Long Game 37: Forest Thread

I'm going to vote Jondesu for lynch. The vote switches seemed to me like an attempt to start a bandwagon and then moved when it didn't gain traction. Obviously I could be wrong but these are my thoughts atm. 

Reading stick as village. It might just be because I'm in stick's village read.

Leaving my vote on Flash for medium. He's enthusiastic about the role. Again could be an elim trying to get power but reading village for now.

Eternum better start using that role.

Haven't seen much from @Araris Valerianrecently. What do you think about the Doc medium now?

On 8/11/2017 at 4:41 PM, _Stick_ said:

Uhh okay I mean I don't know why'd anyone want to medium dead but if anyone does, killing the known protector and then going for the medium is going to be real easy. Maybe a secret role with the win con to kill a medium? Bc all mediums, unless they're an elim, gain a neutral alignment (with an unknown win con), so I don't see why they'd really need protecting in the first place because why would anyone want to get rid of a nuetral medium? 

But yeah, if Doc's really one of the Court, we can maybe ask him to state his win con after he's become a medium? If he's a human, he won't get a new win con. Then the next medium can check if doc was telling the truth.

Make sense? Probably not I dunno

Ninjad by joe

What doc? I haven't read all of the questions/clarifications from Joe so if it's there please tell me. If the medium did have a doc, the only way it would work would be if Joe wrote in the doc what their new win con is. And if Joe confirmed that that was the case. If there's a doc, but new role gets pm'd it's useless because an elim would lie. Until we know how that works, it won't help. Additionally, it would take a couple of mediums to tell the truth for sure (assuming Joe won't tell as more details about how the medium works). Because medium #2 would have to confirm medium #1, either 1 or 2 could be lying and would have to be confirmed by #3. Now, that could be bypassed by Joe confirming how the system works, but it's a legitimate idea. If that's how it works, it's a pretty solid plan, because we could use that to root out elims. 

Does that logic chain make sense? Where can I find more info on mediums/is it there? @_Stick_

Edited by Dalinar Kholin

5 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

What doc? I haven't read all of the questions/clarifications from Joe so if it's there please tell me. If the medium did have a doc, the only way it would work would be if Joe wrote in the doc what their new win con is. And if Joe confirmed that that was the case. If there's a doc, but new role gets pm'd it's useless because an elim would lie. Until we know how that works, it won't help. Additionally, it would take a couple of mediums to tell the truth for sure (assuming Joe won't tell as more details about how the medium works). Because medium #2 would have to confirm medium #1, either 1 or 2 could be lying and would have to be confirmed by #3. Now, that could be bypassed by Joe confirming how the system works, but it's a legitimate idea. If that's how it works, it's a pretty solid plan, because we could use that to root out elims. 

Does that logic chain make sense? Where can I find more info on mediums/is it there? @_Stick_

...I meant the player Doc, not a Google doc :P

3 minutes ago, Straw said:

I'll move my vote from Araris to HH because he voted on me.

Wait when did you vote on araris?

In response to Flash, I meant activity more on the lines of analysis, not to mention right of the gate asking a lot of clarifying questions, ecetera. (albeit, he has been mysteriously absent recently). This is such a messy lynch...I guess we'll have lot to go back and examine later. OK. 

P.K. is my top suspicion right now. I mean, his response to my questions was fine, but a lot of it just feels off.  Especially choosing doc and then explaining it for activity. Looking back (and these seems contradictory because of all the attention it got), I can see an elim deciding to go for a medium vote early because it gives them a lot to talk about without seeming like much of a threat, (it's not like lynching someone, where you're not immediately under counteratack). Even his only vote was reactive. I don't really like any of the alternatives.

Straw I'm also suspicious of, but I feel like I'm always suspicious of straw and I'm always wrong.

Flash, strong village read, last game I played with him he played same style and was village.

Stick: slight village. Especially the later posts, seem to be helpful and clarifying and focused on analysis. One of the key players right now getting stuff moving and keeping the information/analysis ball rolling.

Araris: Neutral. Always. First three games I played with him I thought he was an elim...I was wrong. Haven't seen anything that would deviate from usual playstyle.

Eternum: Nothing, slight village just gut.

Megasif: Slight elim, the vote on jondesu seems a little out of nowhere. We haven't seen any bandwagoning this game...except with the Doc medium vote.

We could have the medium keep their win condition quiet and use it as a scan, by passing it from player to player. 

Ok. I have not had enough time to look at the thread. a grad party went long and I really don't want to hop into a vote uninformed. I don't really agree with any of the lynches. I might put a vote on, but I might not. My gut is telling me araris and PK might be evil, but I want better evidence before I vote for anyone. 

Ok. The whole PK and Doc trading votes bothers me. I'm voting PK  , and Doc flash  

Edited by Flash

Just now, cloudjumper said:

I have no problem with either Doc or Flash as medium, but Doc is winning by a lot and Flash is also voting for him so Doc. I don't have much on the choices for lynch right now but I'll vote later if I see anything.  

... I just changed my vote... 

I think I've said my peace this cycle. But now I want to do some RP. 

Bart flitted around the forest. Who knew that he could suddenly become so important?!

His bright yellow body was vibrant against the green of the forest. He loved the forest. But his favorite days were when it stormed, and lightning rained from the sky. 

He had asked Coyote to become a lightning elemental once. Coyote had laughed and said he was as close to one as there ever could be. An odd response. But who was he to argue with coyote?

