Long Game 37: Forest Thread

17 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

And Jond ...tunneling on Eternum a bit, don't know, could go either way...most posts have been NAI to me

I’m not tunneling on him anymore. :P 

And I know a lot of what I’ve posted has been noncommittal and NAI; it’s not intentional, I just haven’t really been able to pick up on much this game. 

I will say that I agree with Araris about the inactives: if there are kill roles that want to get rid of them, great, but let’s not lynch them unless we truly have no other candidates. I don’t consider most of that discussion indicative of alignment, but it is distracting us from finding real targets.

I’m going to place my vote on Megasif for now. The way you’ve been discussing the Medium vote and the Zeta zone feels like someone trying to maintain the appearance of activity without being suspicious or implicated by what they say. It’s not working very well if so, but that’s the feel I get from your posts.

26 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

And I know a lot of what I’ve posted has been noncommittal and NAI; it’s not intentional, I just haven’t really been able to pick up on much this game. 

I will say that I agree with Araris about the inactives: if there are kill roles that want to get rid of them, great, but let’s not lynch them unless we truly have no other candidates. I don’t consider most of that discussion indicative of alignment, but it is distracting us from finding real targets.

I’m going to place my vote on Megasif for now. The way you’ve been discussing the Medium vote and the Zeta zone feels like someone trying to maintain the appearance of activity without being suspicious or implicated by what they say. It’s not working very well if so, but that’s the feel I get from your posts.

Is that how it comes across? Well I'm going to defend myself here because it feels like a bandwagon attempt. :ph34r:

My post on page 1 was my opening post about surviving Zeta zone. Then an analysis of the results from attacks and kills on the woods players (which was also done by 2-3 others as well) That post included the suspicion on DA.

Then a vote on Eternum for Medium.

The discussion on medium was in answer to Araris.

I don't really see anywhere where I've tried to really discuss the Zeta zone or the Medium.:mellow:

Of course, if that's what you took from it then I can't do anything about that.

1 hour ago, Megasif said:

Is that how it comes across? Well I'm going to defend myself here because it feels like a bandwagon attempt. :ph34r:

My post on page 1 was my opening post about surviving Zeta zone. Then an analysis of the results from attacks and kills on the woods players (which was also done by 2-3 others as well) That post included the suspicion on DA.

Then a vote on Eternum for Medium.

The discussion on medium was in answer to Araris.

I don't really see anywhere where I've tried to really discuss the Zeta zone or the Medium.:mellow:

Of course, if that's what you took from it then I can't do anything about that.

That second one is the one that stood out, but you're right, it's less than I was taking away from it. The tone of that post in particular felt off.  The vote on Eternum seemed a little odd, too, though good enough reasoning, and then being suspicious of DA for also wanting to go for Medium baffled me.  It's simply not logical.

I do realize this was a second vote on you, but I promise it wasn't a bandwagon.  I just went down the list of the players who aren't inactive and went for the one that stood out to me.  I'll consider changing it if I get a good enough reason, but right now I don't have any stronger suspicions.

Also, for the record, I was partly joking when I put myself forward for Medium, though I'd do a good job if I got it, but since I want us to have a good active Medium, and one I don't think is an Elim, I'll put a vote for Eternum. I hadn't remembered that being Ysengrin didn't clear him, but even so, it's more than we've got for most players, so I feel alright considering him soft-cleared for the moment.

Being Ysengrin does not and should not clear me, guys. I have mentioned multiple times that after getting my GM PM I asked out of curiosity if Renard could be Gunnerkrigg. Joe said that both Renard and Ysengrin could theoretically turn out Gunnerkrigg. I did not, and being Ysengrin should not be what clears me. Araris and Jon have both said that being Ysengrin soft-clears me, which has been making me suspicious, because it makes no sense.

EDIT: Oops, sorry Jon. I misread your last post. It's good you realized that. Araris still hasn't though, or they have and they're trying to justify supporting me and stuff.. Which I realized that if they turn out elim will actually implicate me. Crap.

