307 posts in this topic

“Part of our story begins in the Court, as it welcomes the very first group of students...”

 


“Hello, everyone.” An aged but powerfully built man stood at a podium, looking down at the strange assortment of humans and creatures that stood in the hall. “I am Sir Young, Dragonslayer, and one of the Founders of this place. I summoned you here because I wished to welcome you before classes begin.

“Although Coyote has rent the Gillitie from our Court, and regular passage between the two is currently difficult, if not impossible, it is our hope that this institution will continue to serve as a place where humans and etheric beings can live in harmony and learn from each other.

“Moreover--”

“Is that so?”

A voice spoke from the back of the crowd, scarcely loud enough for everyone to hear. To the left of Sir Young, a bored-looking man with close-cropped blonde hair suddenly stood at attention, reaching for something concealed beneath his cloak..

“Then what are you doing with the trees?”

“They are being cleared to make room for additional lodgings and residential areas. Your lodgings, I might add.”

“Is that all? This place that the Seed has created is enormous, and continues to grow despite Coyote’s intervention. It may well be larger than Gillitie Forest already. Surely we can find space for ourselves, somewhere in the expanse?”

“...Coyote’s intervention?” There was a faint creak as the blonde man strung a longbow.

The crowd shuffled away from the speaker, revealing a tall Anwyn. “Blast, I’m not supposed to know about that, am I? The way the Forest’s magic has begun to rebel against the Seed? Eh, it’s no matter, I suppose. I am not the only one Coyote sent to bring light to your misdeeds.”

“What is the point of this? Why are you trying to reignite the conflict between our people? Is that not what Coyote created to gorge to stop?”

“It didn’t stop you, did it?” The elf pointed towards the archer, accusing.

Young glanced to his left and nodded, almost imperceptibly. “Steadman.”

The Anwyn seemed enraged by the lack of response. “We know--”

Between one heartbeat and the next, an arrow was drawn, nocked and loosed, as the Archer proved his name.

 


Rik (Yitzi2), has died! He was an Anwyn!

Day One has started. You have 48 hours to decide who you want to lynch and who you wish to represent you as Medium. Good luck.

(Quick reminder, PMs cannot be sent during the day, unless you’re the Telepath.)


bla_1502596800.png

 

Player List:

  1. Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)
  2. Elbe (Elbereth)
  3. Budgie (A Budgie)
  4. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf)
  5. Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti)
  6. Clanky (Clanky)
  7. Anwir (Drake Marshal)
  8. Anansi (Metacognition)
  9. John (Winter Devotion)
  10. Small Large (Stink)
  11. Lyren (Droughtbringer)
  12. Shqueeves (Shqueeves)
  13. Pickle (asterion)
  14. Lopen (TheMightyLopen)
  15. Tarek (Randuir)
  16. BrightnessRadiant
  17. Ecthelion


Quick Links:

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming I'm in Court because I'm not in the Woods player list?

 

Edit: Full player list:

Spoiler
  1. Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)

  2. Marv (Hemalurgic Headshot)

  3. Straw (Straw)

  4. Elbe (Elbereth)

  5. Budgie (A Budgie)

  6. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf)

  7. Araris Valerian (Araris Valerian)

  8. Tautali Laust (Megasif)

  9. Centaurus (Darkness Ascendant)

  10. Stick (Stick)

  11. Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti)

  12. Koru (Doc12)

  13. Bart Allen (Flash)

  14. Clanky (Clanky)

  15. The Inspector (Paranoid King)

  16. Reginald Canuk (Dalinar Kholin)

  17. Sean (Polkinghornbd)

  18. Anwir (Drake Marshal)

  19. Anansi (Metacognition)

  20. Fess (Arinian)

  21. John (Winter Devotion)

  22. Jordren (Majestic)

  23. Small Large (Stink)

  24. Lyren (Droughtbringer)

  25. Shqueeves (Shqueeves)

  26. Pickle (asterion137)

  27. Rendren (cloudjumper)

  28. Kintas (Jondesu)

  29. Lopen (TheMightyLopen)

  30. Noah (Eternum)

  31. Tarek (Randuir)

  32. BrightnessRadiant

  33. Ecthelion

  34. Lady of Chaos

 

Edited by Ecthelion III
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad Aonar. =P

Yes Ecthelion, you are Court. Everyone else, wait until you receive a Pm from Aonar or myself to post please! If you receive one from me, you are in the woods, if you receive one from Aonar, you are in the Court. If you receive one from Alvron, be very Afraid.

