Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P   38 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P

• A Joe in the Forest
    • A Joe in the Court

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

465 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Note that while I commend you for trying to get Burnt to be active, it is very much not unusual for her to try to go under the radar. If you want a read on her, I suggest PMs. :P 

Oh yea.

I live in pms. They my home. I have fun in pms. Also i sometimes actually logic in pms. Its not all silly chaos, promise! :1 just. Expect some off topic babble. And if im tired, expect a looooot of babbling. Tired babble can be very game relevant and paranoia driven!

@Elbereth While I agree with you in general, there might be a place for the CC during future meetings. Since there will likely be a disparity between the numbers of the two threads, one of them cannot effectively pressure a lynch, and thus cannot get super useful information. I haven't voted this cycle because there isn't really much point in it, unless I want to get involved in the Court. However, if my thread (or whichever has fewer people) went for a CC bandwagon, it would pressure more people from the Court thread to vote, similar to the lynch on Joe during LG35.

2 hours ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

aha i sneaky. lets see if i can avoid being caught.

0% itrust you, 100%die, 50% dunno

Court:

1. Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)49%
  2. Elbe (Elbereth) - Dragonslayer  50% 
  3. Budgie (A Budgie) 50% havent been paying attention to them at all 
  4. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf) - Crismns fun,  i like her. As for allignment,  
  5. Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti) -im good, just messing around for the most part so far
  6. Clanky (Clanky) 50%
  7. Anwir (Drake Marshal) - yea seems fine so far. is making me talk. 43%
  8. Anansi (Metacognition) 50%has done nada apparently
  9. John (Winter Devotion) - Student
  10. Small Large (Stink) - Medium well. weid=rd for allignmenty stuff. seems okay. I personally think hemakes a fine medium, though, ifhes not really working with the other medium, well, i dunno. collaboration sounds like something they should be doing
  11. Lyren (Droughtbringer) 50% quiet ithink
  12. Shqueeves (Shqueeves) 50% i havent ever talked to this person before i dont think. hello person!
  13. Pickle (asterion) 50%
  14. Lopen (TheMightyLopen) 41% thisismoresobased off my pm interaction with him rather than the thread stuff. seems to seem like a nice Lopen so far. 
  15. Tarek (Randuir) 44% seems fine?
  16. BrightnessRadiant 50% dunno
  17. Ecthelion  50% *will look into later methinks. 
  18. Bart Allen (Flash) 45% hasnt been participating in lynch, but has promised better involvement in future.

Whelp hopefully nothing important was said in that section of class!  practical time now so def no more analysis from me, so heres this half baked list.

Hello Crispy Spaghetti! I don't believe I've had the pleasure of talking with you. That will probably change in the near future

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

@Elbereth While I agree with you in general, there might be a place for the CC during future meetings. Since there will likely be a disparity between the numbers of the two threads, one of them cannot effectively pressure a lynch, and thus cannot get super useful information. I haven't voted this cycle because there isn't really much point in it, unless I want to get involved in the Court. However, if my thread (or whichever has fewer people) went for a CC bandwagon, it would pressure more people from the Court thread to vote, similar to the lynch on Joe during LG35.

Interesting. Fair point, and I don't have an issue with that - because the point of it is to generate discussion, unlike usually, which it would. I'd prefer the Wood to proffer an actual candidate rather than a CC lynch, but it's still a fair possibility. 

39 minutes ago, TheMightyLopen said:

That's because players were asking me about last cycles lynch!

Fair point about me not voting until late in the Day. I did want to get a vote/solid suspicion up earlier, I just wasn't able to find anyone I thought was very suspicious. I don't see how that is anti-lynch though, which is what you were accusing me of. Not having solid suspicions doesn't mean I'm against others going after theirs if they have them.

I can agree with putting pressure on a player without wanting them dead. And again, all of these posts were about D1, so you can't really say I've been anti-lynch.

I'm not sure why you're so set on voting on me. So far you've given 2 reasons for being suspicious of me(Flash, and me being anti-lynch) that haven't been real reasons to be suspicious of me, and now you're laying down completely different accusations after I ask you to explain how I've been anti-lynch. Feels like you're just looking for reasons to be suspicious of me at this point.

Sure I'm not saying I've got the best reasoning for my vote on you. You are just the most suspicious from what I've been able to see of the first few turns. I'm approaching being at work for 14 hours now today so haven't had time to do much in the way of getting a read on everyone. So my best bet was to focus on something and you were what I had at the time. So sure I may have made a bigger deal out of my suspicions than what I really had and I definitely was way too focused on you mostly cause I didn't have time to find any better suspicions.

SO best to focus on one thing (which ended up being you) and stick too it. But I didn't want to let you know I wasn't too serious cause then you could just ignore me. Sorry for the rambling and the poor participation, super tired but hopefully not long till I'm not working like crazy and can go back to devoting too much time to SE.

