Awesome things fullborns could do

King Cole

I've been thinking recently about how Fullborn could do some really awesome stuff and I was wondering if other people had cool Fullborn ideas.

1. Meteor: While in space, tapping tons of nicrosil and pulling on trace metals in the earth, then tapping lots of gold nd iron.

2. Explode: Tapping brass to reach a heat that doesn't exceed 1900 degrees fahrenheit so your gold metal minds dont brake

3. Super crasher: Tapping nicrosil and weight, then pushing on everything.

This is what makes me sad about The Lord Rulers death haha. We never actually got to see what he was capable of. It's also what makes me eager to see Kelsier (or maybe Spook?) again, just to see to what level he has progressed to, and his capabilities, given 5 centuries of development and discovery.

Another idea might be Steel Compounding to speeds of Mach 5 or so (about 1600m/s), at which point air resistance should cause burning up as temperatures would exceed 300C (Not sure on this though, could be higher or less). At this point, you would be an indestructible train which burns or blows out anything in its path. Tapping iron would help (more mass means more inertia, and will result in less KE loss from collisions), and you would need to be compounding Allomantic Pewter (I think Allomancy can also be compounded?) and Feruchemical Gold to be able to withstand the heat and the collisions. I imagine something like this would be useful for mass destruction, such as destroying cities.  

Edited by TheLordRuler
Extra Info

1 hour ago, TheLordRuler said:

This is what makes me sad about The Lord Rulers death haha. We never actually got to see what he was capable of. It's also what makes me eager to see Kelsier (or maybe Spook?) again, just to see to what level he has progressed to, and his capabilities, given 5 centuries of development and discovery.

Another idea might be Steel Compounding to speeds of Mach 5 or so (about 1600m/s), at which point air resistance should cause burning up as temperatures would exceed 300C (Not sure on this though, could be higher or less). At this point, you would be an indestructible train which burns or blows out anything in its path. Tapping iron would help (more mass means more inertia, and will result in less KE loss from collisions), and you would need to be compounding Allomantic Pewter (I think Allomancy can also be compounded?) and Feruchemical Gold to be able to withstand the heat and the collisions. I imagine something like this would be useful for mass destruction, such as destroying cities.  

Feruchemical brass could also help with the heat.

Honestly? Fullborn powers IRL... Get as good as I could with connection and emotional Allomancy to get close to Brandon and work for/with him. Then use mental speed with anything I could get him to divulge to me, to try and work out all of the secrets of the Cosmere. 

That and make myself rich in completely unrelated ways that require no actual labor so I can dedicate myself to the previous goal. 

14 hours ago, Calderis said:

Get as good as I could with connection and emotional Allomancy to get close to Brandon and work for/with him. Then use mental speed with anything I could get him to divulge to me, to try and work out all of the secrets of the Cosmere. manipulate him into writing even cooler fullborn abilities that I have already been granted.

There, I fixed that for you ;)

• 1 month later...

I have never believed that the Lord Ruler was just boasting at the end of The Final Empire, even though a lot of fans do. His powers fully realized are on par with Superman. His pewter/pewter would probably make him the strongest person in the Cosmere. His ability to store weight, compound speed and push /pull on even the smallest bit of metal would let him "fly" at thousands of miles per hour. He could breathe in space, expell extreme heat from his body, repell bullets, heal from anything that did hit him, never go hungry, have super enhanced senses, superhuman intellect, and ages very, very slowly. No wonder he didn't try to kill Vin right away, he must have been bored out of his mind.

4 hours ago, Ati Aon said:

I have never believed that the Lord Ruler was just boasting at the end of The Final Empire, even though a lot of fans do. His powers fully realized are on par with Superman. His pewter/pewter would probably make him the strongest person in the Cosmere. His ability to store weight, compound speed and push /pull on even the smallest bit of metal would let him "fly" at thousands of miles per hour. He could breathe in space, expell extreme heat from his body, repell bullets, heal from anything that did hit him, never go hungry, have super enhanced senses, superhuman intellect, and ages very, very slowly. No wonder he didn't try to kill Vin right away, he must have been bored out of his mind.