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry. :( Should be fixed now, assuming I remebered who all is in my thread. :P PMs coming ASAP.

PMs are finally out. Sorry for the wait.

Edited by Aonar Faileas
6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PM obtained! I nominate BrightnessRadiant for Chancellor Medium.

Edited by Ecthelion III
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay I got my PM.

I'm not really sure where to go from here, but lets start with some analysis of the games two-thread aspect.

There are, I think, two salient points here:

 

1. If I am correct about this, the whole game ends if a faction wins in either of the two threads.

2. Players who take the test have a 60% chance of remaining either village or eliminator. Assuming that a game starts out with under 40% eliminators, that means that people taking the test will on average result in slightly more eliminators on the other side then there were before.

 

So... Obviously this gets a little bit complicated...

But I reckon that means that, if the eliminators are losing in the forest side of things, some of us could attempt to balance things out by taking the test. We'd have a 40% chance of becoming eliminators on their side of things.

This obviously has potential to backfire though, because it would be hard to fault them for not lynching somebody who has a 40% chance of being an eliminator (assuming that they were a villager to begin with, anyway). 40% is better odds than most lynches get, early in the game at least.

 

I'd be interested in seeing what the forest thread thinks of this.

I know that we aren't allowed to directly post in each other's threads (while there isn't a meeting, anyways), but it is allowed for them to read this thread, and respond to me in their own thread, right?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Responding directly and essentially holding a conversation just split between the threads is... frowned upon. Otherwise, essentially correct. If they feel the need to comment on the proceedings of this thread they can do so. If you wish to comment further on their observations you may, but doing it too much is going to be toeing the line.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... Understood. So, what you are saying is, we can respond to the general going-ons of other thread, but should try to refrain from responding to individual posts?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone.

STINK

It should be obvious why I'll be a great medium, right? Nevermind the name (but please remember that I do wanna be Small Large Medium) but I'd say that I'm a pretty neutral neutral when it comes to being neutral.

I won't take sides, and I'll do Medium stuff and talk to everyone!

#VoteSTINK

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my goodness, I just now got your name Stink. xD

I will place my vote for medium on STINK, as I am willing to give him a chance. I will be trying to do a lot of analysis and rp this game (mainly rp, because yes), but I need to read at least some of Gunnerkrigg Court before I would feel comfortable posting rp. I'll give analysis as I have time to come up with some, haha. I just wanted to post my first little thing to place my medium vote and let it be known that I am alive. :P 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

Oh my goodness, I just now got your name Stink. xD

I will place my vote for medium on STINK, as I am willing to give him a chance. I will be trying to do a lot of analysis and rp this game (mainly rp, because yes), but I need to read at least some of Gunnerkrigg Court before I would feel comfortable posting rp. I'll give analysis as I have time to come up with some, haha. I just wanted to post my first little thing to place my medium vote and let it be known that I am alive. :P 

Everything about this post is good.

Also

@Elbereth

@Orlok Tsubodai

I shouldn't even have to worry about you guys voting for me, right?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anwir watched as an arrow embedded itself into the creature. Apparently it was an elf.

He was finding himself more and more jaded to that sort of thing. The court was just a weird place, plain and simple.

Still. This was even less normal than, well... Then it normally was.

Apparently there were elves sneaking into the Court. Sounded like a fae-tale. He just hoped these fae turned out to be the Disneyland variant, and not the "fair folk" variant.

