Well i nominate Orlok for medium. Pondered el but. We dont need more pm madness,  besides i trust orlok more than troll!El. Troll el isnt always nice to me. Specialy when CB is around ;)

Tho if orlok doesnt wanna be medium, im cool with that. And will move it to el. Or maybe rand. Wait no hes dead. Whelp. 

Just dont make me medium. Please. I aint got time for that kinda work.

Edited by Burnt Spaghetti

I have been doing some research on the Zeta, and apparently in the comics, there is something called a Whitelegs. 

The Whitelegs existed within the Zeta realm, and one time latched onto someone who visited. The person that the Whitelegs latched onto was slowly driven insane, becoming more and more obsessed with the Zeta. They host would eventually gain powers from the Whitelegs as well, like super strength and flight.

I think that the above information and the "In the wake of the Zeta's death, all was quiet, at first..." that we have a Whitelegs somewhere. Now that the Zeta is dead they may just need to kill everyone to win. In the comics, there was only ever one Whiteleg that escaped from the Zeta realm, but there easily could be more than one.

Any thoughts about my Whitelegs Theory?

Wait that was Rand who died?! He was my strongest village read! It's hard to tell who dies when you just have the character name. 

Also @DroughtBringer I believe the forest already killed a white legs host. 

The white legs host must be someone who went to the realm of the zeta, who there weren't actually that many from the court. I think elbereth, budgie, and orlok? 

What do you guys have to say for yourselves? Did any of you become hosts? What is your win condition? How do you have a kill? Are you a demi-fire elemental? Was it Elbereth, who had a kill until stink died? 

You know it's weird how I think people are village based on their suspicion of me. But that is exactly why I trusted Rand (I've done the same thing in previous games). Orlok has also been expressing suspicion of me, and right now he and Drake are probably my strongest village reads (drake is because of how rand explained his posts to me. They felt more village after that). 

Right. For convenience, an up to date player list:

1. Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)
  2. Elbe (Elbereth)
  3. Budgie (A Budgie)
  4. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf) - Barrier Mage
  5. Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti)
  6. Clanky (Clanky)
  7. Anwir (Drake Marshal)
  8. Anansi (Metacognition)
  9. John (Winter Devotion) - Student
  10. Small Large (Stink) - Medium
  11. Lyren (Droughtbringer)
  12. Shqueeves (Shqueeves)
  13. Pickle (asterion)
  14. Lopen (TheMightyLopen) - Zeta
  15. Tarek (Randuir) - Student
  16. BrightnessRadiant - Student
  17. Ecthelion - Student
  18. Bart Allen (Flash)

Leaving the following players in the game:

2. Elbe (Elbereth)
  3. Budgie (A Budgie)
  4. Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti)
  5. Clanky (Clanky)
  6. Anwir (Drake Marshal)
  7. Anansi (Metacognition)
  8. Lyren (Droughtbringer)
  9. Shqueeves (Shqueeves)
  10. Pickle (asterion)
  11. Bart Allen (Flash)

Of these, Meta is completely inactive, and Asterion is still catching up.

Drought and Shqueeves have both posted relatively little, and I don't really have reads on them.

Budgie posted analysis on Day Three, but I'm still uncertain with her, and leaning evil, based on very little other than their read on Burnt, who I'm reading as good, and their mostly RP in posts. 

I'm reading Flash as pretty evil, and set out my reasons in the last day cycle.

Drake's actions in the game read as evil to me, but I'm reading his more recent posts as village, and would be reluctant to lynch him in the near term, unless I'm wrong with my actua suspicions, and the game is still going.

I'm suspicious of Clanky for his calling for Lopen's death so early, but need to read back through his main post advocating Lopen's lynch before coming to a decision on it, and am far too jet lagged to do so now.

