Looks like I'm gonna die, so let me post my final thoughts:

Elith, Ecth, and Bard are probably good, even if Elith is a bit misguided. Orlok reads slightly village. Sami is possibly evil, but he's in the gray range. No idea about Jondesu, Sitnk, or Winter. Yitzi is full-on evil. Something about his activity combined with his attack against me and his reference to himself as an elim makes me incredibly suspicious of him. He also played with me as an elim so he should know my playstyle better than that. I'm also suspicious of Sart, so don't be too surprised if they show up in my death RP.

I didn't post this earlier because I would rather die and have people take me seriously than have people switch to someone else and wonder about me from then on.

8 minutes ago, Elithanathile said:

First up I would offer a sincere apology to Orlok for any insinuations that he was cheating. When I first posted that I had been informed that his post had been edited to conceal vote manip content, I did not think of it as "Oh, that would be cheating," I thought of it as "Oh, he fixed something he didn't mean to do." It was only with your last post that I actually realized/remembered that it would count as cheating. I haven't really run into it happening before in SE games, and had forgotten it was against the rules. So I apologize for sounding like I thought you would cheat, as I know that you wouldn't do something like that.

For the people who are voting on me for not voting on PK, I did vote on him in my last post, which had been the first one in quite a while. I didn't vote on PK earlier on since I didn't realize what he had proposed was against the rules, and if Orlok had edited his post, which I thought was possible at the time, then I wanted verification that he had been lying to me, and not merely mistaken. I completely missed the clarification by El that it had been a typo, or I wouldn't have held off for so long.

And the reason that I haven't disclosed what was in our PMs is because I did. Before this cycle, there was only the three messages. Mine starting the PM, his saying he thought Orlok had edited, and mine saying that if that was true Orlok could be an elim and trying to hide his ability. This cycle PK attempted to guilt me, saying that I had turned on him after starting the PM and he gave me information. Then he talked about my logic in how Orlok could be an elim since he edited his post, and how bad it was. It was at about that point that I responded that he could be evil or I could be evil, since we didn't have enough information. He continued to assault my logic and it resulted in me calling him out on distracting me or trying to guilt me out of suspecting him, and officially placed my vote.

Apologies if I missed anything else, but I've been busy today and yesterday and probably missed some things in the bustle.

I'm grateful for the apology, Elithanathile.

I'm not suspicious of you for not voting on him for a proposal against the rules, I'm suspicious of you for saying that he'd told you something objectively false, and then saying that you weren't certain that he was evil. I said it had been a typo immediately after your post, Wilson confirmed this a few hours later, in gold text as the IM, and yet you made a post many hours after that, towards the end of the last cycle. I'm still not convinced that this adds up, but will think on it further, as it doesn't look like you're getting lynched this cycle.

1 minute ago, Paranoid King said:

Elith, Ecth, and Bard are probably good, even if Elith is a bit misguided. Orlok reads slightly village. Sami is possibly evil, but he's in the gray range. 

she, not a he :P

QF25: Hour 4 - Attacking
9 a.m.

The assembled crowd approached Spiff. Slowly. Despite his open-door policy, they had a sense that there was more to him than there appeared. He addressed them, still reading over the papers in front of him

"Yes? I assume this is serious? You know I don't deal with the other sort of matters."

He highlighted his point by flipping a dagger casually in one hand, while viciously penning his signature with the other.

"I have a lot of paperwork to do. You see, running an organization isn't all fun and games."

He looked up suddenly, catching Ardent Sartal's eye.

"You know what I'm talking about, don't you, 'ardent'?"

Sartal stared ahead stolidly. There was just something about that commanding voice. Something that would make you do 50 pushups or go on a 10 mile run before breakfast. "I don't know what you're talking about, sir."

"No, you wouldn't. Nobody expects an ardent, after all. They're beneath notice. So beneath notice, in fact, that they could murder a squadleader in front of a whole platoon without anybody noticing."

The man made no sense. He was clearly in league with the enemy All those songs and group exercises were just a diversion to distract them from the real threat. Ardent Sartal cleared his throat. "We'd like to, I mean, we're going to lynch you now."

"Hmm?"

"We're going to lynch you now, sir."

Spiff's eye glinted. "No, I don't think you will."

He leapt to his feet and deftly span through the assembled crowd, tripping half of them in a single movement.

Brightlord Erethin narrowed his eyes. "You missed everyone important, Spiff. And you are not my captain. Everyone! He's given us as much as a confession already! Take him down quickly! Before he summons his full potential!"

