Long Game 37: Forest Thread

It will be interesting to see the medium in action. When can they start posting in both threads then? As soon as they're chosen or starting from day turn?

So PK was village. Now we can look back on PK/doc and PK/araris interactions.

Araris explained in the day 1 thread that it might be the playstyle difference that made them vote. I'm still not leaning elim on them as I think it would be too elimy that early on. In that scenario, I think they would both either be village or both elims. And trying to clear the other in case one gets lynched. I think it was village/village in this case. Opinion subject to change.

Need to think more on the Pk/Doc but I think the PK vote was rather impulsive and gives me a bad feeling.

P.s.

@Jondesu forgot to unvote. Rollover is 5am for me.

Edited by Megasif

Greatgreat Thanks Doc :D

I just want to say...I told you so :P PK lynch was a bad idea. But well, D1 and all. As megasif said, we can probably get some info from this.

5 hours ago, Eternum said:

Stick, since you're the protector now, I'll mention something. If you use 2 actions this turn, you shouldn't take one next turn, or else you will die. Also, if you take one action this turn, one action the next, you shouldn't take one the 3rd. Your action cooldown resets every turn spent without taking one.

Hm yeah. But I have one extra life :P. Though I won't use a third action unless I absolutely have to.

Small Large wondered into the Forest, easily walking over the bridge due to his somewhat tall height, that isn't too tall because that would be Large Large. He'd been told by various peeps at the Court that he should be very careful of all these animals cause of this or that, but who would ever harm Small Large? Although, those trees did look somewhat looming. 

Wait, how can trees even loom? Small Large got scared, and wandered over back to the Court.

His last thought while he was in the Forest was that maybe he should get a Logger to be his Guardian. 

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

Greatgreat Thanks Doc :D

I just want to say...I told you so :P PK lynch was a bad idea. But well, D1 and all. As megasif said, we can probably get some info from this.

Hm yeah. But I have one extra life :P. Though I won't use a third action unless I absolutely have to.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I ALSO CHOSE YOU AS MY POTENTIAL PROTECTOR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

11 minutes ago, STINK said:

Small Large wondered into the Forest, easily walking over the bridge due to his somewhat tall height, that isn't too tall because that would be Large Large. He'd been told by various peeps at the Court that he should be very careful of all these animals cause of this or that, but who would ever harm Small Large? Although, those trees did look somewhat looming. 

Wait, how can trees even loom? Small Large got scared, and wandered over back to the Court.

His last thought while he was in the Forest was that maybe he should get a Logger to be his Guardian. 

Rip

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I ALSO CHOSE YOU AS MY POTENTIAL PROTECTOR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:>

I should probably catch up on last turn now

15 minutes ago, STINK said:

I'm an Ent. 

BOO. 

:P why am I having so much fun right now. 

Oh and @A Joe in the Bush it doesn't make a difference but araris voted for me as medium. 

Edited by Flash

7 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

LYNCH VOTES

Straw (1): Araris

Paranoid King (3): Doc, Dalinar Kholin, Flash

Heamalurgic Headshot (1): Paranoid King

Araris (1): Stick

Jondesu(1): Megasif

How likely could it be that at least one elim participated in the pk lynch? 

32 minutes ago, Megasif said:

The elims could just be letting the village do some work for them. 

Edit: So guessing that they're probably all village. 

Yeah, I also think so. Sure, I could be wrong, but the probability of an elim helping with that lynch is very low.

Well Stick, you did tell me so... *sigh* back to the drawing board. Congrat's on being appointed protector, I think thats the best choice.

Now, we need to ask doc how being informed of medium win con (/if he can tell us or wants to what it is). I think this is probably the best medium protector combo right now, but also we need to consider if we can use the medium role to potentially identify elim's (I'm still confused how that works, but we should use every tool at our availability).

Next, P.K. lynch. Possibilities.

