8 minutes ago, Eternum said:

also.. I'm on mobile. How do I change the color of the text?

The code to change color is (color=red) whatever text you want here and then (/color) but with square brackets instead. If you want another color, just change the color inside the opening tag.

It took me a bit to realize you were talking to me, Winter. Lol. You're welcome?

EDIT: Thanks, @Arraenae!

So, I think I'll actually vote for Flash because I feel like Rae makes a good point. IDK, but since we've established that Rae is village, I think I'll trust them. (her? Idk.)

Edited by Eternum

I vote we don't kill me so I can become a speedster. I promise you can kill me tomorrow, but I really really want to be a speedster. 

Let a guy have his dreams please. 

Also has no one noticed after multiple games with me as a villager, that I'm ALWAYS over defensive? @Arraenae please take that into consideration. 

Edited by Flash

Apologies for the messiness of this post in advance because unfortunately, I don't have access to a laptop until after rollover, so I'm going to have to do this on my phone. :/

2 hours ago, Eternum said:

How many elims are there in this game?

4, maybe 5. But *probably* 4.

So now, looks like Ecth is up for the lynch. I already expressed my suspicions on him, but I was hesitant to vote because 1) lack of solid reasoning and 2) Ecth always seems to die early in games so I felt bad about voting on him. 

I'm not really feeling the Flash lynch...I would expect Flash to be a little more reactive to the votes on him were he elim. But yeah I haven't really developed a read on him till now.

I will admit that I've been getting elim vibes from Magasif, though. I'd support an Ecth lynch, I think. But I want to consider megasif too.

This post almost got deleted like three times while I typed. >> mobiles...

1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

Yeah jeez I think there's four people whose names start with E and it's making it near impossible to figure out who's who. 

You should have seen MR15: Elenion, Ecthelion, Elbereth, Eramit, Master Elodin, Emilylime, and Eolhondras were all playing; over a third of the players' names started with E. And then people started shortening my name to El, but that was Elbereth's nickname, so that made it even worse. We finally got it all figured out: I'm Len, Ecthelion is Ecth, and Elbereth is El.

@Eternum What should we call you? Your full name? Et? Eter?

As I said before, I'm leading slightly elimmy about Ecth because of the way he phrased his alignment. But since the bandwagon is already in full swing, I'm going to hold off my vote to ensure that if he's Truthless, I don't get attacked. Seeing as I've still got my vote... Jondesu. I'll move my vote to Ecth if the voting gets close. Jon said something back on page 2:

Who first asked someone to post their alignment, or posted it without being asked? I couldn’t quite tell the timeline, but that’s pointless for the village and can be helpful to the Elims, so it makes me suspicious.

Stick already mentioned this: the elims already know everyone's alignments. (Well, except the Truthless.) This post sounds to me like it's meant to prevent Rae's idea from accumulating too many village reads.

15 hours ago, Eternum said:

DISCLAIMER:

To all whom it concerns, I won't be here for the next cycle and most of the other one, because I'll be out of town. My alignment is village, if anyone was gonna ask.

Anyway.

What's the plan here? We Europeans have a head start, it seems. There don't seem to be many clues, but the one we do have (Kenara getting murdered with a Shardblade wayyy faster than the eye can track) points towards Flash, as somebody else mentioned. I won't vote yet though, maybe there's something else.

Here starts an Eternum ISO. Eternum starts out putting joke suspicion on Flash.

14 hours ago, Eternum said:

Yeah, it was probably a joke Bard, and yeah it was probably a means of preventing us from finding out who it is, but we're Sanderfans. Overanalyzing is what we do. But I didn't cast my vote yet. We honestly don't know enough to be suspicious of anyone. Also, if you managed to lynch me Day 1 of my first game I'd hate you with a passion hotter than the centre of the Sun. :P

It was probably a joke? Eternum wrote that post himself, so he should know if he intended to write a joke or not.

