Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P

• A Joe in the Forest
    • A Joe in the Court

This poll is closed to new votes

Ugh. So you want a chest-high wall of text, DA? Is that it? Then, a chest-high wall of text you shall have!

So, thoughts on people.

Orlok-tsubodai: I'm leaning ever so slightly village on him, but I will be keeping an eye on him. What makes me mainly lean village on him is that he seems somewhat committed to promoting discussion during D2, as he's been commenting on the posts of quite a few players, and has been asking questions of various people. Orlok is good at the whole seeming village thing though, so I'll be keeping en eye on him.

Elbereth: I'm leaning slightly village on Elbereth as well, for similar reasons as for Orlok. I don't consider either of them hard-cleared, or even soft-cleared, at this point, but I'd just as soon not lynch the players trying to get at least a bit of discussion going. One interesting thing of note I want to ask others about is this: What does it mean when someone asks about your reads in a PM, and one of the people this person asks for reads on isn't actually in the game? I'm assuming this was an honest mistake by Elbereth, but I want to check in case there are tons of stories out there of elims betraying themselves by a mistake like this.

A Budgie: Budgie's has (almost) only posted RP uptill this point, so I've got a Neutral read on him. @A Budgie, could you maybe share your reads on a couple of people with us? Let's say Drake, Ecth and Brightness?

Crimsn-wolf: Mostly Neutral read on crimsn for now. She's done mostly Rp, though she has put some analysis in those RP pieces as well, though nothing particularly earth-shattering. There's one thing I'm curious about though, @Crimsn-Wolf. Why did you contact Asterion, but not Meta?

Burnt-Spaghetti: Chaotic Neutral. Most things She's said have been RP, and though she has slipped one or two game comments in there (such as disagreeing with Drake and STINK's mass-test suggestion), none of that has been particularly alignment indicative.

Clanky: Neutral. Most of his posts have either been explaining why he wasn't posting as much at the start of the game, or what his current play-style is. I am wondering why he's kept his vote on Lopen after the explanation of the statement about flash. @Clanky, do you believe there is enough merit to that vote, even with that point explained and debunked?

Drake Marshall: I'm leaning slightly elim on Drake. Most of his posts seem to be quite Non-alignment indicative, but his throwing himself up as an alternate medium candidate could have been an elim ploy. In fact, I've got a hard time seeing that no elims tried to make at least a small attempt at getting one of their number to be the medium because of the potential power of having the dragon-slayer role on their side.

Meta: True Neutral. Reason: Inactive.

Winter devotion: Village. Also, dead.

Small Large: Medium, and based on Doc's statement about exchanging win-conditions, he's very likely to have been village.

Droughtbringer: Neutral. He promised on Sunday that he'd post more in a couple of hours. @DroughtBringer, could you post a bit more? Maybe give your thoughts on Drake, Ecth and Elbereth?

Shqueeves: Neutral. he's only posted twice uptill now, but his last post (from 3 hours ago) promised more thoughts to come in a couple of hours. Hopefully that'll give us a bit more insight in his alignment.

Asterion: True Neutral. Asterion hasn't posted yet, though he has been active in other parts of the forum. @asterion137, would you be willing to post a bit? If you've got nothing to say, maybe give your thoughts on Orlok, Elbereth and Ecth?

Lopen: Neutral, very slight elim lean, as explained earlier in the thread.

Brightness: Neutral. Overall, Brightness has mostly posted RP, with only a single post dedicated to some light analysis. I'd really like to see some more analysis posts from her.

Ecthelion: I'm still suspicious of him, and will not be moving my vote for now (though I might play tiebreaker if that becomes necessary). His explanation of wanting to prevent last-minute vote swings isn't adequate in my opinion, as any elims trying a stunt like that would be immediately outed. testing for a vote minimum can also be done by just asking a GM.

So, I'd like to ask everyone that hasn't done too much in the analysis department yet to try and contribute a bit more. I don't expect a 10-page post by post breakdown of what every player has said and done, but even just giving your thoughts on a couple of players might be of help later. Even a list of "My gut says these players are good and evil" is better than nothing.

