Theories for Mizzy's Power Set

Aon Ene

At the end of Calamity, it is revealed that Mizzy has become an Epic. However, I never read anything about her power set. I would think it has something to do with electronics/mechanics, as that was her forte. Possibly electricity manipulation? I'm just guessing, if you have a theory please leave it below!

A friend once suggested to me that she might have gotten Stormwind's powers (the weather Epic whose death at Sharp Tower created the risk of famine). That might seem like a convenient coincidence, but depending on how you interpret what happened with Calamity at the end and his motivations, he could have given her that powerset as a gesture of apology to the human species.

On 7/13/2017 at 2:35 PM, Aon Ene said:

At the end of Calamity, it is revealed that Mizzy has become an Epic. However, I never read anything about her power set. I would think it has something to do with electronics/mechanics, as that was her forte. Possibly electricity manipulation? I'm just guessing, if you have a theory please leave it below!

For "standard" Epics, their powers manifested as a want or desire; basically a wish.  So, I could see how electrical powers would be something she would want.

On 7/14/2017 at 2:30 PM, TheKittyOfAtlantis said:

A friend once suggested to me that she might have gotten Stormwind's powers (the weather Epic whose death at Sharp Tower created the risk of famine). That might seem like a convenient coincidence, but depending on how you interpret what happened with Calamity at the end and his motivations, he could have given her that powerset as a gesture of apology to the human species.

Alternatively, she could want a new niche.  And helping people without explosives could be her wish making her a compatible recipient to Stormwind's powers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Stormwind theory is interesting, and could be a possibility, but if the abilities are still something she would want, as @Sheridan_rd suggests, I do think either a technology/explosion powerset (as she enjoys working with tech, and is very good with it) or a water ability (because of her connection to the Spyro and Babilar) would make more sense. 

• 4 months later...

I agree with the fact that it would be something explosive. 

On 10/8/2017 at 4:56 PM, Eevee Miscellaneous said:

I think it would be cool if she had the power to make explosive bubbles. 

I think this would be hilarious. I think it would also be a great power for Mizzy!

• 1 month later...
On 7/3/2018 at 4:58 PM, Darth Woodrack said:

I personally agree with the Stormwind theory. When calamity left he probably just gave up the rest of the powers he hadn't gifted yet and the ones of the epics that died. That would mean that, someone got Stormwind's powers, and it would make since that it would be her.

"Ugh, look, fine, you can have the rest of these dumb powers I had sitting around. Oh and you can have these ones too I guess. They just got mailed back up here with a 'Return To Sender' stamp. They must be stupid powers if the addressees didn't want them, but sure, okay, fine, whatever. Take 'em."

15 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

"Ugh, look, fine, you can have the rest of these dumb powers I had sitting around. Oh and you can have these ones too I guess. They just got mailed back up here with a 'Return To Sender' stamp. They must be stupid powers if the addressees didn't want them, but sure, okay, fine, whatever. Take 'em."

“So what powers did you get, Mizzy?”

”Welllllll, looks like I got Stormwind’s old powers.”

“Neat!”

“And Regalia’s.”

”Okay....”

”And Fortuity’s. And Instabam’s. And also I can control pistachios with my mind.”

”Sparks, was Calamity having a going out of business sale or what?”

”Yes, David, I was. And who do we have to blame for that?” 

23 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

“So what powers did you get, Mizzy?”

”Welllllll, looks like I got Stormwind’s old powers.”

“Neat!”

“And Regalia’s.”

”Okay....”

”And Fortuity’s. And Instabam’s. And also I can control pistachios with my mind.”

”Sparks, was Calamity having a going out of business sale or what?”

”Yes, David, I was. And who do we have to blame for that?” 

While I once had my nitpicks with the ending of Calamity, time has brought acceptance and even a certain appreciation for the fact that the entire series is about the havoc wreaked by an angel who has a bad attitude about his work. :P

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, John Flamesinger said:

She has the power of explosives. Period.

Yeah, it's not canonized, but that's how Brandon has it now:

Questioner

When Mizzy becomes an Epic, what's her Epic power?

Brandon Sanderson

So I very carefully didn't mention that because I wanted the freedom for when I actually wrote the books. Right now I have it in my head involving detonations, but I don't want to actually canonize that because if I write the book I want to have the freedom to take it where I want to.

Orem Signing (March 16, 2019)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, this reminds me - I wondered about that epllogue reveal of Epic Mizzy, because I thought that Epics were created by Calamity, who has "left the building".

So what is the mechanism for new Epics to get created, if Calamity is not around? Does that mean Mizzy was among the last ones Calamity created, or is there some kind of Calamity's Heir who confers Epicness? Is the whole "confront your fear/nightmares" thing gone, without Calamity?

I guess that's all RAFO stuff, isn't it? (Any WoBs about it?)

On 6/26/2019 at 1:21 PM, robardin said:

Actually, this reminds me - I wondered about that epllogue reveal of Epic Mizzy, because I thought that Epics were created by Calamity, who has "left the building".

So what is the mechanism for new Epics to get created, if Calamity is not around? Does that mean Mizzy was among the last ones Calamity created, or is there some kind of Calamity's Heir who confers Epicness? Is the whole "confront your fear/nightmares" thing gone, without Calamity?

I guess that's all RAFO stuff, isn't it? (Any WoBs about it?)

It is implied in Calamity that Mizzy's powers manifested as early as when they were in Sharp Tower. Abraham makes an offhand reference to it. So I would say her powers came from Calamity. As for future epics, who knows? Do we know how old Tavi is? Was she born after Invocation left in the alternate reality?

• 2 years later...
On 7/14/2017 at 3:30 PM, TheKittyOfAtlantis said:

I'm not sure calamity had control on who got the powers when he "died"