Edited by Eternum

@Darkness Ascendant Okay, I'm a  bit confused at what your doing. So you were suspicious of cloudjumper because he quickly voted on Eternum, who you think could be working together to make Eternum an elim medium. Then, you switch from Cloudjumper to Araris, who is being voted on by Eternum. The main reason you decided to vote on him, was because he didn't pm you. Despite the fact that  you can't pm people during the day. After finding that out, you have no retracted your vote. You have made clear no other reasons why you are voting on Araris. In fact, the person you're voting with (Eternum), was the same person you suspected might be an elim getting elected medium through cloud. Am I the only one who finds that series of events suspicious?

A): That makes link Megasif and DA. It could be an attempt to provide a counterlynch to Megasif. Should DA or Megasif be evil, I'd find it likely the other one is as well.

B): I've already been sort of suspicious of DA. Day 2, with the meeting. You decided to vote on Ecthellion. We all know we want the court thread elim's to win, so unless you claim that you knew the courts thread better than most of the people in the court, there was no reason to do that. Afterwards, you claimed that it was a way to eliminate a human to help the elim's, but that's an incredibly easy way to shrug off an attempt at getting a forest elim.

I know it seems unlikely you would overextend yourself like that, but it's just a little bit too much to ignore. Your combined reasons to vote on Araris are "he didn't pm you back" and "he doesn't want to lynch inactives." I mean, I'm listening, but at least give me a solid reason to lynch him and I might join you guys.

I get Jondesu's and Araris's suspicions of Megasif, but my gut is telling me he's village.

My top lynch candidates.

1. Darkness Ascendent

2. Jondesu

Cloudjumpers on the suspicion list, but he's so close to inactive it's hard to tell.

After thinking about it, lynching Araris is probably not gonna help with much. If they're elim we don't get much info as to the other elims, and if they're village it just makes things harder for us.

Dalinar brings up good points, really. You've just been off, DA. Really indecisive, really impulsive, and some of your decisions make no sense. So for now, I will change my vote. Araris DA

Edited by Eternum

Btw guys, one more vote and Eternum will be made medium! We need an active protector to help stop elim kills! Between Eternum and protecter we will have three protect abilities.@Doc12 @Majestic @polkinghornbd @Lady of Chaos (name thing isn't working ><) @Hemalurgic_Headshot

Edited by Dalinar Kholin

Eternum could be an elim. That is a possibility, but again, we can sort things out if an elim becomes Medium (or I hope we can, at least). However, it doen't really make sense for the elims to be given a second kill role in such a small game, or for said killl role to reveal themselves. Yeah, it gets some trust, but it limits the use of that kill.

As far as PMs go, I don't really like them most of the time. I find that PMs lead to lots of role claiming and elim scheming. While private village communication can be nice, I don't have any need to communicate privately this game, so there isn't too much point in responding to PMs.

Lynching an inactive during a meeting is different. A vote on an inactive player is easy to get behind. I'd bet we could get 8-10 votes on the same person if we tried to do that. That's a lot more powerful than having the scattered votes that we have this cycle, considering that we need a larger pile of votes than the Court to actually lynch somebody. However, we don't get any information from that sort of lynch. The issue of killing inactives has been discussed in many LGs that I've been a part of. Usually the best plan is use a kill role on them, if @name doesn't work to get them involved. But the lynch is too valuable of a tool to waste on inactives unless everyone else has been cleared somehow.

Sure, I could be flying under all your radars. I, a complete and utter noob, could be playing all of you for fools. Ask yourself, how likely is that?

Yeah, exactly. Not very.

Also, sure, limits the use of kill, but I have only used the kill once so far, and I didn't really intend to use it any more than that. The protect is rather useful too.

Alright, your logic on inactives makes sense. I don't think I'll be trying to kill one this night, though.

2 hours ago, Eternum said:

Sure, I could be flying under all your radars. I, a complete and utter noob, could be playing all of you for fools. Ask yourself, how likely is that?

Yeah, exactly. Not very.

Also, sure, limits the use of kill, but I have only used the kill once so far, and I didn't really intend to use it any more than that. The protect is rather useful too.

Alright, your logic on inactives makes sense. I don't think I'll be trying to kill one this night, though.