Edited by Clanky
EDIT: Accisdentaly posted in the middle of a sentence cause im smart like that

18 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Suspicious of @BrightnessRadiant for clarifying that Ecth's vote on her was NAI...we know :P I don't see why you had to say that. If Ecth turns out to be an Elim later on then welp xD

I know you know :P but there are a lot of players on here who aren't on the SE discord or aren't very active there at least ;) so I was just stating it for everyone to realize that Ecth would do this whether he was good or bad haha. (because he votes me chancellor in Secret Hitler every game haha)

@Crimsn-Wolf don't worry about not responding to rp! It's just for fun anyways. ;) 

@A Budgie thanks for the character description. :ph34r: (adds you to the list of people to doodle)

@Ecthelion III Thankyou for explaining your day 1 actions dear :P Ecthelion I'm not entirely sure of your innocence, but I'm not sure your action was meant in an evilish way heh. *crosses fingers and hopes not lol

Tbh I don't know that I think Drake is evil, which is a little odd considering that I've suspected him of being an elim in every game except the last MR (where I still acted like I didn't trust him cuz I was a Son of Honor and was trying to get him killed haha). He has seemed a lot more fun oriented this game, and I'd like him to stay for a while longer heh.

That being said my other suspicion is Clanky. Stay tuned though, Imma go do some analysis. (you're welcome @randuir haha. You asked for it, now you're gonna get overload, Brightness style.) ;) 

Edit: wow Ninja'd by like 4 people...including Clanky heh

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

18 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

Hello Crispy Spaghetti! I don't believe I've had the pleasure of talking with you. That will probably change in the near future

Expect a pm tonight :1

Huh. I thought i wouldnt have time to post heh xD and i keep posting xD whelp!

Okay so I think that Drake is in the lead with 3 votes and then Ecth with 2. @Darkness Ascendant any real reason you're voting for a court member instead of one of your own? I'm not gonna have time to post my year long analysis before cycle ends and I'm just trying to figure out what to do about the lynch. :/ hmmmm Since I removed my vote from Ecth then I basically doomed Drake to die. Not sure either of them are evil personally, but also unsure whether enough people would be online to change the lynch choice.

First off, I am sorry for the inactivity. I don't really have much time at all right now with irl things, especially in the last few days.

Here are some random reads I have because someone asked for them in hopes of making me active. 

1. Sean (Polkinghornbd) - Inactive
  2. Reginald Canuk (Dalinar Kholin) - Nothing I see really stands out to me but I guess that's pretty normal for me to look over just about everything except a few posts.
  3. Marv (Hemalurgic Headshot) - Didn't see much stuff, neutral for now
  4. Kintas (Jondesu) - Nothing really stands out to me.
  5. Rendren (cloudjumper) - Inactive
  6. Koru (Doc12) - Medium - Neutral. I think he is who he says he is.
  7. Jordren (Majestic) -  Not much on him. 
  8. Araris Valerian (Araris Valerian) - Lots of action with him. I don't think any of it is particularly incriminating. Does the early vote on PK mean anything? Maybe maybe not.
  9. Noah (Eternum) - Probably village. I don't see much value in an Elim claiming Ysengrin day one. Also didn't Doc say something about asking the real Ysengrin to kill Eternum?
  10. Fess (Arinian) - Inactive
  11. . . . (Lady of Chaos) - Inactive I think
  12. Tautali Laust (Megasif) - There was one part where he said that he guessed that no Elims took part in the PK lynch and it feels a little weird to me. I don't think this means much though.
  13. Centaurus (Darkness Ascendant) - Not much in the way of analysis from him I think. Something about a conspiracy? Later retracted that. Don't think it's alignment indicative.
  14. Stick (Stick) - Protector - Actions don't seem suspicious so far to me.

If you couldn't tell I don't really have many suspicions as of now. 

Also thoughts on Contribution Crusades:

I'm always opposed to contribution crusades because it doesn't really give any info while making it easy for Elims to show up and vote without attracting attention. In my experience they just haven't worked well. 

On 14/08/2017 at 9:24 PM, randuir said:

Okay, I promised I would talk about my own suspicions, and though I'd prefer to get some sleep first, I should get these out as there's been very little in the way of discussion in the court side (with the exception of Orlok, that is).

So, my 2 main suspicions right now are @Ecthelion III and @TheMightyLopen.

What struck me as potentially suspicious about Ecthelion where his insistence on a non-Stink medium choice and his push for a lynch based on little discussion. For the fiirst point, it isn't his quick vote for Brightness, but rather his insistence that it shouldn't be STINK. Most notably, this post:

At this point, Brightness was the only person that hadn't pushed herself forward, and she had only made one post up till now, and didn't in any way indicate (afaik) that she wanted to be the medium. Essentially, he's throwing suspicions on all others but his own suggestion, while his own suggestion does not seem particularity interesting either, as the person in question hadn't shown any indication to wan ting to be the medium, or for that matter, had shown any sign that she was less likely to be an elim than the other candidates.

