Prelude: Sunset

“When sunset falls, chaos will be upon us.”

The hooded man spoke softly, addressing the twenty spirits around the fire.

“Time flows like a river, and we are hurtling through it. Before the time of our destination, a god died. Its power raged through this Realm, destroying everything around it and converting it to pure energy, reaching out across Realms through space.

“As soon as the sun touches the horizon and the sky blazes red, use your Mark.” He pointed to one of the glowing objects. “Immediately at the sun’s fall—immediately before this land is ravaged by power—you must make the transition.”

He paused, letting the weight of his message sink in. He tried not to let his uncertainty show. Instead, he added wryly, “One last thing: I would recommend staying near the edge of this island—unless you fancy going for a swim.”

-

The twenty spirits parted, leaving the hooded man alone by the fire. He looked into the box which had contained the glowing, Invested objects. There were still two left. He should have been surprised; he had brought one for each of the sprits. Instead he smiled.

Well well. It looks like two of you are not who you seem to be.

He remembered the words he had heard before coming to this place: One of them will save the worlds, one of them will destroy it.

He hoped dearly that one of them knew what they were doing.

Greetings! It’s Phil again, the friendly little voice in your head—in all of your heads, actually. I’m the guy who’s here to go through all the routine stuff, paperwork and autopsy reports and wills and all that crap. My other job is to make sure you don’t do anything stupid, but Rayse is taking up most of my time in that department.

This is a Night cycle lasting 24 hou—      [you hear a muffled explosion]

Ah shoot, looks like Rayse blew something up again. Well, I’d love to tell you more about how this whole thing works, but I gotta go clean up after that kid’s mess. Ciao!

PMs are still going out. Countdown to come. Remember to post and RP to get your gold for the turn!

Edited by Ecthelion III

The Physical Realm

-

The Cognitive Realm

1. Mr, Red Facemask (Alvron) - likes to use commas
2. An Innocent Man (A Joe in the Bush) - definitely harmless
3. Alvron (Straw) - a very confusing guy
4. Eobard Thawne (The Flash) - DEFINITELY not an evil speedster
5. Lucky Duke (Cloudjumper) - handy with a barrel
6. The Wanderer (Yitzi2) - definitely not Hoid
7. Vulture Sam (asterion137) - a card hustler
8. Jaspian (StrikerEZ) - talks to a stick
9. BrightnessRadiant as Herself - very confused worldhopper
10. Liz Allan (Sami) - terribly confused Marvel fanatic
11. Ister Mo (Manukos) - likes camping
12. Tautali Laust (Megasif) - valiant Radiant on a journey of self-discovery
13. Daniyah as Herself - first blackout game!
14. Dr. C (Clanky) - Rickrolling mad scientist
15. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai) - I feel like this guy's died before
16. Aralis (Araris Valerian) - former head-thumper back from the dead
17. Aran (Aonar Faileas) - the hunter
18. Requiem (Drake Marshall) - Kyner from the future
19. ______ (Roadwalker) - deep in thought
20. ppil (STINK) - has some beef with Phil

The Spiritual Realm

-

All right, guys, I'm back. Sorry about that whole mess with Rayse. Anyway, all of the PMs are sent. Let me know if you're having any problems with the spreadsheet or will, or have any other questions!

Edited by Ecthelion III

Well. This game looks interesting.

Given how much we are in the dark about this game, it's hard to muster any proper discussion.

Although of coarse I will try to do so, because gold sounds nice. I am curious to see what sort of things will go up for auction.

So... According to the portion of order-of-actions that isn't redacted... Well, most of the powers it implies exist are pretty standard. I wonder what all those REDACTED fields are... Interestingly enough one of those REDACTED night actions looks like it is immune to roleblock.

Also, is it just me or does the writeup imply two secret roles?

Anyways. I'm much more interested in RPing this cycle than discussing, seeing as weasically don't have anything to discuss.

1 - Sunset

Requiem stood alongside the other shades, staring into the green fire in the center of the island.

It had been quite some time since he had entered the shade-world. Ever since Silverlight, there had been so much to do in the physical realm...

And the shade-world was a place of remembering. Sometimes, Requiem didn't want to remember.

Not that his desires had ever been important.

