5 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

As usual, the QF shows it’s tendency to gather tons of posts before I even see the thread. 

Who first asked someone to post their alignment, or posted it without being asked? I couldn’t quite tell the timeline, but that’s pointless for the village and can be helpful to the Elims, so it makes me suspicious. I’ve asked people in PMs before, but only jokingly and never telling them to post it in the thread.

My vote will depend on what I can find out about that. Also, I haven’t even opened my role PM so I couldn’t asked the question even if I wanted. :P

Emphasis mine

how is useful for the elims? The elims already know everyone's alignments.

@Jondesu Arraenae was the first person to ask role/alignment, and that is kind of suspicious. If anyone else has any other ideas/thoughts, share them. It's only helpful.

Edited by Eternum
Fixed the tag.

3 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Emphasis mine

They get to assert their villagness? 

Edited by Sami
storm it, that's not the right word

They know alignment, Stick, not role, and knowing roles is useful.

The person I mentioned also asked for role, if I'm not remembering wrong.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was mistaken. Nae might just be village.

Edited by Eternum

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Yeah, Rae only asked for alignments, and if that makes people talk and post, there's nothing wrong with it.

This statement looks wrong, because the discussion it makes isn't a good discussion. 

First premise:

All discussions are not good discussions.

No one should disagree with that, right? If I talk about the qualities of potatoes while you all talk about the game, my discussion is clearly less useful.

Now we look at what discussion has spawned from Rae's question. Was it that maybe the people answering Village maybe aren't village? Of course not, everyone's gonna answer that way no matter what. 

Instead, the discussion leads to whether Rae is good or not, and if someone asks her that then the cycle goes on forever. Discussion from this question is pretty bad for the village, yes, but I do see some use in it.

As a villager, asking this question leads to no worries because you're village and what can go wrong. However, if you're an elim then you will worry about people discussing your alignment back at you, and probably won't ask the question.

So my second premise that I'll likely hold on to for the rest of the game is:

Rae is town.

And I'm likely gonna suspect those who all just said Rae is sus for asking. LogicSTINK out.

8 hours ago, Paranoid King said:

Hem. Well, hrmm. Most unexpected. Guess we're going home early, guys!

No? Well then.

I'm pretty sure it was Flash, as he was quick enough to do the deed without anyone seeing. We shall avenge. Person. Brightness lady person. I don't know her name. And someone pick up that shardblade before it gets muddy or something!

Johnny Quick is not that fast.<_<

Also how could I have done it? It's day one. 

For that matter, how did Haelbarde die anyway? Did he even sign up? Is this like QF14? 

Also why do you enjoy poking me right off the bat? Last time you did that was in LG35... where you turned out to be an elim *gasp*

Edited by Flash

18 minutes ago, STINK said:

This statement looks wrong, because the discussion it makes isn't a good discussion. 

First premise:

No one should disagree with that, right? If I talk about the qualities of potatoes while you all talk about the game, my discussion is clearly less useful.

Now we look at what discussion has spawned from Rae's question. Was it that maybe the people answering Village maybe aren't village? Of course not, everyone's gonna answer that way no matter what. 

Instead, the discussion leads to whether Rae is good or not, and if someone asks her that then the cycle goes on forever. Discussion from this question is pretty bad for the village, yes, but I do see some use in it.

As a villager, asking this question leads to no worries because you're village and what can go wrong. However, if you're an elim then you will worry about people discussing your alignment back at you, and probably won't ask the question.

Rae is town.

And I'm likely gonna suspect those who all just said Rae is sus for asking. LogicSTINK out.

I didn't say that it's useful for the villlage, just that it's not necessarily bad. :P I also said in a previous post of mine, that I consider all of Rae's posts till now completely NAI. So yeah.

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

Emphasis mine

Mostly because it causes confusion and chaos, which Elims can thrive on.  They can hide more easily when everyone's asserting their alignment and role.  Plus, as noted, they usually really want to find out people's roles.

I agree that it sounds like Rae probably meant it as harmless fun, but Sif strikes me as suspicious by adding to it.

53 minutes ago, Flash said:

For that matter, how did Haelbarde die anyway? Did he even sign up? Is this like QF14? 

Also why do you enjoy poking me right off the bat? Last time you did that was in LG35... where you turned out to be an elim *gasp*

Maybe just a tad bit defensive there.

55 minutes ago, STINK said:

First premise:

Rae is town.

Yeah which was why I didn't bother arguing...sorry, discussing.

also, I sort of expect rae to make straightforward questions like that lol

So I decided to write some RP... so I will describe my character.

Alrin: 24 - 27 years old, wiry, tall, short blonde hair, dark green eyes,  long scar that goes from his neck to left cheek. Dressed in: long black cloak, loose trousers, high leather boots. Always carries many hidden daggers(because there can no be too many daggers) and long aluminium sword(truly it's just steel sword but upper layer of metal is aluminium).

