5 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

"Nah," John said. They were chill, and not suspicious at all. Except in that they were suspicious of this guy, but that doesn't count one bit. 

I will say your RP threw me off a bit there lol. 

Johnny raised an eyebrow. John was giving Johnny seriously weird vibes. Not evil vibes. Just weird. Johnny decided to make a tactful retreat. 

"I'm feeling a bit hungry. Will the Brightness be feeding us?"

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

I will say your RP threw me off a bit there lol. 

Johnny raised an eyebrow. John was giving Johnny seriously weird vibes. Not evil vibes. Just weird. Johnny decided to make a tactful retreat. 

"I'm feeling a bit hungry. Will the Brightness be feeding us?"

"Oh! Yeah, food," John acknowledged that and headed over the squadron leader. "Got any food? Real hungry over there. And here." John pointed at Johnny.

The lack of symmetry, even near symmetry, in Johnny's name was really bothering John.

(and thus it was revealed that vorinism was only so obsessed with symmetry because someone with OCD started it)

54 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

(and thus it was revealed that vorinism was only so obsessed with symmetry because someone with OCD started it)

I don't think Tanavast was particularly OCD... But he was so cosmically terrible at seeing into the future, that the religion derived from him made predicting the future taboo.

26 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

I don't think Tanavast was particularly OCD... But he was so cosmically terrible at seeing into the future, that the religion derived from him made predicting the future taboo.

That probably only happened because he happened to suck at it omg lol.

4 hours ago, winter devotion said:

John, for some strange reason, felt the urge to punch Malnar. 

So they did, in a normal, human way. 

Someone punched Malnar in the nose. He flinched and instinctively brought his hands to his face to block any more blows. Then he dropped into a fighting stance.

"Vev's eyes, what the storms was that for?" Malnar said. He furiously blinked tears out of his eyes and looked around, but he didn't see anyone that seemed especially likely to have done it. There was Aleta, the other girl who had reported to Brightness Kenara, John, the oddly feminine man who seemed obsessed with normality, and Dan, which looked like a soulcasted stick that surely somebody must be puppeting somehow. Malnar looked around warily. "If you have something against me then come out and storming say it, instead of attacking me like a coward."

1 minute ago, Arraenae said:

Someone punched Malnar in the nose. He flinched and instinctively brought his hands to his face to block any more blows. Then he dropped into a fighting stance.

"Vev's eyes, what the storms was that for?" Malnar said. He furiously blinked tears out of his eyes and looked around, but he didn't see anyone that seemed especially likely to have done it. There was Aleta, the other girl who had reported to Brightness Kenara, John, the oddly feminine man who seemed obsessed with normality, and Dan, which looked like a soulcasted stick that surely somebody must be puppeting somehow. Malnar looked around warily. "If you have something against me then come out and storming say it, instead of attacking me like a coward."

"I've got a seventh sense for when people are mentally misgendering me, so," John punched him again. 

(I'm gonna chill on the "normal" obsession because I like their character the way it is without that)

46 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

"I've got a seventh sense for when people are mentally misgendering me, so," John punched him again. 

Malnar brought his hands up to block the blow. "What in the Almighty's name are you talking about?" he asked. He kicked at John's legs and then stepped back.

(Sorry about that, Malnar really has no exposure to the idea that gender is anything more than male/female. But here's John's chance to explain.)

QF25: Hour 1 - Breaking
6 a.m.

Kenara frowns. It seems her tactic of letting them get to know each other by introducing themselves has gone slightly further than she intended. Members of the squadron are yelling and even fighting in multiple cases. It seems the soldiers she’s been given are… not quite the quality she’s accustomed to. There are a fair few with whom she will need to have a word in private. 

“Silence,” she finally says. Her voice echoes through the arena. “This is a squadron, not a gathering of gossipers. Talk later. Pay attention now.”

“And who are you, Brightness?” Damond asks with a smirk. 

She raises an eyebrow. “I am your commander, and a full Radiant. That should be enough of an introduction.”