2 - Threnody

Hell was freezing over.

Tiny crystals of frost formed along the boughs of trees and along the ground. The air cooled rapidly, and Requiem's exhaled breath turned to wisps of fog.
The night sky overhead seemed to darken, the stars growing dimmer until suddenly extinguished, smothered behind a curtain of shadows. Sound, too, seemed to be smothered. The usual sounds of life in the forests were absent, and an unnatural quiet hung in the air in their stead.

But Requiem processed none of this. It was all eclipsed by the presence. Something, unseen, unheard, indescribable, but still completely there. Like the creeping feeling of being watched, multiplied a hundredfold or a thousandfold.

It wasn't intelligent, nor was it exactly not intelligent. It was more like a force, or perhaps like the shades. The presence was of the same substance as the forests themselves. It was like nothing he had ever seen before, and yet it was still somehow deeply familiar. And it was drawn to him. It was a tiny fragment of something vast and powerful, but it was damaged. To fix itself, it required something from him.

That was when he died for the first time.

good evening dear players 
i would suggest it myself but i dont want to draw the spotlight on me , (though this is basicaly what i am doing -_- ) 
what do you all think about information sharing off the bat ?

Oskaaay that makes sense 
so i am going to sorta role call cos i imagine that everyone is the same role right now 
i am a cognitive shadow as i imagine the rest of you are as well  i am not going to reveal my essence mark's patern yet  but i belive that diferent paterns transform you into diferent roles (probably)
that is all i have been able to get out of the gm

i am still unsure weather or not i am going to use my mark today ..... probably will now that i think about it 

Hmm so a cognitive shadow right now. Guess we'll be moving through the realms as there is a spiritual realm as well. Based on the signup page info, there seems to be a chance to come back from the spiritual realm? And get a different role? Anyone using the item this night to go to the physical realm? (Apart from manukos)

Edited by Megasif

i dont do it often , hope it is good 

ister kept walking on ,   well not so much walking as drifting . he looked around the desolate wasteland , it was nothing like his beautiful home town . no birds singing happily , no beautiful fields of grass , nothing . he looked down at his hands, translucent and barely visible , "what have i become " he wispered to himself . he looked back at the mess of dark specters moving this way and that , none of them new what they were doing  , not like he was any better 
he floated up a hill and looked toward the horizonnothing but more of this reched planet he cursed himself for ever leaving his home , Erget had insisted that roshar was beautiful this time of year and how the needed to go camping there but the expedition  turned out to not be a simple camping trip not after the chasm fiend . 
he reached for his neck where once he wore an amulet with her name on it  , what would he do without her ?perhaps it was better like that , becoming a cognitive shadow , literaly a shadow of his former self . it seemd fitting .  he recalled trying to acces shadesmar on his own, without her guidance , he was a fool thinking he could do it alone , she had years of training traversing the cognitive realm and he thought he could manage it in his first try ?
pathetic . yes this form suited him just fine 
but then again .... he looked down at his little stamp that the cloacked man had given him 
what had he said ? ister wasn't realy paying attention but from what he knew of essence marks they were supposed to be all powerful soul stamps tailored to a specific indevidual taking years to make them work , how did the cloacked man have one for him ? 
it was probably an extension of his sufering supposed to give him hope 
well this wasn't hope for him he was contempt with this form 
but now this question lingered in his head , " could it possibly work ?" it was the same characteristic that led him to became a librarian , this thirst for knowledge what if? and it was also what had drawn him towards Erget she shared that exitment for the unknown , but in a diferent way  she was the practice  while he was the theory .  he imagined her in his shoes , using the stamp without a second thought 
he smiled to himself  , closing his eyes 
he raised the stamp to his chest
pressing it right where his amulete with Ergot's name would had been 
the first ray of the sun apeared at the horizon as he opened his eyes

Edited by Manukos

Ok. So we're all in the cognitive realm. 

WHAT THE STORMS IS GOING ON?! How am I supposed to collect gold as a cognitive spirit? This makes no sense. 

I'll try to puzzle out what I should do with my cognitive self later on. Oh and fair warning- I might not be super active until I'm not in three games anymore :P

47 minutes ago, The Flash said:

Ok. So we're all in the cognitive realm. 

