Elantris Movie Casting

On 8/5/2017 at 11:26 PM, Toaster Retribution said:

My idea of it:

Raoden - Matthew Lewis

Sarene - Elizabeth Debicki

Hrathen - Colin Farrell (yeah, this probably seems of for some, but I like it after Fantastic Beasts).

Lukel - Richard Madden (because KING IN THE NORTH!!!)

Shuden - John Boyega

Haven´t really though about the rest.

John as Shuden, love it!

Sarene would be someone tall, right? I cant decide whether shes talltall (180-200) or if shes just 'tall' (170cm) and everyone else just short. Either way, for some reason i cant stop seeing amanda seyfried as sarene?

and charlie cox as hrathen (colin firth is good)

1 hour ago, Discofrish said:

John as Shuden, love it!

Sarene would be someone tall, right? I cant decide whether shes talltall (180-200) or if shes just 'tall' (170cm) and everyone else just short. Either way, for some reason i cant stop seeing amanda seyfried as sarene?

and charlie cox as hrathen (colin firth is good)

The people in Arelon were on the shorter side. Debicki is pretty tall, and can be made even taller with filming tricks. I have a hard time seeing Seyfried in the role, but the only non-comedy role I've seen her in was Les Miserables, and I basically forgot her part of the movie...

Oh, and if you referred to my Hrathen suggestion, I suggested Colin Farrell, not Colin Firth :-) I could see Charlie Cox doing the role though.

12 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

The people in Arelon were on the shorter side. Debicki is pretty tall, and can be made even taller with filming tricks. I have a hard time seeing Seyfried in the role, but the only non-comedy role I've seen her in was Les Miserables, and I basically forgot her part of the movie...

Oh, and if you referred to my Hrathen suggestion, I suggested Colin Farrell, not Colin Firth :-) I could see Charlie Cox doing the role though.

I mixed them up. Too many Colin F.'s

Funnily enough, my first thought for casting Sarene was... Shallan Davar. :P Guess I just see them as too similar, lol.

Colin Farrell as Hrathen and John Boyega as Shuden sound just right. Now I'm gonna see their faces over the characters whenever I reread Elantris.

And here's a random thought -- Timothy Spall as Wyrn?

On 17 augusti 2017 at 8:00 AM, theravenchilde said:

Galladon is cannonically black/dark-skinned y'all get yo Ryans outta here

We could try to find a dark-skinned Ryan...?

In all honesty though, I agree, Galladon is canon black, and I think the actor should be too. Dunno who though. DeObia Oparei maybe?

Also, btw, @Nathrangking Alfred Molina is my fan cast for Suit lol, but I guess he could do Eventeo as well.

Edited by Toaster Retribution

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Benedict Cumberbatch as Hrathen

Daniel Radcliffe as Raoden

Isabelle Fuhrman as Sarene

Domhnall Gleeson as Dilaf

David Harewood as Galloden

John Goodman as Kiin

Harrison Ford as Roial

Ben Whishaw as the voice of Ashe

Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Karata

Anthony Daniels as Mareshe

Daniel Dae Kim as Shuden

Anthony Head as Iadon

Henry Cavill as Dashe

(Really didn't want to reach into GoT but....)

Maisie Williams as Matisse

• Chaos locked this topic