That isn’t a very convincing defense. *has flashbacks to his first game*  Definitely not convincing. I had almost no trouble as an Elim, and was only ever in danger because of a teammate.

4 hours ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

@Darkness Ascendant Okay, I'm a  bit confused at what your doing. So you were suspicious of cloudjumper because he quickly voted on Eternum, who you think could be working together to make Eternum an elim medium. Then, you switch from Cloudjumper to Araris, who is being voted on by Eternum. The main reason you decided to vote on him, was because he didn't pm you. Despite the fact that  you can't pm people during the day. After finding that out, you have no retracted your vote. You have made clear no other reasons why you are voting on Araris. In fact, the person you're voting with (Eternum), was the same person you suspected might be an elim getting elected medium through cloud. Am I the only one who finds that series of events suspicious?

A): That makes link Megasif and DA. It could be an attempt to provide a counterlynch to Megasif. Should DA or Megasif be evil, I'd find it likely the other one is as well.

B): I've already been sort of suspicious of DA. Day 2, with the meeting. You decided to vote on Ecthellion. We all know we want the court thread elim's to win, so unless you claim that you knew the courts thread better than most of the people in the court, there was no reason to do that. Afterwards, you claimed that it was a way to eliminate a human to help the elim's, but that's an incredibly easy way to shrug off an attempt at getting a forest elim.

I know it seems unlikely you would overextend yourself like that, but it's just a little bit too much to ignore. Your combined reasons to vote on Araris are "he didn't pm you back" and "he doesn't want to lynch inactives." I mean, I'm listening, but at least give me a solid reason to lynch him and I might join you guys.

I get Jondesu's and Araris's suspicions of Megasif, but my gut is telling me he's village.

My top lynch candidates.

1. Darkness Ascendent

2. Jondesu

Cloudjumpers on the suspicion list, but he's so close to inactive it's hard to tell.

I’m confused. You think DA and Megasif are linked (which I don’t really understand), and that DA is Elim, but then you think Megasif is village? You said if DA was Elim so was Sif, but then give very opposite reads (and a vote).

It's not a very good defense, but I don't really need one. I'll tell you I'm village. You can either believe me, or lynch me and get rid of one of the most important roles in the Woods.

I also don't understand the first point of Dalinar's analysis.

*Cue brain making calculations and connections*

Maybe they made a mistake in posting, letting something slip? You know what, I'm beginning to see a Dalinar-Megasif connection.

DA, for now.

44 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

I’m confused. You think DA and Megasif are linked (which I don’t really understand), and that DA is Elim, but then you think Megasif is village? You said if DA was Elim so was Sif, but then give very opposite reads (and a vote).

Basically, I concerned that it's a counter-lynch to sif. To be fair, this could also be a counter-lynch of sif. However, the reason I didn't like the lynch by DA, is that there was almost no logic to support it. In fact, the only reason behind it was dissproved. That's really weird. The question then, is if not the reason they claim, why do they want to lynch Araris. One of the reasons I proposed, was that it was to throw suspicion off of someone else. That person would be Megasif. That's an extension of my logic.That's completely conditional on DA being evil in the first place. Thus, I can't say that suspicion is substantiated without learning DA's alignment. Does that make sense?

To be fair, the contrapositive is also true. But it makes more sense to lynch the person I have evidence for. Precisely because of the tenuous nature of the connection, that you may or may not agree with, it can hardly be used to lynch the other person in order to find out DA's alignment. That's purely less useful.

30 minutes ago, Eternum said:

It's not a very good defense, but I don't really need one. I'll tell you I'm village. You can either believe me, or lynch me and get rid of one of the most important roles in the Woods.

Maybe they made a mistake in posting, letting something slip? You know what, I'm beginning to see a Dalinar-Megasif connection.

DA, for now.

What point con't you understand in my analysis? If you explain what the point is you're refering to, then I can explain. If not, I can't.

Why would I use the argument against DA when that's exactly what I'm doing? It would encourage you to think the exact concern you just had. Then if you try to lynch me I could blame you for trying to lynch me in order to counter-lynch megasif. It's a cyclical argument that doesn't get anywhere. You can't be suspicious against me for using the very argument you're using to establish a connection with the guy I was trying to establish a connection to someone else with if it points suspicion to you in the same manner.

I am very sorry for my lack of activity, or at least, lessened activity. I have been caught up in schoolwork and extracurricular activities that drawn my time. I would like to ask for forgiveness of all of you.

Regarding the medium decision, I have had a village read on Eternum for a while now. For a cycle or so after he role-claimed D1, I was suspicious of him, but I have come to the conclusion that he would not have done that if he were an Elim. DA, on the other had, is not so set in my mind. His posts, though funny, have not given me many village indications, and so I think Eternum is a safer and better pick for medium.

The lynch is another large topic. Vote tally:

Polking: Eternum

Megasif: Araris, Jondesu

Cloud: DA

HH: Megasif

Araris: DA, Eternum

DA: Dalinar, Eternum

As you can see, there is not a single person that Eternum has left his vote on. So far, Megasif has the most votes. If Eternum had left his vote on DA, then there would be a tie. Essentially, Eternum favors Megasif as a lynch candidate more than DA. Now, Megasif has placed a vote on me. I don't see the reason in that. You said I was asking lots of questions, and I was, but that was because there are many elements of the game that are unknown and could have drastic effects on the chances of the villagers winning, such as what happened in the Zeta realm and the Medium's win condition. I'm not sure that warrants such an aggressive response, Megasif. Now, I could place a vote on you, but I feel like your concern with my intent is innocent and what any villager would do. But Jond came right back around and accused you of the same thing you accused me. If were to do that, then I would be an apparent "hypocrite", and that's not something I want on myself, now don't I.

2 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

As you can see, there is not a single person that Eternum has left his vote on. So far, Megasif has the most votes. If Eternum had left his vote on DA, then there would be a tie. Essentially, Eternum favors Megasif as a lynch candidate more than DA. Now, Megasif has placed a vote on me. I don't see the reason in that. You said I was asking lots of questions, and I was, but that was because there are many elements of the game that are unknown and could have drastic effects on the chances of the villagers winning, such as what happened in the Zeta realm and the Medium's win condition. I'm not sure that warrants such an aggressive response, Megasif. Now, I could place a vote on you, but I feel like your concern with my intent is innocent and what any villager would do. But Jond came right back around and accused you of the same thing you accused me. If were to do that, then I would be an apparent "hypocrite", and that's not something I want on myself, now don't I.

That's fair. And I don't think the vote was aggressive as you think. Well, not any more than the ones on me are. HH.

I don't understand the connections between Me/Dalinar and me/DA. Right now, I just feel like just adding my vote to another and bandwagon tbh. But let's look at the list:

Active:

Dalinar Kholin: Making Analysis posts. Seems to be trying to solve the game. Could also be done by an elim. Makes me lean village atm though.

Hemalurgic Headshot: I was suspicious of them D1. Given explanation. Wants to help village. Slight village lean after last post but not fully cleared for me.

Jondesu: Few NAI posts. Voted D1 by Megasif. More NAI posts. Replied to my nudging. Suspicious of me. Votes on me for a reason that didn't actually exist. Leaning slightly elim atm.

Araris Valerian: Votes PK which some thought was suspicious. Votes me in a similar way. We disagreed on some points about the medium in which I could be 100% wrong but it was my opinion. Seems to be tunnelling a different person each turn. Also seems like an elim starting off suspicions on people. Or a village just trying to get elim. I'm 50/50 with this one. Most recent post seems more village.

Eternum: role-claim D1. Soft-cleared village for some. Could be a deep-elim but unlikely.

Megasif: Village trying his best.:P

Darkness Ascendant: was leaning slightly village in the beginning. Then the great medium-gate incident made me think an elim trying to blend in. Why this was more suspicious than others was because Eternum was more of a village read. Jon's was mostly joking. DA fits the 'elim trying to get in on the medium powers'. Araris disagrees about the usefulness of the elim medium but I'm of the opinion it could help them a lot. Some things were clarified by DA. But leaning slight elim atm. 

Inactive:

Polkinghornbd: Not posted. According to Eternum, he's been online and seen thread. He posted 2 lines in Zeta dimension about irl. So busy irl.

Doc: Inactive due to travel. Soft-cleared village. Current Medium.

Majestic: Posted first cycle. Inactive right now. NAI.

Lady of Chaos: NAI

Cloudjumper: Came on for a quick vote on eternum. While I would say it's NAI, could be slightly elimy. Don't Know.

From the actives, I'm sure most are villagers but there's definitely some elims in there. I might just be paranoid but I haven't got a good feeling about Jon. Inactives make it really hard and if there's 1-2 elim inactives then the villagers will be getting lynched.

Right now my suspicions are DA, Jon, and Araris slightly below them. I think this might be the reason me and Dalinar are being linked. His voting DA and Jon as a suspicious makes it look like he's defending me. Which is not the case. Out of the two, I'll vote DA for now since there is already a vote and his suspicion of Araris about the PM and nothing more solid.

See you guys in the night if I'm still alive.

Edited by Megasif

Hey guys, Doc here. I've arrived in the States! Woo! 

I will still be extremely busy for a couple of cycles, so I do agree to hand off my title of Medium to Eternum. It is a grave responsibility I pass on to you, my friend. Perhaps you will find out why I struggled with it. 

The zeta realm wasn't really that interesting. Just a doc where none of us talked much in. I didn't even get a PM that I was attacked, which was interesting. I have not been converted into an elim, although I won't blame you for not taking my word for that. 

I'll be back soon, I hope. I promise I'm not going inactive, just that I can't oromise the same level of activity as earlier in the game :)

Thanks! 

I'll come back later tonight for an analysis and lynch vote. 

Night 3: A happy Medium 

"So, Koru. You're willing to step down as Medium then?"

"Yes Lord Coyote. I have served well, but with the death of my protector, and my own attack, i no longer feel safe serving the peace as a Medium. Noah will be an excellent replacement."

"Haha, He's certainly more entertaining than you."

"I. . . Ok? Should I take offense at that?"

"It would be entertaining if you were!"

"Very well Lord Coyote"

"Hey Noah! Koru says you're going to be a horrible medium and that you're going to get the Forest destroyed!'

"Wait, what?!"

"WHAT?!"

"I didn't say that!

"Hahahahaha! You two play nice and have fun. I have to go exterminate some bugs."

Tautali shivered despite the warmth of the forest. he shivered at the sight of the river far below him. He spasmed at the thought of crossing that terrible bridge, but he had to. Somehow. He knew that HE was still over there. Somewhere. THEY knew exactly where HE was. He just, needed to get over there? He could take the test, or he could become the Medium, or he could, something. . . What?

THEY were frightened. By What? By Whom? By When?

A Solemn voice spoke from behind him. "I have failed you Tautali Laust. I am sorry for this." The voice wracked Laust with fear and yet more spasms. A voice of such brevity and joy and wit, speaking in Sorrow. It was not be experienced by one who was meant to survive.

He turned, to face his former Lord. "Lord Coyote, Great King of the Forest? I, am flattered by your presence. But, what do you mean."

"I do not have a way yet to destroy the spiders without simply destroying you. I was unaware of the going on in that realm, so i could not protect you. Accept my apology, for I must destroy you to protect everyone else."

THEY vuliped in his mind, forcing him to react. Lust turned, took three steps, and jumped off the cliff in order to escape. But Coyote merely stretchered out beneath him, his wide jaws opening up to swallow Tautali whole. He and THEY screamed as one as their world crashed around them.

Megasif was a Whitelegs Host!
Eternum has been voted in as Medium of the Forest!

MEDIUM VOTES
 Eternum(8): eternum, Dalinar, Araris, Megasif, Cloudjumper, Jondesu, Hemalurgic Headshot, Doc12
 Darkness Ascendant(1): DA, 

LYNCH VOTES
 Araris(1): DA
 Megasif(2): Araris, Jondesu
 DA(1): Dalinar Kholin

Edited by A Joe in the Bush

Hm. Well, they didn't really want to help the village win, either. We can treat this as a decent enough lynch, for all purposes, I suppose. Thank you for choosing me as medium, btw. I'll try to do good and stuff. I still have an inclination to help the village win, honestly, but that isn't really my wincon now. It's a lot more complicated.