"Too slow!" Spiff spun in the air, the light of a knight radiant glowing around him. He thrust a hand towards Tzlim and the man fell to the ground, wincing at the abrasion of the rough tent floor. Spiff grinned. "Just 4 left." He divided his attention between them, and settled for dashing at Atela.

A brick caught him on the side of the head, and he fell to the floor.

Sebas stood nervously as Spiff fell to the ground. "That was the right thing to do, right? I mean, he was saying all those things about me, and he tried getting us to do pushups, and-"

Sartal patted him on the shoulder. "You did all right, kid. Let's see if we can find some evidence in that mess of his office." He frowned, looking around. "Actually, this is Kenara's office. I don't know how we let him take over that easily."

Credit goes to PK for his death RP. Find a post and upvote him for it.

Revali stumbled in the chaos of Spiff’s lynching and fell to the floor. He caught a glimpse of a figure above him, though his vision was blurred from the fall. A chill ran through his bones, and he felt a woosh of air rush past him. 

When he opened his eyes, the figure was gone, and this time no one but Spiff had died. 

PK was killed! He was a Dustbringer!
Lopen was attacked, but didn’t die! 

Cycle 4 has begun! It will end in 23 hours. This cycle is an hour shorter, because I won’t be around at or after rollover tomorrow. 

blu_1502074800.png

Vote Count
>PK (4): Elithanathile, Sami, Yitzi, Sart 
>Winter (3): Orlok, Jebus, Stink 
>Jondesu (1): Arinian 
>Elithanathile (1): Rae

Player List
1. Elithanathile - Sebas
2. Drake - Aaliyah New Recruit
3. Mage - Damond
4. Eternum - Albion Kerenas
5. Jebus - Teralarin
6. Flash - Johnny Quick New Recruit
7. Elenion - Albert Vospar
8. Orlok - Highprince Locke Tekiel 
9. Megasif - Zirconidas New Recruit
10. Winter Devotion - John
11. Roadwalker - Silver
12. Jondesu - Tzlim
13. Paranoid King - Spiff Dustbringer
14. Stick - Dan New Recruit
15. Sami - Aleta Nebrask
16. Stink - Lazar
17. Arraenae - Malnar
18. Lopen - Revali
19. Darkness - Belegaer
20. Bard - Melinon
21. Ecthelion - Ceol and Vis
22. Yitzi - Brightlord Erethin
23. Sart - Ardent Sartal
24. Arinian - Alrin

Edited by Elbereth

Waitwaitwait he was village?

Oh my that looks bad on me then. Well I could say that I'm innocent, but it wouldn't do a whole lot, huh.

Well I'm heading off for tonight, and won't be on tomorrow because it'll be Sunday. So I guess I'll see if I survive or not on Monday.

Ciao!

Hmm... I had considered switching my vote to someone else after the bandwagon formed, but I didn't want to leave the vote to chance, plus the sudden counter-bandwagon made me hesitant. I agreed with Paranoid King on one count though. We need to take a closer look at Yitzi. I was suspicious when he managed to post both cycle 1 and cycle 2 without placing a vote. However, he mentioned he had a new job, so I let the matter drop. Now that he worked to lynch PK, I'm a little more suspicious. Confirmed good does not equal confirmed right, but it's at least a place to start. @Yitzi2 who are your suspicions? I'm curious to know.

That's too bad. Well, one thing I'm taking from last Cycle is a stronger village read on Elith. Really, the only thing I thought was suspicious about him was the stuff about Orlok, and I think that's much clearer now.

Ouch. I got attacked. :( Guess I'm cleared now, huh? ;)

Currently, I think Elith, Orlok(paranoid though), Sart, Bard, Arraenae, Winter, and DA are villagers. Those aren't strong reads, but oh well. I'm still leaning slightly village for Stink as well.

My elim reads are more just a group that I'd like to focus on: Eternum, Jebus, Elenion, Roadwalker, Jondesu, Sami, Ecthelion, Yitzi, and Arinian. I feel like most of the eliminators are probably in this group. They haven't posted a lot, or done anything that would really draw attention to themselves.

What does everyone else think about this group? I'd like to see as many opinions as possible, since we really really need to get an eliminator this Cycle.

1 minute ago, Sart said:

Hmm... I had considered switching my vote to someone else after the bandwagon formed, but I didn't want to leave the vote to chance, plus the sudden counter-bandwagon made me hesitant. I agreed with Paranoid King on one count though. We need to take a closer look at Yitzi. I was suspicious when he managed to post both cycle 1 and cycle 2 without placing a vote. However, he mentioned he had a new job, so I let the matter drop. Now that he worked to lynch PK, I'm a little more suspicious. Confirmed good does not equal confirmed right, but it's at least a place to start. @Yitzi2 who are your suspicions? I'm curious to know.