The recruits are, finally, somewhat quiet. “Very well. The first lesson you must learn, for those of you who do not know, is how to gather Stormlight. Everyone take a sphere, please.” She holds out a bag of them, all charged in the last Highstorm. “And if a single one goes missing, we’re doing nothing but basic physical training for the next week.”

As the squadron formed a clump around Kenara, each person picking out their sphere carefully, there is a thump

Draen gasps, an arrow sticking out of his chest. He falls to his knees first, and then slumps all the way to the ground, paying no heed to the shock of everyone around him. 

Kenara drops her bag of spheres, ridding her hands of the encumbrance, and summons her Shardblade. She looks up at where the arrow had come from. Draen’s already gone, and he hasn’t been able to use Stormlight before - without even a bonded spren to help, she doubts he could breathe it in before he dies completely. His killer, though… 

The arena surrounding them is empty, including the tops of it. Kenara frowns and kneels beside Draen for a moment, to look at the arrow with which he’s been killed so effectively. 

Slowly, she topples onto him. A spren, unnoticed in the chaos, trickles away from her body.

When the first squire is finally sensible and brave enough to look, they see that her eyes are burned and black. 

“So… what now?” says a small voice. 

Lorna smiles grimly at Draen’s body. The chaos she’s caused is amusing, and perhaps will prove enough to recover the body soon, before the head begins to deteriorate. In the meantime, she is content to watch the idiots squabble about what to do with their dead leader. 

Draen (Haelbarde) has died! He was a New Recruit with a valuable head!
Brightness Kenara (Wilson) has died! She was a Radiant Elsecaller!

Cycle 1 has begun! It will end in 24 hours. PMs are now out. PM me if you don't have one. 

blu_1501819200.png

Clarifications: Lightweavers cannot protect the same person two turns in a row. 
Due to later game balance thoughts, the no-secret-alignment-or-role question is now a PAFO. 

Player List
1. Elithanathile - Sebas
2. Drake - Aaliyah
3. Mage - Damond
4. Eternum - Albion Kerenas
5. Jebus - Teralarin
6. Flash - Johnny Quick
7. Elenion - Albert Vospar
8. Orlok - Highprince Locke Tekiel 
9. Megasif - Zirconidas
10. Winter Devotion - John
11. Roadwalker - Silver
12. Jondesu - Tzlim
13. Paranoid King - Spiff
14. Stick - Dan
15. Sami - Aleta Nebrask
16. Stink - Lazar
17. Arraenae - Malnar
18. Lopen - Revali
19. Darkness - Belegaer
20. Bard - Melinon
21. Ecthelion - Ceol and Vis
22. Yitzi - Brightlord Erethin
23. Sart - Ardent Sartal
24. Arinian - Alrin

Edited by Elbereth

Hem. Well, hrmm. Most unexpected. Guess we're going home early, guys!

No? Well then.

I'm pretty sure it was Flash, as he was quick enough to do the deed without anyone seeing. We shall avenge. Person. Brightness lady person. I don't know her name. And someone pick up that shardblade before it gets muddy or something!

What the storms had just happened?

The squires all looked at each other, then back at Brightness Kenara. Then back at each other. Finally, Malnar swore and ran over to Kenara's body. Her eyes were burnt and blackened, as if she'd been killed by a Shardblade. But she hadn't been killed by a Shardblade. There was no Shardblade. Right?How could she be dead? He felt for her pulse. Her body was still warm, but he couldn't feel anything else.

"If this is a some storming hazing ritual, I'll -- I'll hang you up in the next highstorm, Commander or not," Malnar muttered to Kenara. She didn't reply. Blood spilled from a hole in her chest, staining her bright havah. Malnar checked her pulse again. She was dead. Blackbane? No, blackbane didn't burn out the eyes this way. It had to have been a Shardblade, somehow.

"Brightness Kenara is -- she's dead!" Malnar said. "Who here is next in command?"

