Ghastly Gondola

Ammanas

So I feel that I am missing something with what is going on with this Broadsheet story in Bands of Mourning. What exactly is going on? Is the haunted man from another world or a South Scadrial? What were those ghost things that attacked the Leecher?

Edited by Ammanas

It's assumed (confirmed?) to be Nazh, Khriss' secret agent man. The weapon seems to be some sort of Shade- based weapon from Threnody but I think that's speculation. I'm fascinated by it. 

Edit - This WoB doesn't prove it but that was pretty Nazhish stuff. A map. Being a sullen space-ninja.

SCOTTWO

Nazh?

BRANDON SANDERSON

I also got confirmation from him that Nazh appears in the broadsheets that are scattered throughout the Bands of Mourning. And he's doing something very Nazh-ish.

Edited by Extesian

Yeah, we know Nazh was on Scadrial at the relevant time (because Khriss showed up at the party to grill Wax on Crasher mechanics and she and Nazh also put in an advertisement in the same broadsheet) and the description of the mysterious gun sounds very much like it's Shade-derived technology. That said, determining exactly what in these broadsheets is true and what's exaggeration or outright lies isn't an exact science. But you might recognize the name of that story's protagonist. 'Nicki Savage' also appeared in the Shadows of Self broadsheets as Nicelle Sauvage in the 'Visitors from another world' story.

1 hour ago, Weltall said:

Yeah, we know Nazh was on Scadrial at the relevant time (because Khriss showed up at the party to grill Wax on Crasher mechanics and she and Nazh also put in an advertisement in the same broadsheet) and the description of the mysterious gun sounds very much like it's Shade-derived technology. That said, determining exactly what in these broadsheets is true and what's exaggeration or outright lies isn't an exact science. But you might recognize the name of that story's protagonist. 'Nicki Savage' also appeared in the Shadows of Self broadsheets as Nicelle Sauvage in the 'Visitors from another world' story.

hrm. never noticed that before. shade based technology? ill have to go reread that.

• Chaos locked this topic