Eternum says that he's new, but he seems familiar with some of the terminology and talks about having gut reads multiple times later. The above thing feels like he wants to remind people he's new so he can get some newbie lenience, which seems more likely for an elim to do.

14 hours ago, Eternum said:

Albion sighed as he walked around the two corpses now laid out on the ground. 2 assassinations in quick succession. What is going on here..?

"Certainly one way of beginning training, I suppose," he said, looking around. There were others studying the corpses near him, one of the ardents was kneeling on the ground near the two corpses, praying, and... Were those people doing push-ups?

Almighty above, how green are these people?

He grimaced, debating whether to try and call for order or let the Highprince try first. The Highprince did have more authority. People knew him, and they were more likely to listen to him, so he just decided to walk around a bit more.

As far as disasters go, this was beginning to seem like a big one.

RP, NAI.

10 hours ago, Eternum said:

@Jondesu Arraenae was the first person to ask role/alignment, and that is kind of suspicious. If anyone else has any other ideas/thoughts, share them. It's only helpful.

Okay, so Eternum says I'm probably elim. He conflates role and alignment.

10 hours ago, Eternum said:

They know alignment, Stick, not role, and knowing roles is useful.

The person I mentioned also asked for role, if I'm not remembering wrong.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was mistaken. Nae might just be village.

So here Eternum says that I might be village.

9 hours ago, Eternum said:

I'd also like to mention that Megasif asked for Arraenae's role, which is kind of suspicious.

And here Eternum says that Megasif might be elim. Before, he said that there weren't enough clues to determine alignment, but all of the things he's drawing from happened before that post where he said "we honestly don't know enough to be suspicious of anyone." He's not very consistent here.

3 hours ago, Eternum said:

Hi, I'm back. I was on a trip, whatever, that's not relevant. I'd like to clear things up a bit.

First off, I'd like to apologize. I realize I must have seemed kind of off, and it's because I was being a bit too paranoid. It's my first SE game, and I don't wanna die :P.

Just to clear things up, I'm convinced Rae is village, or at least not an immediate threat. I still don't trust Sif lol, but hey my opinion can change. We still don't know anything about anyone.

I'll keep withholding my vote, mainly because I don't know who to vote for :P

So he still says that Megasif is null ir elim and that I'm village.

I'm surprised I wasn't included, seeing as people seemed to think I was elim. Also, Stink, you've been pretty neutral in the discussion. No risks taken, no wild guesses. That's probably why you weren't included lol. I have a gut feeling that you're village, and I generally trust my instincts lol. I think I'll trust you, for now. Or, rather, keep you at arm's length. I think that trusting anyone this early on is a bad idea lol.

Eternum seems kind of defensive here. I know that some people expressed suspicion on him, but it's like he's expecting people to dogpile on him. I think that's slightly more likely as an elim than as a villager.

Yeah, good point, I guess. IDK.

Anyway, I really need to think of who to vote.

Also, all y'all lurking, you should really post or something. Your silence isn't helping my paranoia xD

I wonder what he's paranoid about...

Or, perhaps, Stink's playing us all for fools and he IS actually an elim!

But really, jokes aside, Rae's observation has made me slightly suspicious of Jebus and Flash, and I was already somewhat suspicious of Sif lol, but I will admit Sif can easily be a part of the village and I'm just being dumb. Eh. We'll wait and see.

How many elims are there in this game?

I feel like if I stare at this long enough, I should be able to pull out some Stick/Eternum connection, whether w/w or v/v or w/v or v/w. I think that effort would be better spent doing something else though.

The IKYK Truthless thing Winter did was smart imo. Interesting. I don't think they're Elim. I might be wrong, but again, I have a gut feeling about them.

So Eternum puts Winter as village.

also.. I'm on mobile. How do I change the color of the text?

NAI.

It took me a bit to realize you were talking to me, Winter. Lol. You're welcome?

EDIT: Thanks, @Arraenae!

NAI.