I'd support a lynch on El or Budgie, today, for reasons I'll set forward below:

This cycle, we had three kills, rather than the normal one. This being the cycle after the Zeta dimension, I suspect Zeta had something to do with it. Lopen and Stink are dead, leaving El and Budgie as people who could potentially have gained abilities. El has been quieter than I'd normally expect, through the game. Part of this is because we were travelling at the start of the game, but she's been at home for the last couple of cycles, and her activity isn't where I'm used to it being. This would tie into the name of the cycle - "betrayal", and Stink's death, but that could just be my paranoia. 

Budgie has also been to the Zeta dimension, and has been active but quiet about opinions throughout the game, which is something I normally associate with eliminators. 

Apologies for the short post - I'm shattered, had a 30+ hour day yesterday, and am now in a materially different time zone.

I think I'm going to vote on Elbereth, and put myself forward for medium, on the basis that I'm active, and know that I'm village with far greater certainty than I have for anyone else. If people don't support my candidacy, I'd suggest making Drake or Burnt the Medium. Orlok.

3 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

This cycle, we had three kills, rather than the normal one. This being the cycle after the Zeta dimension, I suspect Zeta had something to do with it. Lopen and Stink are dead, leaving El and Budgie as people who could potentially have gained abilities. El has been quieter than I'd normally expect, through the game. Part of this is because we were travelling at the start of the game, but she's been at home for the last couple of cycles, and her activity isn't where I'm used to it being. This would tie into the name of the cycle - "betrayal", and Stink's death, but that could just be my paranoia. 

Budgie has also been to the Zeta dimension, and has been active but quiet about opinions throughout the game, which is something I normally associate with eliminators. 

Apologies for the short post - I'm shattered, had a 30+ hour day yesterday, and am now in a materially different time zone.

I think I'm going to vote on Elbereth, and put myself forward for medium, on the basis that I'm active, and know that I'm village with far greater certainty than I have for anyone else. If people don't support my candidacy, I'd suggest making Drake or Burnt the Medium. Orlok.

Gah. I don't like lynching new players, but in this case it seems necessary. >> I know Budgie is a wiser choice, since I'm not evil, nor has my alignment changed due to Zeta. While I wasn't affected by the Zeta dimension beyond being hit with a kill, it seems likely that someone was, and Budgie is the only candidate in this thread left. 

I'll write up a fuller defence of why Budgie is better to lynch than I am, later, but am currently packing for college and don't want to spend too much time on that right now. 

4 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

2. Elbe (Elbereth)
  3. Budgie (A Budgie)
  6. Clanky (Clanky)
  7. Anwir (Drake Marshal)
  13. Pickle (asterion)
  17. Ecthelion - Student
  18. Bart Allen (Flash)

2. Elbe (Elbereth)
  3. Budgie (A Budgie)
  5. Clanky (Clanky)
  6. Anwir (Drake Marshal)
  9. Shqueeves (Shqueeves)
  10. Pickle (asterion)
  11. Bart Allen (Flash)

Drought and Shqueeves have both posted relatively little, and I don't really have reads on them.

Budgie posted analysis on Day Three, but I'm still uncertain with her, and leaning evil, based on very little other than their read on Burnt, who I'm reading as good, and their mostly RP in posts. 

Drake's actions in the game read as evil to me, but I'm reading his more recent posts as village, and would be reluctant to lynch him in the near term, unless I'm wrong with my actua suspicions, and the game is still going.

I'm suspicious of Clanky for his calling for Lopen's death so early, but need to read back through his main post advocating Lopen's lynch before coming to a decision on it, and am far too jet lagged to do so now.

So I'm going to put a vote on Orlok.  Does nobody else find it odd how he is suspicious of me for pursuing Lopen when he was highly involved in a Lopen lynch on a day I didn't even post once? There was actually a surprising amount of discussion surrounding me that day and I never did get a vote. There was however in the post orlok initially voted for lopen Orlok saying that if Lopen turns out to be good than I am likely evil. I would like to know why Lopens alignment would affect your opinion of my alignment. If you look back at almost any game the vast majority of games, especially near the beginning most votes and suspicions cast are of the villager on villager variety and if you recall the push I made on Lopen was only on Day 2. 

