Crazy Mistborn Era 3 Theory

Toaster Retribution

I dislike your theory. Not because it's a bad idea, but because it's believable. 

Edit: have an upvote for putting forward the idea that my brain has been activily avoiding due to Kelsier love. 

Edited by Calderis

30 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I dont know if this has been suggested before, and I doubt it will come true, but I will just throw it there:

Mistborn Era 3 will contain the hunt for a Mistborn serial killer. What if that killer is Kelsier?

We know that Kelsier is somewhat of a psychopath, we know that he will be featured in Era 3, we can assume that he has an agenda, and that his actions wont necessarily be good ones. 

Kelsier always had the potential to become an antagonist/villain. What if he has become one, in Era 3?

That would sure the survivorists into a tizzy

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

I dislike your theory. Not because it's a bad idea, but because it's believable. 

Edit: have an upvote for putting forward the idea that my brain has been activily avoiding due to Kelsier love. 

I love Kelsier too (he is my favorite character ever) but I think that if he becomes a villain, he will become a good guy again in some way. Kelsiers arc seems to be about becoming a better, more selfless person. If he goes bad, it will be a step on the way in that arc, which will end in a good way. 

If the serial killer is Kelsier, he'd likely have a good reason for it.

That said, I have a crazy Kelsier-related theory for Mistborn era 3: If Trell is Bavadin, I theorize that by the end of it, Kelsier takes up the Shard of Autonomy.

3 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I dont know if this has been suggested before, and I doubt it will come true, but I will just throw it out there:

Mistborn Era 3 will contain the hunt for a Mistborn serial killer. What if that killer is Kelsier?

We know that Kelsier is somewhat of a psychopath, we know that he will be featured in Era 3, we can assume that he has an agenda, and that his actions wont necessarily be good ones. 

Kelsier always had the potential to become an antagonist/villain. What if he has become one, in Era 3?

That seems unlikely; Kelsier appears to be a fullborn these days; at least, he was able to make the Bands of Mourning, so if he isn't technically a fullborn, he may as well be.  Vin was really only able to kill TLR because he was extremely overconfident, somewhat unhinged, she was being fueled by Preservation's power to supercharge her allomancy, she was a mistborn, and his atiumminds weren't firmly attached to him.

Another fullborn bad guy might just be too much for Scadrians to deal with...They'd probably just have to let him win and do what he said or face destruction...

6 minutes ago, hwiles said:

That seems unlikely; Kelsier appears to be a fullborn these days; at least, he was able to make the Bands of Mourning, so if he isn't technically a fullborn, he may as well be.  Vin was really only able to kill TLR because he was extremely overconfident, somewhat unhinged, she was being fueled by Preservation's power to supercharge her allomancy, she was a mistborn, and his atiumminds weren't firmly attached to him.

Another fullborn bad guy might just be too much for Scadrians to deal with...They'd probably just have to let him win and do what he said or face destruction...

The Scadrians have Marsh, who is an Inquisitor, and basically has the same powerset as a Fullborn (plus Atium). They also have kandra, and maybe some interesting things that Harmony can come up with (if he is still around).

Just now, Toaster Retribution said:

The Scadrians have Marsh, who is an Inquisitor, and basically has the same powerset as a Fullborn (plus Atium). They also have Kandra, and maybe some interesting things that Harmony can come up with (if he is still around).

Marsh is not a Fullborn. He has never been a Fullborn. He only has 22 Spikes, and they are not varied enough to grant all the powers anyway.

At the height of his power, just before Harmony, he had 22 spikes (8 Steel, 2 Pewter, 8 Bronze, 2 Gold, 1 Aluminum and 1 Atium).

Just now, The One Who Connects said:

Marsh is not a Fullborn. He has never been a Fullborn. He only has 22 Spikes, and they are not varied enough to grant all the powers anyway.

Thanks for the correction. What I wanted to get at is that Marsh is pretty powerful, especially with Atium, something that Kelsier does not have, as far as we know. And if things start to go real south, they could always add some more spikes (I doubt they will go that route though).

1 minute ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Thanks for the correction. What I wanted to get at is that Marsh is pretty powerful, especially with Atium, something that Kelsier does not have, as far as we know. And if things start to go real south, they could always add some more spikes (I doubt they will go that route though).

No worries. You aren't the first, and certainly won't be the last, to make that mistake about Marsh. People don't seem to grasp just how many spikes 34 powers(counting Atium) really is. I'll admit that he could use Atium to his advantage, but that'd require Sazed to make more(which he might do, actually. Help balance out that extra Ruin even more for a few centuries)

I agree about not going the more spikes route, but probably for different reasons. I don't think Marsh would approve of it. He feels.. worn out. I don't think he'd want to go further down the rabbit hole of Soul Splicing.

4 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

I agree about not going the more spikes route, but probably for different reasons. I don't think Marsh would approve of it. He feels.. worn out. I don't think he'd want to go further down the rabbit hole of Soul Splicing.

