Getting closer to a delivery date. Crafty is expecting to receive the shipment at their warehouse tomorrow, and then will start processing everything and getting orders ready to ship. They're thinking that they might be able to start shipping games out next Monday. 

So... could have the game in time for the 19th, depending on on which shipping method Crafty will be using. 

Crafty did indeed receive the shipping container today. Based on that, and their estimated processing time, and what they told me about their shipping method (USPS flat rate), it's looking like people should start receiving their copies of the game around the end of next week. But undoubtedly, not everybody will have the game by then, so I think we should plan on Saturday the 26th for the release party. At this point I think we can consider that date pretty solid, pending confirmation from @Crafty Games.

From what I've seen on Kickstarter, I definitely think we will have the games before the 19th. Are we planning on or for anything else? I think that crafty games has an expansion for the Mistborn Adventure Game coming out with House War. Are we planning on possibly having a Mistborn RPG game running in the backround?

Just some thoughts. Other than that, I want to thank Hero for doing most of the work. I honestly haven't done anything except for hand out ideas here and there.

Edited by Themasterhunter
Old info

12 hours ago, Themasterhunter said:

From what I've seen on Kickstarter, I definitely think we will have the games before the 19th. 

Well Crafty just posted this in the comments section, partially in response to my questions:

Crafty Games 2-time creator about 5 hours ago

@ Hero - still not sure on release parties timing; the warehouse is taking inventory today and will be sorting out the plan of attack over the weekend. We will let you know. 

... Our hope is to have them to everyone by Gen Con, but with the Backerkit charge issues we have a few days' delay. Orders will be going out early next week, but I would say it's much more likely orders start arriving during Gen Con rather than before.

Gen Con is this coming weekend, so it looks like I was right in my guess. While it's likely that some backers will have received their copies of the game by the 19th, not everyone will have, so it's best to wait at least until the 26th- perhaps even a week after that if that's what Crafty wants us to do. 

Are we planning on or for anything else? I think that crafty games has an expansion for the Mistborn Adventure Game coming out with House War. Are we planning on possibly having a Mistborn RPG game running in the backround?

Yes, they just released the Masks of the Past expansion (dealing with stuff from Shadows of Self and Bands of Mourning) a couple days ago. Personally I'm planning on coordinating things and playing House War, but if someone wanted to run an RPG session I think that would be a great idea. :) If anyone wants to take charge and Narrate an RPG session, just give the word. 

12 hours ago, Themasterhunter said:

Just some thoughts. Other than that, I want to thank Hero for doing most of the work. I honestly haven't done anything except for hand out ideas here and there.

No problem, but don't sell yourself short. Without your ideas and suggestions (and frankly, your desire and interest) this release party may not have even gotten enough traction to get off the ground. So thank you! :D

Edited by Herowannabe

8 hours ago, RippleGylf said:

If I can figure out some means of transportation, I'd love to come!

Whereabouts (roughly) are you located? If the desire is there I'm sure we can figure out a way to get you to the party. ;)

By the way, for anyone following along, I still have not received any official word from Ed at @Crafty Gameseven though I have pinged him several times now, as has Crafty_Pat. I don't know what's going on there. :unsure:

But Crafty_Pat has said that their team is doing inventory this weekend and once they're done with that they should be able to give us a solid date for the release party, so at least we can expect that soon. 

On 8/13/2017 at 10:41 PM, Herowannabe said:

Whereabouts (roughly) are you located? If the desire is there I'm sure we can figure out a way to get you to the party. ;)

Provo area :)

Also, with the shrink wrap and token shenanigans going, will the party be delayed? :(

Edited by RippleGylf

14 hours ago, RippleGylf said:

Provo area :)

Okay, cool. Would anyone nearby Provo that is planning on coming to this mind giving @RippleGylf a ride so that she can attend too? :)

14 hours ago, RippleGylf said:

Also, with the shrink wrap and token shenanigans going, will the party be delayed? :(

I don't think so... at least, not over these issues. Crafty said that they are still shipping the game out as is to backers, and then will send the fixed components in a separate shipment in about a month. As the game is still perfectly playable with the current components, they aren't a good enough reason to delay. The are only two reasons why I can see delaying the game:

1. Shipping takes longer than expected and most of us kickstarter backers don't have copies of the game in hand by the 26th. 
  2. Game Night Games doesn't have enough space for us on the 26th. I just got an email from them saying that they have a few other events going on that night, so space is limited. So it depends on how many people can come, and how much space they can set aside for us. 

So with that in mind, if we had to delay, who would still be able to attend the following weekend, Saturday September 2nd? That's Labor Day weekend, so I'm hesitant to move the party back unless we absolutely have to. Still though, if it works for people it may end up being for the best. I know that I personally am free that weekend, and GNG doesn't have much on their event calendar for that day, so we'd have more space (Note that I'm still set on trying to make the 26th work if at all possible). 

Pinging everyone who has expressed interest so far so that we can get replies quickly. 

@Themasterhunter @little wilson @Rubix @firstRainbowRose @Ecthelion III @Emerald101 @Elenion @ChaosModifier @RippleGylf

Alright, seeing as how half the people who have responded so far are saying that the 2nd doesn't work I REALLY don't want to postpone it until then. So I'm planning on the 26th. The owner of Game Night Games got back to me and he's double-checking scheduling and expected attendance for the other events so that they can give us as much space as possible. 

So plan on the evening of the 26th, most likely at Game Night Games, but if that venue doesn't work out I have a couple back up options we can use for that night. 

(EDIT: I'll get a more official, detailed post made in the next day or two with more specifics)

6 hours ago, Themasterhunter said:

Hero, did you say something about promo stuff earlier? 

Yes I did... ;) But I'm not going to say more until I know 100% for sure that we can make something happen. And we're not likely to know that until sometime after Gen Con. 

Edited by Herowannabe

OFFICIAL UPDATE!!!

We finally got official word from Ed with Crafty Games- they are asking that we hold off on the Release Party until the Retail release date, which should be in a month or two. That actually makes a lot of sense, and I fully support them in their request. So if you're interested in coming to that party when it happens, follow this thread or send me a PM and I'll keep you updated. 

UNOFFICIAL UPDATE:

Assuming my copy of M:HW arrives in time, I'd still like to head over to Game Night Games on Saturday, 8/26, at around 6pm to get in a game or two with anyone who cares to join me. ;) Very unofficial, and definitely not a release party. PM me or reply to this thread if you'd like to come to that. 

EDIT: Este Pizzeria is right next door, and if you mention that you're at Game Night Games they will "deliver" your order to you at GNG and give you a discount. Just throwing that out there.

Edited by Herowannabe

8 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

OFFICIAL UPDATE!!!

We finally got official word from Ed with Crafty Games- they are asking that we hold off on the Release Party until the Retail release date, which should be in a month or two. That actually makes a lot of sense, and I fully support them in their request. So if you're interested in coming to that party when it happens, follow this thread or send me a PM and I'll keep you updated. 

UNOFFICIAL UPDATE:

Assuming my copy of M:HW arrives in time, I'd still like to head over to Game Night Games on Saturday, 8/26, at around 6pm to get in a game or two with anyone who cares to join me. ;) Very unofficial, and definitely not a release party. PM me or reply to this thread if you'd like to come to that. 

EDIT: Este Pizzeria is right next door, and if you mention that you're at Game Night Games they will "deliver" your order to you at GNG and give you a discount. Just throwing that out there.

I figured they would delay it for the retail release. Ah well. Still super excited for it, though!

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

*wishes he lived nearby

*checks your profile*

I see you live "somewhere in Oz." I know Australia is a pretty big place, but you could always check with @Claincy and/or @Kadrok and see if either of them live nearby. Both of them are Ozzies, and I bet either of them wouldn't mind having a friendly get together once the game reaches Ozzie. 

Edited by Herowannabe

I got my copy last night and it's PRETTY! They really did a fantastic job on this game.

If anyone is in the Pacific Northwest, I'm in Spokane, WA and would love to find more people to play with. I will be bringing it to my regular gamenights (https://www.facebook.com/Spokaneboardgamers/) and will also be trying to get at least one or two specific game nights together.

I posted my first impressions from opening the box here: https://snarkspren.tumblr.com/post/164492322990/snarkspren-i-got-something-in-the-mail-yesterday

If anyone is local, hit me up :-)

On 8/22/2017 at 8:58 PM, Themasterhunter said:

Wait. Hero, if you got yours, shouldn't I get mine too? We don't live that far apart.  

Should I email crafty to see if there is a problem?

Give it a day or two. ;) Remember that they shipped out 2,500 copies of the game this week. It takes a lot of time to process all those packages, and they're not all going to get delivered on the same day. (EDIT: and remember that in their latest update they said that packages were picked up in 3 separate groups- yours may have been in the last group which was only picked up on Monday, which means you'll probably see it in a day or two)  

Now, if you haven't received it by the end of the week I would shoot them an email. 

Or, have you received an email from Gamerati with a shipping notification yet? If not, then you may want to contact them. If yes, then there should be a tracking number so you can see exactly where it is. 

Edited by Herowannabe

My copy arrived yesterday, so now I need to find people to play it with!  I skimmed through the cards last night and they look really well done, although none of the personality cards stuck out to me as possibly being Hoid ...