Mid-Range Game 24: Baleful Eye

Seonid

On 07/09/2017 at 2:15 AM, BrightnessRadiant said:

protected Elithanathile the first cycle and then Ecthelion every cycle after that because I was set on keeping the role play alive haha.....also I wanted Scotty to die protecting Robin in the writeup but alas I was role blocked, robbed, and murdered all in the same cycle. xD This really was a terrifying city wasn't it. Haha

Woah. I killed you, but I don't know about the other two. That's a lot of unfortunateness for you. :P

Alright, so here is the comprehensive list of Epic Powers, as promised:

Lavalake: Lava Summoning - Create a lake of lava in between your target and incoming attacks. Protection

Liquid Transmutation - If you make the faction kill, you can incinerate the body. Role, alignment, and items on the target are not revealed.

Stormwarden: Chain Lightning - If you make the faction kill, all players that targeted the same person are roleblocked next cycle.

Windform - You are immune to the lynch

Hypnotist: Mind Invasion - Target a player to learn their role and alignment

Suggestion - Change a target's vote to another player

Tachyon: Super Speed - If you make the faction kill, you cannot be roleblocked unless the blocker uses your weakness.

Temporal Reversal - Target a player. All actions they take fail, and all actions targeting them fail.

Starsight: Astral Form - You may use 2 actions per cycle, and survive the first attack against you.

Starfire - Roleblock another player. If you use Starfire twice on the same player during one turn, kill them instead.

Gifted power (Starfire) - Target another player. If they target you, they are roleblocked

Hydroplane: Liquid Surfboard - Reduce the number of votes on you by 2

Mirage - a random action targeting you is redirected to another player of your choice.

All of these powers took an action to use. Epics could also be targeted by the Black Market Arms Dealer to create Motivator Tech items. Here are the items, listed by Epic:

Nighthound: Regenerative Jacket (Passive: Block the first attack against you)

Hydroplane: Image Caster (redirect a random action from you to another player)

Starsight: Astral Projector (All actions targeted at you fail)

Lavalake: Lava Gun (The target you attack is also roleblocked)

Stormwarden: Lightning Projector (Your attack can target 2 players)

Hypnotist: Emotional Soother (Redirect a vote)

Tachyon: Speed Bracers (Passive: You may take 2 actions per cycle)

Here is the comprehensive list of non-epic roles and their items:

Note: A Concealed item could not be stolen or traded away and wasn't supposed to be revealed in the writeup (although I might have slipped somewhere)

Reckoner Sniper:

Had a Concealed Force Jacket (Passive, survive the first attack against you) and a Sniper Rifle (If you make the faction kill, you can't be seen by watchers)

Reckoner Archivist:

Had a Concealed Harmsway (target a player to protect them) and a Concealed Data Uplink (target a player; if they are an Epic, roleblock them using their weakness)

Reckoner Demolitions Expert:

Had a Demolition Charge (1-shot; if you make the faction kill, it bypasses protection) and a Concealed Tensor (target a player; if they are not an Epic, roleblock them)

Reckoner Coordinator:

Had a Mobile (create a PM with another player) and a Fake ID Chip (if you are scanned, you show up as a Loyal Citizen)

There were 2 Lovers:

One of them had a Mobile, a Video Recording Chip (target a player to learn what they did this cycle), and Handcuffs (1-shot roleblock)

The other had a Motion Sensor (the first action targeted at you this cycle fails), a Surveillance Camera (target a player to learn who targeted them this cycle), and a Concealed Pistol (1-shot; announce in thread to immediately attack another player)

After Mint was lynched, Ecth gained a Rusty Knife (attack another player)

The Penitent Murderer had no items, but could target a player. If they were attacked, the murderer would die instead of the target.

The Graverobber had no items, but could target a dead player to steal an item from their corpse.

The Thief had no items, but could target a living player to steal an item from them.

The Smuggler started with a Concealed Pistol, a Bulletproof Vest (passive; survive the first attack against you), Shortwave Radio (send an anonymous message to be posted in the writeup; doesn't count as an action), a Mobile, a Surveillance Camera, a Fake ID Chip 3xPerformance Enhancing Drugs (1-shot; use to gain +2 actions this cycle), and 3xSedatives (1-shot; block another players vote)

They could target a player to trade one of their items for one of their target's.

