38 minutes ago, Elbereth said:
@Drake Marshall, I might point out that Orlok was never in the Zeta Dimension. That would be Lopen. Who is dead. :P 

As for me, if my win condition were impossible, I would be very happy to claim. I'm happy to say that it is not. 

Also, I'm not totally convinced that eliminators would be immune to conversion. If Drought is telling the truth about his win condition, the obvious break problem (an eliminator outing the other elims to the thread) wouldn't be an issue, since you need to survive long enough to actually survive with the Zeta. 

@Aonar Faileas, does it change to the Medium's normal win condition? 

PAFO. :P 

23 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Hm. Point. I think the reason I don't like this is that.... it feels wrong for the elims to be immune when there's a 20% chance of anyone being converted. I don't think it should happen to the eliminator team, certainly, since betrayal by elims is always tricky (or even mostly elims *looks at past two Shardish games* >>), but if it were an inherent ability of eliminator teams I think that should be specified in the rules, since that's rather different balancewise. 

My personal suggestion would be more like a role which is immune to conversion, because that kind of secret seems perfectly normal to put in a game. I just feel like a conversion mechanic that only affects one side is a little much to not include, if that makes any sense? 

I mean, the rules about this conversion aren't really all that open... And it's possible to balance things in spite of a 1-sided conversion effect.

I know it isn't certain, but it's the most probable explanation I can think of, given what Drought said. And I'm willing to take the risk by operating on that assumption. I don't think there are any "safe options" left.

Given that this game listed a large number of the roles beforehand, I still feel surprisingly in the dark about a lot of these things.

10 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

PAFO. :P 

Oh dear.

Well, even if this isn't just Aonar trolling, I figure that whatever Drought would become is better than a Serial Killer, and it seems an elegant solution to vote him as medium, and thus remove the threat of one of the kill roles in the game.

But, all that aside, there's something I missed, here:

49 minutes ago, Elbereth said:
I might point out that Orlok was never in the Zeta Dimension

Good point. So I figure that makes both you and budgie evil.

I'm still confused at some of what Orlok's been doing, and if the game doesn't end on this cycle, I'll be looking over his posts and all.

But, Elbereth.

I know you don't think eliminators would necessarily be immune to alignment conversion, but this seems to make by far the most sense to me.

If we have an active demi-fire elemental, I'd seriously consider attacking budgie tonight...

Edited by Drake Marshall

Having read through, I'm going to say Elbereth, for a few reasons. Firstly, the theory about eliminator immunity seems sensible to me, and if Lopen couldn't change, and I haven't, then it's reasonable to assume it was El.
Of course, that means that if the bounce was due to them being a Dragonslayer (I mean, they did get attacked but had an extra life), then I'm gonna get it. Although, if Drake has their way, I'll die anyway. 
Hm. Rather strong push to kill me, hey? I understand the reasoning, but I'm still a little suspicious of you I must say. Anyway.

“It did not take long, before everyone, Court and Wood, were at each other’s throats.”

“I think Elbe is an infiltrator. Small was killed with a bloody broadsword. Who else has one of those, besides the Dragonslayer?” Locke paced in the dorms, worried.

“I’m not sure about that, Locke. You’ve been acting strange; just a minute ago you were certain Elbe was innocent.” Clanky gave him a pointed look. “I’m honestly starting to get the feeling you might not be who you said you are.”

“Heh, well, I guess we’ll see, won’t we? Steadman will prove her guilt once and for all, come sunset.”

Gathered in the Meeting Hall, the few remaining students gathered in a loose crowd around Sir Young.

“What is the consensus?”

A battered and unhygienic-looking student spoke. “Well, I wish to be Medium. No one’s really found a good reason to say otherwise.” He scratched his jaw, which was beginning to bleed.

“Err… noted, master Lyren. Are you sure you’re alright?”

“Quite certain, Sir.”

“Well, what else? You wouldn’t have called me here if that was all you wished to discuss.”

“We believe Elbe to be a traitor.” Elbe, who had been in the process of saying Budgie’s name, looked momentarily confused.

“What? Eh, well, whatever floats your boat. Shoot me, mister archer man.”

Steadman seemed taken aback, looking to Young for confirmation. The large man just shrugged.

As Steadman raised the bow and drew back, Locke, standing next to him, kicked him in the shin.

