Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P

• A Joe in the Forest
    • A Joe in the Court

This poll is closed to new votes

I mentioned this before, but I have a flight to catch tonight, so I probably won't be very active. Anyway, here's a read list

Village:

Eternum

Megasif

Doc

Slight village:

Majestic

Not sure/slight elim?:

HH

Dalinar

DA

Elim:

Araris

Jon

Inactive

Polkinghornbd

Arin

Chaos

think that's everyone. I'm sorry if it feels like I'm tunneling you, araris, but I have no other suspicions go to off of.

Okay, guys I'm back :P. I was inactive cause... let's just say that I was ill(of course if someone wants more details I can give them :D).

I just skimmed through thread and don't have any solid suspiciouns. But Dalinar's posts on first day felt off to me, soo... Dalinar.(No, I voting for him not cause he voted for me)

You missed @cloudjumper, Stick. He's inactive as well. I guess I have to agree with your village reads except Megasif, since you, Doc and Eternum have all been soft-cleared in my mind.

Maybe we should pass the Medium role onto Stick while Doc is gone? I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make though, since the Medium has a "neutral" win con that shouldn't affect us too much. The only thing we probably need to watch out for is an elim protector, which I doubt we have right now.

9 hours ago, randuir said:

Drake Marshall: I'm leaning slightly elim on Drake. Most of his posts seem to be quite Non-alignment indicative, but his throwing himself up as an alternate medium candidate could have been an elim ploy. In fact, I've got a hard time seeing that no elims tried to make at least a small attempt at getting one of their number to be the medium because of the potential power of having the dragon-slayer role on their side.

I think that the elims trying to get a medium on their side would be too obvious of a choice for them to make. I'd understand at least an attempt, but just the attempt could bring suspicion down upon the player who is trying for medium (like with Drake). I feel like Drake is honestly just trying to be a secondary candidate. Plus an elim being medium/dragonslayer would almost guarantee that if one of them is found out that the other would be lynched shortly thereafter. 

9 hours ago, randuir said:

Elbereth: I'm leaning slightly village on Elbereth as well, for similar reasons as for Orlok. I don't consider either of them hard-cleared, or even soft-cleared, at this point, but I'd just as soon not lynch the players trying to get at least a bit of discussion going. One interesting thing of note I want to ask others about is this: What does it mean when someone asks about your reads in a PM, and one of the people this person asks for reads on isn't actually in the game? I'm assuming this was an honest mistake by Elbereth, but I want to check in case there are tons of stories out there of elims betraying themselves by a mistake like this.

I feel like it was just an honest mistake, I don't see how that would confirm someone as an elim either...

Well, Arinian.  @polkinghornbd @cloudjumper Where are you guys at? Also, Doc's post brings up an important concern. Do we want/need an active medium? Araris suggested stick as a possibility, with Flash out of the picture that'd be acceptable to me. Would you accept the role of medium stick if we the forest voted for you? @_Stick_

Firstly, Does anyone have a Vote count? I don't have time to go through the thread and collect it all. I'll probably be taking a break for dinner in the next couple of hours where I can give some time to this and wouldn't mind knowing where the votes are at. Thanks!

Secondly I have noticed a lot of people talking about not liking the contribution crusade idea (Lopen, DA, Orlok, and more I think) or just eliminating inactives/semi-inactives from vote candidates (Drake).  While I can understand not wanting to waste a lynch on someone inactive I also think that just ignoring people who aren't posting is a good way to encourage it. I know from experience that if I'm not entirely active I will at least post in response to a vote against me.

Sorry for being silent. Long story short, my sister's wedding is on Friday and is keeping me busy. I'm going to have spotty activity for the next few days.

With that out of the way, welcome Flash to the wonderful world of the court. I hope you enjoy it. 

As for Ecth's vote on me, here's how i see it: either (s?)he is a villager trying to get discussion out of an inactive, or an eliminator trying to lynch someone who will give no info to the village with their death. The way i see it, this game thrives on information, so wanting to lynch someone who will provide none is a very good idea.....if you're an eliminator. As such, i will place my vote on Ecth (I'm on mobile, so pretend it's red) because they want to push for a lynch devoid of info on day1.

