As I understand it, there were random item drops every two cycles. One of those was Nightblood, and the random person it was given to was Orlok. It could be used in a couple ways, but the important bit is that if picked up it allowed the holder to unsheathe it. Once they did so, they would die at the end of the turn (given they only had one Breath), but got an unblockable kill before that. Or, if you had two actions left (which Orlok did because he had 4 actions a cycle, though even if he didn't he'd have saved them for the Night turn), you could kill two players along with yourself. 

Orlok, obviously, decided to unsheathe it. 

The reason he killed Cloud and Joe, though, wasn't through a scan. He was simply the most suspicious of them out of anyone in the game, and correctly - you can see some of his reasoning in last cycle's thread. 

So he killed both of them alongside himself, and the game ended. 

Oops. 

Elbereth is correct in her explanation.

The Eyes of Aman never got used due to various circumstances, but Orlok did indeed possess them so I thought it a nice touch to add them in the write-up. Orlok never used a scan of any kind.

Edited by Ecthelion III

@Roadwalker The Authority role, granted by Elhokar Kholin, Highprince Aladar, Highprince Ruthar, Prince Humperdinck, and [later] Lightsong, allows the player to take 4 actions each cycle, limited to 2 in the day and 2 in the night. Orlok was Highprince Ruthar.

I'll have the full list of roles posted...sometime.

@Ecthelion III, @Elenion, @Jondesu, thank you all very much for running this game. I had a great deal of fun trying to solve it, with the mechanics (which I think are fantastic), and with sueing you. :P

I'm actually quite sorry for ending the game - I think watching the next few cycles would have been fascinating, and hope you'll tell us what you had planned for the next few worlds.

Player Role List

The following role list contains all of the player’s available roles on their last turn before death, with the active role bolded. Some roles may appear more than once because they were passed in a will.

Manukos: Undyne, Vanilla
OrlokTsubodai: Highprince Ruthar, Vanilla, Vanilla
A Joe in the Bush: Eshonai, Denth, Vanilla
Drake Marshall: The First Doctor
Alvron: Vanilla,
Shallan, Vanilla
Roadwalker: King Elhokar, Vanilla, Vanilla
Megasif: Shuden, Lift, Vanilla, Vanilla
Asterion: Gaotona, Vasher, Vanilla, Vanilla
Aonar: King Eventeo, Shallan
Araris Valerian: Gawx, Kaladin, Vanilla, Vanilla
Clanky: Prince Humperdinck, Galladon, Siri, Vanilla
Sami: Highprince Aladar, Westley, Vanilla, Vanilla
Daniyah: Raoden, Vanilla, Vanilla
BrightnessRadiant: The Second Doctor
Cloudjumper: Dilaf
, Tonk Fah, Vanilla
StrikerEZ: Karata, Vanilla
The Flash: Vanilla
Yitzi2: Odium
Straw: Kiin

STINK: Hrathen

Doc Links

Spec/Spiritual Realm: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MzT5T5L2uB07QrfmXmobvOmHrXSnUN5lhXUrDTGRCz4/edit?usp=sharing
Cognitive Realm: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iPk9u7kfgeKFYtL9j1bAUmC5qzD1XRuSmQuEz86qDZE/edit?usp=sharing
Evil Faction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EkQzFsHUc38I92f20G2aRdjPfUcppW_oOWQXtRqVUTY/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Ecthelion III

Storm it, my lawyer died.  Again. :( 

This was a fantastic game.  Shame it ended so abruptly.   I hope there will be a rerun in the future or something similar as I find blackout games to be among the most fun.  Trying to work out the mechanics and roles is hugely entertaining, for me at least.

So, Ec3, what's going to happen to Nightblood and the Eyes of Aman now?  Are they available for purchase? EMqYlbxRo13K50x1H0zXr5OW3GmB5ywfDwHMg0UMXjlzYjq4blSgdE8-WG7YxvPpJYCSFHbEgjLI5pCvDDHiVJaBHrInPIIpp_Q92502FzTs9sVDzZVpuSdxiuXzsOFxM9dm7b9R

25 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Storm it, my lawyer died.  Again. :( 

This was a fantastic game.  Shame it ended so abruptly.   I hope there will be a rerun in the future or something similar as I find blackout games to be among the most fun.  Trying to work out the mechanics and roles is hugely entertaining, for me at least.