3 minutes ago, randuir said:

A Budgie: Budgie's has (almost) only posted RP uptill this point, so I've got a Neutral read on him. @A Budgie, could you maybe share your reads on a couple of people with us? Let's say Drake, Ecth and Brightness?

First of all, 'she.'
And I did say earlier that I have some supicions on Drake. At the beginning, their claim to be 'unbaised' was shot down due to a lot of lying in another game. They were also one of the first person to suggest a lynch. Finally, their posturing as a robot made me suspicious, as anyone who has read Gunnerkrigg would know that the Forest hates robotics, so by associating with something they hate they could hope to appear less of a suspect. Of course, this was probably just be a fun choice, but you never know.
As for everyone else, I'm not entirely sure how I feel. I'm not too sure about Crimsn, though I'm not entirely sure why.

3 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

@randuir I know that in any normal game, any elim trying that stunt would be outed. But once again, there's the Test which is an automatic bailout mechanic.

Thing is, as I believe Drake has pointed out, it isn't. An elim bailing out just saves us the trouble of lynching him, and he might just end up reinforcing the court elim team in the wood thread, therefore helping us out more than he hurt us by doing the last-minute vote shenanigans.

1 hour ago, randuir said:

Ugh. So you want a chest-high wall of text, DA? Is that it? Then, a chest-high wall of text you shall have!

So, thoughts on people.

Orlok-tsubodai: I'm leaning ever so slightly village on him, but I will be keeping an eye on him. What makes me mainly lean village on him is that he seems somewhat committed to promoting discussion during D2, as he's been commenting on the posts of quite a few players, and has been asking questions of various people. Orlok is good at the whole seeming village thing though, so I'll be keeping en eye on him.

Elbereth: I'm leaning slightly village on Elbereth as well, for similar reasons as for Orlok. I don't consider either of them hard-cleared, or even soft-cleared, at this point, but I'd just as soon not lynch the players trying to get at least a bit of discussion going. One interesting thing of note I want to ask others about is this: What does it mean when someone asks about your reads in a PM, and one of the people this person asks for reads on isn't actually in the game? I'm assuming this was an honest mistake by Elbereth, but I want to check in case there are tons of stories out there of elims betraying themselves by a mistake like this.

Crimsn-wolf: Mostly Neutral read on crimsn for now. She's done mostly Rp, though she has put some analysis in those RP pieces as well, though nothing particularly earth-shattering. There's one thing I'm curious about though, @Crimsn-Wolf. Why did you contact Asterion, but not Meta?

Burnt-Spaghetti: Chaotic Neutral. Most things She's said have been RP, and though she has slipped one or two game comments in there (such as disagreeing with Drake and STINK's mass-test suggestion), none of that has been particularly alignment indicative.

Clanky: Neutral. Most of his posts have either been explaining why he wasn't posting as much at the start of the game, or what his current play-style is. I am wondering why he's kept his vote on Lopen after the explanation of the statement about flash. @Clanky, do you believe there is enough merit to that vote, even with that point explained and debunked?

Drake Marshall: I'm leaning slightly elim on Drake. Most of his posts seem to be quite Non-alignment indicative, but his throwing himself up as an alternate medium candidate could have been an elim ploy. In fact, I've got a hard time seeing that no elims tried to make at least a small attempt at getting one of their number to be the medium because of the potential power of having the dragon-slayer role on their side.

Meta: True Neutral. Reason: Inactive.

Winter devotion: Village. Also, dead.

Small Large: Medium, and based on Doc's statement about exchanging win-conditions, he's very likely to have been village.

Droughtbringer: Neutral. He promised on Sunday that he'd post more in a couple of hours. @DroughtBringer, could you post a bit more? Maybe give your thoughts on Drake, Ecth and Elbereth?

Shqueeves: Neutral. he's only posted twice uptill now, but his last post (from 3 hours ago) promised more thoughts to come in a couple of hours. Hopefully that'll give us a bit more insight in his alignment.

Asterion: True Neutral. Asterion hasn't posted yet, though he has been active in other parts of the forum. @asterion137, would you be willing to post a bit? If you've got nothing to say, maybe give your thoughts on Orlok, Elbereth and Ecth?