Yeah, he could literally destroy the planet if he was so inclined

On 9/18/2017 at 7:05 AM, Ati Aon said:

Yet at the same time, as seen from what happened to him shortly after he lost his atiumminds, he had to stay constantly awake to tap youth from them in order to stay alive (something I never fully realized until someone on this forum pointed it out to me). Plus he had Ruin constantly whispering at him, kind of like what drove Zane over the edge.

Imagine spending a thousand years, bored but awake, counting down time until the next time the Well of Ascension refilled, nothing to do but put down skaa rebellions or watch noble Houses war with each other from time to time, and having Ruin whisper sweet nothings at you. Sure he could tap compounded gold, but who says that covers mental health?

9 minutes ago, robardin said:

Yet at the same time, as seen from what happened to him shortly after he lost his atiumminds, he had to stay constantly awake to tap youth from them in order to stay alive (something I never fully realized until someone on this forum pointed it out to me). Plus he had Ruin constantly whispering at him, kind of like what drove Zane over the edge.

but he didnt need to sleep

3 minutes ago, King Cole said:

but he didnt need to sleep

Not physically, no. He could compound and tap "wakefulness". And in fact, he had to, in order to keep filling and tapping the atiummind.

I'm just surmising that spending 1000 years without sleeping, while "hearing voices" to boot, would have a deleterious effect on Rashek's sanity.

Actually, that makes for a pretty interesting alternative ending to Mistborn: The Final Empire. While struggling with TLR to rip away his atiummind arm bracers, somehow his bronzeminds shake loose, and he just has a thousand years of deferred sleepiness hit him like a wall.

But the lack of sleep would have 0 negative effect, because he physically doesn't need it. Also, if he lost his bronzeminds he would just get sleepy in a couple hours. 

He probably was a F-Atium savant at that point, and might be able to tap it in his sleep

1 hour ago, King Cole said:

But the lack of sleep would have 0 negative effect, because he physically doesn't need it. Also, if he lost his bronzeminds he would just get sleepy in a couple hours. 

He probably was a F-Atium savant at that point, and might be able to tap it in his sleep

I don't agree that not physically needing to sleep is the same as not mentally needing to sleep.

I've stayed awake for 48+ hours in a row, and it wasn't fun by the end of it. I could imagine having "wakefulness" restored from a bronzemind being like having yet more coffee, except with true mental alertness and not just that brain buzzy feeling. That doesn't mean not ever having an REM cycle wouldn't do other things to you.

Could tapping gold fix that? Yes, but that's healing in a restorative sense. Inasmuch as sleep is necessary to process and build new mental connections, to learn new things, I think a never-ending tapping of bronze and gold could do weird things to one's mental state.

That's just my own gut feeling, though; there's no indication in anything in Mistborn or any WoB, as far as I know, that Rashek's paranoia or megalomania were in any way linked to his not having had a night's sleep for nigh upon 1000 years.

1 hour ago, robardin said:

Imagine spending a thousand years, bored but awake, counting down time until the next time the Well of Ascension refilled, nothing to do but put down skaa rebellions or watch noble Houses war with each other from time to time, and having Ruin whisper sweet nothings at you. Sure he could tap compounded gold, but who says that covers mental health?

Considering what he went through he was doing pretty well mentally I would say.  Is it possible that he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep, and so gave himself greater mental stability with the power of the well?  Or possibly he became good enough with atium that he was able to either burn or tap it in his sleep?

1 hour ago, King Cole said:

I was not aware that one could become a feruchemical savant.  Do you have a source to support this, or were you just saying that he was probably practiced enough to do that?

