I would recommend anyone writing something important in their last will repeat it multiple times, using different wording each time, just as a precaution if Ruin's powers have a word limit or something. (Why even have the wills if he can change it limitlessly?)

@STINK, if you fancy calling Phil's bluff, would you mind giving up your essence mark? I'm quite inclined to test the essence mark rules, too, and think it would benefit the village to ensure the information isn't concentrated in Alv's (or any one individual's) hands. 

I'm not sure that essence mark identification is necessarily the best idea. Yes, it generates discussion, but if there are duplicate marks, then single lynches and kills will allow the eliminators to identify multiple roles, which as a disadvantage outweighs the advantages generated from greater discussion and N0 identification of roles. It's essentially the same argument as PM safety, albeit to a slightly lesser extent. 

Further, it's possible that we might find a pattern identifying eliminators from the essence marks (I'm making the assumption that an essence mark can change your alignment). Whilst this would help the village win, it would come at significant cost to the enjoyment we derive from the game. I, for one, know I don't want to play a game that allows us to identify the eliminators without challenge. Equally, if I am right, any if us might be turned into eliminators by essence marks, and would so be disadvantaged by wide scale revealing of marks.

23 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

@STINK, if you fancy calling Phil's bluff, would you mind giving up your essence mark? I'm quite inclined to test the essence mark rules, too, and think it would benefit the village to ensure the information isn't concentrated in Alv's (or any one individual's) hands. 

What wrong with having the information all in my hands? :P I think it would be a great place for it. :ph34r:  But you are right.  It's better to have two sets of eyes looking at such a fun mechanic.

Although, if there are any spare Essence Marks floating around after the game, I would really like to get my hands on a few of them.  They would make a great addition to my collection.

29 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Further, it's possible that we might find a pattern identifying eliminators from the essence marks (I'm making the assumption that an essence mark can change your alignment). 

Essence Marks cannot change your alignment. I asked this question in my GM PM. I do agree with the other things you've stated in that post though.

6 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

My dislike of people who ignore other people's well-thought-out recommendations, of course.

Have I ever conveyed my dislike of people who passive-aggressively refuse to see the forest for the trees? >>  :P

I like to gather information, and have a bit of fun while I do so. Sometimes, that involves putting together cockamamy, largely pointless and implausible plans, in order to generate discussion, reactions, and through them, reads. (See the last page of discussion. :P

I might well suicide by Essence Mark, but not right now. Later, when it's closer to my game actually starting. :P

So sorry, Orlok and Alv. Maybe later. :P 

Edited by Aonar Faileas

1 minute ago, Aonar Faileas said:

I might well suicide by Essence Mark, but not right now. Later, when it's closer to my game actually starting. :P

So sorry, Orlok and Alv. Maybe later. :P 

:(  And I had such plans.  Ah well, can't blame you for not wanting to kill yourself just yet.

What about if I lie and tell you that I can get the Mark back to you before you die?

"Science! The scientific method. The only way to truly understand the cosmere!" Proclaimed the man in the lab coat that may have once been white, prior to being caught in several mudslides, at least three highstorms, and no fewer than nine wildfires. 

He strutted back and forth along the beach as if he were lecturing at one of the great universities in Silverlight. The scholarly air about him was unfortunately slightly diminished by the fact that it was obvious to everyone (but him) that no-one cared one bit what he was saying. However if anyone had been paying attention to him the realization that he had lost a boot in the sand and continued his lecture without it would have stripped any small amount of regard that had remained beyond an initial glance. 

The man appeared not to care and continued with his speech.

"Investiture! Magic! The Shards themselves! You may be thinking 'How can this man espouse science as the only way when our lives are surrounded by all these things it can't explain?'"

He paused as if waiting for a response from a fixated audience.

"That is where you are most wrong! Science explains all! Observation, hypotheses, and experimentation will show you the true nature of all these things you call Magic" 

"You may say to me 'If you really are a scientist then you know the burden of proof lies upon you! Show us how science explains all.' Oh but I shall! You will all see the wonders of this world brought low by the powers of reason! This time tomorrow all will be convinced!"

And with that the old man spun, lab coat waving behind him, and strode into the forrest while attempting what appeared to be a cackle. 

Edited by Clanky
Thought I had an hour left in the cycle. Cutting it close, I stopped checking word count when i passed 214

Just now, Alvron said:

:(  And I had such plans.  Ah well, can't blame you for not wanting to kill yourself just yet.

What about if I lie and tell you that I can get the Mark back to you before you die?

Then I will carefully consider, and ultimately reject, the idea, since unless you have a Mark that lets you mess with action order, that lie is indeed false, and you can't know what your Mark does yet. :P

Chapter One: The Fires of Elantris

The sun set, and fifteen of the spirits vanished.