Lopen: Neutral, very slight elim lean, as explained earlier in the thread.

Brightness: Neutral. Overall, Brightness has mostly posted RP, with only a single post dedicated to some light analysis. I'd really like to see some more analysis posts from her.

Ecthelion: I'm still suspicious of him, and will not be moving my vote for now (though I might play tiebreaker if that becomes necessary). His explanation of wanting to prevent last-minute vote swings isn't adequate in my opinion, as any elims trying a stunt like that would be immediately outed. testing for a vote minimum can also be done by just asking a GM.

So, I'd like to ask everyone that hasn't done too much in the analysis department yet to try and contribute a bit more. I don't expect a 10-page post by post breakdown of what every player has said and done, but even just giving your thoughts on a couple of players might be of help later. Even a list of "My gut says these players are good and evil" is better than nothing.

Rand I just ruined my pants *belches.

Wait Centaurs don't wear pants. Well I'll probably need to have a shower now.

I also see you forgot me :( But that's OK, I am used to it *belches and mumbles something about enchiladas

Centaurus pranced down the Meeting hall, knocking over students and teachers on his way back, some robots and a weird glowing thing too. In his arms were a variety of spirits and liquor bottles. He whooped as he smashed down the Meeting Hall’s doors with a mighty kick. “I’M A BRIGHT CONSTELLATION IN THE SOUTHERN SKYYYY”. He belched and headbutted Koru playfully, thrusting a bottle of whiskey into his surprised hands. “Who wants to get to the crux of the matter and have some fun?! We can get drunk and lynch someone later!!”

He stumbled unsteadily into a pillar, “Oops, didn’t see you there Ptolemy, care for a drink?”.

He thrusted another bottle into the pillar, smashing it. Liquor splashed everywhere and cascaded down the pillar, pooling at the bottom. Centaurus put a hoof in it by accident and slipped, dropping all the liquor and crashing onto his side, laughing madly and slapping his rump. “That was just Shamashing wouldn’t you saaay?! You get that Aratus? Eudoxis?” His laughter turned into a rasping cough and he lay on his side, shoulders racking, chest heaving.

The rest of the members stared dumbfounded, “..is this your man? Koru?” one of the Court members whispered, among other whispers shaming the centaur. 

The Meeting fell silent as some of the Wood creatures helped Centaurus to his feet. He belched and stared into the crowd, eyes unfocused, then opened his mouth once more to speak.

“Let me...let me tell you *belch a st-story my fair people. A story back from when there was no Court, no Coyote, none but the peaceful Forest Folk. I used to be a centaur once. A centaur by the name of Chiron, now this centaur was a fool, he believed that humans and nature could coexist in harmony, and for a little while, this was true, heck, he even mentored and trained some ...demigods is the word me*belches. Then Hercules shot him with a poisoned arrow and went to the heavens the end.”

Centaurus bowed, then the murmurings begun once more. Koru stepped forward, the bottle still clasped in his hand and opened his mouth to say something.

“The point is, humans and the natural wild can indeed exist alongside each other *belches,” he suddenly started, rising from the bow and cutting Koru off. “But enough of that hippy dippy claptrap. Did you guys know...that once upon a time...the constellation Lupus, the Wolf, used to be considered an Asterism* (haha look an asterisk) of myself, Centaurus….Eratosthenes even saw Lupus as a wineskin held by yours truly. But of course, Coyote and his Demon Dogs come and spoil my fun and enslave the Wood. And of course, he couldn’t have Lupus to be a mere part of myself, who indeed used to be quite a powerful being *belches, then I….that be a story for another day. The day Reynardine, Ysengrin and Coyote came to the Wood was the day I was sundered from my stars, separated from my stellar companions, oh and Lupus became a constellation in its own right yeah, that happened. Still annoyed. Funny, the Babylons based Lupus on a figure of there’s...known as the Mad Dog...Uridimmu. Indeed...I was once a tutor...of course those better aspects of myself *belches, went to my other manifestation...Sagittarius.” He grumbled something about Ovid, “Indeed...many stars were once a part of me, many stars I was forced to sacrifice for other endeavours”

He looked at the creatures and humans that surrounded him in silence. “Indeed...I am one of the oldest creatures to have resided here, far older than Coyote...the mad dog….indeed. I used to be far more larger and powerful...but over time my *belches, strength has dwindled, and indeed, I may succumb to my less admirable qualities, but sometimes these qualities give me the strength, braver...stupidity even, to ask you all to appoint me as the Medium”

He bowed once more, took a step forward, nearly tripped and grabbed a table for support. “My mind is far sharper than my *belches motor skills as of now I swear”.

