Mid-Range Game 24: Baleful Eye

Seonid

I want to take that vote off ripple. 

But...

How did you survive the attack?

And I would appreciate it if someone else can share their thoughts on this matter and join in on the vote. I don't feel like I should be the decider here.

@Hemalurgic_Headshot

What's that about your suspicion on Elenion? And why should you be left alone if you are a survivalist?

Edited by Megasif

1 hour ago, Megasif said:

I want to take that vote off ripple. 

But...

How did you survive the attack?

And I would appreciate it if someone else can share their thoughts on this matter and join in on the vote. I don't feel like I should be the decider here.

@Hemalurgic_Headshot

What's that about your suspicion on Elenion? And why should you be left alone if you are a survivalist?

He's a bit suspicious of me because during last cycle, Drake told everyone that his role was non-threatening. When I made my analysis this cycle--before HH roleclaimed--I disregarded Drake's claim about HH because we don't know if Drake was lying or not, and that made him suspicious of me because Drake turns out to have been telling the truth.

We should leave HH alone because he's not hurting anyone, and killing him would make him lose, so unless we have evidence of him being evil then we shouldn't mess up his win con.

Edit: @Sami you're on the Shard right now. What are your game thoughts?

Edited by Elenion

I survived because I have an ability similar to the one Crimsn claimed to have. I can survive one kill attempt.

My win con, verbatim, is to "survive until the end of the game." That's it. It's about as neutral as you can get.

I didn't realize that there was only one Malcontent. Having only one Loyal Citizen makes a lot more sense in that light, as far as game balance goes. Apologies, Elenion. That was honestly the main reason I was suspicious of you.

Edited by RippleGylf

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

Edit: @Sami you're on the Shard right now. What are your game thoughts?

I'm a little confused as to how this game ends now. Do we just keep playing until everyone meets/fails their win con? Or are there more Reckoners out there? (also, what is SK? :ph34r:

Just now, Sami said:

I'm a little confused as to how this game ends now. Do we just keep playing until everyone meets/fails their win con? Or are there more Reckoners out there? (also, what is SK? :ph34r:

There is a defined end game condition that has not been met.

SK stands for serial killer.

2 hours ago, Sami said:

Seonid can't say this because he's the GM, but most games like these end when a major faction fulfills their win con.

There are likely no more Reckoners, but I guess it's possible for there to be another one alive. My game analysis is strongly against it, though, and if you want I can tell you that reasoning.

SK is serial killer. SKs almost always have 1 kill per night, and a win con to be the last person standing. They also usually have an extra life, which is why Ripple's extra life concerns me so much.

On 02/09/2017 at 8:04 PM, Rebecca said:

I have mentioned before that I am neutral, though I said it quickly, and really didn't go into it, so many may not have noticed. I am neutral, though. 

I don't really want to reveal my specific role, but a way you could help me achieve my win con is to tell me who you think may die next, if anyone (not lynch). 

You mean who the night kill could be?

On 02/09/2017 at 11:17 PM, Shqueeves said:

I've been unable to follow what has happened with any sort of attention, but I was summoned here twice in rapid succession, so here i am (at least, for a little bit). @Elenion, you asked me to claim, so claim I shall. I am a neutral player with the ability to make PMs (not that I've used it much) and will win by surviving and observing 3 people perform actions

How will you observe people perform actions?

Is there a night ability you have apart from PMs?

Ripple. 

Right now, I think Ripple is most likely neutral due to the retraction of vote on Len.

I have some sort of suspicions on Shqueeves and rebecca, mainly due to the quotes above.

I don't think I fully trust Cole either but for now, anything important in that PM? That could help us win.

@Sami Can you shed any light on your win-con. Can be vague like the others but at least some indication of what we're dealing with? Sorry if you've said something already, I've not read all the cycles so far.

Elenion, do you have any ideas about the end-game conditions or any other suspicions?

Edited by Megasif

15 minutes ago, Megasif said:

Elenion, do you have any ideas about the end-game conditions or any other suspicions?

Here's where my tactical notes get sketchy, but I do have some ideas. Even my own win con isn't clear as to exactly who constitutes a threat to Balelight--I'll ask a PM clarification about that.

