14 minutes ago, Manukos said:

i dont remember seeing steelrunner as a role in a game 
however we did play a game with an edgedancer that moved real quick and spied on pms 
it was amans's lg i belive 

Hm. 

Steeldancer :D

Anyway, so most of us are going to put in essence marks. How do things work for those people without them? They must already have a physical body. 

1 minute ago, The Flash said:

Anyway, so most of us are going to put in essence marks. How do things work for those people without them? They must already have a physical body. 

i dont think so 
in the player list it put all of us in the cognitive realm , so my theory is thet the two (probably shards) can move between realms or atleast asume a physical form without essence marks 
also theory of my theory the shards are ruin and preservation with ruin as an npc

P.S. from tomorow and on i won't be posting as often as today , i will still be active but probably only post once a day 

1 hour ago, asterion137 said:

Hm. So we're traveling to the time right after Adonalsium shattered, maybe? It looks like at least one of the hidden roles is friendly.

Looks like you can survive one night in the cognitive so it *should* be fine but it would be a real shame if we lost any actives to what feels like an anti-inactive mechanic.

ppil is calling the bluff

Alright! Let's get this ball rolling! :P I have an essence mark inscribed with a crown, am good aligned, and am willing to do some mark trading to test the bounds of the game’s mechanics.

Given the inscription, I assume my Mark has to do with conferring some aspect of nobility; it likely deals with vote manipulation or the wealth mechanic in some way, although I have no guarantees.  

Ideally, I'd like to give my Mark to an interested party, so they can inform us of the rules involving multiple Marks. (Assuming Ecth with reveal more about Marks to soneone who has more than one.) Also ideally, I'd like to get a Mark back tomorrow, so I don't die. :P Doesn't matter if it's the one I started with or the one you started with. 

Any takers? 

(Also, hella suspicious of Yitzi. It's early game though, so that may well change.) 

Probably won't be able to RP until tomorrow, since I'm working in half an hour and won't be home till after 10. >>

2 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Any particular reason why?

Gut. :P I don't expect a defence from you since my suspicions are unfounded. That doesn't mean I can't share them though. :P

Edited by Aonar Faileas

5 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

Gut. :P I don't expect a defence from you since my suspicions are unfounded. That doesn't mean I can't share them though. :P

Yeah, I tend to be fairly suspicious to people who think with their guts.  Just look at what happened at the end of QF23.  :P

Edited by Yitzi2

emmmm @Aonar Faileas i highly recomend , NOT GIVING YOUR MARK TO ANYONE

if you give it to some one , even if he gives it to you back tomorow night you wont have time to use it and will as a result perish (unless you can give items during the day)
i am willing to tell you what my symbol is in the privacy of a pm if we get one 

Anyway, time for more RP:

The Wanderer looked around, to see if there was anyone else familiar.  There was another that he wasn't sure about, but he didn't think so.

Then he saw a man talking to a stick.  "Hello, is there a reason you're talking to a stick?" @StrikerEZ that's you.

+44 makes 191.

4 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Yeah, I tend to be fairly suspicious to people who think with their guts.  Just look at what happened at the end of QF23.  :P

I don't think with my gut. :P

3 minutes ago, Manukos said:

emmmm @Aonar Faileas i highly recomend , NOT GIVING YOUR MARK TO ANYONE

if you give it to some one , even if he gives it to you back tomorow night you wont have time to use it and will as a result perish (unless you can give items during the day)
i am willing to tell you what my symbol is in the privacy of a pm if we get one 

You can't tell recommend me what to do! :P

In all honesty I'm not currently aware whether or not items can be given during the day; I assumed rather than asking for clarification, which is my bad. @Ecthelion III ? (Assuming you can infer the question from context. :P )

Getting a PM isn't something I'm willing to rely on, which is half the reason for this plan. :P

Just now, Ecthelion III said:

Passing items is a Night action only.

Damnation. Well, I tried. :P (Still might be willing to pass my Mark on. I do need to die before cycle 6, after all. :P)

1 minute ago, Yitzi2 said:

Spoken like someone who isn't thinking with his brain... :P

I haven't the foggiest idea what you might be attempting to convey with that statement. :ph34r::P

1 hour ago, Aonar Faileas said:

Alright! Let's get this ball rolling! :P I have an essence mark inscribed with a crown, am good aligned, and am willing to do some mark trading to test the bounds of the game’s mechanics.

Given the inscription, I assume my Mark has to do with conferring some aspect of nobility; it likely deals with vote manipulation or the wealth mechanic in some way, although I have no guarantees.  

Ideally, I'd like to give my Mark to an interested party, so they can inform us of the rules involving multiple Marks. (Assuming Ecth with reveal more about Marks to soneone who has more than one.) Also ideally, I'd like to get a Mark back tomorrow, so I don't die. :P Doesn't matter if it's the one I started with or the one you started with. 

