Inquisitor Spikes

cometaryorbit

Re-reading HOA, and now I'm really confused. Vin says at one point that the normal Inquisitor spikes are 2 steel in the eyes, 1 steel in the shoulders, and 6 in the sides/ribs - 4 bronze and 2 steel.

That would allow for the basic 8 allomantic metals (with one doubled), but neither steel nor bronze can grant Allomantic Atium or Feruchemical Gold. Now, we know from WOB that the Inquisitors didn't all have those powers, but surely most did - without either, they'd be too vulnerable: Atium's just too overwhelming a weapon.

Also, the HOA epigraphs talk about the Inquisitors gaining their healing powers from a pewter spike stealing/granting Feruchemical gold, and the way it's written implies that was part of the "normal" power set.

Weird...

I went back to look. Kar describes the lines he sees as iron lines. If the spikes were steel he should have used steel lines, as the lines are usually called depending on if one is using steel or iron. I think that's where I got the idea that Kar's eye spikes are iron, and forgot the exact context.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

On 1.08.2017 at 2:51 AM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

The spikes in the eyes were sometimes iron - one of the Inquisitors had iron eye spikes.

On 2.08.2017 at 4:47 PM, Oversleep said:

Really? I must have missed that. Who was that and in which book?

I was being dumb here, sorry.

Inquisitors do not have iron spikes, as iron steals human strength.

Edited by Oversleep

• Chaos locked this topic