The second point was Ecth's attempts to get a lynch on Shqueeves going. Wanting to get a lynch going isn't a bad idea in and of itself, but targeting someone in the name of the crusade was fairly unlikely to get us any information, nor was it very likely to result in the death of an elim. It seems slightly more likely to me that Ecth might have been an elim trying to ensure a villager got lynched D1.

Regarding Lopen, it's one post in particular that stood out to me:

I'm sure I say this at least once per game, but someone stating support for a lynch while not actively voting themselves always makes me wonder wether they are an elim trying to get a villager lynched while staying outside of the spotlight themselves when people later look at that lynch.

I'm going to vote Ecth for now. I'll try to do a full pass on everyone from the court thread before this cycle is doone, but I can't promise anything.

Lynch Vote tally

Drake(1): Orlok

Dalinar(1): Majestic(technically not yet retracted)

Majestic(0): Dalinar

Eternum(0): Jondesu

Jondesu(1): eternum

Ecth(1): Randuir

@randuir, in my PM with Ecthelion last cycle, he gave "wanting to test the vote minimum" as his reason for voting on Shqueeves. I'm in two minds on him. Objectively, his actions are suspicious, and seem counterproductive to the village. Equally, Ecthelion is an experienced player, and I can't see him wanting to draw the sort of attention that a single vote on a player might give. I certainly wouldn't have done so, if I were evil. That said, it's possible that he could have considered a village death worth some degree of suspicion, and counted on us believing that it's too suspicious an action for an eliminator to make.

Lopen has been consistent in his suspicion of Drake - he brought it up during N1, in my PM with him, and said that he didn't find Ecthelion's actions suspicious. @TheMightyLopen, would you give your own position on @Ecthelion III, in greater detail?

During N1, I was getting a slightly village feel from Lopen in my PM with him, but going back over it, I'm no longer reading it as providing a village sense. Regardless, I'd rather lynch Ecthelion over Lopen, and keep Lopen engaged, and so providing material to analyse.

On 14/08/2017 at 10:23 PM, BrightnessRadiant said:

Okay, I was getting ready to start an art project, but I need to take some time to write out my thoughts thus far :P

1. I'm for lynching someone from the Court since we've not had a lynch yet.

2. It pains me to say it, but Ecthelion gave me a weird vibe when I read through that first day cycle. :/ Why would you want a contribution crusade lynch on Day 1 when it would literally provide zero info? Shqueeves hadn't even posted yet iirc. And I didn't see anything wrong with a Stink for Medium vote.....even if I was very flattered by the nomination. :P Tbh I'd make a terrible Medium cuz I'm still trying to figure out what's going on and keep up with one thread. I don't think I could handle 2. 

3. I was also suspicious of Drake and Clanky for saying we should all take the test day 1... sounds like a nice way to get a bunch of people to hop threads while you stay behind and rule the court :P (I'm aware that it was Stink's suggestion, but I'm pretty positive he was joking lol)

4. I do think we should get a good vote going now since last cycle we had little to no discussion and we need this.

@Ecthelion III I'm willing to move my vote dear, if you explain your actions day 1 :P (please don't hold it against me...I still need a date for the dance haha xD)

Vote BrightnessRadiant for Homecoming Queen please! ;)

Oh and also @TheMightyLopen I'm watching you :ph34r:

Welcome Flash! And welcome all of our forest frienemies to the meeting! :D

@BrightnessRadiant, why would the contribution crusade lynch be on Shqueeves if he had posted? :P

More seriously, I'd like to see greater explanation of this "weird vibe" you've had. Was it anything beyond the contribution crusade advocation? I have no doubt that the two of you spoke in PMs - what were your thoughts on Ecthelion from his PMs?

Given @Drake Marshall and @Clanky's posts this cycle, do you remain suspicious of them? Given your vote remains on Ecthelion, we must presume that you remain suspicious of him, but I'd be interested in seeing the progression of your thoughts from this day cycle.

On 15/08/2017 at 1:23 AM, TheMightyLopen said:

Okay, so, here's how I'm currently feeling about the Court players. Just my gut feeling on the players who don't have explanations next to them.

Village: Budgie(got a PM with him and his posts read village to me), Clanky, BR, Ecthelion, Orlok(because I feel like if he were an elim, he'd have gone after someone besides Drake who he just killed C1 in the QF).

Elim/neutral: Elbereth, Drake, Burnt, Shqueeves(1 post, which I thought was kinda suspicious).