51 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

Well, Arinian.  @polkinghornbd @cloudjumper Where are you guys at? Also, Doc's post brings up an important concern. Do we want/need an active medium? Araris suggested stick as a possibility, with Flash out of the picture that'd be acceptable to me. Would you accept the role of medium stick if we the forest voted for you? @_Stick_

I could. I'm travelling, though I'm pretty sure I'll have internet access 

Clanky, that's more or less the point of the Contribution Crusade. Except I personally don't think it's a good way of promoting activity. Just PMing players and asking them to be active is a much better idea imo.

Anyway, first order of business is whether to pick a new medium or not in Doc's absence. I personally think we should, if only to have someone to fill in the spot while they're gone. Then, when they return we can give them the role back. I would like to nominate myself as Medium for a couple of reasons. First, the Protector I choose (which will probably be Stick lmao) will have a much easier time keeping me alive, as I can protect myself :P

Second, I've been one of the more active and vocal players of the Woods (All from a banged-up Nokia Lumia. Hold your applause, please :P), and I think being able to post in the Court thread too will prove to be an outlet for my excess of energy. But no really, I think that I can prove to be a good medium, bridging the gap between the Court and Woods yadda yadda. (I really should be taking this more seriously, sorry. But I would also like to mention that since Ysengrin had been acting as Coyote's Medium for a long time in the comics, until Annie became the Medium, this also kind of fits canon?)

If you read through the mess that is this post, be careful. It's dangerous to go alone, take this TL;DR!

So, I want to be Medium. I think I can do a good job, I'll be way less of a hassle to my Protector, I'm pretty much (but not really) confirmed Gillitie and it's canon, I guess.

Forgive my seemingly drunken ramblings, I'm half asleep.

Oh yeah I forgot, Eternum

Edited by Eternum

7 hours ago, Clanky said:

Yep, i'm fine leaving my vote where it is. THe flash statement was only secondary to all the weird anti-lynch stuff Lopen has been saying in almost every post. I don't see why a villager would want to suppress lynches except perhaps the first cycle.

What weird anti-lynch stuff??? In one post at the end of Day 1, I said I'd be okay with not having a lynch. When have I ever mentioned not wanting a lynch this Cycle? I've explained my reasoning for the post about not wanting a lynch D1, but that's only because Orlok asked me about it. Please read back through my posts this Cycle. I'd very much appreciate you removing your vote once you do, since none of the reasons you've given for suspecting me are even valid.

I mentioned earlier that I'd likely vote Drake, but that I wanted to review some more before I did so. Well, I'm busy right now, and I'm gonna be busy for pretty much the rest of the day, so I'm just going to put my vote down and try to get to reviewing later. Hopefully before the Day ends.

4 minutes ago, Megasif said:

I think that's a sensible compromise. Eternum.

Since we're voting because of an inactive medium, then stick will be mostly inactive as well. So I see no sense in voting stick atm for medium. 

Stick says that she'll have internet while she's traveling, so she'll be able to contribute still. We can trust Stick isn't an Elim, due to the unlikelihood that both Doc and Flash(who we know is village) both chose her as protector. Eternum is a good choice, however. I'll have to think over that.

Concerning the lynch, I'm not sure what road we should take. If we don't lynch anyone, that leaves an opportunity for the elims to make a kill. However, lynching someone from the other thread risks invoking aggression from them. I recall someone proposing that to prevent hostilities, members only vote against members of their own thread. There are problems with that, sure, but it is a good compromise at the moment. Stable diplomacy is a good thing. At the moment, an inactive lynch might be a good thing to consider if no major candidate is brought forward. 

Someone asked for a vote tally.

