50 minutes ago, Fifth of Daybreak said:

I happened to get one of the Hoid cards at Gen Con. WoB was that the only way to get one was to ask him about it, so the release party sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Probably the only other way in existence to officially get one of these.

That was my understanding as well. It was really generous of Kara to send us some. 

By the way, for anyone following this thread, I never heard back from any of the Game stores I contacted, which is unfortunate, so we’re back to waiting for Game Night Games to get their shipment from their distributor. 

So... here’s where we’re at. Crafty is doing more of a rolling release, shipping to each distributor/area separately rather than having one universal release date. They have offered to ship directly to game stores so that we can do release parties.

Could you elaborate on this? I was under the impression that it was being released on November 15th, since this was what was listed under "Additional information"

52 minutes ago, Faceless Mist-Wraith said:

Could you elaborate on this? I was under the impression that it was being released on November 15th, since this was what was listed under "Additional information"

I wish I could elaborate, but that’s literally all the information I have right now. :(

Like I said, Crafty offered to ship the game directly to the retail store so we could plan a release party, but Game Night Games opted not to go that route because hey had already ordered copies of the game from their regular distributor, and none of the other game stores I contacted ever responded to me.  :wacko:

This just in: I just barely got an email back from Epic Puzzles and Games in West Valley and they said they are happy to host us. I’m not sure if they have any copies of the game in stock- still waiting to hear back from them, but they said they were Kickstarter backers so they probably do.

Here’s the thing: they said that they are free to host us on Saturday 11/18, but at this point that’s only a few days away. That doesn’t give people much time to spread the work or arrange schedules.

Next weekend is Thanksgiving, and the weekend after that I am unavailable, so our next window of opportunity is Friday 12/8 or Saturday 12/9 (assuming it works for Epic, too). 

But what would you guys prefer? Do it this weekend or wait a few weeks?This week is a little crazy for me but I can be available this Saturday if that’s what everyone wants to do.

@Themasterhunter @little wilson @firstRainbowRose @Rubix @Ecthelion III @Emerald101 @Elenion @ChaosModifier @RippleGlyph @M0ntz3rin @Shumei @Blaineabus@Crafty Games

Edited by Herowannabe

Waiting it is then. :)

I still haven’t heard anything from Epic other than that first email anyway. I’m probably going to have to call them or go into the store and talk to them. 

Anyway, since we’re waiting, does anyone have any preferences as to which day we have the party? The days that work for me are Dec 8th, 9th, 15th, or the 16th. 

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: Game Night Games told me the other day that the game is on its way from their distributor- they didn't get any advance warning just a notification that it's being shipped. It should arrive sometime next week. 

I've asked them if Saturday 12/16 in the evening works for a release party- still waiting to hear back from them if it does or not, but for now I'd say go ahead and pencil it into your calendar...

8 hours ago, Ookla the Puzzling said:

...storms. I have a final that evening. Would Friday the 15th be a possibility? I really want to be able to come.

That or the Saturday before.

Who is giving you finals on a Saturday evening!? That’s cruel! :blink:

The Saturday before does not work for me. I personally could do Friday evening but it seemed like general consensus was that Saturdays work the best for most everyone, plus I don’t know if Friday works for the game store...

3 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

Who is giving you finals on a Saturday evening!? That’s cruel! :blink:

The Saturday before does not work for me. I personally could do Friday evening but it seemed like general consensus was that Saturdays work the best for most everyone, plus I don’t know if Friday works for the game store...

Would 8pm or later work then? I can probably get the final done before 7.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Puzzling said:

Would 8pm or later work then? I can probably get the final done before 7.

We’ll still be going by 8pm I’m sure. When we did the non-release party back in August we played 2 games, and iirc we went to around 10:00 when the store closes. 

FWIW Game Night Games has mentioned that they have a game demo night coming up on Saturday, January 6th. If I have any promos left over I’ll probably do a demo of the game on that night, too, though I don’t expect that to be as big an event as the official release party (plus I can’t guarantee I’ll have any promos left over for that). 

Okay, I just got word back from Game Night Games. We’re good to go for Saturday, 12/16 at 6pm! It’s finally officially official now! I’ll work on spreading the word and getting a facebooks ok event or something set up for it. 

EDIT: event details:

Saturday, December 16th, 6:00-10:00PM,
at Game Night Games in Sugarhouse. 
2148 S 900 E
Salt Lake City UT 84106-2379
United States
If you’re planning on coming, please let me know so that we can reserve adequate space at the store!

