27 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Prediction: Draen only faked being killed, and then stabbed Kenara with a shard dagger when she went to investigate!!! :ph34r:

Hmmm...

So like, this is basically the exact same sort of comment that gave me away as an eliminator the last QF I played.

This comment makes me read elim. And the Road vote wasn't serious.

Road Stick

I'll try not to make a habit of voting on you Stick... Still, last time I did it, you were in fact an eliminator, even if nobody believed me :P

I agree with that analysis and I too get that read, but I'm not gonna vote for real just yet. 

OK guys I'm here. Tired, but here.

First off, I'm reading slightly village on Rae's alignment questions. I'm reading slightly evil on Ecth's response, but he sent me a PM about that that's making me read less evil than I was before.

Right now I'm not going to make a role-claim, and I'm not planning on claiming at all this game, because it would either reveal me to have a good role or narrow the field for who has the good roles.

3 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Honestly I doubt that anyone not a vanillager (vanilla villager) or a elimilla (vanilla Eliminator) will roleclaim. It's just narrowing down who to try to hit. 

At least no one else will claim honestly. I’ve claimed to be vanilla in games where I had a role before, but was still village, and of course in games where I was an Elim. Role claims are just bad ideas except in particular circumstances for particular players that need to reveal themselves.

Also, according to @little wilson‘s spreadsheet, I’ve died to the Elims 57% of the time, though I’m only lynched 15% of the time. I guess that’s a good thing?

32 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

I agree with that analysis and I too get that read, but I'm not gonna vote for real just yet. 

What exactly do you agree with? I mean, his reasoning is basically 'I did this as an elim, so you must be an elim too'

16 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

What exactly do you agree with? I mean, his reasoning is basically 'I did this as an elim, so you must be an elim too'

Well, analysis is the wrong word but that feels like something I'd do as evil too. The nudge nudge, of course I'm not though. I'm not gonna vote for you cause of that, but I'm keeping an eye on you. :)

"Heh. Heh. Heh." Sartil breathed heavily, exhausted from doing pushups. "Why. Did I. Do that?" he panted out. It had seemed like a good idea at the time. It was best to let someone else take over, and since Spiff had volunteered, he went along with the exercise. He wasn't prepared for this! Two people had been murdered, so he wasn't planning on sticking his neck out. It was better to listen to instructions, and follow the crowd.

"Spiff, sir, what, should we do, about the bodies?" he gasped out. They should probably be buried, he supposed, but he wasn't willing to voice that opinion just yet.

11 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Well, analysis is the wrong word but that feels like something I'd do as evil too. The nudge nudge, of course I'm not though. I'm not gonna vote for you cause of that, but I'm keeping an eye on you. :)

Ooookay then :ph34r:

Not loving the claims going on here.  I'm actually kinda suspicious of the people who are like, 'Yep, I'm village.'  It just seems odd to me.  I know I'm not going to claim yet, if at all.

Besides that... A little bit suspicious of Winter, but I haven't seen them play in a while.  Stink a little bit but not more than usual I guess.  No real village reads this early.  

Gonna be a little bit quiet today, should be more active tomorrow, and then I should be very active starting on Saturday.  Hopefully I'll post again tonight but not sure, having a busy day.

Hi, I'm back. I was on a trip, whatever, that's not relevant. I'd like to clear things up a bit.

First off, I'd like to apologize. I realize I must have seemed kind of off, and it's because I was being a bit too paranoid. It's my first SE game, and I don't wanna die :P.

Just to clear things up, I'm convinced Rae is village, or at least not an immediate threat. I still don't trust Sif lol, but hey my opinion can change. We still don't know anything about anyone.

I'll keep withholding my vote, mainly because I don't know who to vote for :P

Hey Ecth.

Guess who doesn't even really like schemes? (answer: this guy)

Guess who really doesn't like schemes that he's not involved in but finds out about after? (answer: still this guy)

Guess who really really doesn't like schemes that people make vague references to for no real reason? 

You guessed it, this guy. 

@All, I asked about alignment and thoughts about it because there was almost nothing inthread and I was bored. I saw a player in one of thr MU games do it.

Reads:

I have a slight village read on Lopen for putting out his reads so early. It seems like he's actually making an effort to solve the game.

Winter feels very, very slightly village. I feel like they were just trying to be clever by making an IKYK. I doubt they're Truthless.

Flash felt slightly OMGUSsy when responding to PK.

When Stick joked around about her alignment, it felt slightly elimy or NAI.

Something that stood out to me was when Overlordjebus said that DA was being slightly accusatory. It feels like he could be trying to discredit DA's read without overtly defending Flash. So, Flash.

Just now, Arraenae said:

@All, I asked about alignment and thoughts about it because there was almost nothing inthread and I was bored. I saw a player in one of thr MU games do it.

Reads:

I have a slight village read on Lopen for putting out his reads so early. It seems like he's actually making an effort to solve the game.

Winter feels very, very slightly village. I feel like they were just trying to be clever by making an IKYK. I doubt they're Truthless.

Something that stood out to me was when Overlordjebus said that DA was being slightly accusatory. It feels like he could be trying to discredit DA's read without overtly defending Flash. So, Flash.

the classic 'stink doesn't exist' read list

Sorry about being overly defensive earlier I stayed up too late last night working on the final mechanics for my Princess Bride game and now I'm feeling just really tired. I'm also still at work so I won't vote for now.

Still the reasoning for PKs vote is ridiculous. No gm would give a hint like that to the identity of the elims. I thought about voting stink for an equally stupid reason, but decided against it. 

I'm surprised I wasn't included, seeing as people seemed to think I was elim. Also, Stink, you've been pretty neutral in the discussion. No risks taken, no wild guesses. That's probably why you weren't included lol. I have a gut feeling that you're village, and I generally trust my instincts lol. I think I'll trust you, for now. Or, rather, keep you at arm's length. I think that trusting anyone this early on is a bad idea lol.