1 hour ago, Eternum said:

So, I think I'll actually vote for Flash because I feel like Rae makes a good point. IDK, but since we've established that Rae is village, I think I'll trust them. (her? Idk.)

This post sticks out a lot. When was it ever established that I was village? It's not even a mostly consensus read among people inthread. It reads like he already knows everyone's alignments.

1 hour ago, Eternum said:

Yeah, this'll get confusing xD

NAI.

After going through all of these, I think Eternum is null or elim. He has a few questionable posts that don't seem very villagery. It is his first game, though, so I won't vote to lynch him C1.

Megasif's posts ta-da!

Got village. Don't have many thoughts yet. Except that an elim has likely posted already.

While we're on the topic, we haven't seen your thoughts or role yet. Hmm.

Nothing weird about this post, except the highlighted bit. I believe Orlok already brought it up, but yeah this is odd why'd you say that/what made you say that? The players who'd posted before this post are: Ecth, PK, Rae, Sami, BB, Orlok and Lopen, in that order.

bleh ignore this random quote box that may or may not appear in the actual post I have no idea.

Gah quite boxes not working so here's his next post:

"Well, I'm not certain but since it's an elim team we're talking about, I'd think it would be an idea for at least one to make an appearance early and try to get on the village side.

I could be totally wrong. I haven't played enough yet (3rd game). Just a thought that occurred so I mentioned it.

And I'm guessing no one's going to say they're an elim right :("

I want to believe this explanation, but I can't help but think that maybe he *knew* that there was an elim online early in the game like timezones are a thing and its entirely possible that none of the elims were online at the beginning of the game.

Next one:

"So the deal with truthless: does the game end if he is lynched?

And when is rollover? 

Current feelings: Eternum seems a bit elim like. There was a bit of suspicions thrown about by him on both sides of an argument earlier. I'll go back now and see if I can quote it in."

Okay so eternum/megasif both elims is probably not a thing. Something to keep in mind, I guess.

"In reply to Rae, I just used alignment and role as intechangeable, which I now realize I shouldn't have.

I also wasn't so much adding to rae's question as I was asking why he hadn't answered the question himself yet."

Okay. NAI.

"So went back and checked and the main reason I was suspicious of Eternum actually doesn't exist. I think I misread their post. And the other reason might be because they were suspicious of me. Still not totally cleared for me but not as suspicious atm."

So this *kind of* makes me lean village. Hm. What did you misread in Eternum's post that made you suspicious?

"You know what, you're actually right about this :o

Eternum seems more villagery by the post. Rae's village lean. Winter makes a good point about stink 'whining about being ignored'. But Winter herself I'm not trusting atm. As a villager that is. "

What makes you suspicious of winter?

"I'm leaning towards ect being an elim. So for now ecthelion"

Why do you lean elim? Is it just gut? The alignment phrasing thing?

overall, I wouldn't want to have a megasif lynch happen this cycle. They kind of seem village but I'm wary of them.

ninjad-but-not-exactly-ninjad by Rae's ISO . I'll read that now.

Edited by _Stick_

18 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Here starts an Eternum ISO. Eternum starts out putting joke suspicion on Flash.

It was probably a joke? Eternum wrote that post himself, so he should know if he intended to write a joke or not.

Eternum says that he's new, but he seems familiar with some of the terminology and talks about having gut reads multiple times later. The above thing feels like he wants to remind people he's new so he can get some newbie lenience, which seems more likely for an elim to do.

RP, NAI.

Okay, so Eternum says I'm probably elim. He conflates role and alignment.

So here Eternum says that I might be village.

And here Eternum says that Megasif might be elim. Before, he said that there weren't enough clues to determine alignment, but all of the things he's drawing from happened before that post where he said "we honestly don't know enough to be suspicious of anyone." He's not very consistent here.

So he still says that Megasif is null ir elim and that I'm village.

Eternum seems kind of defensive here. I know that some people expressed suspicion on him, but it's like he's expecting people to dogpile on him. I think that's slightly more likely as an elim than as a villager.