Lynch Vote tally

Drake(3): Orlok, Crimsn, Lopen

Ecth(2): Randuir, Brightness, DA

Lopen(1): Clanky

Burnt(1): Drake

Araris(1): Stick

Dalinar(1): Majestic, Arinian

Arinian(0): Dalinar

Majestic(0): Dalinar

Eternum(0): Jondesu

Jondesu(0): eternum

This is probably going to be my last post this cycle. For those wondering, ties are resolved randomly (so one of the people in the tie is lynched at random).

Edited by randuir

Well, 5 hrs left. It's possible that I won't be posting again this cycle. We'll see, anyway. So lets just get this over with:

4 minutes ago, randuir said:

Sorry, going to have to make this a double post. Ecthelion (edited the tally above). I really don't like the fact that one of the votes involved with his lynch is coming from the forest.

Hm. Well, first of all, I'd rather not die, if it's all the same to you. Because, you know, then I'll be dead. And really, I think I'm much better for discussion in a not-dead state.

And second of all, who doesn't like random tied votes? I've never really seen eye to eye with the gods of RNG, but lets give it a go. I can borrow a leaf from Alvron's book. Ecthelion.

I mean, really, I think Ecthelion is a poor lynch decision. But I'm more sure of my alignment than his, see. Anyway, the last time I said something like that, the other guy was actually evil. It happens.

Here's to hoping that our local "making everything boring" role isn't going to make this lynch boring. If they do, well, that'd be boring. So boring that I might have to go after them, if they were foolish enough to leave me alive.

That said. I'm probably dead anyway or whatever, RNG being what it is. So I'll just give some final thoughts:

Lopen's vote on me was undiluted bandwagonning, but it was trying to pretend it wasn't. That deserves scrutiny.

I still hold that Burnt is trying to fly under the radar. Seriously, I'd like to ask somebody to read through their posts, in the least. Dying wish?

Also, if anyone advocates a no-lynch again, please lynch them. No-lynch would be quite counterproductive at this stage.

Also, I'd like to register the complaint that it really isn't a positive factor for somebody to say they want medium before the game starts. That literally makes their alignment random, and I wonder why this could possibly be a good thing. And, seriously, if I were really an eliminator, why the braize didn't some of my elim buddies cement a proper counter bandwagon after I tried for medium? Seriously, y'alls need to think that one through.

If y'alls are so certain that the eliminators would have indeed made a bid for medium... Well, you know where to look next, don't you? There's an easy way to account for a lack of opposition. I somewhat doubt this is the case, but. If you dismiss it without thinking and watching closely, whatever comes your way is on your own head.

Also. If you are temporarily appointing a new medium. I think that provides a unique opportunity. Whoever gains temporary mediumship will learn the medium win condition, but it will be temporary so they will revert to their original win con soon after. I therefore strongly recommend for any temporary medium to disclose the medium win condition to everybody. Obviously, this is a matter of discretion, and if you believe it would be better for the good of your faction to keep this information secret, you should do so. But I would very seriously consider revealing this information. I believe this would benefit everybody, including the mediums. Because then, we could really trust them, and that they are what they say they are.

You will have to judge people for their actions, I think. Too often we look at people's explanations and overlook their actions.

So like, good luck. Peace out. I guess I'll be free to go terrorize Seonid's blackout game, then. ;)

1 hour ago, TheMightyLopen said:

What weird anti-lynch stuff??? In one post at the end of Day 1, I said I'd be okay with not having a lynch. When have I ever mentioned not wanting a lynch this Cycle? I've explained my reasoning for the post about not wanting a lynch D1, but that's only because Orlok asked me about it. Please read back through my posts this Cycle. I'd very much appreciate you removing your vote once you do, since none of the reasons you've given for suspecting me are even valid.

I mentioned earlier that I'd likely vote Drake, but that I wanted to review some more before I did so. Well, I'm busy right now, and I'm gonna be busy for pretty much the rest of the day, so I'm just going to put my vote down and try to get to reviewing later. Hopefully before the Day ends.

Most of your posts this turn have mentioned something about the last cycles lynch. Firstly last cycle you talked about wanting to get the lynch discussion early this cycle. But then you didn't post your first vote until there was less than 10 hours left in the cycle on the player who was already leading in the lynch. 

Then there was saying you didn't want to kill shqueevs, just get his attention, but was against contribution crusade lynches D1. So you were fine with the vote on Shqueeves in order to get him to be active but not kill him in a contribution crusade. Basically it seems like you are playing both sides/changing your opinion about that potential lynch. Or wanted to seem in support of killing someone who happened to be a fellow eliminator while not actually killing them?

That's basically what I've got. It seems like an odd stance taken on the lynch overall and Shqueeves in which you don't really choose a side. 

2 hours ago, Eternum said:

Clanky, that's more or less the point of the Contribution Crusade. Except I personally don't think it's a good way of promoting activity. Just PMing players and asking them to be active is a much better idea imo.

What I meant was that you can vote on an inactive/lurker to get there attention without pushing hard for a lynch. A single vote on someone doesn't equate to a lynch but it can get someone to pay attention. Plus there isn't any PMs in the day this game which are 48Hrs long, which is a long time to have someone inactive for.

4 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Burnt. Has been active, but nothing really sticks out to me. Honestly, after reading through all her posts, my gut says she is trying to fly under the radar. So far my top suspicion, I think..

New list:

Budgie (A Budgie)

Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf)

Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti)

Lopen (TheMightyLopen)

BrightnessRadiant

Burnt. You've posted a good number of times, but I can't shake the feeling that you are doing your best to go unnoticed. Appearing to contribute and all that. Could you share some thoughts on today's lynch, maybe? I would be grateful.

*chuckles* cause it's not like i dont always try fly under the radar and avoid having to participate in lynches heh. Though I'm having more fun doing it this game hehe. I think it was rand? Who has put me as chaotic neutral in their list. Heh. Chaotic :) thats my characters new first bame methinks! CB. Chaotic Burnt! Sounds delightfully fun!

Thoughts on todays lynch? Well. Uhh..... thoughts.......... um...... *shrugs?* ots too early in the morning for me to have thoughts.  But lets see... uh.... whats even happening with that. Havent really been following heh. Whelp *stretches*. Time to start scrolling i guess.

Hm. So docs gonna be inactive for the night eh? Mm. A new forest medium could make sense then, at least for now. Sad. I approved the doc mediumship.

The whole 2 threads one lynch thing. It weird.  I think having a court thread lynch makes sense though. Since we've lost less players. But then, forest is welcome to kill more of their ranks, i won't complain :P

Mm. Whelp. Just arrived at uni. Sigh. Well. I wont be on much more for the rest of my today. Cause im sleeping when i get home. And is a long day... so. Sorry. Probably wanted a bigger post didncha? Well. I guess i should start a percentage list or two shouldnt i... well. *yawns* when im home and properly awake. So maybe in 15hrs time. Maybe.  *shrugs* maybe ill get a moment during uni to pop on.

Hmm guess I can make another post. Yay.

For some reason it won't let me edit my previous post to add color to my vote on Ecth.

Hmmm...

Yeah, I think I actually was serious about the whole tie thing. Alvron, you were right, as it turns out. I've been converted to RNG.

Ecthelion.

22 minutes ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

*chuckles* cause it's not like i dont always try fly under the radar and avoid having to participate in lynches heh. Though I'm having more fun doing it this game hehe. I think it was rand? Who has put me as chaotic neutral in their list. Heh. Chaotic :) thats my characters new first bame methinks! CB. Chaotic Burnt! Sounds delightfully fun!

Thoughts on todays lynch? Well. Uhh..... thoughts.......... um...... *shrugs?* ots too early in the morning for me to have thoughts.  But lets see... uh.... whats even happening with that. Havent really been following heh. Whelp *stretches*. Time to start scrolling i guess.

Hm. So docs gonna be inactive for the night eh? Mm. A new forest medium could make sense then, at least for now. Sad. I approved the doc mediumship.