Brightness Kenara was dead. Aleta's head snapped up in shock, her hand automatically going to the hidden dagger in her sleeve. She scanned the training grounds frantically for the source of the arrow, but besides the other recruits, there was nobody in sight. What the storms had just happened?

Sebas felt two hands shoving him roughly into the scattered courtyard, and any attempts to backpaddle were quickly met with a rough wooden pole to his backside. Casting betrayed looks at him comrades in mops, who gave back very unhelpful thumbs ups in response, he slowly shuffled out into the courtyard, trying to slide from shadow to shadow the best he could, taking cover behind pillars and such.

Eventually he had to reach the open clearing set aside for training purposes and, taking a deep breath, dashed out into the middle ground. Just because he'd wished he could have been out there with them didn't mean he wanted this, for damnation's sake! Making it to the pair of bodies, Sebas took a deep breath and hefted up the brightness with a deep grunt of exertion, laying her body on top of his own. She might be dead, but she could still save one life at least!

Also who got the shardplate?

Well it wouldn't be going to him, so the question was null. Casting an eye towards the sky in hopes of spotting an arrow before it impacted, Sebas wondered if it would be moral to just drop the other body into the chasms, or if he actually had to bring him inside. He'd be a lot more revealed if he tried to take him inside, and he couldn't carry both bodies. Decisions decisions...

15 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

"Brightness Kenara is -- she's dead!" Malnar said. "Who here is next in command?"

Spiff waited a moment. No hands went up. That was fine with him.

"I call it!"

He was met with blank stares. Well, someone needed to step up, didn't they? And while he'd never technically held a command position before, he'd had an old squad leader who he could imitate.

"Alright, you lazy bunch of meatbags, let's see if you can handle the stress of the navy. I want to see 50 pushups each!"

Most of the people started complaining. A few wandered off to do their own thing. One or two actually started doing pushups. Nice. Better than he'd expected, at least. He ignored the protests and started yelling at his motley crew.

"You call those pushups? I call them wimp-ups! Because it looks like you're just standing there! Hah! If you need me, I'll be in my tent, doing officer things." He stalked off, leaving a confused lot of people behind.

33 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

So! First order of business: is this just El being a troll?

" Due to later game balance thoughts, the no-secret-alignment-or-role question is now a PAFO.  "

@Ecthelion III, this is a QF, which should limit El's options if she isn't being a troll. (She is a troll, as a heads up. I know this from a great deal of time spent with her.) Regardless, I think a hidden faction is incredibly unlikely.

Current thoughts are something to do with the Truthless (potentially having to be killed by the Truthless, or keeping the Truthless alive), and the standard neutral roles (Serial Killer and Survival).

Impact wise, I'm not terribly worried about anything except the serial killer, which would become obvious in 24 hours time, at the start of C2. Someone voting in every lynch might lead to a mislynch, but won't cost us the game, and probably wouldn't materially impact the game much either. Keeping the Truthless alive would be more problematic, as we'd likely start drawing connections between the two players, leading to a potential lynch for one of them, which isn't useful if it is the Truthless lynched.

A Survival role might add a potential vote to the eliminator team, or might just help the village. I think enough of us have learnt enough from LG35 about neutrals not to antagonise a neutral player with a survival role, though.

Ultimately, we'll find out tomorrow whether El is being a troll in a way that will materially impact the game.

Edited by Orlok Tsubodai

• Alvron locked this topic

Reminder: Please add me to any and all PMs you make. 

Clarification: New Recruit is a vanilla role. While they can pick the order they want to study, they will not gain that role. (It's over the course of a single day and they're only squires without a Radiant to teach them. They're not going to be able to pick up that much.) 

Just now, Arraenae said:

@TheMightyLopen! I see you viewing the thread. What thoughts do you have? What alignment did you get from your GM PM, and how do you feel about it?

"This coffee is really tasty." and "I don't really have any thoughts on the game yet." :P

Alignment is village, which makes me feel surprised and warm inside(or is that the coffee? :P). This is an El game after all, and I've got a history of being evil in her games. >>