I don't think Marsh wants it either, but shouldn't Harmony/other Shard be able to make him do it? I guess mind-controlling Marsh would go against Harmonys Intent though, but maybe, if the situation is desperate enough.

Random question: could someone compound zinc or brass in order to mind-control Marsh and make him spike himself?

4 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Random question: could someone compound zinc or brass in order to mind-control Marsh and make him spike himself?

Vin tried a Duralumin Soothing to take him over like Koloss/Kandra in HoA. (Yomen's throne room, I believe)

Didn't Work.

Granted, this could be because of Ruin's control over him being stronger, but that's acceptable. Ruin physically ripped nearly 40,000 Koloss from Elend's control all at once. Harmony could devote the smallest fraction of effort to snatch Marsh back from anyone who tried to control him. Then Harmony can go back to non-intervention and let Marsh take care of the problem himself.

11 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Granted, this could be because of Ruin's control over him being stronger, but that's acceptable. Ruin physically ripped nearly 40,000 Koloss from Elend's control all at once. Harmony could devote the smallest fraction of effort to snatch Marsh back from anyone who tried to control him. Then Harmony can go back to non-intervention and let Marsh take care of the problem himself.

Or the zinc/brass guy is allied with Harmony, and is controlling Marsh for him. Harmony has problems interfering directly, and so he needs humans to help him (Wax for example). If that is the case, Harmony would not take Marsh back from the guy controlling him, and go along with it instead. In the end, that could result in Marsh being mind-controlled into spiking himself.

What I´m suggesting is basically that Kelsier appears as a threat, Harmony needs Marsh to fight him, but Marsh is too weak. So Harmony allies with a twinborn who can compound brass/zinc to control Marsh, make him spike himself, and then fight Kelsier. 

And yes, I know that this plotline is extremely unlikely.

Just now, Toaster Retribution said:

What I´m suggesting is basically that Kelsier appears as a threat, Harmony needs Marsh to fight him, but Marsh is too weak. So Harmony allies with a twinborn who can compound brass/zinc to control Marsh, make him spike himself, and then fight Kelsier.

And yes, I know that this plotline is extremely unlikely.

The likeliness factor has never stopped us before. I will say that you're looking at the other compounding, which is gonna affect the idea.

You're using Feruchemy to enhance Allomancy, which is one of the less nailed down things in the compounding scene.

21 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

The likeliness factor has never stopped us before. I will say that you're looking at the other compounding, which is gonna affect the idea.

You're using Feruchemy to enhance Allomancy, which is one of the less nailed down things in the compounding scene.

Whoops. The metallic arts are not my strong suit, but since we think that it is possible for feruchemy to enhance allomancy (we do think that it is possible, right?) I am going to guess that Brandon will delve into that in Era 3. 

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

we do think that it is possible, right?

We know it's possible. We've known about it for centuries, but that doesn't mean we know how. Last time the discussion actually happened was here, but that was last november.

It is worth pointing out that - despite what Brandon has said - Kell fails the PCLR, which means he isn't 'technically' a psychopath. He also does not have ASPD. And while Kell enjoys killing and causing pain, it is not only something he controls, the pleasure isn't sexual and he clearly had a happy long term relationship. He also wants to be good, which plays an important role in his personality and self image. All of which makes it very unlikely that he would suddenly start killing people for no purpose. (Now, if the people were enemies of Scadrial...)

But that isn't the only issue with the theory. I believe (it's been a while since I looked these up) that there are indications that this Mistborn would be a new one. And Brandon's comments at the end of SH do indicate that Kelsier is on a heroic journey. There is also the fact that Brandon has said that this plot [SWAT team vs Mistborn] is losing prominence, due to W&W being written. None of this actively contradicts the theory, but it does make it unlikely.

2 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

But that isn't the only issue with the theory. I believe (it's been a while since I looked these up) that there are indications that this Mistborn would be a new one. And Brandon's comments at the end of SH do indicate that Kelsier is on a heroic journey. There is also the fact that Brandon has said that this plot [SWAT team vs Mistborn] is losing prominence, due to W&W being written. None of this actively contradicts the theory, but it does make it unlikely.

Man that sucks I was really looking forward to the original modern trilogy idea :(

at least I'm sure Brandon will probably give us a good replacement. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
45 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Sadly, Kelsier has too many spikes in him as of BoM! if this happened, either sazed or marsh would probably step in, tell him to stop (or beat him up) then drag him back to whatever shard world he was on before.

He only has one confirmed spike

Just now, Shqueeves said:

He only has one confirmed spike

But he made the bands of mourning, suggesting he is fullborn, as you need a full born to make those bands and the only other fullborns (or close to fullborns) are Marsh (Close) TLR and Hoid and good luck getting TLR or Hoid to make those.

39 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

only other fullborns (or close to fullborns) are Marsh (Close) TLR and Hoid and good luck getting TLR or Hoid to make those.

Do remember that Hoid is not confirmed to have Feruchemy, meaning that Marsh is closer to Fullborn than Hoid is.