Issue with Autonomy = Trell

Toaster Retribution

'Trellium' is from a Shard we knew as of August 2015. Since then, we've only learned about Ambition. Every other Shard we knew of is currently Invested in a planet, so regardless of who Trell is, we will have that same problem. There must be a way for a Shard to un-Invest, or at the very least send a portion of their power away. Harmony was still the only Shard on Scadrial as of Shadows of Self, so Trell wasn't even there personally.

I'll admit, there are edge case theories that can fit all these quotes in a way for Trell not to be a Shard (like Kelsier has gone to Sel and is sending pieces of Dominion back as Trellium), but they are much more complicated. Autonomy doesn't need to leave Taldain to be Trell; she just needs to be able to send pieces of her Investiture there to create Trellium. (There is also the question of who was speaking to Bleeder, guiding her, but again, since there was no other Shard on Scadrial by that point, that means that either a Shard was communicating from a distance, or a Shard's agent was actually doing the communication.)

• 1 month later...

On 7/14/2017 at 8:53 AM, Toaster Retribution said:

Autonomy is a popular theory for the identity of Trell, and I really like it. There is just one thing: how could Autonomy go to Scadrial? She is invested in the Taldain system as far as I know. So she shouldnt really be able to go anywhere.

Well, going along with Autonomy's intent... It may be a characteristic of Autonomy that it is not as easily tied down as other shards. Especially given that what we know about Autonomy suggests that that intent seems to concern mostly the shards own autonomy and not necessarily everyone else's

On 7/14/2017 at 11:23 AM, Pagerunner said:

(There is also the question of who was speaking to Bleeder, guiding her, but again, since there was no other Shard on Scadrial by that point, that means that either a Shard was communicating from a distance, or a Shard's agent was actually doing the communication.)

There is a WoB out there that says that as long as you can see one of Taldain's stars (most likely the daystar star), you can access Autonomy's investiture.

Q: Would someone with enough knowledge be able to use Autonomy’s investiture if Taldain could be seen from his world?

A: Ok so I’m on a world and I see Taldain’s star, are you asking if someone could use the investiture? Oh ok I see. Yeah yeah yeah yeah. That’s good! You stumped me. I haven’t gotten that question before. I would say yes, if the light particles are reaching you. I mean technically you could use the light from one of those stars to power a solar sail so…

• Chaos locked this topic