The whole 2 threads one lynch thing. It weird.  I think having a court thread lynch makes sense though. Since we've lost less players. But then, forest is welcome to kill more of their ranks, i won't complain :P

Mm. Whelp. Just arrived at uni. Sigh. Well. I wont be on much more for the rest of my today. Cause im sleeping when i get home. And is a long day... so. Sorry. Probably wanted a bigger post didncha? Well. I guess i should start a percentage list or two shouldnt i... well. *yawns* when im home and properly awake. So maybe in 15hrs time. Maybe.  *shrugs* maybe ill get a moment during uni to pop on.

I mean, I dunno about a bigger post necessarily. Not everybody has time for that, I gotchu. But I would appreciate it if you'd share a read or two. Which you are still kinda avoiding doing.

When you are next able, I would appreciate it if you did so. Although my appreciation may have to be issued from beyond the grave.

Edited by Drake Marshall

32 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

I mean, I dunno about a bigger post necessarily. Not everybody has time for that, I gotchu. But I would appreciate it if you'd share a read or two. Which you are still kinda avoiding doing.

When you are next able, I would appreciate it if you did so. Although my appreciation may have to be issued from beyond the grave.

aha i sneaky. lets see if i can avoid being caught.

0% itrust you, 100%die, 50% dunno

Court:

1. Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)49%
  2. Elbe (Elbereth) - Dragonslayer  50% 
  3. Budgie (A Budgie) 50% havent been paying attention to them at all 
  4. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf) - Crismns fun,  i like her. As for allignment,  
  5. Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti) -im good, just messing around for the most part so far
  6. Clanky (Clanky) 50%
  7. Anwir (Drake Marshal) - yea seems fine so far. is making me talk. 43%
  8. Anansi (Metacognition) 50%has done nada apparently
  9. John (Winter Devotion) - Student
  10. Small Large (Stink) - Medium well. weid=rd for allignmenty stuff. seems okay. I personally think hemakes a fine medium, though, ifhes not really working with the other medium, well, i dunno. collaboration sounds like something they should be doing
  11. Lyren (Droughtbringer) 50% quiet ithink
  12. Shqueeves (Shqueeves) 50% i havent ever talked to this person before i dont think. hello person!
  13. Pickle (asterion) 50%
  14. Lopen (TheMightyLopen) 41% thisismoresobased off my pm interaction with him rather than the thread stuff. seems to seem like a nice Lopen so far. 
  15. Tarek (Randuir) 44% seems fine?
  16. BrightnessRadiant 50% dunno
  17. Ecthelion  50% *will look into later methinks. 
  18. Bart Allen (Flash) 45% hasnt been participating in lynch, but has promised better involvement in future.

Whelp hopefully nothing important was said in that section of class!  practical time now so def no more analysis from me, so heres this half baked list.

I was going to make this a short multiquote. I really was... >> 

On 8/14/2017 at 1:41 PM, Dalinar Kholin said:

Thanks mate :) @Majestic Also, I'm seeing almost nothing right now in terms of lynch discussion, and I've got little to contribute. I'd guess that at least two or three of the elim's are laying a very low profile (or possibly inactive). I'm trying to develop more suspicions on the more active people, but it's hard without more analysis posts. With that in mind, I propose a crusade. Arinian! "Show yourself, or I claim you life in forfeit"-Reginald shouted. @Arinian At the very least let's make it impossible for the elim's to hide among the inactives and get peoples activity up. I'm glad to discuss alternatives, but *shrug*.

...did you miss the part where there are actual plausible lynch targets today, and we've already discussed at length why lynching inactives this early and/or ever is not a good idea? Why would you propose a Crusade in light of that, exactly? 

On 8/14/2017 at 2:55 PM, Darkness Ascendant said:

He shook his head, no point to dwell on it, it was old news anyway. Light Years old. 

*twitches* DA... 

On 8/14/2017 at 5:23 PM, TheMightyLopen said:

Elim/neutral: Elbereth

One, elim/neutral is kind of a broad category. :P Two, why? :( 

23 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

If you've played a lot of games with me in the past, you'll know that I am strongly against no-lynches, not only because they give us no information but also because one vote could potentially swing it. Though a Shqueeves lynch would give us little to no information, it would protect against vote swings and still not kill an active player. Along that same vein, I also wanted to test for a vote minimum, which we now know there is.