29 minutes ago, robardin said:

I've stayed awake for 48+ hours in a row, and it wasn't fun by the end of it. I could imagine having "wakefulness" restored from a bronzemind being like having yet more coffee, except with true mental alertness and not just that brain buzzy feeling. That doesn't mean not ever having an REM cycle wouldn't do other things to you.

you would literally not need sleep, your body would not ever get tired and it wouldn't mess with you at all

6 minutes ago, King Cole said:

you would literally not need sleep, your body would not ever get tired and it wouldn't mess with you at all

Yeah you keep making that point, but what about his mind?  We don't know that there aren't mental repercussions to using a bronzemind for that long.  That being said, using a bronzemind could protect against mental damage, similar to how tapping iron also increases the body's strength, if only to deal with the increased weight.  Either way, it was interesting that he had to stay awake that whole time, I had never thought of that.

On 9/26/2017 at 11:03 AM, CayJoBla said:

Yeah you keep making that point, but what about his mind?  We don't know that there aren't mental repercussions to using a bronzemind for that long.  That being said, using a bronzemind could protect against mental damage, similar to how tapping iron also increases the body's strength, if only to deal with the increased weight.  Either way, it was interesting that he had to stay awake that whole time, I had never thought of that.

Gold would take care of any mental, physical, or Spiritual damage. Unfortunately, this would probably mean you could not become a savant.

7 minutes ago, MRex said:

What would the equivalent of a fullborn be on Roshar, that is my question. A Radiant duel wielding honorblades in addition to his own powers? I don't even think that would match a Fullborn for sheer power. Any other ideas?

maybe someone who had a crazy amount of stormlight combined with being able to use any surge could fight a Fullborn, but Fullborn are just way too OP

On 9/19/2017 at 10:52 PM, CayJoBla said:

I can just imagine a fullborn breaking the speed of light by compounding nicrosil to superboost steel and pewter alomancy, storing almost all of their weight in an ironmind, and then superboosting duralumin as they push off Scadrial's core

He'd have to spend a lot of healing to survive moving that fast. Air resistance and burning up is gonna be a pain to heal through.
Actually, he wouldn't be able to pass speed of light anyway because of that twisted science of mass approaching speed of light. His Ironminds would be filled instantly to try and store all of that mass.

On 9/26/2017 at 10:33 AM, robardin said:

he had to stay constantly awake to tap youth from them in order to stay alive (something I never fully realized until someone on this forum pointed it out to me).

While I imagine that his paranoia from Ruin/betrayal kept him awake most nights anyway, it stands to reason that if you can store one F-Power while sleeping, you should be able to do all of them. I'll edit in a link to the last time this got discussed when I find it, but the general consensus was that TLR would have figured it out if it were possible.

53 minutes ago, MRex said:

Gold would take care of any mental, physical, or Spiritual damage.

Mental Health isn't really something that F-Gold covers.

On 9/26/2017 at 0:53 PM, King Cole said:

To Quote Myself: A thing to remember is that Sleep isn't just "not being tired."

On 7/3/2017 at 4:36 PM, The One Who Connects said:

You wouldn't need to use massive bursts all the time like Miles does. It would actually be more like Atium Compounding, in that it would be a steady draw that gradually increases over time. After a while(couple weeks/months depending), you'd start to experience those bad side effects. Sleep helps people commit short-term memory to long-term memory, it helps with the psychological balance, helps the body heal, etc..

However, using hwiles example of a Roughs "lawman" could actually prevent these side effects, as they don't have F-Gold to heal up after a firefight. Time spent on bedrest/in hospital is time that could be spent actually sleeping, which would reset the internal timebomb that is psychosis/memory issues from sleep deprivaton. If our detective has to pull several all-nighters, he can compound and do so. But a smart detective also knows the value of taking a moment to reorient and not going straight into another job.

In short, the downsides of endlessly tapping Wakefulness will likely include, but is not limited to:

• Decreased Rate of Healing (body heals faster when sleeping)
  • Increased Intensity of Minor Aches and Pains (body repairs itself while sleeping)
  • Short-Term Memory Loss
  • Psychological Instability

Due to the health issues, it is recommended that a Bronze Compounder take some time off to rest and recharge by actually sleeping. Doing so is doubly recommended as sleep will also help combat the onset of psychosis and other mental issues.