I wonder what he's paranoid about...

I feel like if I stare at this long enough, I should be able to pull out some Stick/Eternum connection, whether w/w or v/v or w/v or v/w. I think that effort would be better spent doing something else though.

So Eternum puts Winter as village.

NAI.

NAI.

This post sticks out a lot. When was it ever established that I was village? It's not even a mostly consensus read among people inthread. It reads like he already knows everyone's alignments.

NAI.

After going through all of these, I think Eternum is null or elim. He has a few questionable posts that don't seem very villagery. It is his first game, though, so I won't vote to lynch him C1.

Tbh newbies tend to act very eliminatory at first because they don't know what's eliminatory and not. I honestly still consider myself a newbie even if I've played twenty and GM'd two. This ain't a defense, just something to observe. 

Sorry I haven't gotten on before; I started a new job today.

One thing that I don't think was mentioned about the start-of-game kill: Wilson was an Elsecaller, and the Elsecaller special ability is an extra life.  So that sort of rules out any options other than "special role" and "player realized last-minute they wouldn't be able to make it and Elbereth decided to have some fun".

I also find it interesting that Winter said he'd be alignment-scanned, seeing as this game has no alignment scanners.  (Not sure if that was mentioned before.)

5 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Sorry I haven't gotten on before; I started a new job today.

One thing that I don't think was mentioned about the start-of-game kill: Wilson was an Elsecaller, and the Elsecaller special ability is an extra life.  So that sort of rules out any options other than "special role" and "player realized last-minute they wouldn't be able to make it and Elbereth decided to have some fun".

I also find it interesting that Winter said he'd be alignment-scanned, seeing as this game has no alignment scanners.  (Not sure if that was mentioned before.)

oh my gosh

it doesn't

does it

Welp I'm going to feel like an idiot because BEFORE WRITING A HUGE POST I DIDN'T BOTHER TO CHECK IF THE KEY PART OF MY ARGUMENT ACTUALLY EXISTED 

Excuse me I may be AFK for a while because I need to facepalm for a full day. 

You bring up interesting points, Rae, but could you elaborate on this?

24 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Why specifically me?

6 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Wilson was an elsecaller? Huh? 

13 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

So this *kind of* makes me lean village. Hm. What did you misread in Eternum's post that made you suspicious?

If you look at rae's ISO of Eternum. Towards the beginning when Eternum's is reading me and rae and then switching really fast in our reads. Or at least rae's. Calling them village. It seemed suspicious but I later brushed it off.

What makes you suspicious of winter?

All the stuff about truthless. I don't feel I can trust them yet. But then that goes for almost all the players.

Why do you lean elim? Is it just gut? The alignment phrasing thing?

Well I've been paying attention to other players' posts and this one seems the most evidence based in my opinion. So I'll keep my vote here for now.

Edited by Megasif

2 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Read the first post more carefully.

Bbuuttt Wilson isn't a player so it shouldn't matter? :P

I'm confused halp

2 minutes ago, Megasif said:

If you look at rae's ISO of Eternum. Towards the beginning when Eternum's is ready me and rae and then switching really fast in our reads. Or at least rae's. Calling them village. It seemed suspicious but I later brushed it off.

All the stuff about truthless. I don't feel I csn trust them yet. But then that goes for almost all the players.

Well I've been paying attention to other players' posts and this one seems the most evidence based in my opinion. So I'll keep my vote here for now.

Fair.

*repeated facepalming noises* 

Anyway, ideally I'd say we risk lynching the truthless early or getting them killed early is ideal. The later game we get, the more damage a large number of dead from a truthless damages. (I'm multitasking, so my grammar is gonna be garbage rn)

1 minute ago, Sami said:

Wow just woke up and missed the big discussion. Confuzzling. I'm really bad at the whole "feeling suspicious and getting a read on this person" thing. 

Don't worry. You're not alone. :D

Edited by Megasif