Thunder crashed overhead. The man in the hooded cloak turned to the five spirits who still stood waiting before him. "You fools!" he cried. "Use the Marks! I told you to make the transition, but by your disobedience we are far behind the others in time and are all in danger of being destroyed!"

They heard a deep, haunting laugh echo across the realm. The man tensed. "Rayse."

"CORRECT. YOU ARRIVED JUST IN TIME TO WITNESS THE DEATH OF GOD AND THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS REALM. AND AFTER THAT...WELL, YOU KNOW WHAT I MUST DO WITH WITNESSES. IT'S A SHAME THAT--"

The cloaked man sensed movement and kicked out, expecting one of Odium's creations, but it was only the man in the facemask trying to steal the box containing the two remaining Marks. The kick connected, and the man in the facemask flew backward and into the water with a look of surprise on his face.

The cloaked man turned back in the direction of Rayse's voice. "Our best agent is here to stop you. You know you can't succeed."

"YOU WILL NOT BE SAYING THAT AS YOU WATCH YOUR HOMEWORLD BURN."

He did not respond, instead distracted again by movement out of the corner of his eye. It was Mr, Red Facemask again. Was he trying to start a...flash mob? The man sighed and shook his head. Spirits can be so odd sometimes.

-

The fifteen people awoke in their new bodies. They were standing in the same place, but the world around them had changed. What used to be water was now land, and what used to be the island was now a shimmering pool. It was set atop a mountain, looking down on a great city. It had high walls surrounding it in a square, and there were border walls leading to a town in each of the cardinal directions from it.

Each person heard the voice of the cloaked man in their minds: Behold: Elantris, the city of the gods.

The city of the gods was burning.

You must make haste down the mountain. Find your way to Kae, the eastern town. You will find someone there who can help... unless we are too late. Wyrn's wrath has been unleashed. Stop the Dakhor, and save this planet!

Half of the PMs have been distributed so far. Hold tight for the rest.

The Physical Realm

3. Alvron (Straw) - a very confusing guy
4. Eobard Thawne (The Flash) - DEFINITELY not an evil speedster
5. Lucky Duke (Cloudjumper) - handy with a barrel
6. The Wanderer (Yitzi2) - definitely not Hoid
7. Vulture Sam (asterion137) - a card hustler
8. Jaspian (StrikerEZ) - talks to a stick
9. BrightnessRadiant as Herself - very confused worldhopper
10. Liz Allan (Sami) - terribly confused Marvel fanatic
11. Ister Mo (Manukos) - likes camping
12. Tautali Laust (Megasif) - valiant Radiant on a journey of self-discovery
14. Dr. C (Clanky) - Rickrolling mad scientist
15. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai) - I feel like this guy's died before
17. Aran (Aonar Faileas) - the hunter
18. Requiem (Drake Marshall) - Kyner from the future
19. ______ (Roadwalker) - deep in thought

The Cognitive Realm

1. Mr, Red Facemask (Alvron) - likes to use commas
2. An Innocent Man (A Joe in the Bush) - definitely harmless
13. Daniyah as Herself - first blackout game!
16. Aralis (Araris Valerian) - former head-thumper back from the dead
20. ppil (STINK) - has some beef with Phil

The Spiritual Realm

-

bla_1500609600.png

Edited by Ecthelion III

8 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

He did not respond, instead distracted again by movement out of the corner of his eye. It was Mr, Red Facemask again. Was he trying to start a...flash mob? The man sighed and shook his head. Spirits can be so odd sometimes.

Everybody do the Bump.
Image result for do the bump gif

Just now, Megasif said:

Nice move.

Was that a special ability then? Are you one of the two without the marks?

Nah.  Just me messing around.  Since I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't use my Mark I sent in two nonsense orders.  One was to try and steal the box containing the two remaining Marks from Hooded Guy and the other was to start a Flash Dance and get everyone doing the Bump.

Just now, Alvron said:

Nah.  Just me messing around.  Since I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't use my Mark I sent in two nonsense orders.  One was to try and steal the box containing the two remaining Marks from Hooded Guy and the other was to start a Flash Dance and get everyone doing the Bump.

Interesting. I note that you haven't actually said that your order to steal the remaining essence marks failed. Would you enlighten us as to the result achieved?

Just now, OrlokTsubodai said:

Interesting. I note that you haven't actually said that your order to steal the remaining essence marks failed. Would you enlighten us as to the result achieved?

I got kicked in the face.

Hey guys, Phil here! All your PMs should be distributed, lemme know if there are any problems! There will be a lynch just like normal for any Day turn; place votes in red and retractions in green.

It is my great pleasure to announce the bonus items for today!

There is 1 lottery item: a Somatic Mark. Apparently you don't use it like a normal Essence Mark.

There is 1 auction item: a special from off-world, the Discerner's Lenses!

Edited by Ecthelion III