Kind of village, but not sure: Rand, Crimsn(initially was slightly suspicious of her, but her asking Aonar how much time was left in the night seemed like a village question, since an elim could ask in the doc. Tenuous reason to trust someone, I know).

Inactives: Meta, Drought, Asterion.

Flash - I feel like there's a 40% chance he's evil... :P

Stink - Medium(I guess I'm leaning more towards him being village turned neutral than elim).

I need to review more before I place a vote, but I'm leaning towards voting Drake, because I agree with Orloks reasoning.

@TheMightyLopen, would you explain why you consider Clanky, Brightness, and particularly Ecthelion to be villagers? What makes you more certain of Ecthelion's alignment than of Randuir's alignment? Given the points brought up against him, why are you going with your gut over a reasoned view, here?

On 15/08/2017 at 2:52 AM, Ecthelion III said:

Here's my reasoning for my actions yesterday. I nominated Brightness because we're best friends and also as a Discord-related joke (the strikethroughed Chancellor is a reference to a game we've played on there).

If you've played a lot of games with me in the past, you'll know that I am strongly against no-lynches, not only because they give us no information but also because one vote could potentially swing it. Though a Shqueeves lynch would give us little to no information, it would protect against vote swings and still not kill an active player. Along that same vein, I also wanted to test for a vote minimum, which we now know there is.

@Ecthelion III, you argue that no-lynch doesn't generate information, agree that contribution crusade lynches don't generate information, but want to prevent last minute vote swings, which are guaranteed to give us a great deal of information. I don't see why this is a sound course of action to pursue if you actually believe in generating information, rather than wish to establish a pretence of believing in generating information. I think that we can all agree that testing for a vote minimum is a terrible excuse for a vote, and hope you don't actually believe it to be a sensible thing to do.

On 15/08/2017 at 2:52 AM, Crimsn-Wolf said:

I have had a gut elim read on Drake Marshal since fairly early in the first cycle, and his posts have only made my suspicion grow for him. The way he went about his ploy to become Medium rubbed me the wrong way, and my suspicion only grew from there. Reading Orlok's post voicing his suspicions has only made me feel more sure of my own suspicions, and pm interactions has further increased my surety. I believe Drake is an Eliminator, and I would be very happy if we Courts-men could all come together and get him lynched today.

@Crimsn-Wolf, I'm glad to see you express, and commit to an opinion, but would appreciate you laying out your own suspicions. What in your interactions in your PM with Drake increased your suspicion, and what have you found suspicious from Drake's interactions in thread?

On 15/08/2017 at 3:01 AM, Clanky said:

I think I'm more in line with attempting to lynch a villager from the Forest than attempt to find a forester among us at least at this point of the game. There is a reason this game isn't two separate games so I'm not sure we should just treat this like two games that just happen to be in the same thread. 

Now with that said, I will admit that I haven't had time to read anything form the forest thread since the first couple hours of day 1. So I have no idea who is even all from the forest let alone who might be a good lynch target from there. My biggest suspect so far from the court Lopen at the moment. He is been pretty vocally anti-lynch all game so far even though he is 40% flash is evil. That seems like enough confidence for at least a vote

@Clanky, at this point in the game, I think it incredibly important that we try to lynch a court member. If we don't, how do you propose we go about the day three lynch in the court thread? Yes, we'll have two eliminator kills by that point, but nothing linking those kills to players, which makes them of very limited use in determining alignments of players remaining in the thread. I'm certainly suspicious of you for advocating a strategy that reduces information available to the court, in favour of one likely to encourage the woods to lynch our confirmed villagers if they have players online to conduct a hammer, or outnumber us in thread in future meets.

23 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Some Q&A with Orlok. Thank goodness the shard doesn't make a seperate notification for every time somebody mentions you in a single post.

I agree that it makes sense to lynch a Court member. We need a lynch today, and lynching a forest villager would be kind of dumb. Although your particular choice for a Court member to lynch is obviously wrong :P

Now, in response to each of your mentions. For convenience, I'll just number these instead of individually quoting them:

1. The "safe lynch" idea is sensible. Flash, welcome to the "safe lynch" party.

2. Why did I put myself forward as medium? Because it was boring to have a one candidate election. Especially when we apparently weren't lynching anyone D1, either (I think this is something to be regretted). Why can't we be more like the forest :( they're discussion was much more interesting. Also I dispute the assertion that it is inherently a good thing for somebody to have decided to run for mediumship before the game started. If you go off that and only that, you're basically just rolling the dice on your medium's alignment.

3. I've already told you this in a PM last cycle. But I understand why you would reach that conclusion, given the situation in MR23. I do not and never really did hold the allegation against you. Although I did contest it.

4.  You may have overlooked some of the posts where I advised against actually pursuing this course of action. I continued bringing up this strategy, because the fact that it is possible really rubs me the wrong way.