( @Doc12)

EDIT:(forgot me asterisk!!!) also @ElberethMaybe you'll like this one. EDIT: I guess you could say I want to be Alpha Dog...Alpha Centauri Dog
*an Asterism is a star pattern that isn't a constellation on its own right

Edited by Darkness Ascendant
Whatever I do this cycle, don't take seriously. Except for the Medium thing, I would like to be Medium. What can I say? I'm drunk

1 hour ago, A Budgie said:

As for everyone else, I'm not entirely sure how I feel. I'm not too sure about Crimsn, though I'm not entirely sure why.

R00d :P 

1 hour ago, randuir said:

Mm, sorry. I am going for more staying in-character throughout my games now, as that is the way I have found easier for me to actually be able to post. Me posting in the mind of my character is the only reason I have been able to be as active as I am this game. I may be an analytical person, but I find it difficult to put my analysis into words and into the thread. Other than that, I haven't really had much to say in terms of analyzing since I don't have enough to go on quite yet. Or more, not enough to feel comfortable enough to post my thoughts in a more in-depth manner. Plus, as I stated before, I am going for a roleplay approach as opposed to an analytical approach like you have. As for why I sent a pm to Asterion and not Meta, Meta intimidates me, lol. I didn't want to send out a bunch of pms, so I was selective in those I did pm. There isn't any particular reason that I chose to pm Asterion over Meta, that's just how I decided to do it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 minutes ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

Mm, sorry. I am going for more staying in-character throughout my games now, as that is the way I have found easier for me to actually be able to post. Me posting in the mind of my character is the only reason I have been able to be as active as I am this game. I may be an analytical person, but I find it difficult to put my analysis into words and into the thread. Other than that, I haven't really had much to say in terms of analyzing since I don't have enough to go on quite yet. Or more, not enough to feel comfortable enough to post my thoughts in a more in-depth manner. Plus, as I stated before, I am going for a roleplay approach as opposed to an analytical approach like you have. As for why I sent a pm to Asterion and not Meta, Meta intimidates me, lol. I didn't want to send out a bunch of pms, so I was selective in those I did pm. There isn't any particular reason that I chose to pm Asterion over Meta, that's just how I decided to do it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just for the record, I don't mind that you are trying to stay in character, and I don't think you should stop doing that or anything. It just makes it a bit harder for me to get a read on you, that's all.

8 minutes ago, randuir said:

Just for the record, I don't mind that you are trying to stay in character, and I don't think you should stop doing that or anything. It just makes it a bit harder for me to get a read on you, that's all.

haha, fair enough. I will try and post more analysis in my rp now, to try and help with your reads. xD

I am off to try and get some sleep now, though. I'll try and get on tomorrow after I wake up, but I won't be super active as I need to figure out job stuff, student stuff, and new living arrangement stuff. So yea, tomorrow is just going to be slightly busy for me :P I will try and get on before the end of the cycle, but I can't guarantee it. I will certainly try to remember to check the thread tomorrow morning before I start my day.

2 hours ago, randuir said:

Yep, i'm fine leaving my vote where it is. THe flash statement was only secondary to all the weird anti-lynch stuff Lopen has been saying in almost every post. I don't see why a villager would want to suppress lynches except perhaps the first cycle.

21 minutes ago, Clanky said:

Yep, i'm fine leaving my vote where it is. THe flash statement was only secondary to all the weird anti-lynch stuff Lopen has been saying in almost every post. I don't see why a villager would want to suppress lynches except perhaps the first cycle.

Fair enough. Based on your statement when making the vote, it seemed to me like his comment about flash was a rather central point to your accusation. Thanks for the clarification.

