Words of Wisdom

ryshadium90

"Iis not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly,…1

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." 2

-Teddy Rosevelt

• 3 weeks later...

"Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime, teach a fish to man and he'll always be an outcast." -unknown

"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away." - Hitch (movie)

• 2 weeks later...

There is kind of a theme to these ones. 

"When you can laugh at yourself no one can ever make a fool out of you." - Joan Rivers

"Each of us has a spark of life inside us, and our highest endeavor ought to be to set off that spark in one another." - Kenny Ausubel

"I have always felt that laughter in the face of reality is probably the finest sound there is and will last until the day when the game is called on account of darkness. In this world, a good time to laugh is any time you can." - Linda Ellerbee

• 1 month later...

Counting By Sevens is an absolutely amazing book. 

Read it.

Spoiler

“For someone grieving, moving forward is the challenge. Because after extreme loss, you want to go back.” 
 Holly Goldberg Sloan, Counting by 7s

“When you care about other people, it takes the spotlight off your own drama.” 

“A second can feel like forever if what follows is heartbreak.” 

“And endings are always the beginnings of something else.” 

“And just being there is ninety-nine percent of what matters when your world falls apart” 

[T]he deepest form of pain comes out as silence.” 

“maybe that happens when you've been through a lot. all of your edges are worn off, like sea glass. either that, or you shatter.” 

“if your lost you might need to swim against the tide” 

“I'm putting my place in the universe into perspective.
I'm stardust.
I'm golden brown.
I'm just one small bit in a vast expanse.” 

If your like me and you like long lists of quotes form one person at a time, https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/19034797-counting-by-7s.

And this:

"Even when the dark comes crashing through, when you need a friend to carry you, when you're broken on the ground, you will be found." -Dear Evan Hansen (Best. Musical. Ever).

"When the sharpest words wanna cut me down. I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out. I am brave, I am bruised, I am who I'm meant to be, this is me." -The Greatest Showman (One of my favorite movies of all time).

"You don't deserve a second chance. You still need a first." -Teshani Kholin (Let's just say, our RP can get REALLY depressing. And it was usually @Shadows4Silence).

Edited by Tesh

• 1 year later...

"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." -G.K. Chesterton 

"You can’t get angry just because you can’t control the world as you please." -Cho Kyuhyun

“Don’t follow people. Follow principle.” -Ben Shapiro

"I have little doubt that when St. George had killed the dragon he was heartily afraid of the princess." -G.K. Chesterton