5. See above. I am very much geared towards finding unexpected scenarios that break things. I guess it just comes with being a computer programmer. Because seriously, that's like 80% of what programming is about. Of coarse I don't care about winning ratios. I've lost way more games than I've won in SE, and you still see me sticking around, don't you?

6. I never said I'm not planning to take the test myself. I am absolutely leaving that option open.

7. I know you don't approve of lynching inactives. I believe we may have talked about this a little in PM. A contribution crusade vote would be a weak lynch, but the alternative was no lynch at all. Which seriously, was a mistake. You may also notice that I didn't cast a vote in the contribution crusade... Am I not allowed to acknowledge a possibility without actually putting my full weight behind it?

2. I'd agree that we have a random alignment Medium (although Stink now appears to have been verified, unless both Doc and Stink are both eliminators in their respective threads), but I think that I'd rather trust that RNG than an individual putting themselves forward after they see their alignment, at a point where the eliminators have a significant motivation to ensure an eliminator Dragonslayer.

4/5. Interesting.  It is possible that I've misinterpreted you, and also possible that you're bringing up this strategy without agreeing with it in order to benefit from it without being culpable after everything goes wrong for the village. I think that's an unlikely strategy for you to take, though, and am more inclined to take you at your word that you do indeed only bring them up for gametesting purposes.

7. I would argue that no lynch at all is better than a contribution crusade lynch. In both situations, we get very little information, but with the contribution crusade lynch, we also lose a player, and likely a villager.

17 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

@randuir I know that in any normal game, any elim trying that stunt would be outed. But once again, there's the Test which is an automatic bailout mechanic.

@Ecthelion III, there is an automatic bailout mechanism, but one that costs the Court eliminators a player, in return for a single village life, which is a remarkably poor return on investment for any eliminator. 

9 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Anyways. Now that that's all cleared up, who is being evil?

Probably if I wanted to live I'd say ecth is evil, but to Braize with that. Time to practice the time-honored art of stirring things up.

I don't think ecth is evil. As much as he's been acting really weirdly imo, he was also the only one that pushed for a lynch. I really simply cannot see how that happens if he was an elim. To me, it looks very much like the elims must have all agreed to let a no-lynch fly last cycle.

Game started out with 17 players. Minus one villager it's at 16, plus one hollow faerie it's back at 17 (but the 17th doesn't reflect on original role distribution).

So, I'd say that probably means 3-4 eliminators. Best to assume 4 and be pleasantly surprised if its 3.

So lets exclude Flash from the candidates, 'cause Flash's odds at being of a given alignment are already known, plus he's new to our thread so we don't have a read.

Minus ecth too, because I just don't see it.

Also minus Drake, 'cause that guy has a really village vibe imo :P

Remaining candidates are below:

Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)

Elbe (Elbereth)

Budgie (A Budgie)

Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf)

Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti)

Clanky (Clanky)

Anansi (Metacognition)

John (Winter Devotion)

Small Large (Stink)

Lyren (Droughtbringer)

Shqueeves (Shqueeves)

Pickle (asterion)

Lopen (TheMightyLopen)

Tarek (Randuir)

BrightnessRadiant

I'm just doing some process of elimination, here. No pun intended.

Of these, lets take a closer look at them.

Orlok. Knowing his playstyle, I don't see any of his doings as alignment indicative yet. I wouldn't make a final assessment yet, so I'm throwing this out as a possible candidate.

Elbereth. Slightly leaning village. Probably not my first choice for a lynch this cycle,

Budgie. Hasn't been doing much but RP. And while I love RP, this means you have a neutral read. Not removing this from the candidate pool yet.

Crimsn. Mixed read, honestly. Encouraged inactives to come back, which I view as village-y. On the other hand, went with a no-lynch, and also displayed interest in who was appointed dragonslayer. Which tbh is a more suspicious role to be interested in than medium. Not taking off my list just this yet.

Burnt. Has been active, but nothing really sticks out to me. Honestly, after reading through all her posts, my gut says she is trying to fly under the radar. So far my top suspicion, I think.

Clanky. Hasn't been terribly active, and has given OOC explanation for it. I hope they come back to us. Not really a valid lynch candidate, at the moment.

Meta. Basically the same story as Clanky. Not a valid lynch.

Winter. Oh wait, winter's dead. I'm not going to make that mistake again.

STINK. Our medium. Original alignment unknown, but lynching him would be a rather poor decision right now.

Drought. Similar to Clanky and Meta. Not valid.

Shqueeves. Ecth tried to cc shqueeves. Seeing as that was on D1, I hold that it is almost 100% certain that if one is an eliminator, the other isn't. Because people don't bus on D1. That being said, not valid. Yet.

Asterion. Seriously, why is everybody in the Court so quiet? I figure with this many inactives, there's probably, like, 2 inactive elims. Not good. Still, not a valid candidate. Yet.

