UK cover reveal

Calderis

29 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

I don't know it looks like like its supposed to be Shallan to me.

I assumed Jasnah because of the US cover, plus straight dark hair instead of light and curls... 

Either way, I don't really like it, which is disappointing, I've like both of the other UK covers better. 

I want to know who it's supposed to be now though. 

1 minute ago, Calderis said:

What's in her left hand? 

It doesn't look like anything is in it to me, just that she has her hand in a fist.

Also, this is kind of obvious, but why the heck is her safehand not completely covered, assuming it is Jasnah?

For some reason, when I look at her face, I see marbled skin, though I doubt it's a Parshendi. I don't think I remember them having hair/clothes, though they might've.

1 minute ago, Calderis said:

No she's holding something. Her hand is holding a string and dangling below it are three claw like crystals/gemstones. 

If that's supposed to be the fake Soulcaster I hate it, and if not, what is it? 

Oh...I didn't even notice that. Nice eye.

I have no idea what it could be. You're right though, that looks nothing like what I'd imagined the soulcaster would like like.

I really feel that we are taking the cover too seriously  (I know we are Sharders its what we do) but many times the cover evokes a particular feeling or interpretation of events...many times it not really supposed to be accurate. It happens all the time. I just finished Dale Lucas' book The Fifth Ward; the badge on the front is nothing like the one described in the book, but it captures the essence of the book nicely.

Just now, Ammanas said:

I really feel that we are taking the cover too seriously  (I know we are Sharders its what we do) but many times the cover evokes a particular feeling or interpretation of events...many times it not really supposed to be accurate. It happens all the time. I just finished Dale Lucas' book The Fifth Ward; the badge on the front is nothing like the one described in the book, but it captures the essence of the book nicely.

You're totally right. Have an upvote for making me chill out 

33 minutes ago, Calderis said:

No she's holding something. Her hand is holding a string and dangling below it are three claw like crystals/gemstones. 

It took me a long time but that is her cloak; you can see how the long tatter crosses in front of her leg. She is not holding anything. The color is from the sun - you can see similar coloration on the left side of her torso. 

Or, at least, that is how I see it after starring for, what would be in real life, a rude amount of time.

10 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

Or, at least, that is how I see it after starring for, what would be in real life, a rude amount of time.

I've zoomed in and stared for entirely too long myself. I disagree. The three distinct overlapping pieces appear to be separate from the cloak scraps drifting over her legs, the position of her hand is that of a grip with the thumb held over a string clasped in her fist. 

Everywhere else in the picture that that coloring is used it is used as shading and does not have crisp edges the way those claws do. 

All considered though, whichever one of us is correct is probably inconsequential as Ammanas pointed out. 

2 hours ago, CaptainRyan said:

It took me a long time but that is her cloak; you can see how the long tatter crosses in front of her leg. She is not holding anything. The color is from the sun - you can see similar coloration on the left side of her torso. 

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

I've zoomed in and stared for entirely too long myself. I disagree. The three distinct overlapping pieces appear to be separate from the cloak scraps drifting over her legs, the position of her hand is that of a grip with the thumb held over a string clasped in her fist. 

Everywhere else in the picture that that coloring is used it is used as shading and does not have crisp edges the way those claws do. 

All considered though, whichever one of us is correct is probably inconsequential as Ammanas pointed out. 

I have looked at this for a few minutes and i agree with CaptainRyan. I think her hand is just held like it is loosely closed. The dark grey line immediately under her thumb looks like the dark grey from other parts of her clothing so i think it is just her clothing and not a string. Then the shimmering in what you describe as a claw is just like above on her torso/waist area with the red and shiny look. To me the 3 claws just look like the fabric is folded over and looks different because the fabric folds differently on that area of her body as opposed to her waist/torso area. The far right of the claws seems to merge into the rest of the fabric that drapes down and end near her feet. So looking at all that it just seems like clothing to me.

Also i don't think they would need to show her with a fake soulcaster. she doesn't need it and if she is wielding a shardblade in the open it is likely people in world would realize she is a KR and so she wouldn't need to keep pretending she uses a soulcaster. But like you said, who knows if who is correct and it is probably not that consequential.

6 hours ago, Calderis said:

hate to brake it to you, but thats just a cloak, not string

also, those crystals arent crystals, that's just gaps (tassels?) in her cloak where the background is showing through, explaining why they are all reddish in colour

7 hours ago, Calderis said:

I assumed Jasnah because of the US cover, plus straight dark hair instead of light and curls... 

Either way, I don't really like it, which is disappointing, I've like both of the other UK covers better. 

I want to know who it's supposed to be now though. 

it's jasnah, take a look at her hands, shallan freaks out whenever hers are even remotely ungloved, jasnah wouldn't really care as much. additionally that clothing doesnt seem to be vorin (i think its vorin, is that shallan's culture?) at all, unless this is shallan in a lightweaving disguise?