Bart settled down. If he was chosen, a lot would change. He would go from invisibility to supreme importance. He would even have to deal with... humans. He shuddered a bit at that. But it would be worth making a positive difference for the forest. 

Bart stared into the setting sun, and smiled. 

2 hours ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

P.K. is my top suspicion right now. I mean, his response to my questions was fine, but a lot of it just feels off.  Especially choosing doc and then explaining it for activity.

I mentioned this previously, but why would I choose Doc if I was trying to manipulate him? And encouraging discussion isn't a bad thing, although I had no idea that's what I was doing.

2 hours ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Even his only vote was reactive. I don't really like any of the alternatives.

By your logic, proactive votes are ones made with no evidence. Reactive votes are ones made in response to other things. I would much rather have a reactive vote, thank you very much. Doc's reasons for voting on me were that:

1. He thought I was trying to manipulate someone, and chose him because I thought he would be a good person to manipulate,
  2. Or he was from the court and I was trying to appoint him

Number 1 is incredibly unlikely. Why would I have chosen him instead of, say, Araris, who is a bit less active (Which means he'd rely on others a bit more,) but not inactive enough to be suspicious? (No offense, Araris)

That leaves only number 2, which is practically an admission of being a court member.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Ok. The whole PK and Doc trading votes bothers me. I'm voting PK

*Sigh*

Let me summarize what's happened so far.

I nominated Doc due to his attitude in previous games.
Doc posted just after me, saying he would like the medium position.
Some concerns that I might be in league with doc were brought up.
Doc considered that he and I might be on the same team, and voted on me.
That vote made no sense unless he was a member of the court, so I reversed my stance.

Doc's vote on me literally makes no sense unless Doc thinks that he is easily manipulated and I am a master manipulator. (Hint: No and No.)

@Flash, if you're going to vote on one of us, vote on Doc. The only reason I'm being voted on is because of "Gut reads" or because Doc might be from the court. In which case, it would be better to lynch doc, because lynching Doc implicates me. Lynching me gives no info about Doc.

8 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

What do you mean by 'you don't even know what role you have yourself'? Could you elaborate on this?

I asked Coyote to give me a hint as to my role, rather than the role itself. So I was told how many humans I could eat in one sitting. I've gotten more info and have figured it out since then, but at the time... yeah.

I don't take any offense. It's an art that I seem to have mastered without really trying to.

I guess my opinion behind all this is that Doc and PK are not both eliminators. Their interactions so far don't make sense in terms of staying hidden. I think what I have against PK is probably just a playstyle difference, since while I disagree with his actions and posts, they don't make tons of sense for an eliminator.

PK's first vote for Doc to be Medium, with the explanation given in that post, doesn't make sense to me from a village perspective, especially given that we don't know what approach any player is going to take to a game before they post at all.

At the beginning, there are more villagers than elims. So if I vote on someone random, I'm more likely to hit a villager than an elim. Later on my decisions would be more influenced by other posts, so my choice wouldn't be random. So if I'm more likely to hit a villager than a elim when voting, I'd rather use that vote to appoint the medium than to kill someone.

In short, if Araris feels like he has ample reason to lynch a likely villager early on, I feel justified in appointing a likely villager as medium early on.

This doesn't really make sense, in light of how games usually play out. D1 lynches aren't random. They aren't as informed as later lynches, but we have 48 hours of player interactions to try and hit an eliminator. And we have D1 lynches most of the time, so not participating gives the eliminators (from a village perspective) more influence over events. Also, everyone can and should be voting in both arenas. I don't know, if everyone dies in the game but me, then I win. So killing people gets me closer to winning. Voting some random person medium doesn't help me win at all. That's how I see the two sets of votes. But this might just be a difference of opinion.

As far as Doc for Medium, I still prefer Flash, which is where my vote is now.

Straw is still a good vote for me because he doesn't seem to be trying to solve the game. Also, I'm a bit suspicious of Stick's lack of commitment to his vote on me, but his plan to confirm the Medium alignment seems way too village to me, so I'll lean village on him.

Night 1: Into the Woods

Haha! Apologies to every creature big and small. There were some problems in the forest, so you will have to wait an hour or three to know what happened. However, be warned! The Gillitie Forestdweller known as The Inspector has been lynched! 

The Honorable Koru has been named Medium of the Forest, and he has Chosen Stick as his protector!

But now, i need to hide the sun under the ground. You all do your normal nightly activities until i return to tell you the Story!

MEDIUM VOTES

Doc (7):  Doc, Eternum, Straw,  _Stick_,  Dalinar Kholin, Jondesu, Hemalurgic Headshot

Flash(3): Megasif, Flash, Cloudjumper

LYNCH VOTES

Straw (1): Araris

Paranoid King (3): Doc, Dalinar Kholin, Flash

Heamalurgic Headshot (1): Paranoid King

Araris (1): Stick

Jondesu(1): Megasif

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

Wait, what..?

When did that happen? Welp, we lynched a villager D1. It was to be expected, sure, but it's still not good. Sorry, PK, if you're reading this.

So, it's nighttime now. If I'm not wrong, we PM the GM our actions? I'll wait for a bit, because Joe seems to be busy, but I intend to protect myself this night. I don't know how redirect works, but if my Protect is redirected, then oops.

Stick, since you're the protector now, I'll mention something. If you use 2 actions this turn, you shouldn't take one next turn, or else you will die. Also, if you take one action this turn, one action the next, you shouldn't take one the 3rd. Your action cooldown resets every turn spent without taking one.

Anyway, let's see how this goes.