Lopen. Neutral read, I'd leave Lopen as a candidate.

Rand. Slight village read. But not so much a village read that I'm not keeping my eye on him.

Brightness. Neutral read. I don't think I've seen her do very much that is alignment indicative.

New list:

Budgie (A Budgie)

Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf)

Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti)

Lopen (TheMightyLopen)

BrightnessRadiant

Burnt. You've posted a good number of times, but I can't shake the feeling that you are doing your best to go unnoticed. Appearing to contribute and all that. Could you share some thoughts on today's lynch, maybe? I would be grateful.

@Drake Marshall, I don't see Ecthelion as having pushed for a lynch as village indicative. He didn't push for a lynch that would reveal any information at all, which is the salient point. 

I had a village read on @Burnt Spaghetti from my PM with her - she was acting so suspicious that I don't think she could possibly be evil. Any sane eliminator (and Burnt can be a good eliminator), would have been far more careful about how they came across.

5 hours ago, randuir said:

Sorry, going to have to make this a double post. Ecthelion (edited the tally above). I really don't like the fact that one of the votes involved with his lynch is coming from the forest.

@randuir, I don't think that's really alignment indicative. I don't know whether the forest have alignment scanners, but if they do, they haven't had time to scan a player from the Court, and so have no way of knowing Ecthelion's alignment. 

4 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Well, 5 hrs left. It's possible that I won't be posting again this cycle. We'll see, anyway. So lets just get this over with:

Hm. Well, first of all, I'd rather not die, if it's all the same to you. Because, you know, then I'll be dead. And really, I think I'm much better for discussion in a not-dead state.

And second of all, who doesn't like random tied votes? I've never really seen eye to eye with the gods of RNG, but lets give it a go. I can borrow a leaf from Alvron's book. Ecthelion.

I mean, really, I think Ecthelion is a poor lynch decision. But I'm more sure of my alignment than his, see. Anyway, the last time I said something like that, the other guy was actually evil. It happens.

Here's to hoping that our local "making everything boring" role isn't going to make this lynch boring. If they do, well, that'd be boring. So boring that I might have to go after them, if they were foolish enough to leave me alive.

That said. I'm probably dead anyway or whatever, RNG being what it is. So I'll just give some final thoughts:

Lopen's vote on me was undiluted bandwagonning, but it was trying to pretend it wasn't. That deserves scrutiny.

I still hold that Burnt is trying to fly under the radar. Seriously, I'd like to ask somebody to read through their posts, in the least. Dying wish?

Also, if anyone advocates a no-lynch again, please lynch them. No-lynch would be quite counterproductive at this stage.

Also, I'd like to register the complaint that it really isn't a positive factor for somebody to say they want medium before the game starts. That literally makes their alignment random, and I wonder why this could possibly be a good thing. And, seriously, if I were really an eliminator, why the braize didn't some of my elim buddies cement a proper counter bandwagon after I tried for medium? Seriously, y'alls need to think that one through.

If y'alls are so certain that the eliminators would have indeed made a bid for medium... Well, you know where to look next, don't you? There's an easy way to account for a lack of opposition. I somewhat doubt this is the case, but. If you dismiss it without thinking and watching closely, whatever comes your way is on your own head.

Also. If you are temporarily appointing a new medium. I think that provides a unique opportunity. Whoever gains temporary mediumship will learn the medium win condition, but it will be temporary so they will revert to their original win con soon after. I therefore strongly recommend for any temporary medium to disclose the medium win condition to everybody. Obviously, this is a matter of discretion, and if you believe it would be better for the good of your faction to keep this information secret, you should do so. But I would very seriously consider revealing this information. I believe this would benefit everybody, including the mediums. Because then, we could really trust them, and that they are what they say they are.

You will have to judge people for their actions, I think. Too often we look at people's explanations and overlook their actions.

So like, good luck. Peace out. I guess I'll be free to go terrorize Seonid's blackout game, then. ;)

@Drake Marshall, I'm torn on your alignment, now. I still think your actions are suspicious, but am getting a village sentiment from this post that makes me uneasy. Regardless, addressing your points, I don't think eliminators would counter-bandwagon on you, as it ties them too strongly to you, and think that suggesting Stink is evil strikes me of desperation or trying to cause the village confusion - Doc has verified his win-condition, which makes it unlikely that Stink is evil.

4 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

For some reason it won't let me edit my previous post to add color to my vote on Ecth.

@Shqueeves, why do you think Ecthelion is evil?

2 hours ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

aha i sneaky. lets see if i can avoid being caught.