Also in your post I linked above you said that you were "wary of Burnt", however now you are putting burnt forth as a secondary option to you as a medium. May I ask what has changed with respect to Burnt? Also Elb wasn't on your list of suspicious people last day. So did something change to put her above the other players you mentioned last day as well as in this post?

So if it wasn't obvious before I don't support Orloks case for medium. I don't think it's fair to put myself forwards as a secondary option since I was gone for half the game so far and really have no idea what is going on in the forest thread. So I'll be happy to put my vote on someone else who makes a good case.

PS. Take your time recovering from your long day Orlok, I understand what you are going through and don't expect any sort of timely response until you've recovered. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Flash said:

I'm going into canada, and officially going inactive for the next day. So Orlok  .

Canada isn't that isolated we do have internet here. ;) 

Okay, all cards on the table, I am the Whitelegs. Okay sure lynch me. But my win condition was to kill everyone except for Lopen, so I can't win anymore. I was going to just aim for a tie amongst everyone by killing everyone but I came up with another idea. 

Elect me as Medium. You will have an unbiased person playing as the medium, which would be guaranteed because I no longer have a way to win. So if I get elected you will be able to guarantee that I am not going to be an Eliminator or anything. I would like to still be able to find a win condition for myself, while not just killing everyone, so this is my last hope for that. I honestly would just still like a chance to win the game :P

I am a resource that you guys can use. I am someone that has nothing else to do (Except kill everyone, and even that is currently out of the question thanks to this post) so please consider me, for your vote for medium.   Drought

6 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

YOU'RE A SK NOW?????????? 

Kinda, at this point, I can't win though. Cause Lopen is dead. So killing everyone would just make me tie the game.

Also if you vote for me, you'll be my friend

Edited by DroughtBringer
added friend

Woah, this is...surprising, to say the least.
@DroughtBringer I didn't think you went to the Zeta realm? It seems strange that you would roleclaim if you weren't our Whitelegs, however- there's a fair chance you won't become Medium, and this has put you in a vulnerable position. We could easily just lynch you. However, the only reason you would claim to be the Whitelegs if you weren't was to protect an eliminator from being lynched.
Now, with only me and El being the suspects as Whitelegs, it'd be pretty obvious if we lynched you and you turned out to be a eliminator just who you were protecting. Of course, there'd still be a 50% chance you'd get the wrong person, unless we were both elims, but that couldn't be worth much.
In other words, I think you might be genuine. Electing you as Medium...while I'm not entirely sure about it, I'd rather you as Medium than as a serial killer. Your alignment should change to be neutral anyway. Drought.

Now, as for the accusations against me.
My alignment has not changed due to Zeta. Yes, I realise this isn't the greatest defence, but there isn't much more that I can say beyond that I'm almost dissapointed. My role is pretty dull, and that would've been interesting.
Yes, I realise that I haven't posted many suspicions, but at the moment I'm having trouble keeping up with everything (on the weekend I had two performances). It doesn't help that I'm comparing my suspicions to walls of text and thoughts, and it's my first game. I'll try to post more suspicions when I get more time, so you can get a read on me etc.

1 minute ago, A Budgie said:

I didn't think you went to the Zeta realm?

I didn't. But apparently there was a really weird role interaction, and it ended up making me a Whitelegs...it was kinda weird. I don't have permission to speak about it so I won't, though. (I'm not even entirely certain what happened to be honest)

But now I'm here as a Whitelegs.

20 minutes ago, DroughtBringer said:

I didn't. But apparently there was a really weird role interaction, and it ended up making me a Whitelegs...it was kinda weird. I don't have permission to speak about it so I won't, though. (I'm not even entirely certain what happened to be honest)

But now I'm here as a Whitelegs.

