Kandra Armor

Faceless Mist-Wraith

22 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Nose ears and kneecaps are the most visible cartilage, and the only portions of cartilage that they would need for visual effect. 

I agree it's likely. I want to ask about this now though. Whether Kandra have to carry pieces of false cartilage that they can use to mimic those or if they can make it, because while cartilage isn't as durable as bone, it could be used for makeshift parts. 

Why didn't MeLaan use cartilage to connect the broken pieces of bone instead of tendon? 

I think that using tendons would allow the bones to still move. Cartilage would just hold it fast, it doesn't stretch as well as tendons do. I don't remember exactly where the break was, for MeLaan, though. I need to reread that scene.

Just now, Fourth Of The Night said:

I think that using tendons would allow the bones to still move. Cartilage would just hold it fast, it doesn't stretch as well as tendons do. I don't remember exactly where the break was, for MeLaan, though. I need to reread that scene.

That was my point though, I know at least some of those breaks were mid bone. She'd have wanted them to be stiff. 

A break in the joint held by tendon would make sense. A break in the length of a bone though? 

Just now, Calderis said:

That was my point though, I know at least some of those breaks were mid bone. She'd have wanted them to be stiff. 

A break in the joint held by tendon would make sense. A break in the length of a bone though? 

Hmm. That's a good point. Maybe that's a technique that she isn't very good at yet? Laying down tissue might be harder than churning out a bunch of collagen.

• Chaos locked this topic