The arrow, thrown wild, found it’s way into Clanky’s chest, a gout of flame consuming his body, as the others looked on in shock.

Clanky has died! They were a Demi Fire Elemental!

Lyren has been named Medium, and appointed Elbe as his Dragonslayer!

...and we've just been hammered. Drought, why you do dis :(

And to kill the vig, no less. You had a scanner, didn't you?

I'm guessing this game is only still running because inactives count towards parity? I can see why that would be, given that the game exists in two threads and all.

Well, I suppose I can say that I was right, but it's game unless Meta and some others miraculously show up.

Well hey. If it's pretty much game... And there's very little that can be done... And nobody ever even tried out that test mechanic... Bye? :rolleyes:

Okay, what I need is if there are any other whitelegs please contact me immediately. You could change the outcome of this game, and make everyone happy. 

If you have another neutral role then we might be able to pull it off as well, but I need to know if there are any other neutral roles out there.

Are they doing better than the forest in the court though? If inactives didn't count for parity, we'd have already lost.

If you think we have any hope in the Court, I'm game to give it a go and fight a nearly impossible fight. But otherwise, I'm running to the hills.

I only have one button left to press (I mean, I'm roleless, so I never really had that much to do anyway), and by Braize I'm gonna push it when it counts.

Wow. That was surprising, to say the least. When I got back after lunch, I was half expecting to find a few people dead, but for the lynch to end up the way it seemed to be heading earlier, not a last-minute lynch.
And we still haven't caught any eliminators.
Right now, taking the test seems a pretty decent idea. At the rate the game's going, it'll mean things last for longer, and the villagers'll have a better chance of winning. Even if we become our former enemy. But the Court in the Forest is doing okay right now. 
Eh, I'll leave it for now.
@DroughtBringer if you wouldn't mind, what were your reasons for keeping El as a Dragonslayer? Especially given there was a possibiliy of their getting lynched?

1 minute ago, A Budgie said:

Wow. That was surprising, to say the least. When I got back after lunch, I was half expecting to find a few people dead, but for the lynch to end up the way it seemed to be heading earlier, not a last-minute lynch.
And we still haven't caught any eliminators.
Right now, taking the test seems a pretty decent idea. At the rate the game's going, it'll mean things last for longer, and the villagers'll have a better chance of winning. Even if we become our former enemy. But the Court in the Forest is doing okay right now. 
Eh, I'll leave it for now.
@DroughtBringer if you wouldn't mind, what were your reasons for keeping El as a Dragonslayer? Especially given there was a possibiliy of their getting lynched?

I have been given many a reason to trust El this game throughout my PMs with her. Plus there was a plan in place to keep her alive, as you can see, we were just hoping that we could also balance the tables by grabbing an Elim at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

I honestly don't even know what's going on any more. 

Why are we doomed again? 

Plus I can't even take the test. I'm stuck. 

Because we haven't caught any eliminators yet, despite being fairly far through the game. Yeah, it's been a little confusing so far.

4 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

Because we haven't caught any eliminators yet, despite being fairly far through the game. Yeah, it's been a little confusing so far.

right. So reminiscent of L35, where we caught 1 whole eliminator. Urgh. 

on the other hand, I got some great pictures of the eclipse yesterday! I love astronomy .

Anyway, it's night time now. What do we do? We've lost our demi-fire elemental (did he even kill anyone?) And I don't think there's another kill role. 

Given Araris recent declaration that DA and Majestic should take the test, indicating that they've won, I'd strongly advise them to stay. We're in a similar position here in the court, and indeed probably a stronger position. @Burnt Spaghetti, It's in your best interests to take the test tonight. I give you my word that staying is more likely to result in a loss for you.

Perhaps. But if drought says he can potentially make it a tie, ill let him make the call for whether or not talking the test is best. 

Id rather tie than have a cheap win.  Taking the test... well. I wouldnt be winning with my team. So... actually.... ive decided i might stay. I dont care for the win. The courts my home, and if you guys win, well, have mercy on this little pacifist. CB wont hurt nobody. Cant even. Im roleless afterall. She can accept a change of leadership. She even has forest friends. What good does taking the test do for her? She has forest friends whod accept her without taking the test so. *shrugs*

at this point,

Im staying.

Unless of course drought says i have to. Ill do what he says.