0% itrust you, 100%die, 50% dunno

Court:

1. Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)49%
  2. Elbe (Elbereth) - Dragonslayer  50% 
  3. Budgie (A Budgie) 50% havent been paying attention to them at all 
  4. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf) - Crismns fun,  i like her. As for allignment,  
  5. Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti) -im good, just messing around for the most part so far
  6. Clanky (Clanky) 50%
  7. Anwir (Drake Marshal) - yea seems fine so far. is making me talk. 43%
  8. Anansi (Metacognition) 50%has done nada apparently
  10. Small Large (Stink) - Medium well. weid=rd for allignmenty stuff. seems okay. I personally think hemakes a fine medium, though, ifhes not really working with the other medium, well, i dunno. collaboration sounds like something they should be doing
  11. Lyren (Droughtbringer) 50% quiet ithink
  12. Shqueeves (Shqueeves) 50% i havent ever talked to this person before i dont think. hello person!
  13. Pickle (asterion) 50%
  14. Lopen (TheMightyLopen) 41% thisismoresobased off my pm interaction with him rather than the thread stuff. seems to seem like a nice Lopen so far. 
  15. Tarek (Randuir) 44% seems fine?
  16. BrightnessRadiant 50% dunno
  17. Ecthelion  50% *will look into later methinks. 
  18. Bart Allen (Flash) 45% hasnt been participating in lynch, but has promised better involvement in future.

Whelp hopefully nothing important was said in that section of class!  practical time now so def no more analysis from me, so heres this half baked list.

@Burnt Spaghetti, would you mind explaining your reads on those who you've placed away from the 50% mark, without providing explanation? Why am I slightly village to you? What did your interaction with Lopen comprise? What posts of Randuir have made him seem fine to you?

For my part, I'm suspicious of Ecthelion, Drake, and Clanky. I've laid out my suspicion of all of them above, but in summary:

Ecthelion's actions D1 strike me as very strange from a villager's perspective, and his explanations of his actions strike me as excuses rather than sound reasons.

Drake I read as very suspicious during my initial reading of D1, but my suspicion has been lessening with his last few posts, although his attempts to get us to lynch a likely village medium strike me as strange - at the moment, we can at least be reasonably certain that our Dragonslayer was chosen by the village.

I'm suspicious of Clanky for advocating a strategy that makes future meetings much less productive, and that ensures we go three cycles without having had an informed lynch in the Court.

I'm slightly wary of Lopen, and want to see more from him, but think Burnt is likely village, unless she's deliberately acting so suspicious as to avoid suspicion.

I wouldn't mind seeing any of the three above lynched, but want to see more of Drake, given my recent read of his posts, so will remove my vote from Drake, and add it to Ecthelion, given Clanky is highly unlikely to pick up a third vote in the next four minutes.

I don't have a problem with a tie, really - I've mentioned why Ecth's reasoning doesn't quite make sense in my last long post, but I don't really mind lynching Drake either. I think the reasons for lynching him are valid, and it would give me a fair bit of information (since several people expressed suspicion of him in PMs to me). 

Also, a last minute vote without much particular reasoning (since I don't have a strong opinion either way) isn't exactly a good idea for me, in my opinion. 

EDIT: Sigh. >> Ninja'd. 

Edited by Elbereth

And the day is over, folks. I just got home about 45 mins ago, so I need to do some catching up. With Joe not being able to help today this one might take a bit. Please sit tight, while I figure out who you murdered. :P Night should be up at the regular time, I can't guarantee a write-up, though.

"Even when overtures towards peace began, it seemed nothing could go right..."

[Write-up to be written.]

Ecthelion has been lynched! They were a Student!

Budgie, Lopen, Elbe, Small Large, Sean, Tautali Laust, Loc, Fess, Koru, Araris and Reginald have Disappeared!

It's night, so PMs are now open, unless you're one of the above. :P In which case you'll be hearing from me shortly. 

Player List:

Spoiler

Court:

1. Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)
  2. Elbe (Elbereth) - Dragonslayer
  3. Budgie (A Budgie)
  4. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf)
  5. Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti)
  6. Clanky (Clanky)
  7. Anwir (Drake Marshal)
  8. Anansi (Metacognition)
  10. Small Large (Stink) - Medium
  11. Lyren (Droughtbringer)
  12. Shqueeves (Shqueeves)
  13. Pickle (asterion)
  14. Lopen (TheMightyLopen)
  15. Tarek (Randuir)
  16. BrightnessRadiant
  17. Ecthelion - Student
  18. Bart Allen (Flash)

Woods:

1. Sean (Polkinghornbd)
  2. Reginald Canuk (Dalinar Kholin)
  3. Marv (Hemalurgic Headshot)
  4. The Inspector (Paranoid King) - Forest Dweller
  5. Kintas (Jondesu)
  6. Straw (Straw) - Forest Dweller
  7. Bart Allen (Flash) - Hollow Faerie
  8. Rendren (cloudjumper)
  9. Koru (Doc12) - Medium
  10. Jordren (Majestic)
  11. Araris Valerian (Araris Valerian)
  12. Noah (Eternum)
  13. Fess (Arinian)
  14. . . . (Lady of Chaos)
  15. Tautali Laust (Megasif)
  16. Centaurus (Darkness Ascendant)
  17. Stick (Stick) - Protector

Countdown:

red_1502942400.png

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Oh dear god.