So did you attempt to perform an action against someone in the Zeta dimension then?

11 hours ago, Clanky said:

So I'm going to put a vote on Orlok.  Does nobody else find it odd how he is suspicious of me for pursuing Lopen when he was highly involved in a Lopen lynch on a day I didn't even post once? There was actually a surprising amount of discussion surrounding me that day and I never did get a vote. There was however in the post orlok initially voted for lopen Orlok saying that if Lopen turns out to be good than I am likely evil. I would like to know why Lopens alignment would affect your opinion of my alignment. If you look back at almost any game the vast majority of games, especially near the beginning most votes and suspicions cast are of the villager on villager variety and if you recall the push I made on Lopen was only on Day 2. 

Also in your post I linked above you said that you were "wary of Burnt", however now you are putting burnt forth as a secondary option to you as a medium. May I ask what has changed with respect to Burnt? Also Elb wasn't on your list of suspicious people last day. So did something change to put her above the other players you mentioned last day as well as in this post?

So if it wasn't obvious before I don't support Orloks case for medium. I don't think it's fair to put myself forwards as a secondary option since I was gone for half the game so far and really have no idea what is going on in the forest thread. So I'll be happy to put my vote on someone else who makes a good case.

PS. Take your time recovering from your long day Orlok, I understand what you are going through and don't expect any sort of timely response until you've recovered. :rolleyes:

Yeah but I'm American and can't use it without being charged lol. 

I love how I think I'll be inactive but I find internet for just a few minutes enough to check up on things. 

Well I finally caught up on the webcomic. Don't know how so many people managed to get it done prior to the game even started. It ain't short.

Drought, I'll support you for medium but it would be good to know who you would be planning to choose as a protector.

Also to everyone who hasn't voted please vote and if someone has voted for you please respond. We have less than 12 hours left in this day and so far noone has more than one vote on them or has responded to being voted on. If we want any sort of usefull lynch we need to start discussing it asap

20 hours ago, Clanky said:

Apologies for the delay. Not only do I have jet lag, I've also returned to my parents moving house.

So, the first thing to address seems to be my "sudden" suspicion of El. I freely admit that I wasn't suspicious of her before this last night cycle. However, PM interactions with her, in which she's been fairly defensive, and the sudden emergence of additional kills after the zeta dimension, from which she Is one of the two living returned players, increased my suspicion of her last night. 

With Burnt, I looked back through my interactions with her, and her behaviour in previous games where she was evil (she kindly sent me a link to her most recent evil doc), and decided that it was both atypical for her being evil, and far too audacious for it to be a likely scenario as evil. 

With regards to Lopen's alignment being tied to yours, I was partially convinced by Randuir's argument to this effect (I forget the exact cycle, otherwise I'd quote it), and am of the belief that whilst village-village suspicions are indeed likely, for a player of Lopen's use to the village, pushing an early lynch on him at a point where I think there was relatively little to suspect him for is indicative of said player being more likely to be evil. (Yes, that's a run on sentence, but I'm too tired to address my grammar).

Well hello folks. I'm back.

Lets catch up, then.

Brace yourselves. Wall of text incoming.

On 8/19/2017 at 11:44 PM, Aonar Faileas said:

Michelle has died! She was a Student!

Small Large has died! He was Making Everything Boring, and a Medium!

Tarek has died! He was a Student!

Three deaths... And one of them our medium.

One of these is the eliminator kill, I presume.

However, it looks like the number of kills-per-cycle has dramatically increased after zeta activated. I remember last-last-cycle in the forest thread, two people died revealing the alignments "whitelegs host" and "empty," so I'm guessing we have new kill roles on our hands.

Also, Elbereth, why weren't you protecting STINK?

On 8/20/2017 at 0:23 AM, Eternum said:

Woah. Woa-ho-hold on a second. This isn't OK.