RP:

Alrin stayed and looked on the crowd around him, he knew no one of them, also he was not sure where he is and how he’d get here. Last thing that he remembered it’s that he was drinking in some dirty pub in Luthadel, yeah that’s why his head aching.

And now two dead people lay in the centre of this mess. In the Lord Ruler’s name he surely should find out what is going here and who is responsible for these murders. No one can commit murders without permission of Lord Ruler or Inquistition, no one can hide from justice.

Moment later everything started to turn into the mess. Some people started to scream, someone claimed that now he is in charge here and commanded to make pushups… some people even listened to him, someone  was talking about  orders of Radiant Knights(never heard more mad thing then that). Alrin snorted, mad people they are. It seems he will have to deal with it alone.

He turned and stroll to the dead bodies.  A group of people have already gathered around them. Alrin looked at the dead woman and raised eyebrow, her eyes was burned… he seen many deaths in his life, but to kill someone and burn eyes in so short period of time it was something very unusual.  So he just shrugged and turned to the other body, there everything was simpler, just an arrow in the chest. He looked in the direction from where the archer most likely shooted. There was couple of possible positions for archer. He recalled some people who were staying in that direction and were possible killers. Right now he has seen one of them in crowd.

So he approached to this one, boy looked nervous and scared, but as Alrin knew even most innocent looking creatures in this world can be most dangerous ( _Stick_ (I still don't know how to mention people :P):

- What is your name boy? Do you have bow? – Boy stunned, silently looked at Alrin in answer. So Alrin just shouted next question putting his hand on the sword's hilt and stepping forward.

- It’s you who killed them aren’t you?

Pressure on the nerves usually worked.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Right now I will vote for Stick, basicaly it's gut read, plus her behavior looks for me as one that usual for her when she is elim.(I will admit that it's hard to guess Stick's alignment and I'm usually wrong about her... but this time I feel sure about that more then usually, anyway I don't think that others have better suspects).

Also Echt's slip with "Squire"  looks suspicious for reasons that were already stated.

Don't have anything else to say.

Edited by Arinian

8 hours ago, Sami said:

Aleta saw Spiff  narrowly avoid falling on his face and smirked. She was beginning to like the Brightness Aaliyah.

Narrowly avoid falling on his face? Spiff did no such thing! He took his fall like a man with the reaction time of a sloth. Which was on purpose. He needs to let his men know they could beat him in a fair fight. It gives them confidence.

3 hours ago, Flash said:

I would guess Hael is in the spectator doc, so they killed him because every GM wants a chance to kill Hael.

You just have a shifty look in your eye. Like you did in that one game where you were also evil. See, I can do that too.

Also, if I voted on the exact same people in every game I'm an eliminator, I'm make a really terrible elim.

2 hours ago, winter devotion said:

I'm Truthless. Please lynch me. Winter

1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

Dude, that was supposed to cause discussion not end it. Jeesh. Winter

I'm a vanilla villager and I was trying to start a conversation.

Uh huh. Sure.

That's what you would say if you were a truthless and your little brother knew and logged on and outed you and then you tried to cover up for his mistake.

But let's consider the chance I'm lying and that I actually am Truthless. This is a suspicious for a Truthless because people will tend not to vote for someone they think will get them killed. Therefor, I could be an eliminator and using reverse pyschology to get people to not vote for me. However that in turn is obvious and could lead me to being rolescanned.

The fact I am a Truthless would be revealed, unless, of course, the role scan volunteer was an Eliminator as well or just lying. Anyone who reveals their status as a role scanner is also at risk for being eliminator killed. An eliminator would not want to kill someone they suspect of being Truthless because that means villagers won't have a chance for being mass killed by a wrong lynch. The Truthless in this case being hypothetically me.

How do we know the Truthless isn't also an eliminator? We don't. Ergo, both me being an eliminator and Truthless could be true. But would an eliminator voluntarily bring suspicion upon themself this early in the game? 

Now for something entirely different. What if there is a secret survival role? I highly doubt there is, but let's assume I am this survival role for the sake of this discussion. Faking a Truthless reveal and then taking it back would value me, as villagers would be cautious to lynch me in case I wasn't lying the first time, and for the same reason as before, Eliminators would hesitate. If they have a role scan, they could use it on me and kill someone else this turn. 

But if I am a survival role, which they would find out by role scanning me, they have nothing to lose by PMing me and making me a de facto eliminator. I wouldn't want to tell the thread who they were because they would kill me the next cycle as revenge, and there's usually a few left surviving villagers when the eliminators win. 

The way to confirm I'm not any of these things (Eliminator, Survival, or Truthless) is by A. Rolescanning me B. Lynching me or C. Trusting me when I say I'm a vanilla villager. A means a role scanner reveals themself or risks having multiple people waste their turns on scanning me. Or a role scanner PMs me telling me what they are. However if I am an Eliminator, I would just use that to kill them. They could tell someone else what they're doing and use that as insurance in case I am an Eliminator and kill them, but they could accidentally PM an actual eliminator. They could scan me and then tell the thread what they did the next day, but that risks multiple people scanning the same person.