As a few other people noted, this reasoning doesn't make sense. The vote swings comment has been dealt with - last minute doing so would be very suspicious and could not really give the elims any net positive. A vote minimum could also just be asked about, which is far less dangerous. Not killing an active player is fine, but killing active players is how we figure anything out about the game. I don't think the no-lynch disagreement because of vote swings applies here, and the reason for no information also applies in this lynch. If you actually wanted information or discussion, why not vote on an active player? That's how it usually happens, at least. 

I'm going to put the rest of my thoughts down at the bottom because I think they're important. 

15 hours ago, randuir said:

Elbereth: I'm leaning slightly village on Elbereth as well, for similar reasons as for Orlok. I don't consider either of them hard-cleared, or even soft-cleared, at this point, but I'd just as soon not lynch the players trying to get at least a bit of discussion going. One interesting thing of note I want to ask others about is this: What does it mean when someone asks about your reads in a PM, and one of the people this person asks for reads on isn't actually in the game? I'm assuming this was an honest mistake by Elbereth, but I want to check in case there are tons of stories out there of elims betraying themselves by a mistake like this.

*sigh* This is why I switched to actually looking at a player list very shortly afterwards. :P I personally can't think of an instance in which this happened or why it would be alignment-indicative, but I'm also not the person you're asking. :P 

13 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

“The point is, humans and the natural wild can indeed exist alongside each other *belches,” he suddenly started, rising from the bow and cutting Koru off. “But enough of that hippy dippy claptrap. Did you guys know...that once upon a time...the constellation Lupus, the Wolf, used to be considered an Asterism* (haha look an asterisk) of myself, Centaurus….Eratosthenes even saw Lupus as a wineskin held by yours truly. But of course, Coyote and his Demon Dogs come and spoil my fun and enslave the Wood. And of course, he couldn’t have Lupus to be a mere part of myself, who indeed used to be quite a powerful being *belches, then I….that be a story for another day. The day Reynardine, Ysengrin and Coyote came to the Wood was the day I was sundered from my stars, separated from my stellar companions, oh and Lupus became a constellation in its own right yeah, that happened. Still annoyed. Funny, the Babylons based Lupus on a figure of there’s...known as the Mad Dog...Uridimmu. Indeed...I was once a tutor...of course those better aspects of myself *belches, went to my other manifestation...Sagittarius.” He grumbled something about Ovid, “Indeed...many stars were once a part of me, many stars I was forced to sacrifice for other endeavours”

EDIT:(forgot me asterisk!!!) also @ElberethMaybe you'll like this one. EDIT: I guess you could say I want to be Alpha Dog...Alpha Centauri Dog
*an Asterism is a star pattern that isn't a constellation on its own right

...you are forgiven for using 'light year' as a unit of time. :P 

6 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Game started out with 17 players. Minus one villager it's at 16, plus one hollow faerie it's back at 17 (but the 17th doesn't reflect on original role distribution).

Burnt. You've posted a good number of times, but I can't shake the feeling that you are doing your best to go unnoticed. Appearing to contribute and all that. Could you share some thoughts on today's lynch, maybe? I would be grateful.

Note that you're not counting the Mediums there - there are 18 players in our thread counting Doc, but two of those are neutral. 

Note that while I commend you for trying to get Burnt to be active, it is very much not unusual for her to try to go under the radar. If you want a read on her, I suggest PMs. :P 

5 hours ago, Clanky said:

Secondly I have noticed a lot of people talking about not liking the contribution crusade idea (Lopen, DA, Orlok, and more I think) or just eliminating inactives/semi-inactives from vote candidates (Drake).  While I can understand not wanting to waste a lynch on someone inactive I also think that just ignoring people who aren't posting is a good way to encourage it. I know from experience that if I'm not entirely active I will at least post in response to a vote against me.

The difference is that you are at least somewhat active. Poking a semi-active to be more active is valid. Poking with the potential intent to lynch a complete inactive is different, and far less useful because it doesn't actually get a response. 