As I said in a previous post, Este Pizzaria is right next door to GNG, and will give a 15% discount if you mention you’re at Game Night Games, and they will “deliver” it to you at the game store for free. For anyone interested we can pool resources the night of and order a couple pizzas to share around. :) 

And of course, I still have the stack of promo cards I mentioned earlier, generously donated by Kara Stewart from Team Sanderson, and I’ve been dying to finally give them away. ;)

@Themasterhunter @little wilson @firstRainbowRose @Rubix @Ecthelion III @Emerald101 @Elenion @ChaosModifier @RippleGlyph @M0ntz3rin @Shumei @Blaineabus@Crafty Games

(I get the joke/fun/homage behind the whole “Ookla” thing, but have to say it’s really storming annoying when you’re trying to find specific people on the shard.  <_<)

Edited by Herowannabe

28 minutes ago, Ookla the Incandescent said:

I find it amusing that you tagged me twice. Also, I will not be coming, but thank you for keeping me in the loop.

I wasn’t sure if the tags I copied and pasted would work or not with all the ookla name changes. :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, M0ntz3rin said:

@Herowannabe So should those of us with copies of the game bring them?

Yes please! :) I don’t know how many people we will get but I’d rather have extra copies of the game there that go unused than have people sitting around because there aren’t enough copies of the game for everyone. 

EDIT: so @M0ntz3rin I take it this means you’re planning on attending?

Edited by Herowannabe

On 12/5/2017 at 0:55 PM, Herowannabe said:

Yes please! :) I don’t know how many people we will get but I’d rather have extra copies of the game there that go unused than have people sitting around because there aren’t enough copies of the game for everyone. 

EDIT: so @M0ntz3rin I take it this means you’re planning on attending?

Yes I plan on attending. I just wish I had my coins from shire post as well.

My experience playing so far is that it is much easier to go for a skaa rebellion and disgrace then it is to go for favor and saving the final empire.  I have only played a handful of times but most of them have turned into a race to the bottom.  Also several games were handicapped by lacking access to 1 or more resources with the random hose cards we dealt out, which made it virtually impossible to solve problems even if you wanted to.  I don't remember the houses we had but in one 4 player game, the one guy with access to nearly all the resources decided to tank it and race to the bottom.  The rest of us I want to say had mainly prestige?(purple), skaa, and soliders not really any food or gold available to solve problems.

I like the general idea of the game, but to me it seems like it lacks enough incentive to try and solve problems and win by gaining favor. Even in 4 or 5 player games if 2 players with key resources decide to just race to the bottom it makes it virtually impossible for the remaining players to solve many of the problems and rebellion inevitably erupts.  I do agree there is some incentive to solve a problem and dump favor on another player racing to the bottom, but it is difficult given the lack or resources or cooperation I have seen in several of the games I played.  And the game isn't real enjoyable if it turns into just waiting for problems to erupt.  Don't know if anybody else has run into these problems?

10 hours ago, Honor said:

My experience playing so far is that it is much easier to go for a skaa rebellion and disgrace then it is to go for favor and saving the final empire.  I have only played a handful of times but most of them have turned into a race to the bottom.  Also several games were handicapped by lacking access to 1 or more resources with the random hose cards we dealt out, which made it virtually impossible to solve problems even if you wanted to.  I don't remember the houses we had but in one 4 player game, the one guy with access to nearly all the resources decided to tank it and race to the bottom.  The rest of us I want to say had mainly prestige?(purple), skaa, and soliders not really any food or gold available to solve problems.

I like the general idea of the game, but to me it seems like it lacks enough incentive to try and solve problems and win by gaining favor. Even in 4 or 5 player games if 2 players with key resources decide to just race to the bottom it makes it virtually impossible for the remaining players to solve many of the problems and rebellion inevitably erupts.  I do agree there is some incentive to solve a problem and dump favor on another player racing to the bottom, but it is difficult given the lack or resources or cooperation I have seen in several of the games I played.  And the game isn't real enjoyable if it turns into just waiting for problems to erupt.  Don't know if anybody else has run into these problems?

It sounds like you are missing one key rule: when you are solving a problem you can use any two resources (they don’t have to be the same type) in place of any other resource. So if I have 10 food and I’m solving a Problem that requires 3 food and 3 Skaa I could solve it using 9 food (3 food for 3 food, and 6 food for 3 Skaa). I suspect you’ll find the game much more balanced with that rule in mind. ;)

Also, keep in mind that the outcome of the game is heavily influenced by how your particular play group plays. In my experience the game only ends in Unrest maybe 1/4th of the time, but that’s because the people I play with tend to go for Favor and not Disgrace. I’ve heard of other groups where their games tend to end in Unrest more often than not, because of how their players play the game. :)

Edited by Herowannabe