WHAT THE STORMS IS GOING ON?! How am I supposed to collect gold as a cognitive spirit? This makes no sense. 

I'll try to puzzle out what I should do with my cognitive self later on. Oh and fair warning- I might not be super active until I'm not in three games anymore :P

Use the item that you have to go to the physical realm and obtain a role.

OK this probably isn't right because I'm too lazy to do my research as well as the fact that its pretty late... But anyways.

Curled up on the island Liz felt strangely disembodied and light. In the distance tiny lights blinked and around her tiny island was the seemingly endless sea of beads. She thought of Darle and wondered why her "tutor" had brought her here and simply.... abandoned her. An empty pit in her stomach expanded, as she grew to accept that she would perhaps be there until she died. Did one die in the Cognitive Realm? She didn't know.

In the distance a group of lights began moving and flashing. Liz hugged her pale knees to her chest and shivered, as in the silence one by one the lights were extinguished by others. A tear dripped down her chin. Would Darle come back to get her?  She thought of home, and knew she would do whatever it would take to get back.

Liz started awake from her restless sleep. Something had woken her in the silence. Sensing something behind her, she slowly turned over fearful of what she might find. 

A tall girl with an unearthly air stood on the island behind her staring at her with eyes that drilled into her soul.  She was translucent and when she moved, her blueish-white  form almost seemed to melt and reform like liquid. She slowly stretched out her hand, palm upward - and in her hand formed a silvery medallion.

word count: 226

Edited by Sami

The Wanderer looked at his bracelet.  At last, all sixteen gems were glowing.  Perhaps now...his thoughts were interrupted as he suddenly found himself around a fire, with nineteen other people, being addressed by a hooded man.  Apparently, his journey was not over yet...but soon.  Soon he would be returning home.

Word count: 50.  More will be coming later.

Edited by Yitzi2

Hmmm...this is quite interesting. I tried asking the GM if we can use the Essence Mark more than once, and I got a PAFO. So, I'm gonna wait before I use it, because if we can't use it more than once, I want to make sure I last as long as possible before I pass Beyond. 

I'll do some RP later. 

23 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Hmmm...this is quite interesting. I tried asking the GM if we can use the Essence Mark more than once, and I got a PAFO. So, I'm gonna wait before I use it, because if we can't use it more than once, I want to make sure I last as long as possible before I pass Beyond. 

I'll do some RP later. 

I take it the Essence Mark is your item?

1 minute ago, Yitzi2 said:

I take it the Essence Mark is your item?

From the write-up, it sounded like everyone was supposed to get one, or at least something similar. And yes, that is my item. I have no idea what it does, but I don't think anyone does either. ;)

17 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

From the write-up, it sounded like everyone was supposed to get one, or at least something similar.

With two exceptions, apparently.

And it sounded like they're supposed to be used this cycle, and may even result in death for anyone who doesn't.

Anyway, on to more RP:

The Wanderer looked around.  Wait a second...was that...

He went over to Locke Tekiel.  "Fancy seeing you here.  You might be glad to know that the loyal guards did eventually manage to take out all the Venture spies."  @OrlokTsubodai

Another 38 words, 88 total.

6 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Well. This game looks interesting.

Given how much we are in the dark about this game, it's hard to muster any proper discussion.

Although of coarse I will try to do so, because gold sounds nice. I am curious to see what sort of things will go up for auction.

So... According to the portion of order-of-actions that isn't redacted... Well, most of the powers it implies exist are pretty standard. I wonder what all those REDACTED fields are... Interestingly enough one of those REDACTED night actions looks like it is immune to roleblock.

Also, is it just me or does the writeup imply two secret roles?

Anyways. I'm much more interested in RPing this cycle than discussing, seeing as weasically don't have anything to discuss.

Given the nature of this game all roles are basically secret . But yeah the two roles are likely special in some way, maybe heads of the factions, actual named cosmere characters, or potentially neutrals/those with their own victory conditions. It appears as though we will be getting game related info from the write-ups. I'm not sure what else we can get out of this write-up beyond the role stuff. Rayse is mentioned in the "voice in our heads", I'm leaning towards thinking that means he isn't in the game as one of the special roles.