So, Ec3, what's going to happen to Nightblood and the Eyes of Aman now?  Are they available for purchase? EMqYlbxRo13K50x1H0zXr5OW3GmB5ywfDwHMg0UMXjlzYjq4blSgdE8-WG7YxvPpJYCSFHbEgjLI5pCvDDHiVJaBHrInPIIpp_Q92502FzTs9sVDzZVpuSdxiuXzsOFxM9dm7b9R

Nightblood and the Eyes are mine, thank you very much, Alvron. :P

Just now, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Nightblood and the Eyes are mine, thank you very much, Alvron. :P

Not so.  As it says in the Spec Doc, leaving items to yourself in Will means they go back to GM.  You have lost Nightblood and the Eyes to Ec3/Len/Jon.

KRACK!

Red lightning arced above the ground. A rift opened in the air, lined with electricity. 

Through it stepped a man wearing yellow. Not a full suit. But he did wear a belt that had a reverse red bolt on it. He grinned. He was back. And this time, no tin cans would stop him. 

Eobard Thawne will return! My first character that will recur within the cosmere. As for when... well who knows? 

36 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

This game was awesome! @Ecthelion III thanks for a great adventure! 

@Orlok Tsubodai dang boi! well done xD

I never got to use my doctor actions lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ GG everyone! 

Well I'm glad somebody carried on my work, heh.

I seriously wondered if you were evil, what with asking if I needed protection the night before I got attacked, lol.

I suppose you have a clear answer to how "regeneration" works though :P

On 8/2/2017 at 2:17 PM, Ecthelion III said:

Player Role List

The following role list contains all of the player’s available roles on their last turn before death, with the active role bolded. Some roles may appear more than once because they were passed in a will.

Manukos: Undyne, Vanilla
OrlokTsubodai: Highprince Ruthar, Vanilla, Vanilla
A Joe in the Bush: Eshonai, Denth, Vanilla
Drake Marshall: The First Doctor
Alvron: Vanilla,
Shallan, Vanilla
Roadwalker: King Elhokar, Vanilla, Vanilla
Megasif: Shuden, Lift, Vanilla, Vanilla
Asterion: Gaotona, Vasher, Vanilla, Vanilla
Aonar: King Eventeo, Shallan
Araris Valerian: Gawx, Kaladin, Vanilla, Vanilla
Clanky: Prince Humperdinck, Galladon, Siri, Vanilla
Sami: Highprince Aladar, Westley, Vanilla, Vanilla
Daniyah: Raoden, Vanilla, Vanilla
BrightnessRadiant: The Second Doctor
Cloudjumper: Dilaf
, Tonk Fah, Vanilla
StrikerEZ: Karata, Vanilla
The Flash: Vanilla
Yitzi2: Odium
Straw: Kiin

STINK: Hrathen

Doc Links

Spec/Spiritual Realm: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MzT5T5L2uB07QrfmXmobvOmHrXSnUN5lhXUrDTGRCz4/edit?usp=sharing
Cognitive Realm: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iPk9u7kfgeKFYtL9j1bAUmC5qzD1XRuSmQuEz86qDZE/edit?usp=sharing
Evil Faction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EkQzFsHUc38I92f20G2aRdjPfUcppW_oOWQXtRqVUTY/edit?usp=sharing

Can we have info on what each of the roles did?

22 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

@Alvron That rule does not apply, as Locke's will was never officially read. However, Nightblood has a role to play in the future events of the Cosmere--it'll be pulled from the stone by Nale sometime in the future. The Eyes will indeed pass to the heirs of Tekiel.

I disagree with this as if the Will not being revealed means Orlok keeps the Eyes then by the same standard, he should also keep Nightblood. :P