6 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

@randuir I know that in any normal game, any elim trying that stunt would be outed. But once again, there's the Test which is an automatic bailout mechanic.

If you take the test as an eliminator though, chances are you'll swap alignments. And end up on the same side of the folks you just tried to hammer vote.

So I don't really think that works.

6 hours ago, A Budgie said:

First of all, 'she.'
And I did say earlier that I have some supicions on Drake. At the beginning, their claim to be 'unbaised' was shot down due to a lot of lying in another game. They were also one of the first person to suggest a lynch. Finally, their posturing as a robot made me suspicious, as anyone who has read Gunnerkrigg would know that the Forest hates robotics, so by associating with something they hate they could hope to appear less of a suspect. Of course, this was probably just be a fun choice, but you never know.

The forest doesn't hate robots :( they gave S13 a brand new arm.

Anyway, technically I'm not a real robot :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

“Let me...let me tell you *belch a st-story my fair people. A story back from when there was no Court, no Coyote, none but the peaceful Forest Folk. I used to be a centaur once. A centaur by the name of Chiron, now this centaur was a fool, he believed that humans and nature could coexist in harmony, and for a little while, this was true, heck, he even mentored and trained some ...demigods is the word me*belches. Then Hercules shot him with a poisoned arrow and went to the heavens the end.”

Centaurus bowed, then the murmurings begun once more. Koru stepped forward, the bottle still clasped in his hand and opened his mouth to say something.

“The point is, humans and the natural wild can indeed exist alongside each other *belches,” he suddenly started, rising from the bow and cutting Koru off. “But enough of that hippy dippy claptrap. Did you guys know...that once upon a time...the constellation Lupus, the Wolf, used to be considered an Asterism* (haha look an asterisk) of myself, Centaurus….Eratosthenes even saw Lupus as a wineskin held by yours truly. But of course, Coyote and his Demon Dogs come and spoil my fun and enslave the Wood. And of course, he couldn’t have Lupus to be a mere part of myself, who indeed used to be quite a powerful being *belches, then I….that be a story for another day. The day Reynardine, Ysengrin and Coyote came to the Wood was the day I was sundered from my stars, separated from my stellar companions, oh and Lupus became a constellation in its own right yeah, that happened. Still annoyed. Funny, the Babylons based Lupus on a figure of there’s...known as the Mad Dog...Uridimmu. Indeed...I was once a tutor...of course those better aspects of myself *belches, went to my other manifestation...Sagittarius.” He grumbled something about Ovid, “Indeed...many stars were once a part of me, many stars I was forced to sacrifice for other endeavours”

He looked at the creatures and humans that surrounded him in silence. “Indeed...I am one of the oldest creatures to have resided here, far older than Coyote...the mad dog….indeed. I used to be far more larger and powerful...but over time my *belches, strength has dwindled, and indeed, I may succumb to my less admirable qualities, but sometimes these qualities give me the strength, braver...stupidity even, to ask you all to appoint me as the Medium”

The moral of the story is, never be a dead goose in a bush!

Anyways. Now that that's all cleared up, who is being evil?

Probably if I wanted to live I'd say ecth is evil, but to Braize with that. Time to practice the time-honored art of stirring things up.

I don't think ecth is evil. As much as he's been acting really weirdly imo, he was also the only one that pushed for a lynch. I really simply cannot see how that happens if he was an elim. To me, it looks very much like the elims must have all agreed to let a no-lynch fly last cycle.

Game started out with 17 players. Minus one villager it's at 16, plus one hollow faerie it's back at 17 (but the 17th doesn't reflect on original role distribution).

So, I'd say that probably means 3-4 eliminators. Best to assume 4 and be pleasantly surprised if its 3.

So lets exclude Flash from the candidates, 'cause Flash's odds at being of a given alignment are already known, plus he's new to our thread so we don't have a read.

Minus ecth too, because I just don't see it.