1. They voted on him for the heck of it. Possible, but unlikely and risky w ith so few people actually voting.

2. An elim was under threat, and P.K. offered an alternative. Of course, this could be dependent on when the people made there vote. In order to determine this we'd need to see who was being voted on at the time that me and Flash made our votes (because it wouldn't make much sense for doc)

3. A vote to stay active (only doc would fit this category, but I don't think he's elim).

4. No elims. Could mean smart elims letting us scramble about and accuse ourselves and didn't see any need to force any particular lynch, or less active ones.

2 and 4 seem like the only logical outcomes to me, and out of the two I'm currently leaning towards no elim's. Only possibility from my perspective is flash.

Btw flash, you just used the fact that you would have voted for stick to confirm yourself as good. You realize that you're the only one who could give us that information...? In response to weird vibes, I think we've only played last game together? I've gotten a lot of jabs at being relatively inactive over my last year of playing SE, and I'm trying to step it up a notch. I know I'm still inexperienced and I'll make lots of mistakes (cough cough sorry PK), but I think it's going to make myself a better player and hopefully make it a more interesting game. 

5 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Well Stick, you did tell me so... *sigh* back to the drawing board. Congrat's on being appointed protector, I think thats the best choice.

Now, we need to ask doc how being informed of medium win con (/if he can tell us or wants to what it is). I think this is probably the best medium protector combo right now, but also we need to consider if we can use the medium role to potentially identify elim's (I'm still confused how that works, but we should use every tool at our availability).

Next, P.K. lynch. Possibilities.

1. They voted on him for the heck of it. Possible, but unlikely and risky w ith so few people actually voting.

2. An elim was under threat, and P.K. offered an alternative. Of course, this could be dependent on when the people made there vote. In order to determine this we'd need to see who was being voted on at the time that me and Flash made our votes (because it wouldn't make much sense for doc)

3. A vote to stay active (only doc would fit this category, but I don't think he's elim).

4. No elims. Could mean smart elims letting us scramble about and accuse ourselves and didn't see any need to force any particular lynch, or less active ones.

2 and 4 seem like the only logical outcomes to me, and out of the two I'm currently leaning towards no elim's. Only possibility from my perspective is flash.

Btw flash, you just used the fact that you would have voted for stick to confirm yourself as good. You realize that you're the only one who could give us that information...? In response to weird vibes, I think we've only played last game together? I've gotten a lot of jabs at being relatively inactive over my last year of playing SE, and I'm trying to step it up a notch. I know I'm still inexperienced and I'll make lots of mistakes (cough cough sorry PK), but I think it's going to make myself a better player and hopefully make it a more interesting game. 

Yeah I think you're right, possibility#4 seems most likely. Though I'm guessing at least one elim voted on someone else who wasn't pk, or subtly prodded for the PK lynch. I'll reread last turn and see what I can find.

Greetings one and all, and a good evening. 

Thank you all for your support, and I pledge to serve the Giilite woods as best as I can with my new role. 

Firstly, I wish to apologize to the Inspector, for it seems that my accusation of him was mistaken. I was watching the accusations further in the day, but did not feel the need to retract my accusation, as I did feel that he has been suspicious. However, my suspicions were wrong, and for that, my friend, I must apologize. 

Now. Most of you are undoubtedly wondering what my new win condition is. I am afraid that I cannot state it right now, but I am no longer Giilite, but I am not Gunnerkrigg either. I now do not win with either side. I can confirm that my counterpart from the Court, Medium Large Small, has the same goal, one that he stated first before I did mine. Make of this what you will. Until I work out a plan with my counterpart Medium Small Large, I will not say more of this goal. Please know, however, that we will ultimately be working for what is best for both sides. 

As to what is happening tonight, messages are now free. Please do message me, and I promise to answer every question as frankly as I am able. 

Now. Let us discuss a plan of action. 

Shortly before night fell, as the Inspector was slated to die, he chose to move his vote from me to Marv (headshot). This is most curious. Until then, his vote has been on me, and while he was incorrect in his accusation, I cannot say  his vote was unjustified. I did accuse him first, and for him to accuse me back was natural. However, his switch to Marv occurred without explanation near the very end of the day. Why did he do this? Had he found a more compelling target somehow? 

