Duralumin with Metals [Question]

AnonymousFan

What would duralumin do with the Metals below can anyone speculate?

D+Gold (honestly I have no Idea) (The ability to see multiple threads or CHANGE your past?)

D+ Bendalloy (the ability to freeze or even reverse time?)

D+ Cadmium (Time travel.(only going forward. I'm pretty sure of this)

D+ Lerasium (would you become a super allomancer or some sort of God?) Would this grant feruchemy in any way?

D+ Electrum (similar to D+ Atium I would think)

D+ Chromium (Chromium without contact I would think)

D+ Nicrosil. I would like to see.

D+ Nicrosil when someone is burning Lerasium or atium

Would these be close guesses? What do you guys think? 

6 minutes ago, AnonymousFan said:

D+ Lerasium (would you become a super allomancer or some sort of God?) Would this grant feruchemy in any way?

Nothing would happen here. You have to remember, duralumin forces out the amount of power proportunate to whats in your stomach, and you would burn the same amount of LErasium either way. 

7 minutes ago, AnonymousFan said:

It doesn't change how the metal works

8 minutes ago, AnonymousFan said:

It would slow it down enough so it would be essentially freezing time, I think

The thing to remember with duralumin is that it doesn't actually make the metal stronger. It just burns it all at once, and strength is directly tied to burn rate. So with things like lerasium, bendalloy, cadmium, your not actually going to get more out of them, it's just going to happen faster from your perspective. 

Lerasium should be effectively the same. 

Bendalloy is going to be an instant of time compressed so much that everything else is frozen and then it would end. Not really any more useful than normal. 

Cadmium it would eliminate the need to wait for the bubble to end, but it would be exceptionally easy to overshoot your goal. 

5 minutes ago, Calderis said:

The thing to remember with duralumin is that it doesn't actually make the metal stronger. It just burns it all at once, and strength is directly tied to burn rate. So with things like lerasium, bendalloy, cadmium, your not actually going to get more out of them, it's just going to happen faster from your perspective. 

Lerasium should be effectively the same. 

Bendalloy is going to be an instant of time compressed so much that everything else is frozen and then it would end. Not really any more useful than normal. 

Cadmium it would eliminate the need to wait for the bubble to end, but it would be exceptionally easy to overshoot your goal. 

Ohhhh, right. So I guess duralumin + Nicrosil would do nothing. Kind of like if you flare duralumin it wouldn't change anything

I'm pretty sure there is a WoB (or something) out there about lerasium actually doing something different for allomancers. Remember, we have only seen lerasium used by a non allomancer. So...there is really no way to know what D-lerasium burn would do.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 5:20 PM, AnonymousFan said:

D+ Cadmium (Time travel.(only going forward. I'm pretty sure of this)

Bendalloy: pretty much frozen time outside the bubble for a moment. You aren't reversing it. You can compress time to a crawl, but you can't invert it to go backwards.

Cadmium Bubbles are essentially forward time-travel anyway, this would just make it faster(only a bonus for resource purposes, less time in the bubble means less food to pack while you hibernate into the future)

On 8/19/2017 at 2:31 PM, hoidhunter said:

D+ Lerasium (would you become a super Allomancer or some sort of God?)

I'm pretty sure there is a WoB (or something) out there about Lerasium actually doing something different for Allomancers. Remember, we have only seen Lerasium used by a non Allomancer. So...there is really no way to know what D-Lerasium burn would do.

We have an Annotation saying that making one a Mistborn is a side-effect of Lerasium, yes. However, we have a WoB saying that Duralumin + Lerasium would not make you any stronger of an Allomancer than if you burned the Lerasium normally. Whatever it's normal effect, we don't know, so yep. No way to know.

D+ Nicrosil. I would like to see.

D+ Nicrosil when someone is burning Lerasium or Atium.

Duralumin + Nicrosil on an Atium burner would be little different from Elend doing Duralumin+Atium. Remember that Nicrosil is just Duralumin on other people.

D+Nicrosil/Chromium would be much the same as just Nicrosil/Chromium on someone, only a little bit bigger effect for Nicrosil.
X amount of Nicrosil will burn Y amount of other Metal per second. Duralumin burns Z amount of Nicrosil(may as well be all, but we don't know if there is a max) per second. If you had 5 seconds worth of Nicrosil on you, then you would burn 5Y of the other person's Metal over 5 seconds. D+Nicrosil would just make that 5Y in one second instead of over 5.

D+Chromium would be the exact same. X amount of Chromium drains Y amount of Investiture per second. The main value to this is that you could potentially drain a Compounder immediately, rather than having to keep holding onto them for a long while. Granted, you still run the risk of not having enough Chromium, but it's a better start.

• Chaos locked this topic