[For this I will assume that Drake was telling the truth about believing there is an SK, which makes sense considering that without an SK the Reckoners would likely have won last round, or if they needed to kill me than I should have won this round]

Loyal Citizen: Destroy Reckoners, SK, and Malcontent

Malcontent: Destroy Cabal, SK, and Loyal Citizen

Reckoners: Destroy Cabal and SK

Cabal: Destroy Reckoners and the SK

SK: Destroy all other players

The reason the game hasn't ended is because none of these have accomplished their win cons yet. The Loyal Citizen (me) hasn't killed the SK yet. The Malcontent died early. The Reckoners destroyed the Cabal but died before killing the SK. The Cabal all died before destroying either of the threats to them. The SK hasn't killed everyone yet.

So basically, apart from the Neutrals working on their individual win cons, I think that I'm trying to kill the SK before the SK can kill everyone. Hence why it's in everyone's best interests to help me with my objective.

Can we assume that balelight is a role that someone currently has? 

From your win-con, an SK is most likely confirmed.

And the game-ending win-cons are most likely just yours and the SK's at this point? Unless there's a member from one the groups still alive. There have been 4 Epics so far, I think it's a good possibility there's another reckoner?

And from the discussion so far, if you are the SK's target, then he knows who you are if he didn't already.

You say Elith is a confirmed black market, but do we know why? Sorry if it's already been mentioned.

As far as I know, from the players list, the neutral roles have been unique, so it's hard to imagine that there would be two black-market arms dealers (Flash was the first). He could easily claim the role as there would not be anyone to dispute it. My role-name also is most likely unique as none of the players that have died have it and I think no one living has it either. This leads me to believe this could be a fake role-claim. It would be an easy pass to not ask for any additional info and input from the player.

I have a win con clarification in from Seonid: for my win con, I actually didn't need to kill the Malcontent, but I needed to destroy the Reckoners, Epic Cabal, and any SK-type roles. Makes me really surprised that I've made it this far, but doesn't really change much game-wise.

Hold on: @RippleGylf are you Balelight?

I'm glad that Ripple isn't Balelight, because the claimed second life was reminding me of Balelight's daughter's role abilities, and if Ripple was Balelight then I'd likely need to protect her. Sorry, Ripple, but I don't know much about your role and what I do know implies that you're an SK.

4 hours ago, Sami said:

Lol I actually did at one point ask Seonid if Balelight could be killed. He said "not yet" :ph34r: I was like "wait, what?"

This might be LG28 all over again. In that game, the Heart of the House could only be killed once all eliminators  were dead. Maybe, in this game, Balelight can be killed, but only in RP by a faction that has won the game.

Megasif, if you would have provided any modicum of reasoning behind your vote swap, I wouldn't be quite as suspicious of you.

Elenion, as I stated before, would I be daft enough to tell everyone that I'm Balelight? Please don't kill me.

I get the feeling you're either the SK or Balelight.

Edited by RippleGylf
Forgot to put in the actual vote :P

MR24: Aftermath

Writeup to be posted someday,  when I have PC access instead of just mobile

RippleGylf was lynched! They were the Epic Starsight (Corrupted) with the powers of Starfire and Astral Form!

Elenion was killed! They were a Loyal Citizen with a Mobile!

Vote Count

Ripple (2): Len, Megasif

Megasif (1): Ripple

The game is over!

The Epic Cabal has failed to reach their win condition: eliminate all threats to their rule of the city by virtue of not being alive to rule the city by the end of the game.

The Reckoners and Roadwalker, the Malcontent have failed to reach their win condition: overthrow Balelight and eliminate all threats to the civilians of the city, by virtue of not being alive to overthrow Balelight at the end of the game.

Elenion, the Loyal Citizen, has reached their win condition: eliminate all threats to Balelight's rule of the city!

RippleGylf, the Epic Starsight (Corrupted) has failed to reach their primary win con of surviving until the end of the game and remaining uncorrupted. They also failed to reach their secondary win con of eliminating all threats to their rule of the city!

Sami, the Bounty Hunter, has failed to reach their win con of killing an Epic.