Well, at least it was a good idea for us to lynch Sif, I suppose.

This doeesn't seem to be going well, for both Wood and Court.

It is worth noting that it appears that the villages on both sides are losing.

I guess that means Court and Forest are about tied?

On 8/20/2017 at 4:06 AM, A Budgie said:

Definitely not. It sounds like at least one of those deaths (the first for sure) was from the Zeta changed alignment.
Tarek sounds like an elim/something a little more normal, given that it was only a stabbing.
Not so sure about the Medium kill however. There weren't enough people from the court sent to the Nightmare Zone for that many changed people, I'd've thought. So probably again an elim kill.

Are you asserting that there were two eliminator kills? How would that work?

On 8/20/2017 at 5:25 AM, Flash said:

Well then that's that's lot of people  dead. Yikes. and why in the world would the elims kill stink? Wasn't he neutral? do we need to elect a new medium now? 

Also im not running for medium, for the reason below. 

I'm going to be inactive for this day cycle. I'm going to Cedar Point with my family, and there will not be much opportunity to hop on.

Why do you automatically assume that STINK was an eliminator kill? Do you know something the rest of us don't...?

I don't support lynching Flash at the moment, but when the village has more breathing room, I will note that I find this detail alignment indicative.

On 8/20/2017 at 11:02 AM, DroughtBringer said:

I have been doing some research on the Zeta, and apparently in the comics, there is something called a Whitelegs. 

The Whitelegs existed within the Zeta realm, and one time latched onto someone who visited. The person that the Whitelegs latched onto was slowly driven insane, becoming more and more obsessed with the Zeta. They host would eventually gain powers from the Whitelegs as well, like super strength and flight.

I think that the above information and the "In the wake of the Zeta's death, all was quiet, at first..." that we have a Whitelegs somewhere. Now that the Zeta is dead they may just need to kill everyone to win. In the comics, there was only ever one Whiteleg that escaped from the Zeta realm, but there easily could be more than one.

Any thoughts about my Whitelegs Theory?

Yup, sounds about right.

On 8/20/2017 at 0:42 PM, Orlok Tsubodai said:

2. Elbe (Elbereth)
  3. Budgie (A Budgie)
  6. Clanky (Clanky)
  7. Anwir (Drake Marshal)
  13. Pickle (asterion)
  17. Ecthelion - Student
  18. Bart Allen (Flash)

2. Elbe (Elbereth)
  3. Budgie (A Budgie)
  5. Clanky (Clanky)
  6. Anwir (Drake Marshal)
  9. Shqueeves (Shqueeves)
  10. Pickle (asterion)
  11. Bart Allen (Flash)

Are you sure going after a zeta alignment should be prioritized over going after eliminators? We're dangerously close to being outnumbered by elims at this point.

Also. The mediumship.

First of all, I'm not going to be running for it. It's probably too late for that anyway. If anybody particularly wants they can vote on me I guess, but I'm not planning on making an effort to gain the position.

Second of all though. Why are you suddenly interested in it? I mean, I understand that you supported STINK earlier in the game. But you also actually suspected other people who ran for the position. If running for the position is to be considered suspect, why have you suddenly decided to pursue it? Particularly with no prior interest in the position?

On 8/20/2017 at 3:49 PM, Elbereth said:

Gah. I don't like lynching new players, but in this case it seems necessary. >> I know Budgie is a wiser choice, since I'm not evil, nor has my alignment changed due to Zeta. While I wasn't affected by the Zeta dimension beyond being hit with a kill, it seems likely that someone was, and Budgie is the only candidate in this thread left. 

I'll write up a fuller defence of why Budgie is better to lynch than I am, later, but am currently packing for college and don't want to spend too much time on that right now. 

Interesting...

21 hours ago, Clanky said:

Interesting.

You do have some points here, but I withhold my judgement.