Any takers? 

After some careful questioning of the GMs, I have learnt that you can use more than one Essence Mark per game.  I also know that the Marks do not wear off automatically so there is likely some way to remove / cancel a Mark on someone.  Any further questioning just lead me to some PAFOs.

I also suspect that there is a thief type role out there.  No proof but it fits with some things I seen so passing might not be a good idea.

Ec3 also said that the Hooded Man knew what he was talking about and to listen to him.  Given that in the write up he recommends that we use our Mark this cycle it might mean that there are consequences in waiting to use it on N1.

However, if you still want to pass your Mark to someone knowing that it means your death, I would be willing to hold off on using mine for a cycle to see what happens.

Gunfire. Screams. Smoke. A man who took a shotgun to the face and lived. Ladrian. Silver Feather's gang.

His men. Where were his men? Coyote, One-Eye, Red Jack, Granite Bill, the half koloss. The twins.

Ladrian. Ladrian had killed Silver Feather. Burn the man. He had tracked the gang across the length of the roughs.

Ladrian would die. OOOH he would die. But first, Silver Feather had to un-die. Silver preened his tail.

One nice thing about the cognitive realm, he had a tail. People in the physical realm had called him mad. He had ripped out their eyes and shot them.

This looked nothing like the roughs. What a shame. He was a roadrunner, though. He bounded across the weird grey land to where he saw Lucky Duke sitting with some other spirits. Phil spoke. Phil sounded exactly like the other thirty insane voices in his head. Too bad.

Silver received a little carved gemstone. He was no magpie, but he kept it any way. Silver knew now that there was a way out. He would take that way out of this pit. In the meantime, why not practice his aim with a mental gun? If he could make one here...

(200 or over)

Edited by Roadwalker

@Yitzi2 Here ya go. :P

Jaspian looked up at the man who spoke to him, startled. He hadn't realized that someone had come so close to him. I am a stick? the stick asked meekly. Jaspian whispered to the stick, consoling it. He would never let anything bad happen to the stick. Never, ever, ever, ever.

"Um...why do you want to know why I'm talking to the stick?" Jaspian asked frantically, his eyes shooting all over the place, never truly focusing on The Wanderer. "Do yo-do you want to steal the stick from me! I'll never let you steal it from me! It's my precious! You'll never steal it!" 

After this, Jaspian proceeded to run away from The Wanderer while muttering to the stick. 

While running away, he noticed lots of other strange people in this place. He wondered if any of them wanted to steal the stick too....

208 + 146 = 354 words so far

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

@Yitzi2 Here ya go. :P

Jaspian looked up at the man who spoke to him, startled. He hadn't realized that someone had come so close to him. I am a stick? the stick asked meekly. Jaspian whispered to the stick, consoling it. He would never let anything bad happen to the stick. Never, ever, ever, ever.

"Um...why do you want to know why I'm talking to the stick?" Jaspian asked frantically, his eyes shooting all over the place, never truly focusing on The Wanderer. "Do yo-do you want to steal the stick from me! I'll never let you steal it from me! It's my precious! You'll never steal it!" 

After this, Jaspian proceeded to run away from The Wanderer while muttering to the stick. 

While running away, he noticed lots of other strange people in this place. He wondered if any of them wanted to steal the stick too....

208 + 146 = 354 words so far

The Wanderer shook his head.  Why would he possibly want to steal a stick?

(OOC: The point of these word counts is to make it easier for the GMs to tell if you've qualified for a GP, so once you reach 200 for the cycle you can stop counting.)

1 minute ago, Yitzi2 said:

The Wanderer shook his head.  Why would he possibly want to steal a stick?

(OOC: The point of these word counts is to make it easier for the GMs to tell if you've qualified for a GP, so once you reach 200 for the cycle you can stop counting.)

Oh...whoops. I forgot why we were doing the word count, so my bad lol.

No because whoever has the Ruin role (or the equivalent) can change wills, and I can only give the cipher to people I trust, so the elims who read it or ruin who reads it won't see the true message, only the people I trust.

@Ecthelion III Is there Ruin in this game, or not? The sentence "wills aren't written in metal" tells us that there is a shard, right? Can you tell us this much?

cooltext252081108787652.png

9 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

No because whoever has the Ruin role (or the equivalent) can change wills, and I can only give the cipher to people I trust, so the elims who read it or ruin who reads it won't see the true message, only the people I trust.

@Ecthelion III Is there Ruin in this game, or not? The sentence "wills aren't written in metal" tells us that there is a shard, right? Can you tell us this much?

cooltext252081108787652.png

I just understood it as meaning "there may be powers that can read it"; for some reason, I didn't even think about the possibility of changing it.