Majestic, the Minor Epic Hydroplane, reached their win con of using one of their powers to get another player killed.

Flash, the Black Market Arms Dealer, has failed to reach their win con of creating at least 2 pieces of Epic motivator tech and passing one of them to the Reckoners.

King Cole, the Graverobber, has failed to reach their win con of stealing 5 unique items from dead players' corpses.

Shqueeves, the Nosy Neighbor, has failed to reach their win con of watching at least 3 people perform actions.

Alvron, the Informant, has failed to reach their win con of passing at least one piece of accurate, actionable information from the Reckoners to the Epics, and one piece of accurate, actionable information from the Epics to the Reckoners.

Sami, the Bounty Hunter, has failed to reach their win con of killing an Epic.

Rebecca, the Doctor, has failed to reach their win con of either protecting a player against an attack or bringing one dead player back to life.

BrightnessRadiant, the Penitent Murder, has failed to reach their win con of dying to a kill meant for someone else.

Hemalurgic_Headshot, the Survivalist, has reached their win con of surviving to the end of the game.

Elithanathile, the Smuggler, has reached their win con of trading for 5 unique items that they did not start with.

Frozen Mint, a Lover, has failed to reach their win con of surviving with their lover until the end of the game.

Megasif, the Vengeful Neighbor, has failed to reach their win con of getting King Cole lynched.

Ecthelion III, a Grieving Lover, has failed to reach their primary win con of surviving with their lover until the end of the game, but succeeded in reaching their secondary win con of killing all the players who voted to lynch their lover.

Asterion137, the Detective, has reached their win condition of finding and roleblocking a criminal.

Arinian, the Thief, has failed to reach their win con of stealing 5 unique items from other players.

Player List:

1. [REDACTED] - Paranoid King, person who specializes in collecting relics. Epic Hypnotist
  2. Starshatter and Birdrider - Winter Devotion, star crossed Australian runaways. Epic Lavalake
  3. Jon - Jondesu, amazing with computers but absolutely useless when it comes to talking to people Reckoners Demolitions Expert
  4. Mark - Mark IV Reckoners Sniper
  5. Biff - Elenion, a street salesman in the wrong place at the wrong time Loyal Citizen
  6. Sandra Kensington - Sami, weapons manufacturer with dark secret Bounty Hunter
  7. Rashers - Majestic, a bacon-summoning Epic Hydroplane
  8. Impulse - The Flash Black Market Arms Dealer
  9. Shockwave - King Cole, Epic with a terrible singing voice Graverobber
  10. Matt - Shqueeves, orphan who never knew anything better Nosy Neighbor
  11. Anonymous - Alvron, The Collective will ensure you never know anything about him Informant
  12. Silver Feather - Roadwalker Malcontent
  13. Tammy - Rebecca, the accidental daughter of Obliteration (:o) Doctor
  14. Amy Scott - Brightness Radiant, out of place punster Penitent Murderer
  15. Nameless Character I - Drake Marshall Reckoners Coordinator
  16. Annabelle - Lemonelon, an "engineer" Epic Stormwarden
  17. Sol - Eternum Epic Tachyon
  18. Lightwood - RippleGylf Epic Starsight (Corrupted)
  19. Outblack - Hemalurgic_Headshot Survivalist
  20. Falchion - Elithanathile Smuggler
  21. Cranium - Frozen Mint Lover
  22. Annoan - Megasif Vengeful Neighbor
  23. Nameless Character II - Ecthelion III Grieving Lover
  24. Pickle - asterion137, a small - time thief Detective
  25. Altea Meza - Crimsn_Wolf, a petite young drifter Reckoners Archivist
  26. Fess - Arinian Thief

Docs:

Spec Doc

Reckoners Doc

Epic Doc

Informant-Reckoners Doc

Informant-Epics Doc

Sparks that was a bad start for us Reckoners. I knew I was drawing flak, but I also knew it might be too suspicious if I was posting but not going after anything. Well done to Majestic for pulling that off so skillfully, though!

Len, I didn’t believe the Loyal Citizen claim, so even though I was long dead, I’m sorry your hard work didn’t convince very many people.

And phew, that was a weird but fun game.