UK cover reveal

Calderis

Anyone wonder why the sun is so big in the cover?  Made me wonder if she's visiting Ashyn...

Assuming it is Roshar, I give up.  It's a very non-revealing cover.  She's not wearing any regal dresses, so I am assuming she hasn't reached any Alethi lands...

8 hours ago, axcellence said:

Anyone wonder why the sun is so big in the cover?  Made me wonder if she's visiting Ashyn...

Assuming it is Roshar, I give up.  It's a very non-revealing cover.  She's not wearing any regal dresses, so I am assuming she hasn't reached any Alethi lands...

Maybe to give an Eastern/Asian feel to the cover?

I think it's okay. I think it's Jasnah. I personally feel that the US cover is more visually stimulating than the UK one. I think the US one tells more of a story. But, the UK version does kinda make Jasnah look like a boss. 

As with all the UK/US cover differences I have a preference for abstract over detailed covers. This is really just because I like to give my imagination full freedom to interpret what I'm reading.

That said I think the US covers are artistically much more pleasing than the UK ones.

On July 14, 2017 at 4:29 PM, StrikerEZ said:

Also, this is kind of obvious, but why the heck is her safehand not completely covered, assuming it is Jasnah?

I agree that it's probably Jasnah, but I certainly did not imagine her with bangs. About her safehand, it does say in the epilogue of WoR that she had "sewn herself a glove out of something improvised" but also that her clothing was in tatters and her face burned. Based on that, she's probably not going to care much of her glove gets ripped. Of course, she could have Elsecalled or somehow traveled somewhere where safehands are often uncovered. 

I think the 'claws' aren't part of her cloak either. The cloak stops where her leg begins. It looks like a rip in her leggings, maybe with some blood on them.

I personally prefer the US cover, but I think both could have been better. At least somewhat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic