Long Game 37: Forest Thread

Okay, rundown.

A: I think we're limiting ourselves to possibilities a little to much. Aonar has clearly pointed out that actions within the zeta can have unpredictable results. So to Megasif's list of three I will add the fourth possibility: ??????. Whereby a random effect resulted in him (Doc) gaining one more life, a kill targeting and canceling, or a protect randomly being assigned to him, ecetera. 

B: We don't even know for certain if Doc was the target. For all we know the kill was aimed at someone else and misfired.

C: Let's presume that Arinian was a zeta kill, check. Next we have to ask what the elim kill was, the most likely outcome of that is stick. Relatively accepted good, limited by actions because of the meeting. Doc is a neutral mediator, what reasons would the elim's have to try and kill him? But either way we have to kills being used on our hands. So either Eternum (I think your the only other woods with a kill) used his kill, the zeta attacked doc, someone from the court did, or the secret "cryptids" tried to do it. Of these, I find the zeta the most likely outcome. The court gains nothing, we have no proof of cryptids or any potential kills there. I presume eternum you did not use your kill ability against doc in order to try and become medium? 

D: Stick being empty. Three possibilities I can think of. 1st, he started out empty (and that doesn't really seem how empty works). He was converted into it by some third party. Or he used to many actions as the protector and drained himself of life. Or the medium choosing him as a protector made him empty as a whack-job fourth option, but that really doesn't make sense. 2 or 3 make the most sense, but neither of them is very compelling or verifiable.

Now, we need at the very least a new protector, but probs a new medium, and we have lots of options. No to Jondesu (sorry, with stick dead, that puts you and Araris on my watchlist). Leaning Eternum between the two of you. For now; Eternum.

But as important as the medium is, we do have a more important task at hand, finding the elim's.

Ya'll got any ideas?

I did not use my kill. I protected myself, and that protect was redirected to a Court player not in the Zeta zone.

I know who it is. I will not say.

Not in thread, at least.

Edited by Eternum

Ohhh, wait, I just realized something. Stick died after using 3 actions in a row, not by a kill or something, That's why the extra life did nothing.. But what were their actions? Maybe it was one attack on El, and one on Crimsn? Idk, but if so diplomacy has now gone to crap xP

Edited by Eternum

No, only two actions in a row, because we were in a meeting where he was reduced by one action. But :p, thats a possibility I suggested above.

A protect and extra life? @Aonar Faileas Can you confirm that that would result in stick dying if a meeting was occuring? (a protector of the forest in general I mean)

Edited by Dalinar Kholin

@Eternum As I mentioned in the thread last cycle, lynching an inactive player is something we should do during the next meeting, to force players from the other thread to participate. With your kill role, those players would be good targets, since dead or alive, they aren't generating discussion. Also, once you are Medium you can kill inactives without having to worry about hitting villagers, since you would have a new win-con. However, we need more information from the lynch than killing Polking would give us (although I suppose if he flipped elim you might get suspicious of me).

So, if we don't lynch an inactive/lurker, who does that leave?

1. Reginald Canuk (Dalinar Kholin)
  2. Marv (Hemalurgic Headshot)
  3. Kintas (Jondesu)
  4. Araris Valerian (Araris Valerian)
  5. Noah (Eternum)
  6. Tautali Laust (Megasif)
  7. Centaurus (Darkness Ascendant)

That hurts. 5/12 players aren't participating... If all of the elims are active, then we have basically lost this game already.

As for my vote, I'm going with Megasif. From a village perspective, I don't get why you would find DA suspicious. If an elim gets voted Medium, then Doc could see if they knew the win-con, and we could lynch the elim Medium next cycle. If I was an elim I would be desperately avoiding a Medium vote right now. DA's willingness to go for that role makes him soft-cleared IMO. Also, It's totally pointless to guess what happened in Zeta. Unless somebody is willing to step up and take responsibility for killing somebody, the randomness makes that sort of talk a waste of time.

24 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

As for my vote, I'm going with Megasif. From a village perspective, I don't get why you would find DA suspicious. If an elim gets voted Medium, then Doc could see if they knew the win-con, and we could lynch the elim Medium next cycle. If I was an elim I would be desperately avoiding a Medium vote right now. DA's willingness to go for that role makes him soft-cleared IMO. Also, It's totally pointless to guess what happened in Zeta. Unless somebody is willing to step up and take responsibility for killing somebody, the randomness makes that sort of talk a waste of time.

The main reason is the sudden interest in becoming medium. At first it was Doc and Flash only. Now we have Eternum as well. He's soft-cleared village for a few. This seemed to me like a perfect time for an elim to aim for medium. That way they have an elim protector and can start getting kills. 

But that doesn't work... If DA is an elim, and become Medium, we can use his knowledge of the win-con to discover his alignment. He gets lynched the next cycle, which makes the protector lose their powers. Then we lynch the protector the following cycle (if they sent in a kill). So the elims lose around 1/2 of their team, and get 1 extra kill. That doesn't seem in any way worth it to me. I guess the protector could take the test, but that would just cause them to likely get lynched in the other thread, and thus not be a very useful decision.

Yes but no one knows the win-con. Apart from Doc. Who's inactive and has already been targeted once. He might not even survive till the next turn. Unless he PMs someone the win-con during Night. Or if someone that already knows can step forward. 

Huh you guys really do seem to think I'm elim.

Lol what if Eternum is :P 

7 hours ago, Megasif said:

Well there's Stink but...I don't know. There's still a chance he's an elim.

um, if he was an elim on the other team, it is his best interests to help us, if we villagers win, the other thread closes and the elims there win too.

If he's a vill there, I doubt he'd share anything.

also @cloudjumper's random jump in and vote on Eternum put me off.

Idk if he just doesn't have time and did whatever he thought was best for the time being. He has been inactive and could be an elim (if he is then likely Eternum is too)

But I wanna be medium xD

EDIT: Sorry! He didn't put a vote on him, instead voiced his opinion

Which makes me more suspicious, if I were him, and I didn't have the time to read up on everything and formulate a decent post to make up for my activity, I would apologise for not being active and instead of saying something one sided like that, would open myself (and others) up to other ideas and actually, at least, Justify my actions.

So Cloudjumper

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

No, I'm not elim.

Consider how dead an elim would be if they claimed Ysengrin C1 (which is what I did)

Also consider that I have made all actions I've taken so far public.

I doubt an elim would really do this.

Also, @Araris Valerian you seem to be trying to protect the inactives a lot. It's odd, and not a little suspicious. So, for now, Polking and Araris, until you actually explain why we shouldn't kill the inactives right now. Lynching them in a meeting makes no more and no less sense than lynching them in our own thread.

Just now, Eternum said:

No, I'm not elim.

Consider how dead an elim would be if they claimed Ysengrin C1 (which is what I did)

Also consider that I have made all actions I've taken so far public.

I doubt an elim would really do this.

Also, @Araris Valerian you seem to be trying to protect the inactives a lot. It's odd, and not a little suspicious. So, for now, Polking and Araris, until you actually explain why we shouldn't kill the inactives right now. Lynching them in a meeting makes no more and no less sense than lynching them in our own thread.

or maybe you're a masterful elim :P XD.

Even so, you'd be a target to elims I think.

and I shot Araris a PM, he saw but hasn't responded :( @Araris ValerianI'm sad :(

and Eternum.

Lynching inactives is eh,

its not a very good strategy.

It's like, "Well it ain't gonna be me" (kudos to whoever gets the reference)

Its a last ditch, aimless and really quite pointless move.

Rather than going for the inactives, and ignoring the elims, how about you go back, read and analyse and try and find people who you think are suspicious, PM people, reach out, ask opinions etc.
It's not odd to defend inactives, lynching them is pointless 99/100 times they will be village.

>masterful elim >2 games played including this one

Yeah, I probably am a target, I realize that. The fact that they haven't attacked me yet means that either they're wary of me, which they really shouldn't be because I don't exactly have a plan :P, or that they want to leave me for last, which isn't that good of an idea.

Also, yes, lynching inactives isn't exactly the best strategy, but right now I only have a couple of suspicions, which are all just bad gut reads mostly without much in the way of evidence, mostly because there haven't been many indicators yet.

One of those suspicions is Araris so that's a reason for my vote on them right now, and I will be making some analysis to explain my suspicions later, because I'm busy atm.

Also, I did explain why I wanted to lynch one of the inactives. Killing Flash seemed like an attempt at killing discussion, which would allow the elims to hide among the inactives more easily. I have also seen Polking looking at the thread multiple times, and they haven't posted once yet, which makes me suspicious.

Edited by Eternum

29 minutes ago, Eternum said:

>masterful elim >2 games played including this one

Yeah, I probably am a target, I realize that. The fact that they haven't attacked me yet means that either they're wary of me, which they really shouldn't be because I don't exactly have a plan :P, or that they want to leave me for last, which isn't that good of an idea.

Also, yes, lynching inactives isn't exactly the best strategy, but right now I only have a couple of suspicions, which are all just bad gut reads mostly without much in the way of evidence, mostly because there haven't been many indicators yet.

One of those suspicions is Araris so that's a reason for my vote on them right now, and I will be making some analysis to explain my suspicions later, because I'm busy atm.

Also, I did explain why I wanted to lynch one of the inactives. Killing Flash seemed like an attempt at killing discussion, which would allow the elims to hide among the inactives more easily. I have also seen Polking looking at the thread multiple times, and they haven't posted once yet, which makes me suspicious.

I know :P take everything I say with a grain of salt (a shaker if I'm being honest). 

Also the fact you've been going about knowing your a target etc, might stop elims from wanting to target you hrm. They might see you as a...hrm....I'll be interested in seeing how you act if you do become Medium. And they aren't wary of you , more wary of what killing you would do maybe. Or maybe they see you as an unknowing asset, they may lead a lynch on you for the reasons I've proposed or something.

Which makes me even more sus as noone has really pushed on you.

And like i said, trail back and reread these "bad gut reads" analyse and Iso them, try and find out more.

I don't mind lynching Araris tbh, he still hasn't responded to my PM :( and the reasons you've proposed are a bit miffy and I might change my vote to him depending on your analysis later.

I never said you didn't explain. Flash wasn't inactive anyway, he was just deliberately playing that way so he could be killed. He is a Hollow Faery anyway.

@polkinghornbdif you could speak up please :P 

I'm not exactly clueless, mate. I know how the elims probably see me.

Idk why nobody really thought to be suspicious of me, even after I said that Renard and Ysengrin could also have been Gunnerkrigg (Aka Woods Elim). Araris considering me "soft-cleared" after my roleclaim is also odd, because it just kind of seems like they've been mentioning that a lot, which leads me to think they're trying to "fit in".

I didn't say Flash was inactive..? I said he was one of the more active people, and killing him kind of slowed discussion down.

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Huh you guys really do seem to think I'm elim

Just to make myself clear. I don't really think you are an elim. However, that post about going for the medium seemed elimy to me. So I mentioned it. Just like people have stated their opinions of other players. This doesn't mean I think you are cleared btw.

Araris' vote on PK right off the bat was suspicious in the beginning but like I mentioned previously, I thought it was too aggressive for an elim that early. His vote on me makes me want to look back at his posts some more. It seems all too much like the PK vote. Not a very strong reason but something that can pick up very fast. I don't want to lynch them just yet though. I think it's more to make me talk, maybe.

Anyways, my main suspicion right now is on Hemalurgic Headshot. I've been suspicious of them since D1. HH was asking lots of questions that weren't really furthering discussion but seemed to give him an active and contributive part. And he could be busy in irl. Or could be letting villagers argue amongst themselves. HH.

Dalinar made quite a few analysis posts. Could be done by an elim as well. Makes me lean village atm.

Jondesu hasn't done much besides neutral discussion imo. Now they want to go for medium as well. Thoughts on Jon anyone?

22 minutes ago, Megasif said:

Just to make myself clear. I don't really think you are an elim. However, that post about going for the medium seemed elimy to me. So I mentioned it. Just like people have stated their opinions of other players. This doesn't mean I think you are cleared btw.

Araris' vote on PK right off the bat was suspicious in the beginning but like I mentioned previously, I thought it was too aggressive for an elim that early. His vote on me makes me want to look back at his posts some more. It seems all too much like the PK vote. Not a very strong reason but something that can pick up very fast. I don't want to lynch them just yet though. I think it's more to make me talk, maybe.

Anyways, my main suspicion right now is on Hemalurgic Headshot. I've been suspicious of them since D1. HH was asking lots of questions that weren't really furthering discussion but seemed to give him an active and contributive part. And he could be busy in irl. Or could be letting villagers argue amongst themselves. HH.

Dalinar made quite a few analysis posts. Could be done by an elim as well. Makes me lean village atm.

Jondesu hasn't done much besides neutral discussion imo. Now they want to go for medium as well. Thoughts on Jon anyone?

Eh, tbf its the peeps that don't want to go for medium that should be focused on imo, I doubt the entire elim team is going for medium at once lol. And you haven't been the only one to mention it iirc (me being elimy)

More on Araris hm...he does seem more a likely lynch than Cloudjumper... I don't know...but...

I think this is a stronger person, mainly because he hasn't responded to my PM :( Araris

I dunno 'bout HH, I will definitely analyse him later. Haven't payed much attention to him tbh.

Dalinar I am leaning vill as well, but only on general gut read, will look deeper into him later too

And Jond ...tunneling on Eternum a bit, don't know, could go either way...most posts have been NAI to me