The Bounty Hunter had an Assault Rifle (attack a player), a Bulletproof Vest, and a DNA Scanner (target a player to learn if they are an Epic, bypassing any scan immunity)

The Detective had a Forensic Kit (target a player to learn if they are a criminal - the Penitent Murderer, the Smuggler, the Thief, and the Graverobber were criminals), an Identity Scanner (target a player to scan their role), and 2xConcealed Handcuffs. If they roleblocked a criminal with their Handcuffs, they confiscated a random item and won the game.

The Informant had an Identity Scanner, a Fake ID Chip, and a Mobile. They started with a doc with each faction.

The Black Market Arms Dealer had a Concealed DNA Analyzer and 2xPerformance Enhancing Drugs. If they targeted an Epic with the DNA Analyzer, they picked up enough DNA to create a Motivator, which they could then use to create a Motivator Item, as listed in the above post.

The Doctor had a First Aid Kit (protect another player) and a Defibrillator (1-shot; announce your action in-thread to immediately bring one player that died last cycle back from the game. Could only be used in the first 24 hours of the cycle)

The Survivalist had a Motion Sensor, a Bulletproof Vest, and an Autoturret (all players who target you this cycle are attacked)

The Vengeful Neighbor had no items.

The Nosy Neighbor had a Mobile, a Video Recording Chip, and a Surveillance Camera

Edited by Seonid

9 hours ago, Seonid said:

Alright, so here is the comprehensive list of Epic Powers, as promised:

Lavalake: Lava Summoning - Create a lake of lava in between your target and incoming attacks. Protection

Liquid Transmutation - If you make the faction kill, you can incinerate the body. Role, alignment, and items on the target are not revealed.

Stormwarden: Chain Lightning - If you make the faction kill, all players that targeted the same person are roleblocked next cycle.

Windform - You are immune to the lynch

Hypnotist: Mind Invasion - Target a player to learn their role and alignment

Suggestion - Change a target's vote to another player

Tachyon: Super Speed - If you make the faction kill, you cannot be roleblocked unless the blocker uses your weakness.

Temporal Reversal - Target a player. All actions they take fail, and all actions targeting them fail.

Starsight: Astral Form - You may use 2 actions per cycle, and survive the first attack against you.

Starfire - Roleblock another player. If you use Starfire twice on the same player during one turn, kill them instead.

Gifted power (Starfire) - Target another player. If they target you, they are roleblocked

Hydroplane: Liquid Surfboard - Reduce the number of votes on you by 2

Mirage - a random action targeting you is redirected to another player of your choice.

All of these powers took an action to use. Epics could also be targeted by the Black Market Arms Dealer to create Motivator Tech items. Here are the items, listed by Epic:

Nighthound: Regenerative Jacket (Passive: Block the first attack against you)

Hydroplane: Image Caster (redirect a random action from you to another player)

Starsight: Astral Projector (All actions targeted at you fail)

Lavalake: Lava Gun (The target you attack is also roleblocked)

Stormwarden: Lightning Projector (Your attack can target 2 players)

Hypnotist: Emotional Soother (Redirect a vote)

Tachyon: Speed Bracers (Passive: You may take 2 actions per cycle)

Look at all the cool items I could have made

• 2 weeks later...

Heh. I never did put together that retrospective, did I? Ah well. Any thoughts I had weighing heavily on my mind are gone with the passage of time now. Sorry about that, busy lives and all.

This was a fascinating and experimental game. Unfortunately, due to it's nature, it probably can't be run again - it relied heavily on folks not suspecting that almost everyone was a neutral role with an individual win con until later in the game. It almost certainly had balance issues, but I hope folks had fun with it.

The time has come and gone to lock this thread, though. So without further ado, goodbye!

If anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get a hold of Wilson, Orlok Tsubodai, Alvron or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our 
Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!

If you would like to play, a new Long Game should be up and running in the very near future, so watch for a signup thread to be posted!

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: