Okay, a really simple forum topic that we can do to pass the time till oathbringer releases, DeathBattle is obviously a cosmere version of the youtube series of the same name. We pick two characters, with no holds-barred, just who would win in a fight to the death.

I'll start you off with 3 (If you are arguing about a battle please make sure you qoute JUST the selected fight and NOT the entire message)

- The Lord Ruler (After he loses Ascension power, basically just a lersaium fullborn) VS Szeth-Son-Son-Vallano (with a nahel bond to what we assume MAY be nightblood)

- Odium (Rayse) Vs Ruin (Ati) 

-  Vin (Pre-Ascencion, No mist-burning) Vs Lift (I do not know much about Lift as i haven't read "Edgedancer" yet but i know about her magic)

-- Please note that all battles will take place on a perfect replica of yolen, same size, gravity, and other cosmere standards. take the gravity differences into account, as roshar has relatively light gravity, and scadrial has quite heavy gravity, meaning Scadrians will be faster and stronger, while Rosharans will be weaker and slower (not by much however, it isn't a HUGE gravity change)

UPDATE: the third three battles have been resolved! The Winners Are:

- It's a tie! neither one has the full capabilities to kill the other!

- The Girls win this one! Jasnah has a close-ranged insta-kill in the form of soulcasting and vin can 1v1 any of the two!

- Spook Easily Beat Adolin! It's pretty clear a shardset is no match for a mistborn

TOURNAMENT EVENT! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION!

IT HAS BEGUN:

here are the contestants!

Tournament Entry’s:

The Format Goes like:
Contestand - Person who submitted it (Coach) - Native planet

Marsh - Winter Devotion - Scadrial
Vasher - Zodiac - Nalthis
Arclo - Cloudjumper - Roshar
Raoden - Asterion137 - Elantris
Vin - Taliax - Scadrial
Kelsier - Toaster Retribution - Scadrial
Jasnah - Agent34 - Roshar
Kaladin - Idealistic - Scadrial
Elend - Nohadon - Scadrial
Denth - Nathrangking -Nalthis

BRACKETS: 

(These were completely randomized, i used a random number generator numbering the characters 1-10)

Kaladin Vs Arclo                   

Vasher Vs Raoden

Marsh Vs Jasnah 

Vin Vs Denth 

Kelsier Vs Elend 

GOOD LUCK TO ALL, THE WINNER GETS TO FIGHT A NON-COSMERE THREAT (And the coach get's bragging rights)
Edited by Nohadon
Update : 4

20 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

The Lord Ruler (After he loses Ascension power, basically just a lersaium fullborn) VS Szeth-Son-Son-Vallano (with a nahel bond to what we assume MAY be nightblood)

TLR could blitz him with compounded F-Steel and slaps his head off before Szeth can react. He probably won't though. I don't think Rashek is stupid enough to let himself get hit by Nightblood, and if he puts in any effort he wins with ease.

22 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Odium (Rayse) Vs Ruin (Ati)

Odium reigns-he actually has experience killing shards.

22 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Vin (Pre-Ascencion, No mist-burning) Vs Lift (I do not know much about Lift as i haven't read "Edgedancer" yet but i know about her magic)

Lift isn't a fighter, plus she's in a 43% increased gravity environment in which her organs will probably fail in minutes, plus her powers aren't versatile enough to kill vin even if the fight was on Roshar and she had time to prepare. Ouch.

1. Okay so a lerasium fullborn to me is really, really OP. Compounding for all 16 metals = infinite steelrunning. On the other hand, Szeth has some stormlight and Nightblood. Nightblood could potentially do some damage but only if Szeth gets close. About the gravitational change, Roshar has 0.7G, so that would mean a huge change for all Rosharans (except Odium obviously). Szeth has the surge of Gravitation though, so maybe he might still live.

2. Odium wins. Ruin is much more invested into Scadrial than Odium is to Braize. Odium has moved around quite a bit, while Ruin pretty much just stayed on Scadrial since the Shattering. 

3. We have WoB that states that a Radiant could defeat a mistborn in a straight out fight, while a mistborn could kill a Radiant if there are unfair tactics allowed. However, Lift isn't a Radiant. Lift is a proto-radiant, and that makes a big difference because the way she is right now Lift has no shardplate, which makes all the difference in a fight. Further, Lift has no ranged abilities, so provided Vin has coins she can essentially kite Lift a bunch of times until she has no Stormlight. 

I think that this round would be much fairer if Vin has no steelpushing, so I'll do that one too.

So Vin now is essentially a supercool supersoldier now. Her only fighting ability is pewter, but she still has her knives and stuff.

Lift has a shardblade and a lot of heals. 

Vin cannot one-shot Lift, while Lift can one-shot Vin. 

Disregarding gravity, Lift wins.

Edited by cloudjumper

1. Lord Ruler as compounding is stupidly op and szeth could literally do nothing

2. Odium. He has destroyed shards before and we have no reason to think that Ruin was stronger than the average shard

3.Not sure here, could go either way based on circumstances

First off, if you name a topic DeathBattle, you have basically summoned me. As for the fights:

1. TLR vs Szeth: TLR crushes Szeth. Fullborns are extremely dangerous. Also, TLR has more experience than Szeth.

2. Odium would probably win, since he has experience. 

3. Depends on the amount of metals, and the amount of Stormlight. I will say that Vin takes the majority though. Lift is good at getting away, but is an untrained fighter. Vin is basically a killer. She would probably take Lift in a fight (also, Atium).

8 hours ago, cloudjumper said:

3. We have WoB that states that a Radiant could defeat a mistborn in a straight out fight, while a mistborn could kill a Radiant if there are unfair tactics allowed.

Doesn't that WoB specifically state Windrunner vs mistborn?

5 minutes ago, Agent34 said:

Doesn't that WoB specifically state Windrunner vs mistborn?

That's exactly what it says 

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1152#25

QUESTION

We were wondering who would win in a fight, a Mistborn or a Windrunner.

BRANDON SANDERSON

It would really depend on the situation. I would say the Windrunner would win on a battlefield and the Mistborn will when at sneaking around and slitting people’s throats

And this WoB does not mean that a Windrunner automatically wins just because he is a Windrunner. For example, Kaladin at the end of WoK is a Windrunner, but he is unexperienced with his powers. Against someone like Vin, or Kelsier, who knows exactly what they are doing, WoK Kaladin would most likely still lose. 

Edited by Toaster Retribution

3 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

And this WoB does not mean that a Windrunner automatically wins just because he is a Windrunner. For example, Kaladin at the end of WoK is a Windrunner, but he is unexperienced with his powers. Against someone like Vin, or Kelsier, who knows exactly what they are doing, WoK Kaladin would most likely still lose. 

I fully agree. I always took that WoB to mean a fight between a fully trained and equipped member of both groups. 

As to the OP 

1: TLR because he trounces anything. Vin wouldn't have beat him if the mists weren't involved. He was overconfident, justifiably, and the mists allowed her to push off his bracers which there was no reason for him to realistically expect anyone ever being able to do. 

2: I give it to Odium. He knows how to Splinter another Shard. If Ati/Ruin had known how, Preservation would have been splintered between his freedom from the well and Ati's death. 

3: Vin, because trained fighter/assassin with full Mistborn powers vs a slippery kid who can heal pretty well... 

UPDATE: the first three battles have been resolved! The Winners Are:

- The Lord Ruler

- Odium

- Vin

I will add three more! And these are:

- Miles Dagouter Vs Renarin Kholin

- Shai (Forger) Vs Shallan Davar (No Shardblade, as that would be a stomp)

- Kaladin (Pre Shard-Spear) Vs Elend Venture (Lerasium Mistborn)

Also: I don't have to make all of these! try make your own and post it as a reply! (please, this is harder than it looks for me)

1. Miles would most likely take Renarin. A few well-placed gunshots should be enough to finish Renarin, who, just like Lift, lacks experience. Gold can't heal Shardblade wounds though, right?

2. Tough one. Shallan has to have some sort of weapon, so I assume she has a knife/sword of some sort. So if she can fool Shai with Lightweaving and stab her in the back, she would win. If she fails, Shai would take it, since she is a better fighter.

3. Elend would win, since he would pull on the spear and steal it. Then he would shoot Kaladin with coins. If he has Atium, it will be even worse for poor Kaladin.

Oh, and @Nohadon, I can probably make some fights later, if anyone is interested.

11 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Miles Dagouter Vs Renarin Kholin

Miles miles miles. F-gold heals the soul, so he'd recover from Shardblade wounds, and he's absolutely relentless.

Shai (Forger) Vs Shallan Davar (No Shardblade, as that would be a stomp)

Without Pattern as a blade (which I think is unrealistic as she's had access to it from the beginning even if she refused to admit it) I think it would still go to Shallan. I love Shai, and soulforging can make her do some awesome things, but I doubt she could overcome Stormlight healing and illusions. 

Kaladin (Pre Shard-Spear) Vs Elend Venture (Lerasium Mistborn)

Pre-shard spear I give it to Elend. Especially if he has that Koloss sword. 

Edited by Calderis

1. Miles has near-infinite regen. Renarin has some shardplate and blade, but can't really use it well. And we've seen Miles literally blow up a grenade in his own hand and come out of it. Miles can heal from spiritual wounds, and he has unlimited heals. Miles wins by stabbing or shooting Renarin roughly around the visor slit repeatedly until a lucky shot goes in, or running away and getting hit and stuff until Renarin's stormlight from his plate runs out. 

2. Shaizon has cool fighting skills. Shallan has regen and lightweaving. If Shaizon can run away for until Shallan runs out of Stormlight that would be great, but Shaizon has no knowledge of Shallan's abilities and so probably will attack and likely go for a quick victory because of Shallan's harmless-looking appearance. Even though Shaizon will deliver a killing blow, this will leave her exposed and Shallan will kill her and regenerate. If Shaizon is smart enough not to do that, Shallan can disappear in a crowd of duplicates, blind Shai with a bunch of illusions waving arms in her face, and stab her in the back. 

3. Even though Elend doesn't have as much training or fighting skill as Kaladin, he has brute force. Kaladin can regen and kill people but Elend can pepper him with coins and do cool stuff with pewter and Kaladin's spearhead.

Also as a side, anyone who has the gravitation surge is unaffected by the gravity difference as they can simply output additional gravity to counteract it.

24 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Miles miles miles. F-gold heals the soul, so he'd recover from Shardblade wounds, and he's absolutely relentless.

wait really, i didn't think it could.

5 minutes ago, cloudjumper said:

Miles has near-infinite regen. Renarin has some shardplate and blade, but can't really use it well. And we've seen Miles literally blow up a grenade in his own hand and come out of it. Miles can heal from spiritual wounds, and he has unlimited heals. Miles wins by stabbing or shooting Renarin roughly around the visor slit repeatedly until a lucky shot goes in, or running away and getting hit and stuff until Renarin's stormlight from his plate runs out. 

Renarin has the regrowth surge, that was the theme, they could both heal, alot.

36 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

- Shai (Forger) Vs Shallan Davar (No Shardblade, as that would be a stomp)

The main theme for this one was Soulcasting Vs Soulforging.

1 minute ago, Calderis said:

Should have gone with Jasnah over Shallan then. Shallan has only really worked with Lightweaving. 

i thought about jasnah, but she is too op with soul-casting, she LITERALLY TURNED SOMEONE INTO FIRE!

6 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

i thought about jasnah, but she is too op with soul-casting, she LITERALLY TURNED SOMEONE INTO FIRE!

Yeah. Shallan could do the exact same if she had any idea how.

In sheer ability to effect change, soulcasting beats forging. Hands down. 

@Nohadon @Toaster Retribution

Just because it's relevant, and it's an awesome WoB, here you go. F-Gold definitely heals the soul

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1084#69

KURKISTAN (GOODREADS)

Could Miles heal back his Allomancy if it was spiked out of him?

BRANDON SANDERSON

No, he could not. He would no longer be an Allomancer. Also, he'd probably be dead. :)

KURKISTAN

I'd thought maybe he could just do some super-tapping from his existing Health in his goldminds (since he'd still have his Feruchemy)...

BRANDON SANDERSON

Oh, I see what you're asking. Using Feruchemy to heal the removed portion of soul. That's actually plausible, not so different from healing other kinds of soul-wounds. If he survived, then yes, this actually might work. (That's why I get for reading the questions so quickly.)

Edited by Calderis

2 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Miles Dagouter Vs Renarin Kholin

I am going with Miles, he has guns, dynamite and infinite healing, he is a good shooter and Renarin can be call a mediocre warrior at most.

Shai (Forger) Vs Shallan Davar (No Shardblade, as that would be a stomp)

Without shardblade I think Shai might win but is a tough one, Shallan is not a warrior but can heal herself and make illusions, Shai can forge herself as a warrior.

Kaladin (Pre Shard-Spear) Vs Elend Venture (Lerasium Mistborn)

Without shardblade Elend would win, he can disarm Kaladin with some pulls and kill him in a second with a duralumin push,even if he can dodge the fatal shots he'll need to use the stormlight to heal himself.Elend can still kill him with a sword, Kaladin is a better fighter but at this point he has little stormlight and hasn't any weapon and Elend has pewter strength and speed.