I'm real, I swear.

Calderis

What to you do for a living and how does it seem like you are in the shard 24/7? 

Favorite authors besides Sanderson?

Does your significant other get your Cosmere fascination? (Mine doesn't, but she is understanding about it.)

Do you think your meteoric rise within the Sanderson community could lead to being a Beta Reader? Would you accept if approached?

17 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

What to you do for a living and how does it seem like you are in the shard 24/7? 

I work construction actually. I'm a union steamfitter. I specialize in detailing which Means I go out with dot and line Lazer and take notes of measurements and then sit at a table for hours on end making isometric drawings for our fab shop to build and other people to install. 

Most of my time is spent at a table/desk and at this job site there's free wifi. As long as I produce enough drawings to stay ahead of the guy's installing, no one really cares what I do. 

21 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Favorite authors besides Sanderson?

Martin, Tolkien, Butcher. 

I'll read just about anything though as long as it's not romance. 

23 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Does your significant other get your Cosmere fascination? (Mine doesn't, but she is understanding about it.)

Yes and no. She's not a fan, but she is an aspiring author so she gets it. She also is an avid Gardener and spends most of her time not writing on plant oriented forums so... 

24 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Do you think your meteoric rise within the Sanderson community could lead to being a Beta Reader? Would you accept if approached?

I hadn't honestly considered it. My initial gut reaction is yes I'd take it because... Yeah. But it would also mean giving up the open speculation and having my thoughts colored by things that may have changed once the final book released... So in the end... I don't think I'd want it. 

26 minutes ago, Jonathon said:

How have you gotten so good at pretending to be a person?

35 years of practice. 

26 minutes ago, King Cole said:

DO YOU SLEEP???? 

Honestly though, do you?

Yes. As I've said before, 10:30 pm to 5:30 am pacific time. 

24 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

Can you prove to me your existence?

Beyond the things I've posted here and in the featured forum members thread? I guess not. 

25 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

What is your opinion on pineapple pizza?

Only if there's also jalapeños and hot sauce. 

25 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

What is your opinion on fry sauce? 

Varies by recipe. Some are delicious and others are trash. 

Can you prove you're self-aware? :P

Honestly - even though I haven't seen much of you - it seems you're doing good work, please keep that up. Ever since admins abandoned the lore and mods turned against us I haven't seen much people who know their WoBs like you do.

Also, there's something other I'd want to ask you but it's related to my side project so if you're fine with me asking you few questions please send me a PM :)

35 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Ever since admins abandoned the lore and mods turned against us I haven't seen much people who know their WoBs like you 

I don't know what this means would you mind explaining? I am a fairly recent member of the shard and feel like I am missing something.

46 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Can you prove you're self-aware?

Apparently not to a satisfactory degree. 

Honestly - even though I haven't seen much of you - it seems you're doing good work, please keep that up. Ever since admins abandoned the lore and mods turned against us I haven't seen much people who know their WoBs like you do.

That... Means a lot actually. During the majority of the time that I lurked here, you were active and one of the people I've always held in high regard. Thank you. 

Also, there's something other I'd want to ask you but it's related to my side project so if you're fine with me asking you few questions please send me a PM

I currently have PM's disabled. It's kind of a personal restriction, much like Dalinar, to keep some level of separation between the Shard and my life. I'd be happy to help though. Let me figure out a compromise, even if it's temporary.  

12 minutes ago, Jonathon said:

@Calderis I have a very important question:

Will you forgive me for inciting question upon question about you even being real due to my lackluster attempt to entertain you with a conspiracy theory?

Gladly. It's been more entertaining than annoying, so you succeeded.

Edit: I could add to the conspiracy theory here to. See, my name is Jonathan. Awfully close to yours isn't it @Jonathon?  

Edited by Calderis

25 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I currently have PM's disabled. It's kind of a personal restriction, much like Dalinar, to keep some level of separation between the Shard and my life. I'd be happy to help though. Let me figure out a compromise, even if it's temporary.  

Do you do Discord? We could hold a private conversation there. (It's Shard-related stuff but I'm keeping it quiet cause I don't even know if I will be able to do it. It's mostly about WoBs).

28 minutes ago, Calderis said:

That... Means a lot actually. During the majority of the time that I lurked here, you were active and one of the people I've always held in high regard. Thank you. 

I wish I could still be as active and shower people with WoBs... but I got tangled up in my own projects (one of which is the one I want to ask you some stuff for) so I had to cut down my Shard time.
Thank you for your words of appreciation.

40 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

I don't know what this means would you mind explaining? I am a fairly recent member of the shard and feel like I am missing something.

"Ever since admins abandoned the lore and mods turned against us" is a line paraphrased from the Way of Kings blurb: "The age before the Heralds abandoned us and the Knights Radiant turned against us".
My line references the fact that old guard gets caught up in administration stuff and they just can't keep up as much as they would want to. It breaks my heart.
I fear it's happening to me too.

i know i plan on going theory crazy when oathbringer comes out. I just somewhat feel like we've exhausted a lot of the information we have already. But once oathbringer comes out we'll know more about the cosmere, and I can theorize and figure out stuff.

Not to mention I would like to be on top of the puzzle solving (as he always has one of those puzzles or codes to solve). I'm so excited.

37 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Who is your favorite Cosmere character?

So far, Taravangian. 

38 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

If you could create a Cosmere magic system, what would it be like?

This would require a lot of thought

If you could have a Cosmere magic, which one would you want? (You could also be a Twinborn)

If I were limited to one? Hmm, give me 5000 breath. I'm sure I could be trusted with immortality and a couple thousand to play with. 

17 minutes ago, Calderis said:

It was the last name of a character that I wrote when I was 15.

S'Rai Ashara Calderis. 

It stuck and I've used it as a username for two decades now. 

Dang. That's pretty cool.

It's weird seeing it as part of a name instead of as a username lol