But who was he kidding.

 

(any similarities between the name "Anwir" and "Anywn" are purely coincidental :P)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STINK said:

Everything about this post is good.

Also

@Elbereth

@Orlok Tsubodai

I shouldn't even have to worry about you guys voting for me, right?

Absolutely not. STINK.

Getting on an early flight today, and then seeing Wilson in Utah with El this weekend. I expect my activity will be diminished somewhat until Monday.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"'I am not the only one Coyote sent to bring light to your misdeeds,'" whispered Budgie, repeating the Anywn's words. 
People of the forest, hiding in the Court? That was worrying. She cracked a smile. Or, at least, it would be if they weren't as stupid as that dude was. Elves really were so figgin' stuck up, weren't they?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, let's get this party started. I'm not going to do as large a breakdown of the roles as I usually do in the beginning, as I haven't had the usual couple of days to think about the various roles and stuff. I've got some quick observations about synergy though:

  • Making Everything Boring: this one synergy with the Zeta and the Teleporter. If you know who the Zeta is, it might be a good idea to use your power to prevent his power from manifesting itself (though I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't find it interesting to see this nightmare world). You can work with the Teleporter to redirect actions to more specific targets. All in all, I recommend you try to find who have these roles (but don't ask in the thread, as I don't think either of these should role-claim).
  • Etheric Scientist: You will probably want to get into contact with the alignment scanner.

Now regarding the medium role, might it be a good idea to think about what we'd like our medium to accomplish in the other thread before picking someone? I have no doubt that STINK could create some interesting chaos in the wood thread, but if we want to accomplish something specific, another player might be a better choice. I do realize the medium defaults to neutral so that we shouldn't expect him/her to just dance to the village's tune, but the choice of player will likely have some impact anyway. As I said, I expect STINK to cause some chaos, while Brightness might encourage more of a dialogue (maybe).

Also, do we have/want to choose a medium this cycle? I know we can revoke a medium's power, but I'd rather not pick an elim by accident (as that elim can then appoint an elim dragonslayer, which would be... problematic). Actually, @Aonar Faileas, will there be a distinction between the kills in the write-up, and will the guardian appointment be made public?

 

Medium votes:

STINK(3): STINK, crimsn, Orlok

Brightness(1): Ecthelion

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, I'm totes good synergy when I have Medium. Don't make me role claim to prove it because I am getting that medium.

Also why would I cause chaos? I'm not Joe.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I seem to remember one or two instances of you trying to cause at the very least a moderate amount of Chaos. Anyway, why should I vote for you as medium*? What is your agenda? Will you make the court great again?

*Not looking for a roleclaim here, just curious if you can give another reason than the one you've already given. If you can't, that's fine.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, randuir said:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I seem to remember one or two instances of you trying to cause at the very least a moderate amount of Chaos. Anyway, why should I vote for you as medium*? What is your agenda? Will you make the court great again?

*Not looking for a roleclaim here, just curious if you can give another reason than the one you've already given. If you can't, that's fine.

Can you know that anyone else that wants medium wanted it before the game started and before they even looked at their alignment?

My agenda is for everyone to have fun, so if that's through passing love notes between all the players I can PM or helping you scheme, I'll do whatever.

I don't need to make the Court great again, just look at who we got right now! We're already the greatest.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, STINK said:

Can you know that anyone else that wants medium wanted it before the game started and before they even looked at their alignment?

My agenda is for everyone to have fun, so if that's through passing love notes between all the players I can PM or helping you scheme, I'll do whatever.

I don't need to make the Court great again, just look at who we got right now! We're already the greatest.

Allright. I missed most of the pre-game discussion as I only got home yesterday evening. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Burnt Spaghetti

I see you viewing this thread, mind saying a certain five letter name in a certain colour that's already been used in this thread? :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

There are, I think, two salient points here:

 

1. If I am correct about this, the whole game ends if a faction wins in either of the two threads.

2. Players who take the test have a 60% chance of remaining either village or eliminator. Assuming that a game starts out with under 40% eliminators, that means that people taking the test will on average result in slightly more eliminators on the other side then there were before.