4 hours ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

Stick says that she'll have internet while she's traveling, so she'll be able to contribute still. We can trust Stick isn't an Elim, due to the unlikelihood that both Doc and Flash(who we know is village) both chose her as protector. Eternum is a good choice, however. I'll have to think over that.

I really truly have absolutely no idea why Stick having been chosen by villagers makes her not evil. (See: MR13, a confirmed good player choosing an eliminator to trust and give all their information to. (Note: it wasn't quite that simple, but that is essentially the effect of what happened.)) 

Contribution Crusade Thoughts

The thing about the Contribution Crusade isn't that it's effective. It's not, really. Semi-inactives can pay attention if a vote is dropped on them, but most inactives don't. It's a lynch that gives the village no information, either through alignment reveal or lynch discussion, and it isn't realy effective in bringing inactives back (particularly if they do have good reasons and just end up feeling annoyed, or if it's so early (for instance, in the first 48 hours of the game) that they feel they shouldn't have been lynched so soon. PMing players is far more useful and effective. 

What's nice about it is that it's easy. It's very, very easy to just drop a vote on an inactive player. You're contributing, you're voting, and the best thing is that they can't fight back. You won't get into a drawn-out argument. You won't get lynched yourself for it. It's an easy, non-alignment indicative reason to vote on someone. The Contribution Crusade means that you don't have to go to the trouble of actually thinking about the game, of actually finding something suspicious and fighting for a lynch because of it. 

The Contribution Crusade makes your life easier, because you don't have to think about the game if you use it as a crutch. 

That, I think, is why it's a bad thing, more than anything else. It's no-information and not very much engagement from anyone who participates, either. So please don't use it. 

3 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Lopen's vote on me was undiluted bandwagonning, but it was trying to pretend it wasn't. That deserves scrutiny.

It wasn't totally bandwagoning. Like Orlok mentioned, I told him in PM's last Night that I had some minor suspicion of you, and that you were really the only player I had any suspicion against at the time. I just didn't put my vote on you right away, because(I also told Orlok this), some of your posts later in the Day seemed more villagery, so I wanted to go back over things. I did read back through Day 1, but it was a quick readthrough, and it didn't really help me form solid opinions, so I just decided to add my vote to you since I didn't have a better lead and was still somewhat suspicious of you.

2 hours ago, Clanky said:

Most of your posts this turn have mentioned something about the last cycles lynch. Firstly last cycle you talked about wanting to get the lynch discussion early this cycle. But then you didn't post your first vote until there was less than 10 hours left in the cycle on the player who was already leading in the lynch. 

Then there was saying you didn't want to kill shqueevs, just get his attention, but was against contribution crusade lynches D1. So you were fine with the vote on Shqueeves in order to get him to be active but not kill him in a contribution crusade. Basically it seems like you are playing both sides/changing your opinion about that potential lynch. Or wanted to seem in support of killing someone who happened to be a fellow eliminator while not actually killing them?

That's basically what I've got. It seems like an odd stance taken on the lynch overall and Shqueeves in which you don't really choose a side. 

What I meant was that you can vote on an inactive/lurker to get there attention without pushing hard for a lynch. A single vote on someone doesn't equate to a lynch but it can get someone to pay attention. Plus there isn't any PMs in the day this game which are 48Hrs long, which is a long time to have someone inactive for.

That's because players were asking me about last cycles lynch!

Fair point about me not voting until late in the Day. I did want to get a vote/solid suspicion up earlier, I just wasn't able to find anyone I thought was very suspicious. I don't see how that is anti-lynch though, which is what you were accusing me of. Not having solid suspicions doesn't mean I'm against others going after theirs if they have them.

I can agree with putting pressure on a player without wanting them dead. And again, all of these posts were about D1, so you can't really say I've been anti-lynch.

I'm not sure why you're so set on voting on me. So far you've given 2 reasons for being suspicious of me(Flash, and me being anti-lynch) that haven't been real reasons to be suspicious of me, and now you're laying down completely different accusations after I ask you to explain how I've been anti-lynch. Feels like you're just looking for reasons to be suspicious of me at this point.