21 hours ago, DroughtBringer said:

Okay, all cards on the table, I am the Whitelegs. Okay sure lynch me. But my win condition was to kill everyone except for Lopen, so I can't win anymore. I was going to just aim for a tie amongst everyone by killing everyone but I came up with another idea. 

Elect me as Medium. You will have an unbiased person playing as the medium, which would be guaranteed because I no longer have a way to win. So if I get elected you will be able to guarantee that I am not going to be an Eliminator or anything. I would like to still be able to find a win condition for myself, while not just killing everyone, so this is my last hope for that. I honestly would just still like a chance to win the game :P

I am a resource that you guys can use. I am someone that has nothing else to do (Except kill everyone, and even that is currently out of the question thanks to this post) so please consider me, for your vote for medium.   Drought

Hm. So you are the whitelegs / SK. That explains why you made such an insightful post about them earlier :P

As crazy as it sounds (maybe I approve of craziness) I could get behind that.

But first, it would be nice if our GMs could confirm that you don't retain your old win condition if you gain mediumship. @Aonar Faileas

Because the eliminators retain their old win con, so why not SKs as well?

For now, I will provisionally vote on Drought for medium, but I would very much like to hear confirmation on my question. It seems like something pretty important that we should all check before we go through with this.

20 hours ago, A Budgie said:

Woah, this is...surprising, to say the least.
@DroughtBringer I didn't think you went to the Zeta realm? It seems strange that you would roleclaim if you weren't our Whitelegs, however- there's a fair chance you won't become Medium, and this has put you in a vulnerable position. We could easily just lynch you. However, the only reason you would claim to be the Whitelegs if you weren't was to protect an eliminator from being lynched.
Now, with only me and El being the suspects as Whitelegs, it'd be pretty obvious if we lynched you and you turned out to be a eliminator just who you were protecting. Of course, there'd still be a 50% chance you'd get the wrong person, unless we were both elims, but that couldn't be worth much.
In other words, I think you might be genuine. Electing you as Medium...while I'm not entirely sure about it, I'd rather you as Medium than as a serial killer. Your alignment should change to be neutral anyway. Drought.

Now, as for the accusations against me.
My alignment has not changed due to Zeta. Yes, I realise this isn't the greatest defence, but there isn't much more that I can say beyond that I'm almost dissapointed. My role is pretty dull, and that would've been interesting.
Yes, I realise that I haven't posted many suspicions, but at the moment I'm having trouble keeping up with everything (on the weekend I had two performances). It doesn't help that I'm comparing my suspicions to walls of text and thoughts, and it's my first game. I'll try to post more suspicions when I get more time, so you can get a read on me etc.

I'm actually reading pretty village from this post, where before I'd have been quite willing to lynch budgie.

19 hours ago, DroughtBringer said:

I did not. Essentially the 10% chance hit someone in the realm, but they were immune to it so it bounced to me.

That means somebody who got sucked in there was probably an eliminator.

Eliminators being immune to alignment-changes is kind of a thing. If there's a game with a conversion faction and an elimination faction, it is pretty common for the elimination faction to be immune.

The only other role that could possibly gain immunity to alignment-changing is the medium, but I find that unlikely because the medium is intrinsically of a variable alignment.

1 hour ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Apologies for the delay. Not only do I have jet lag, I've also returned to my parents moving house.

So, the first thing to address seems to be my "sudden" suspicion of El. I freely admit that I wasn't suspicious of her before this last night cycle. However, PM interactions with her, in which she's been fairly defensive, and the sudden emergence of additional kills after the zeta dimension, from which she Is one of the two living returned players, increased my suspicion of her last night. 

With Burnt, I looked back through my interactions with her, and her behaviour in previous games where she was evil (she kindly sent me a link to her most recent evil doc), and decided that it was both atypical for her being evil, and far too audacious for it to be a likely scenario as evil. 