I haven't had much; between not getting into it cycle 1, and being unable to get on for most of cycle 3, I'm just not as into this game as some others in the past.  That was part of why I avoided voting, though most of it was that, unlike other games, there is a potential downside to voting (if the target turns out to be Truthless) and therefore I'm not inclined to vote on a minor suspicion like I often would.  (I very rarely have more than minor suspicions; usually no more than one or two per game.)

That said: Winter definitely seems suspicious; his initial claim of Truthless, followed by behavior not matching Truthless, definitely suggests that he's trying to deceive someone.  Whether that's a Truthless whose initial IKYK gambit failed and is now trying to seem elim, or an elim trying to deceive the village, or a villager trying to confuse the elims, I couldn't say, though he's definitely my top choice for elim at the moment.

1 minute ago, TheMightyLopen said:

That's too bad. Well, one thing I'm taking from last Cycle is a stronger village read on Elith. Really, the only thing I thought was suspicious about him was the stuff about Orlok, and I think that's much clearer now.

...You do know that WGGs are a thing, right? :P

@Elbereth, will we get clarification on if that was an Escaller extra life or Lightweaver protect?

20 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

...You do know that WGGs are a thing, right? :P

@Elbereth, will we get clarification on if that was an Escaller extra life or Lightweaver protect?

No, you will not.

Also, vote tally has been updated, because it was slightly wrong. Apologies. 

Huh, somebody cancelled my vote off of Sart.

Edit: I can't find my post! 

I wrote a post right at the beginning of last cycle, pointing out that Sart's accusation of Arin assumed that Sart knew Stick's alignment beforehand. This was before Sart had accrued any votes. This post is now gone and I don't know what happened to it. Maybe it never posted.

Edited by Elenion

Oh, oops. Crap. I didn't vote.

Ohhh.... It ends at 7am, not 8am...

Stupid timezones.

So we just lost a Dustbringer. That can't be good. But now that we know Lopen is cleared (Rae, it's called a Wounded Gazelle Gambit for a reason. The elims don't have any reason to try it this early.. If you were joking, sorry?) , we can move on to other suspects, maybe.

Lopen, you include me in a list of elim suspects because I haven't posted a lot or made any wild claims. The first is because I've been out of town recently, and I've posted whenever I had time and internet. I was camping the day before yesterday, that's why I didn't vote, and didn't vote last cycle because I fell asleep and woke up 11 minutes after the cycle ended, realizing my mistake :l

The second is because I am very much a team player, and will support anyone who has a good idea and some credibility, as shown in cycle 1 when I voted for Flash after Rae voiced her suspicions. Honestly, I'm not a good enough player to make any informed guesses or sensible claims.

It goes without saying that a team player in a game where you don't know your team is gonna have a hard time.

Also, Orlok, last cycle you asked whether I wasted time coming up with that plan. I did not. I always try not to overthink things, first because paranoia should be kept under heavy chains and released only when Damnation's all broken loose, and second because if I do I'll eventually decide against whatever I'm planning and go back to square one.

Wait, what? Len's post just appeared as I was typing. That's very very suspicious. That probably wasn't a village Dustbringer, so why would the elims try to keep Sart alive? It might be that a village Dustbringer did it and Len is elim.. (Yes I am aware there are other possibilities)

I'll think about it over breakfast, maybe.. *Stomach growls*

Edited by Eternum

@Eternum I'm suspecting a posting problem (see my edit), and even if there was a Dustbringer involved it could have been Sart removing the vote from himself. Also, we've seen cycle 1 WGGs before. It's logic like yours that makes them such a powerful weapon. But I do agree with you that a WGG probably wouldn't be wise right now, where Lopen hadn't accrued any suspicion.

Alright, you have a point, hence my edit (before your post) adding the acknowledgement that there are other possibilities.

I would honestly rather trust Lopen than start being wary of one of the people that have contributed the most to the conversation.

Also, cycle 1 WGGs make a certain amount of sense, if I'm being honest. Cycle 4 doesn't make much sense to me, though. And as you've said, there is no (or rather, not much) suspicion targeted at Lopen.

32 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Oh, oops. Crap. I didn't vote.

Ohhh.... It ends at 7am, not 8am...

Stupid timezones.

Huh. For me the cycle ends at 2pm which is pretty convenient as I can read the cycle and post before it ends, as well as catch the beginning of the next one.

Edited by Sami
clarifying a few things

Maybe it's just me, but Eternum's knowledge of terminology here feels a little weird. It feels like he's already familiar with a lot of stuff, which could happen if he was an elim.