2 minutes ago, Eternum said:

I'm surprised I wasn't included, seeing as people seemed to think I was elim. Also, Stink, you've been pretty neutral in the discussion. No risks taken, no wild guesses. That's probably why you weren't included lol. I have a gut feeling that you're village, and I generally trust my instincts lol. I think I'll trust you, for now. Or, rather, keep you at arm's length. I think that trusting anyone this early on is a bad idea lol.

I literally said that Rae is a villager and apparently that's neutral?

FeelsIgnoredMan

1 minute ago, STINK said:

I literally said that Rae is a villager and apparently that's neutral?

FeelsIgnoredMan

Yeah, good point, I guess. IDK.

Anyway, I really need to think of who to vote.

Also, all y'all lurking, you should really post or something. Your silence isn't helping my paranoia xD

12 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Reads:

Yeah I was trying to be clever, but did I succeed is the real question. Also, what do you mean by NAI?

Honestly, if STINK was an elim, I doubt he'd be whining about being ignored. So I'm getting a village or truthless read on him. 

Or, perhaps, Stink's playing us all for fools and he IS actually an elim!

But really, jokes aside, Rae's observation has made me slightly suspicious of Jebus and Flash, and I was already somewhat suspicious of Sif lol, but I will admit Sif can easily be a part of the village and I'm just being dumb. Eh. We'll wait and see.

How many elims are there in this game?

This is probably the last time I will be on for a while, I have no idea if the place I am going has internet, and if it does I will be working off of a tiny screen, so I might be able to read the thread but not really post, at least until Sunday.

winter gets my vote for her whole IKYK about the truthless.

4 hours ago, winter devotion said:

But let's consider the chance I'm lying and that I actually am Truthless. This is a suspicious for a Truthless because people will tend not to vote for someone they think will get them killed. Therefor, I could be an eliminator and using reverse pyschology to get people to not vote for me. However that in turn is obvious and could lead me to being rolescanned.

The fact I am a Truthless would be revealed, unless, of course, the role scan volunteer was an Eliminator as well or just lying. Anyone who reveals their status as a role scanner is also at risk for being eliminator killed. An eliminator would not want to kill someone they suspect of being Truthless because that means villagers won't have a chance for being mass killed by a wrong lynch. The Truthless in this case being hypothetically me.

How do we know the Truthless isn't also an eliminator? We don't. Ergo, both me being an eliminator and Truthless could be true. But would an eliminator voluntarily bring suspicion upon themself this early in the game? 

Now for something entirely different. What if there is a secret survival role? I highly doubt there is, but let's assume I am this survival role for the sake of this discussion. Faking a Truthless reveal and then taking it back would value me, as villagers would be cautious to lynch me in case I wasn't lying the first time, and for the same reason as before, Eliminators would hesitate. If they have a role scan, they could use it on me and kill someone else this turn. 

But if I am a survival role, which they would find out by role scanning me, they have nothing to lose by PMing me and making me a de facto eliminator. I wouldn't want to tell the thread who they were because they would kill me the next cycle as revenge, and there's usually a few left surviving villagers when the eliminators win. 

The way to confirm I'm not any of these things (Eliminator, Survival, or Truthless) is by A. Rolescanning me B. Lynching me or C. Trusting me when I say I'm a vanilla villager. A means a role scanner reveals themself or risks having multiple people waste their turns on scanning me. Or a role scanner PMs me telling me what they are. However if I am an Eliminator, I would just use that to kill them. They could tell someone else what they're doing and use that as insurance in case I am an Eliminator and kill them, but they could accidentally PM an actual eliminator. They could scan me and then tell the thread what they did the next day, but that risks multiple people scanning the same person.

B. I clearly don't want to be lynched and the chance of me being a Truthless makes it rather risky. Go ahead and lynch me, but anyone who votes on me is risking it. Is the 1/4 chance I'm an Eliminator worth it? If I was a secret survival role, would I be encouraging this? 

C. Trusting me is stupid. This is Sanderson Elimination. 

I'd say lynching me as of now is a risky choice at best, but having laid out most of what I can figure about my own position-- feel free to add your own two cents-- you can chose.

Edit: @Paranoid King What would be the merit of concealing the fact I'm Truthless after admitting it? I don't have a little brother (Outside of injokes with a certain group of friends), and unfortunately my one older sibling is not interested in Brandon Sanderson. 

etc. etc. I doubt I will be able to remove this, unfortunately.

Catch yalater.

31 minutes ago, STINK said:

the classic 'stink doesn't exist' read list

You know what, you're actually right about this :o

Eternum seems more villagery by the post. Rae's village lean. Winter makes a good point about stink 'whining about being ignored'. But Winter herself I'm not trusting atm. As a villager that is. 

Edit: @winter devotion oops sorry

Edited by Megasif

3 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

This is probably the last time I will be on for a while, I have no idea if the place I am going has internet, and if it does I will be working off of a tiny screen, so I might be able to read the thread but not really post, at least until Sunday.

winter gets my vote for her whole IKYK about the truthless.

etc. etc. I doubt I will be able to remove this, unfortunately.

Catch yalater.

I dunno how to reply to this? 
EDIT: and I'm not a him, Megasif

Edited by winter devotion

Actually I think I will change my vote from winter to ecthelion for the slip-up with the squire, I got my alignment highlighted in green in my pm, and I assume everyone else did, which leaves absolutely no reason why ecth would say Squire.

The IKYK Truthless thing Winter did was smart imo. Interesting. I don't think they're Elim. I might be wrong, but again, I have a gut feeling about them.

also.. I'm on mobile. How do I change the color of the text?