With regards to Lopen's alignment being tied to yours, I was partially convinced by Randuir's argument to this effect (I forget the exact cycle, otherwise I'd quote it), and am of the belief that whilst village-village suspicions are indeed likely, for a player of Lopen's use to the village, pushing an early lynch on him at a point where I think there was relatively little to suspect him for is indicative of said player being more likely to be evil. (Yes, that's a run on sentence, but I'm too tired to address my grammar).

Hm. I will reference this a little further down in my wall of text, I think.

Now, game analysis.

lot is happening, all of a sudden.

Things are moving very quickly, and I sense that the game is going to be over a lot sooner than we expect it.

And we need to act.

Lets take a look at what's been happening.

Three kills last night. One the eliminator kill. The other two, presumably the result of zeta-induced serial killers (either whitelegs or something similar).

Budgie, Orlok, and Elbereth are the last surviving people who went into the shadow dimension.

Drought's testimony tells me that one of them was an eliminator.

Chances are, I doubt a second deflection-type event occured.

Orlok makes a compelling case for Elbereth being converted to a Serial Killer. Quite possibly an accurate one.

But his big push to get the Serial Killer lynched is also an attempt to avoid himself being lynched, by catching the Serial Killer. It is rather annoying to be suspected for the wrong reasons, I suppose.

I get this feeling that he is trying to distract us with the whitelegs hosts. And while Serial Killers are a very valid threat, we need to take out eliminators. Especially since the whitelegs hosts are no longer capable of winning this game.

I posit that budgie was untouched by the shadow dimension. Orlok and Elbereth both attempted conversion. In addition (probably a result of a totally independent dice roll), Elbereth was attacked. But, as protector, survived.

The conversion attempted on Orlok failed, and was deflected to Drought. If Drought is telling the truth about his conversion, anyway. But if that's a lie, it's a storming brilliant one.

In the wake of this string of extrapolations, I think it would be fitting to analyze the rest of the players:

1. Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)- Eliminator, if my conjecture holds.
  2. Elbe (Elbereth)- Whitelegs host or similar alignment. @Elbereth, seeing as whitelegs hosts may no longer win, would you be willing to take a similar route as Drought did?
  3. Budgie (A Budgie)- Probably village, in my opinion. Caveat: If either Lopen or Elbereth are currently villager, by process of elimination this means budgie must be evil.
  4. Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti)- I'm sorry I didn't PM you earlier to get a firmer read. I'm still worryingly neutral on your read. But I do notice that, if I analyze Orlok's few posts about you, it looks a lot like it could be distancing.
  5. Clanky (Clanky)- Has been semi-active... Went after Lopen, who was a villager, but then, I did too. If Orlok is indeed evil though, I think we can assume that this clears Clanky, or very nearly does, anyway.
  6. Anwir (Drake Marshal)- Not applicable. Form your own reads about me, thanks.
  7. Anansi (Metacognition)- Total inactive, and has told us in advance that he has IRL things. I'm sorry to see Meta gone :( For game purposes, though, we should basically consider him as dead.
  8. Lyren (Droughtbringer)- Whitelegs host. Previously a villager, if my conjecture that eliminators are conversion-proof holds.
  9. Shqueeves (Shqueeves)- Pretty much inactive. Similar situation to Meta, although Shqueeves is active enough that conceivably they could put in a kill order, if they ended up being the last member of the eliminator team.
  10. Pickle (asterion)- Another inactive (correct me if I am wrong about that, I haven't been able to search up all of asterion's posts).
  11. Bart Allen (Flash)- Probably an eliminator, honestly. I would probably support lynching Flash next day cycle, to keep the village from losing.

So. If the original number of eliminators was 3 (if it was 4, we've already lost, I figure), we are now possibly at 4 due to Flash's arrival.

After my analysis, I conclude that one of them is Orlok.

If I had to guess right now, I would guess that the remaining members of the team are Burnt, 1 of the inactives, and quite probably Flash.

@Flash @asterion137 @Shqueeves @DroughtBringer @Metacognition @Clanky @Burnt Spaghetti @A Budgie @Elbereth @Orlok    (Um... why do mentions keep breaking :blink: is there some kind of limit to the number of mentions you can make in a single post)

We need to mobilize and vote. Assuming that when we vote Drought as medium, he won't kill us anymore, we are still at risk of 2 kills tonight, dropping us to 9 players.

If you assume 3-4 eliminators and consider that we may also have inactive villagers, we are probably currently at lynch-or-lose.

I advise you choose very carefully.

And now, I'm off to go take a look at MR24. Peace out y'alls.

@Drake Marshall, I might point out that Orlok was never in the Zeta Dimension. That would be Lopen. Who is dead. :P 

As for me, if my win condition were impossible, I would be very happy to claim. I'm happy to say that it is not. 

Also, I'm not totally convinced that eliminators would be immune to conversion. If Drought is telling the truth about his win condition, the obvious break problem (an eliminator outing the other elims to the thread) wouldn't be an issue, since you need to survive long enough to actually survive with the Zeta. 

@Aonar Faileas, does it change to the Medium's normal win condition? 

26 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

Whitelegs wincon does indeed change upon becoming a Medium. 

Excellent. In that case I'm definitely voting to make Drought medium.

It means we get rid of a Serial Killer, and Drought gains a new chance to win the game. It's win-win.

22 minutes ago, Elbereth said:
@Drake Marshall, I might point out that Orlok was never in the Zeta Dimension. That would be Lopen. Who is dead. :P 

As for me, if my win condition were impossible, I would be very happy to claim. I'm happy to say that it is not. 

Also, I'm not totally convinced that eliminators would be immune to conversion. If Drought is telling the truth about his win condition, the obvious break problem (an eliminator outing the other elims to the thread) wouldn't be an issue, since you need to survive long enough to actually survive with the Zeta. 

@Aonar Faileas, does it change to the Medium's normal win condition? 

What about if they kill all their former team mates, then? No need to out any of them in-thread. You could even go on to claim responsibility for the deaths as a demi-fire elemental...

And would the newly converted eliminator be removed from their old doc? That creates some interesting issues.

It's possible that eliminators can be converted. I'm sure Aonar could make that work. But I find it much more likely that eliminators are simply immune to conversion.

Do you have an alternate explanation for somebody being immune to conversion? The only other thing I can think of is the medium, only I'd say there's less reason to make the medium immune than there is to make an eliminator immune.

It has occured to me that you possess a zeta-induced alignment that is not whitelegs. Like that "empty" thing on the forest thread.

That said, if you aren't converted, that has some very interesting implications. I wish we had some breathing room to guess inccorectly, but I suspect that we don't.

Edited by Drake Marshall

1 minute ago, Drake Marshall said:

What about if they kill all their former team mates, then? No need to out any of them in-thread. You could even go on to claim responsibility for the deaths as a demi-fire elemental...

And would the newly converted eliminator be removed from their old doc? That creates some interesting issues.

It's possible that eliminators can be converted. I'm sure Aonar could make that work. But I find it much more likely that eliminators are simply immune to conversion.

Do you have an alternate explanation for somebody being immune to conversion? The only other thing I can think of is the medium, only I'd say there's less reason to make the medium immune than there is to make an eliminator immune.

Hm. Point. I think the reason I don't like this is that.... it feels wrong for the elims to be immune when there's a 20% chance of anyone being converted. I don't think it should happen to the eliminator team, certainly, since betrayal by elims is always tricky (or even mostly elims *looks at past two Shardish games* >>), but if it were an inherent ability of eliminator teams I think that should be specified in the rules, since that's rather different balancewise. 

My personal suggestion would be more like a role which is immune to conversion, because that kind of secret seems perfectly normal to put in a game. I just feel like a conversion mechanic that only affects one side is a little much to not include, if that makes any sense?