Also minus Drake, 'cause that guy has a really village vibe imo :P

Remaining candidates are below:

Locke Tekiel (Orlok Tsubodai)

Elbe (Elbereth)

Budgie (A Budgie)

Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf)

Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti)

Clanky (Clanky)

Anansi (Metacognition)

John (Winter Devotion)

Small Large (Stink)

Lyren (Droughtbringer)

Shqueeves (Shqueeves)

Pickle (asterion)

Lopen (TheMightyLopen)

Tarek (Randuir)

BrightnessRadiant

I'm just doing some process of elimination, here. No pun intended.

Of these, lets take a closer look at them.

Orlok. Knowing his playstyle, I don't see any of his doings as alignment indicative yet. I wouldn't make a final assessment yet, so I'm throwing this out as a possible candidate.

Elbereth. Slightly leaning village. Probably not my first choice for a lynch this cycle,

Budgie. Hasn't been doing much but RP. And while I love RP, this means you have a neutral read. Not removing this from the candidate pool yet.

Crimsn. Mixed read, honestly. Encouraged inactives to come back, which I view as village-y. On the other hand, went with a no-lynch, and also displayed interest in who was appointed dragonslayer. Which tbh is a more suspicious role to be interested in than medium. Not taking off my list just this yet.

Burnt. Has been active, but nothing really sticks out to me. Honestly, after reading through all her posts, my gut says she is trying to fly under the radar. So far my top suspicion, I think.

Clanky. Hasn't been terribly active, and has given OOC explanation for it. I hope they come back to us. Not really a valid lynch candidate, at the moment.

Meta. Basically the same story as Clanky. Not a valid lynch.

Winter. Oh wait, winter's dead. I'm not going to make that mistake again.

STINK. Our medium. Original alignment unknown, but lynching him would be a rather poor decision right now.

Drought. Similar to Clanky and Meta. Not valid.

Shqueeves. Ecth tried to cc shqueeves. Seeing as that was on D1, I hold that it is almost 100% certain that if one is an eliminator, the other isn't. Because people don't bus on D1. That being said, not valid. Yet.

Asterion. Seriously, why is everybody in the Court so quiet? I figure with this many inactives, there's probably, like, 2 inactive elims. Not good. Still, not a valid candidate. Yet.

Lopen. Neutral read, I'd leave Lopen as a candidate.

Rand. Slight village read. But not so much a village read that I'm not keeping my eye on him.

Brightness. Neutral read. I don't think I've seen her do very much that is alignment indicative.

New list:

Budgie (A Budgie)

Altea Meza (Crimsn-Wolf)

Carrie Brule (Burnt Spaghetti)

Lopen (TheMightyLopen)

BrightnessRadiant

Burnt. You've posted a good number of times, but I can't shake the feeling that you are doing your best to go unnoticed. Appearing to contribute and all that. Could you share some thoughts on today's lynch, maybe? I would be grateful.

Honestly? Koru was feeling more than a little useless. 

What he needed to do was to continue his inquiries, understand the strength of both the Forest and the Court, and plan what needed to be done. 

This meeting... He did not particularly care who, if anyone, got lynched at all, and so had felt no inclination to join into the lynch discussion. In the Forest, at least, he could have observed the cat and mouse game between the Giilite and the Gunnerkrigg, and draw conclusions from that. In this meeting? They were staring at each other, hesitant to reveal too much to the other, and the accusations came slow. Small interactions peppered the day, but he wondered if truly anything was being done at all. 

Out of the corner of his eye he watched Medium Small Large, and truly hoped that he would prove more communicable this night. 

On top of all this, that idiot Centaur had just burst in, caused a big drunken mess, and actually asked to be medium. 

Overwhelmed and disgusted, Koru turned and left the hall. 

He needed to be alone. 

Uh, hey, so this is an announcement from me. 

Tomorrow night, I will be flying from my home country to the US to study there, so I will be unavailable for an entire day. I believe that would be during the night cycle, unfortunately. I should still be able to post in the early hours of the night, but I'll be gone for at least 24 hours after that, and maybe even more time as I find my way around the States and get to college for Orientation. So, please don't be surprised if my activity takes a sudden dive. I promise I'll be keeping up with the game and trying to be the best medium you've ever seen. Woods people, if you think that I can not serve this role as Medium in my low activity, you are welcome to pass it on to someone else, but I hope that you will reconsider me when I return. 

Thanks!