Oh, come on.

I did NOT need Zeta's ability to activate right now. The first freaking meeting. Icry.jpg

BOTH our Mediums have a chance of changing alignments now. Man oh man.

btw Aonar there were 2 votes on me for Forest Medium, what happened there? There was only one other vote, and it was on Stick.

Oh come on! First i dont get the zeta role, and then i dont get to go to the nightmare zone?? :(

Not to mention that i was pming loke half of those peoplllleee aaaaargggh. Me saaaad.

So, the player list still here for this night is as follows:

Court:

1. Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)
  2. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf)
  3. Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti)
  4. Clanky (Clanky)
  5. Anwir (Drake Marshal)
  6. Anansi (Metacognition)
  7. John (Winter Devotion) - Student
  8. Lyren (Droughtbringer)
  9. Shqueeves (Shqueeves)
  10. Pickle (asterion)
  11. Tarek (Randuir)
  12. BrightnessRadiant
  13. Ecthelion - Student
  14. Bart Allen (Flash)

Woods:

1. Marv (Hemalurgic Headshot)
  2. The Inspector (Paranoid King) - Forest Dweller
  3. Kintas (Jondesu)
  4. Straw (Straw) - Forest Dweller
  5. Bart Allen (Flash) - Hollow Faerie
  6. Rendren (cloudjumper)
  7. Jordren (Majestic)
  8. Noah (Eternum)
  9. Centaurus (Darkness Ascendant)
  10. Stick (Stick) - Protector

Apologies, Ecthelion. Thoughts on the lynch to follow once I've had some sleep, and time to look through it.

54 minutes ago, Eternum said:

Oh dear god.

Oh, come on.

I did NOT need Zeta's ability to activate right now. The first freaking meeting. Icry.jpg

BOTH our Mediums have a chance of changing alignments now. Man oh man.

btw Aonar there were 2 votes on me for Forest Medium, what happened there? There was only one other vote, and it was on Stick.

Refer back to the rules. Removal of a Medium requires a majority vote, not just two. :P 

Aha, I see. Alright, that makes more sense than what I thought.

Yay I'm not dead!!!!

Or disappeared either. Zeta seems so powerful :huh:

I have hardly contributed at all too, so I'm sorry guys.

Anyway, mobile RP:

Jordren looked around. Where had everybody gone?

So he pulled out a sandwich to assist him in his philosophical thoughts.

@Elbereth When you're back from your holiday in lala-land, I'll have you know my puns shall not be hindered by your disapproval. In fact I shall try to make the barrage so large that the sheer amount will make you stagger (que: Oh deer).

Well....this sucks...

I was kind of hoping to PM a few of those peeps....

Welp....

That still leaves us with a fair amount of people. I was about to make a list of the peeps this turn @Orlok Tsubodai But I see you beat me to it :P 

OH @Aonar Faileas if say...all the "eliminators" were sent to Zeta, would that mean noone would be able to send the order in GM PM ergo, no elim kill? :ph34r:

@Burnt Spaghetti Dun worry, Centaurus will keep you entertained ;)  :P 

And apologies @Ecthelion III I was certain you'd be a Student eliminator :/ :(

@whoeveritwasthataskedmewhyIputavoteoncourt

I know what you are but what am I?

...Okay, it's not that I don't mind not having a 20% chance of dying, but I'd really have liked to see the nightmare zone. Also, a lot more forest has gone to the Zeta zone than court so, depending on how the RNG ends up, I'd say this might be in the favor of the court.

Edit: Apologies to Ecth. I might have retreated my vote in the end because I got somewhat suspicious of DA's vote, but I started the vote on you, so it's not like I'm not partly responsible.

Edited by randuir

2 minutes ago, randuir said:

...Okay, it's not that I don't mind not having a 20% chance of dying, but I'd really have liked to see the nightmare zone. Also, a lot more forest has gone to the Zeta zone than court so, depending on how the RNG ends up, I'd say this might be in the favor of the court.

Edit: Apologies to Ecth. I might have retreated my vote in the end because I got somewhat suspicious of DA's vote, but I started the vote on you, so it's not like I'm not partly responsible.

I just want to be there cos the fun people are there D:

I don't want to go there at all.

If it's a nightmare zone then the sandwiches will have pickles and mustard in them :o

(No I refuse to break character)

If it's a nightmare zone the sandwiches will have zucchini.

*Shudder*