1 hour ago, Burnt Spaghetti said:

aha i sneaky. lets see if i can avoid being caught.

0% itrust you, 100%die, 50% dunno

Court:

1. Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)49%
  2. Elbe (Elbereth) - Dragonslayer  50% 
  3. Budgie (A Budgie) 50% havent been paying attention to them at all 
  4. Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf) - Crismns fun,  i like her. As for allignment,  
  5. Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti) -im good, just messing around for the most part so far
  6. Clanky (Clanky) 50%
  7. Anwir (Drake Marshal) - yea seems fine so far. is making me talk. 43%
  8. Anansi (Metacognition) 50%has done nada apparently
  9. John (Winter Devotion) - Student
  10. Small Large (Stink) - Medium well. weid=rd for allignmenty stuff. seems okay. I personally think hemakes a fine medium, though, ifhes not really working with the other medium, well, i dunno. collaboration sounds like something they should be doing
  11. Lyren (Droughtbringer) 50% quiet ithink
  12. Shqueeves (Shqueeves) 50% i havent ever talked to this person before i dont think. hello person!
  13. Pickle (asterion) 50%
  14. Lopen (TheMightyLopen) 41% thisismoresobased off my pm interaction with him rather than the thread stuff. seems to seem like a nice Lopen so far. 
  15. Tarek (Randuir) 44% seems fine?
  16. BrightnessRadiant 50% dunno
  17. Ecthelion  50% *will look into later methinks. 
  18. Bart Allen (Flash) 45% hasnt been participating in lynch, but has promised better involvement in future.

Whelp hopefully nothing important was said in that section of class!  practical time now so def no more analysis from me, so heres this half baked list.

Yay! :lol:

21 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

One, elim/neutral is kind of a broad category. :P Two, why? :( 

Contribution Crusade Thoughts

The thing about the Contribution Crusade isn't that it's effective. It's not, really. Semi-inactives can pay attention if a vote is dropped on them, but most inactives don't. It's a lynch that gives the village no information, either through alignment reveal or lynch discussion, and it isn't realy effective in bringing inactives back (particularly if they do have good reasons and just end up feeling annoyed, or if it's so early (for instance, in the first 48 hours of the game) that they feel they shouldn't have been lynched so soon. PMing players is far more useful and effective. 

What's nice about it is that it's easy. It's very, very easy to just drop a vote on an inactive player. You're contributing, you're voting, and the best thing is that they can't fight back. You won't get into a drawn-out argument. You won't get lynched yourself for it. It's an easy, non-alignment indicative reason to vote on someone. The Contribution Crusade means that you don't have to go to the trouble of actually thinking about the game, of actually finding something suspicious and fighting for a lynch because of it. 

The Contribution Crusade makes your life easier, because you don't have to think about the game if you use it as a crutch. 

That, I think, is why it's a bad thing, more than anything else. It's no-information and not very much engagement from anyone who participates, either. So please don't use it. 

I know. :P It was intentional, because I don't really have reasons to suspect you, but I just have better reads on most other people, so elim/neutral kinda fits how I feel.

Considering I have a CC banner in my signature, I feel like I should comment on this. :P I think the CC does get abused like you say, where it's just an easy out for people to feel like their contributing and don't have to take a risk by voting on an active player. Just about the only time I seriously consider it is if I think the current player up for the lynch is village and there's no time to argue about a better target. But even then, we wouldn't get information and it would ultimately probably hurt discussion. I would only do it if I had a very strong village read on someone, so for me, I'd be assuming that person was village from then on, but others would always have doubts, and would likely question my alignment too, so yeah, it's not a very useful option.

PM'ing inactive/lurking players is a much better way to go, since you can try to get some opinions out of them or get them back in the game by including them.

Oh, and one more thing is that I don't think a CC lynch should ever be brought up until very, very late in the Turn, otherwise discussion will be halted and we'll get even less information.