My Lord Coyote, I notice that on death, the Inspector was remembered as a loyal woodsman. I would like to know, however, if on death your true self becomes visible, that we may know the true role of a spirit? Was the Inspector roleless, or are roles simply not revealed by death? I ask this because I wonder if the Inspector had had a role, specifically that of the air elemental, that allowed him to find out something. Marv, ( @Hemalurgic_Headshot), Would you be kind enough to enlighten me if you had a PM with The Inspector? Failing that, I would ask that the Air Elemental to please contact me so I might know discount or validate this theory. 

Because of this incident, I am watching Marv with an air of curiosity. When Straw proposed to lynch Joe, Marv was one of the people that followed. Marv in the day voted for Straw, and Straw voted back. In the evening they both agreed to retract these votes. Is there any significance in that? I do not know. If there are Shadowpeople present, it might be interesting to see what they do this night. 

Looking at the votes, I see no evidence of vote manipulation, unless you count Araris' medium vote, which was on Flash but is nowhere to be seen. @A Joe in the Bush is this intentional? If it is, there might be Anwyn or Wisps at work, or even Reynard. 

Now, of all of us assembled here, Sean, Rendren, Fess and Centaurus have been nowhere to be seen. Centaurus and Fess, however, have been known to be reasonably active in hunts, so I hope they shall join us soon. If by the third day they do not arrive, we might have to consider them inactive. The Lady of Chaos has also stated that she will be inactive. This saddens me, as it seems one third of us are not able to join this hunt. For now, we shall not consider them, but in later days might have to consider vigilante killing them. 

To work, to work, my friends. All of you with roles to play, play them on your suspicions. I believe our most important asset right now is the Shadowpeople. Follow people, and report back on what you have seen. 

@winter devotion@randuir I see you trying to vote for Lord Coyote. I'll let you know some of us already tried that. It failed. :P

Anyway, now that I think about it, meetings are probably part of the Medium's wincon.

There's no reason for them not to be, tbh. How they fit into it, though, is another question.

16 hours ago, Eternum said:

Wait, what..?

When did that happen?

Umm, what do you mean?  The votes on PK were there for a long time (I think he was the first person to have a lynch vote on them), and vote tallies were posted several times.

This post is just giving me really weird vibes.

Also, totally called that PK was village, or at least that the reasoning to lynch him was nuts.

No, squirrels, go away! I don't actually have any nuts!

Wait…

3 hours ago, Doc12 said:

Shortly before night fell, as the Inspector was slated to die, he chose to move his vote from me to Marv (headshot). This is most curious. Until then, his vote has been on me, and while he was incorrect in his accusation, I cannot say  his vote was unjustified. I did accuse him first, and for him to accuse me back was natural. However, his switch to Marv occurred without explanation near the very end of the day. Why did he do this? Had he found a more compelling target somehow? 

Yeah, this was definitely weird. If he did it for self preservation, why vote on someone with zero votes on them?

3 hours ago, Doc12 said:

My Lord Coyote, I notice that on death, the Inspector was remembered as a loyal woodsman. I would like to know, however, if on death your true self becomes visible, that we may know the true role of a spirit? Was the Inspector roleless, or are roles simply not revealed by death? I ask this because I wonder if the Inspector had had a role, specifically that of the air elemental, that allowed him to find out something. Marv, ( @Hemalurgic_Headshot), Would you be kind enough to enlighten me if you had a PM with The Inspector? Failing that, I would ask that the Air Elemental to please contact me so I might know discount or validate this theory. 

It probably means roleless, but yeah, better that a GM confirm it.

My logic for not being an elim is thus: wouldn't an elim Medium choose an eliminator Guardian? So if both Doc and I chose Stick as our potential guardians, (and I chose them because stick was my strongest village read besides Eternum), then it is highly unlikely that we are all elims. If we were all elims, I doubt I would have gone against Doc anyway. I was gunning for medium for the heck of it, and to give me more to do in this game than sit and let others do the work. 

Speaking of which, if Doc hasn't shared the medium win condition, I think we should pass the medium role each day. That way we can clear a person a day. I'd be willing to go next, and for simplicity's sake I would keep Stick as Guardian.