Anyway..

I'm still thinking about who to pick as my protector.

This post has been reported for attempting to skirt the rules guys

What was that whole Megasif-Darkness are linked crap

That hurts my head. Eternum is now Medium too...

Honestly what the hell was all that about me being sus for wanting to be medium *furrows brows

And I'm just an impulsive person by nature, its how I play *shrugs

Also I kinda planned me wanting to be Medium. It all culminated at the first Meeting.

@Jondesunever said you were :P

The vote on Eternum seemed a little odd, too, though good enough reasoning, and then being suspicious of DA for also wanting to go for Medium baffled me.  It's simply not logical.

ikr?!

I'm honestly confused at what I'm doing too :P 

Araris honestly I've been sus of . Cloudjumper was just a speculation and an option as a lynch, I put my vote on him as an option for others to follow. Then the others said their bits on Araris and i decided to go with my gut read, the PM thing was a joke :P. And Eternum was speculation as well.

I could find reasons for why everyone here is an Elim if you want :P 

@Dalinar Kholin well he isn't :P and I couldn't have known what he was, I wasn't in the Negative Zone and no PMing has happened.

Lol Ecth was my biggest town read. And it was a good enough read to get the results. No I don't know the Court thread very well but I had PMed a peep or two from there.

Meh, I'm quite easy to ignore, most of what I say is fluff. And the doesn't want to lynch inactives was not a reason. 

HRM

"Might join you guys"

"You guys" being villagers, and you being elim :P Kidding :ph34r:

(Seriously the way you worded that,not that part in particular, but the general thing is kinda off to me)

After thinking about it, lynching Araris is probably not gonna help with much. If they're elim we don't get much info as to the other elims, and if they're village it just makes things harder for us.

Dalinar brings up good points, really. You've just been off, DA. Really indecisive, really impulsive, and some of your decisions make no sense. So for now, I will change my vote. Araris DA

EHH WHAT.

"if they're elim we don't get much info as to the other elims"

BRUH....

Are you defending them?!! 

And lynching any village makes it hard...

So you're saying don't lynch Elim or Vill :P if I was an elim, and you lynched me, how would you get info as to the other elims?

And funnily enough we didn't lynch either.

I'm just...here...everything I say is really for you guys, I personally have no interest in this game. It's just another distraction, when I finally get out of this, maybe I'll be a more helpful player idk 

I'm just here to try and enjoy myself *shrugs, and that means impulsiveness. 

But hear me out, my reads do count, and the people I choose to read are careful. I don't just pick a random person and pull something out of my chull and say that's why they're an elim.

As far as PMs go, I don't really like them most of the time. I find that PMs lead to lots of role claiming and elim scheming. While private village communication can be nice, I don't have any need to communicate privately this game, so there isn't too much point in responding to PMs.

Sad @Araris Valerian you're missing out.

Yeah, exactly. Not very.

Mehhhh I really dislike how you keep pointing that out @Eternum

Jond is village in my eyes rn, he's actually thinking omg

DA, for now.

Meh, you're not important mate :P I have no doubt we could do well without you :P Kidding heh

Seriously man you're so high on my sus radar. And I'm seeing Dalinar-Eternum connections smh

I'm glad you find me funny @Hemalurgic_Headshot ^-^ If not a good enough candidate for Medium :( Honestly think I'm far more trustworthy  than him :P 

-----------------------------------

2 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

MEDIUM VOTES
 Eternum(8): eternum, Dalinar, Araris, Megasif, Cloudjumper, Jondesu, Hemalurgic Headshot, Doc12
 Darkness Ascendant(1): DA,

That's really depressing ahahahaha

I genuinely don't trust Dalinar as a Medium...

1 hour ago, Eternum said:

I still have an inclination to help the village win, honestly, but that isn't really my wincon now. It's a lot more complicated.

Mm...care to elaborate?