Off the top of my head, I haven't been feeling the same effort with Orlok that I normally do. He's said that his playstyle would be different so he could have some time with El, but I haven't felt the same sense of solviness that I normally feel. Orlok's null for me, and considering that's him, it might be elimy. I'll look at his posts later, after I've slept.

Off the top of my head (again, I need to sleep soon), I kind of trust Lopen. Not for his attack, but because he feels like he's been putting effort into the game, which he has admitted is something he doesn't do as an elim.

6 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Maybe it's just me, but Eternum's knowledge of terminology here feels a little weird. It feels like he's already familiar with a lot of stuff, which could happen if he was an elim.

Off the top of my head, I haven't been feeling the same effort with Orlok that I normally do. He's said that his playstyle would be different so he could have some time with El, but I haven't felt the same sense of solviness that I normally feel. Orlok's null for me, and considering that's him, it might be elimy. I'll look at his posts later, after I've slept.

Off the top of my head (again, I need to sleep soon), I kind of trust Lopen. Not for his attack, but because he feels like he's been putting effort into the game, which he has admitted is something he doesn't do as an elim.

Rae, I've played mafia before. (Granted, only twice, but hey.) Doesn't take long to learn terminology. It wasn't all that hard to transfer what I knew to here. Also, as I mentioned before, there is a list of all the terminology in one of the pinned posts. I read it. I'm using them. At this point, this isn't suspicion, this is nitpicking. Why would a noob elim know the terminology, and a noob village not?

EDIT: Sigh, sorry if I'm coming off as offensive or overprotective. I'm tired and hungry.

Edited by Eternum

Just now, Eternum said:

Rae, I've played mafia before. (Granted, only twice, but hey.) Doesn't take long to learn terminology. It wasn't all that hard to transfer what I knew to here. Also, as I mentioned before, there is a list of all the terminology in one of the pinned posts. I read it. I'm using them. At this point, this isn't suspicion, this is nitpicking. Why would a noob elim know the terminology, and a noob village not?

Oh, okay. That makes things a bit different then. :P I thought you were completely new.

Dammit I missed rollover...Sometimes I hate my motivation problems....

No I hate them all the time

@Orlok TsubodaiFor the way I saw Stick as being villager, like i said we role-claimed, and the way Stick approached me didn't set off any alarms asides from the role-claim part, and since well, yeah, she's dead now. So she was telling the truth. If I had been on in time, I would have come forward and told everyone that she had PMed me and I thought she was a villager *shrugs

2 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Currently, I think Elith, Orlok(paranoid though), Sart, Bard, Arraenae, Winter, and DA are villagers. Those aren't strong reads, but oh well. I'm still leaning slightly village for Stink as well.

My elim reads are more just a group that I'd like to focus on: Eternum, Jebus, Elenion, Roadwalker, Jondesu, Sami, Ecthelion, Yitzi, and Arinian. I feel like most of the eliminators are probably in this group. They haven't posted a lot, or done anything that would really draw attention to themselves.

What does everyone else think about this group? I'd like to see as many opinions as possible, since we really really need to get an eliminator this Cycle.

Lol did you deliberately forget @STINK :ph34r:

Anyway.

So so far this game hasn't really set off any alarms at people being elims, suspicions only. This so far is my best lead, that being @overlordjebus
Well, this is just me being cynical, and I did say that  I would keep an eye on you :P  

But you did seem to go back to lurking afterwards, 

I already said this could just have been you trying to back out of being led to a lynch.

And also this

Derpcleared? Maybe idk.

And you seem to be pushing on @winter devotionnow.

Seems to me that you could just be prodding at the villagers (I do think winter is a villager, and I am a villager of course :ph34r:), seeing where you may be able to lead a lynch onto another villager rather than an elim. And also interspersed with your lurking, you haven't really been driving or really pushing conversation in general, just been throwing shade here and there. Your only real claim to being a villager is the "derpclear", which could be a play suggested by your elim friends to get your eyes off me :P Like Stink, I hate schemes, and I see them everywhere :P .

Will post thoughts on everyone else later.

5 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

This post.  This post!  This post made me feel really weird. Not sure why.

Mmk.  I'm still suspicious of Winter, but at this point it's more because they haven't been able to do anything to dissuade me.  I'm not sure that a villager would be able to do anything more than Winter has done, but I'm still not sure Winter is village.

People I'm paranoid of;  Lopen, Orlok.  I know I probably can't read Orlok, but I need to take another look at Lopen.  I'm worried that I can't read Lopen either.

Somewhat suspicious of Rae, and Elith.  Haven't really thought about this enough; I'll explain more later.   Although the suspicion of Elith has basically become somewhat obvious, and has been explained by other people.