B. I clearly don't want to be lynched and the chance of me being a Truthless makes it rather risky. Go ahead and lynch me, but anyone who votes on me is risking it. Is the 1/4 chance I'm an Eliminator worth it? If I was a secret survival role, would I be encouraging this? 

C. Trusting me is stupid. This is Sanderson Elimination. 

I'd say lynching me as of now is a risky choice at best, but having laid out most of what I can figure about my own position-- feel free to add your own two cents-- you can chose.

Edit: @Paranoid King What would be the merit of concealing the fact I'm Truthless after admitting it? I don't have a little brother (Outside of injokes with a certain group of friends), and unfortunately my one older sibling is not interested in Brandon Sanderson. 

Edited by winter devotion

1 minute ago, Jondesu said:

All too true. I see your gambit and admire it, though. I'll keep a close eye on you.

Thanks. I'm a bit older than I was when I was here before, so checking those games for my style is quite futile. But if anyone's curious, I was an Eliminator in LG12 and you can look at that to see how I act when I'm evil.

Well stuff seems to have happened, hasn't it.

Also waitwhat? Kasana died by a shardblade? Well I missed that part then. I thought she'd gotten killed by some kind of assassin spren or poison or something. I knew her eyes turned smoky, but I figured if something had severed her bond to her shardplate, like a voidspren or the black orb thingy, it would do that. So it was an actual shardblade?

Maybe Daerin (First dead guy's name, whatever it was,) isn't actually dead, and when she tried to help him he stabbed her from a position nobody could see? Can we do an autopsy or check on Daerin's body?

Minorly suspicious of Winter, STINK, and Ecthelion. No voting for now though.

5 minutes ago, Elithanathile said:

Well stuff seems to have happened, hasn't it.

Also waitwhat? Kasana died by a shardblade? Well I missed that part then. I thought she'd gotten killed by some kind of assassin spren or poison or something. I knew her eyes turned smoky, but I figured if something had severed her bond to her shardplate, like a voidspren or the black orb thingy, it would do that. So it was an actual shardblade?

Maybe Daerin (First dead guy's name, whatever it was,) isn't actually dead, and when she tried to help him he stabbed her from a position nobody could see? Can we do an autopsy or check on Daerin's body?

Minorly suspicious of Winter, STINK, and Ecthelion. No voting for now though.

Suspicious of me being what? I've proposed three non villager alignments I could have.

Eh, if you did I didn't notice. And just saying which alignment you could or couldn't or aren't or are isn't enough to clear you. As you said, don't trust anybody in this game. You seem to be drawing attention by the whole truthless/alignment thing. You could still be villager, but it seems like distracting attention away from your actual role and possible alignment to me. So yeah, you're probably village, unless you're not.

So I'll be suspicious for a while, sorry bout that. (sorrynotsorry)

Oh yeah, not saying my alignment or role either. Sorry guys, but you have no reason to trust me if I do say it since it's literally just my word and means nil in this game. So going to keep that to myself where I'm less likely to get badgered about it or told to use it or killed for having it. If I do share, it will be in PMs with people I trust. Which is currently none of you.

Edit: Oh yeah, it was mentioned to me that Elithanathile is a bit of a mouthful, (Keyboardful? Fingerful?) so it can be abbreviated to Elith or Elth if you guys want to. Hope that helps or something.

Edited by Elithanathile
Adding name abbreviation

So far, good feeling about Megasif, and Sami a bit. Winter is reading more village to me I think, but it's kinda hard to tell. Rae is in the same boat. She's a hard one to read early, but my guess would be village.

If Ecthelion is an elim, I'd say Drake would most likely be village, since he was the first to point out the Squire thing. I'm not sure if that's enough for a lynch on Ecth though. Ecth also mentioned that someone asked him for his alignment in PM as well, so I'm not sure I'd really count that against him.

About Bard's role advice. I'm not sure I ever understood the point of asking vote manipulation roles to all use their abilities day 1 so we could figure out how many there are, so I'm not sure I agree with that. Other than that, nothing to really comment on. These roles are pretty simple, so even newer players probably can figure out some useful way to use them. One thing I did agree with Bard about was Eternum's suspicion against Flash. I thought it was a little odd, but similar to Bard, I wouldn't want to vote/lynch him on his first Day of his first game.

Also kind of a bad gut read on Stick and Jondesu.

I think I'm leaning village on DA.

I thought Flash was pretty defensive as well, which makes me feel he's worth watching.

Sorry if that's all a bit scattered. I kind of just read over the whole thread again(not necessarily from beginning to end) and commented while I went. Here's a better organized list I guess - Village reads: Megasif, Sami, Winter, Rae, Drake(ish), Bard, DA. Elim reads: Eternum, Stick, Jondesu, Flash.