Q: Spook's legacy

Ron Ladrian

Hi Y'all, I'm about to finish The Bands of mourning and still there's no information about Spook's doing in those 300 years or so(after the Catacendre) . I was wondering if any one knows or speculates what happened to him; is he still alive somewhere in the timeline of Wax and Wayne? What of his children, are they Mistborn? And what are they up to. I'd love to hear your thoughts about this subject, I'm very curious about what happened to the original Crew after The Final Ascension.

Thank you.

Breeze and Alriane had a son, and Breeze retook the name Ladrian.

Not to much is known of Ham, but he gets back together with his wife and he has descendants. 

Spook had a bunch of kids and many descendants. He ruled for 100 years before stepping down. At that point, who knows.

Demoux joined the 17th Shard and was last seen on Roshar.

Kell and Marsh have been active, but little is known of their current activities. Marsh went South recently, and we know Kell has been involved there. He may also have been involved with some Kollos clans.

Dox, Ore Seur, and Clubs are dead.

Sazed is Harmony.

Hope this helps.

To the extent that we can consider TenSoon part of the original crew, he's still around and is less than amused by the position he now occupies thanks to 'Sazed's little book'.

9 hours ago, Ron Ladrian said:

What of his children, are they Mistborn?

Spook was a reduced-power Mistborn (per Word of Brandon) and was also the last Mistborn that Scadrial has seen* and his bloodline has been a background plot element in the books, with noble families tracing descent back to 'the Lord Mistborn' and The Set being interested in those same bloodlines.

And while not at all part of the crew, since we're talking descendants we have WoB that Rashek's bloodline has survived into Era 2 as well, though he's cautioned us not to read too much into that.

* We have an old WoB that at least one Mistborn will be appearing in Era 3 but that's not happened yet.

Edited by Weltall

On 10 juli 2017 at 9:11 PM, Weltall said:

And while not at all part of the crew, since we're talking descendants we have WoB that Rashek's bloodline has survived into Era 2 as well, though he's cautioned us not to read too much into that.

Wait, Rashek had kids? Where did he hide those?

Also, since Spook is presumably alive, my bet would be that he has worldhopped somewhere. He seems like the type who would like to travel around and see new places.

54 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Kelsier basically promises Spook immortality at the end of Secret History.

He does?  Eh, just reread it. He's trying to use that argument to convince Spook to help... 

We don't really see the conversation continue. As much as we know Spook helped him, we don't see his motivation why. 

He studied Hemalurgy to help Kel, but does he really want to be spiked again? 

4 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Wait, Rashek had kids? Where did he hide those?

Yes he did.

Question

Did the Lord Ruler ever have children?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Question

Who is the Lord Ruler’s child/children?

Brandon Sanderson

People are searching a little too hard for this, he had several, they mixed with the population. There might be specific individuals who claim heirship and things like that but it’s not like there’s one hidden person among the population, does that make sense? Even those who claim heirship may not have any more blood than a lot of other people. I think this is one where fans have latched onto it a little too strongly and I need to let them know they can back off, there’s not a big secret for them to be hunting.

little wilson

Are any of the Lord Ruler's descendants alive at the time of Alloy of Law?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

little wilson

Are any of the Lord Ruler's descendants kandra?

Brandon Sanderson

No.

little wilson

Have we seen any them in Era 2?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

little wilson

Where?

Brandon Sanderson

There are a lot of descendants, percentage-wise, but you're looking for something that isn't there. There are descendants of the Lord Ruler, but there's not some secret coven. It's not outside of reason to say that some of his descendants are part of a coven, but it's not like some super-secret magic society.

• Chaos locked this topic