 

So... Obviously this gets a little bit complicated...

But I reckon that means that, if the eliminators are losing in the forest side of things, some of us could attempt to balance things out by taking the test. We'd have a 40% chance of becoming eliminators on their side of things.

This obviously has potential to backfire though, because it would be hard to fault them for not lynching somebody who has a 40% chance of being an eliminator (assuming that they were a villager to begin with, anyway). 40% is better odds than most lynches get, early in the game at least.

Even if the forest decides to lynch everyone that takes the test the turn they hop over, it could still make a difference to help out a beleaguered elim team, as it buys them an extra cycle. However, it does cost this thread a villager to do so, which could put a village victory at this end at risk. I think this should be discussed more in a cycle or 3-4, when this can become a topic, as all we can do right now is speculate. I'd also like to suggest to the elim team in the forest that if you're getting lynched off and would like to have support, we can read the forest thread and act on such a request.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CB sat on the floor, legs crossed. Well huh. A dead Anwyn. Well how bout that. And people calling for a medium.  Hmph. Voting. Her least favorite of things to do. Why couldnt they like, make that one higher ups job rather than getting all of everyone involved. Hmph. She stretched and then yelled "Hey all of youse! Dontcha dare make me medium 'kay? Like ever please! Kay thanks!" She smiled. That should be one less worry. Being medium sounded like work. She aint got time for that sorta thing. She paused, "Oh! And i don' care who should be medium yet! Whoever would be a good one probs! Mebe I'll care bout exactly who later or something. K bai!" Unfortunately for her, the crowd was not to let her sit and be left alone. One of the candidates for medium decided to ask her for her vote. Bah. Shouting drew attention. Better avoid that in the future. "Aw cmon. Hmph. Well. Ya think youll be a good medium ey? Good for you!  Yer confidence and stuff prob means youll be a good one yea? Youre... talky and talk to people. Thats basically the mediums job description....right?" She shrugged "sure, whatever. Ill vote for ya.  Small Large for Medium!  unless of course someone decides they have a better reason to Medium or something." Again, CB shrugged and lapsed into silence.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ehh, why not. This is going to be fun. And less boring with only one candidate.

I'm putting myself forward as a candidate for medium-ship. Drake.

The most interesting part of this game is easily the dual-thread configuration, and if I have anything to say about it I want to be in the thick of it. :ph34r:

 

I'm certainly not the most skilled player here... But then, that isn't really the job description, is it?

The medium's job seems to be twofold. One, being able to negotiate, and two, having a target on their back.

I am obviously well inclined to both of these, especially the second one :P

Job Experience: I will cite my activities in MR23 as the spokesman for the Parshendi. If not the spokesman, certainly the most vocal one.

 

Also, if I happen to have the fortune of becoming medium, I would like to say that I wholeheartedly support Doc12's candidacy on the other side.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Ehh, why not. This is going to be fun. And less boring with only one candidate.

I'm putting myself forward as a candidate for medium-ship. Drake.

The most interesting part of this game is easily the dual-thread configuration, and if I have anything to say about it I want to be in the thick of it. :ph34r:

 

I'm certainly not the most skilled player here... But then, that isn't really the job description, is it?

The medium's job seems to be twofold. One, being able to negotiate, and two, having a target on their back.

I am obviously well inclined to both of these, especially the second one :P

Job Experience: I will cite my activities in MR23 as the spokesman for the Parshendi. If not the spokesman, certainly the most vocal one.

 

Also, if I happen to have the fortune of becoming medium, I would like to say that I wholeheartedly support Doc12's candidacy on the other side.

But you lack the trendiness of #VoteStink

Ergo

#VoteStink

Also.Doc was gonna vote for me #FeelsBadMan

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.