40 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

@OrlokTsubodai Let's get a ruling on the assault charge and Phil's charge before the end of the cycle, so we can get those out of the way and have them in the write-up. We can do murder, slander, and libel tomorrow.

Sounds good to me. I expect to be back in a couple of hours, at which point I'll get Phil's charge written up.

"The second charge to address is that of Phil's conduct. I am indeed grateful to Requiem for his interjection, however improper, clarifying Phil's identity, and providing an independent and respectable witness of the belief that Phil has impersonated a judge. I remind the jury of his words, for the benefit of their memory:"

I will also raise an objection about the identity of one of the accused parties, Mr Remnant. Mr Remnant has been charged with impersonating a Silverlight judge. However, evidence suggests that the person known as Phil is the perpetrator of this crime. With the presentation of this evidence, I motion a new case be convened on a later date to put Phil on trial for impersonating a silverlight official. It would also be proper to extradite Phil to silverlight to hold that trial, because it is not under Unkalaki jurisdiction.

"Thankfully, we have since established that we are indeed acting under Silverlight law. 

I would seek to amend the charge against Phil to one of falsely claiming to be a judge, rather than a silverlight official. There is irrefutable evidence suggesting that Phil did claim to be a judge:"

All rise for the Honorable Judge Phil." The choice of judge was perhaps unreasonable, but it had been done at the last minute.

"There is a great deal of circumstantial evidence suggesting that Phil is indeed not a judge, beginning with the words of god himself:

The choice of judge was perhaps unreasonable,

"This extends to the conduct of Phil during the trial, and namely, that he sought to preside over a trial relating to one he was well acquainted with. A real judge would know that behaving in such a manner would be an act of grave corruption, and Phil's lack of regard for this is indicative of his not really being a judge. Evidence for their being well acquainted is as follows, wich if insufficient, can be corroborated by additional evidence:

So, the rules. Er, about that… well, you see, Mr. Hooded Cloak over there says I’m technically not supposed to tell you anything. But I’ve always been one to—shall we say bend the rules a little bit (excuse the pun). I mean, you guys have to have some kind of groundwork to go off of, right?

You’ll get a notebook to record stuff in too, it’s only a page though so not much of a notebook. It gets shown to everyone once you die. Mr. Hooded Cloak keeps trying to get me to call it a Will but he’s really kind of a morbid guy. Trust me, you don’t want to get to know that git.

Speaking of which, there’s a bunch of random stuff he wanted me to tell you. After you die you’ll return here for a couple cycles before “passing on” (see, morbid guy, right?) during which you’ll be “judged for your actions” and you might potentially change your outlook on life. That one’ll be important if you ever get brought back from the dead. He also told me "tie lynches are random" and “scans aren’t infallible” or something weird like that. And, oddly, he also wanted me to make sure to tell you that Wills aren’t carved in metal.

"Not only do these quotes indicate that Phil and Mr Hooded Cloak are well acquainted, they also indicate that Phil appears to be working for Mr Hooded Cloak, which, although unnecessary, makes Phil's presiding over the trial yet more improper.

If Phil is a judge, this acquaintance is sufficient to justify a charge of corruption against Phil, who would clearly be using his position for his own benefit. I'll expound upon this if such a charge becomes necessary.

Although the charge, as it stands, is now impersonation of a judge, evidence does exist suggesting Phil was acting as an official of Silverlight. The initial "trial" Phil presided over occurred in the Cognitive Realm, and the only recognised legal authority existing in the Cognitive Realm is that of SIlevrlight. It would be assumed by all present, this being the case, that Phil was acting as a legal representative of Silverlight, and he made no action seeking to demonstrate to the contrary.

If Phil is indeed a judge, or a representative of Silverlight, then he is guilty of corrruption, for presiding over the trial of an acquaintance (at best), and his employer (at worst). If he is not a judge, then he is guilty of illegally claiming to be a judge. I eagerly await Phil's response, and look forward to seeing how he will plead."

@Ecthelion III

Edited by OrlokTsubodai

Do I really have to sit through all this legal stuff? Fine.

You're right, Mr. Hooded Cloak is basically my employer. And you're right, I did say, and I quote [clears throat and proceeds in a dramatic manner] "All rise for the Honorable Judge Phil!"  I'm not a judge; I would never carry around all that certification paperwork. Too much work.

However, you are taking it a bit too far with the Silverlight thing. You say "I made no action seeking to demonstrate to the contrary" that I was a Silverlight judge, but really now, the burden of proof lies upon you as the prosecutor. I never claimed to be affiliated with Silverlight, I only ever claimed to be a judge.

Which is true! I claimed to be a judge, and I'm not really a judge. Sue me.   Or since you've already done that, try to do something to me. Good luck, I don't have a body!

16 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

Do I really have to sit through all this legal stuff? Fine.

You're right, Mr. Hooded Cloak is basically my employer. And you're right, I did say, and I quote [clears throat and proceeds in a dramatic manner] "All rise for the Honorable Judge Phil!"  I'm not a judge; I would never carry around all that certification paperwork. Too much work.

However, you are taking it a bit too far with the Silverlight thing. You say "I made no action seeking to demonstrate to the contrary" that I was a Silverlight judge, but really now, the burden of proof lies upon you as the prosecutor. I never claimed to be affiliated with Silverlight, I only ever claimed to be a judge.

Which is true! I claimed to be a judge, and I'm not really a judge. Sue me.   Or since you've already done that, try to do something to me. Good luck, I don't have a body!

Whilst the burden of proof now lies upon me, the onus was on you at the time of the claim to demonstrate that you were not affiliated with Silverlight. 

In terms of what is to be done with you, I propose leaving the punishment to the determination of the jury. I'm sure they'll have a number of creative ideas.

Chapter 7: The Wings of Angels

Skai's Remnant was found Guilty of Assault with a Deadly Weapon against Mr. Red Facemask! He has been fined one essence mark, to be given to the plaintiff,” said the judge.

Skai’s Remnant chuckled. Then he laughed harder and harder until his booming laughter filled the courtroom. “Very well!” he said, “and how about I pay the fine right now.” He opened the box containing the spare Essence Marks and tossed one to Facemask’s ghost.

“You’re going to have a hard time proving that murder charge, Mr. Tekiel,” Skai’s Remnant said smugly, “considering your client isn’t actually dead.”

The judge slammed his gavel down. “Court is now adjourned for the night!”

-

Requiem slipped the bracelet onto his wrist. The outer layer melted into light which shot down his arm to his back, where a pair of gigantic wings sprouted. Around him, the other adventurers got wings of their own of all different sizes and types. Requiem tested his own; they felt so natural, as if he had had them all his life. He lifted himself a few inches off the ground.

After allowing everyone a few seconds of experimentation, Skai’s Remnant spoke. “Because of the delay, we’ll need to travel as fast as our wings can carry us if we want to rendezvous with our friend at the Valley. It’s quite the distance, but I think you’ll find—“ he flapped his wings and hovered “—these aren’t just for decoration.”

TO BE CONTINUED after I get more sleep. The main setting of this cycle will be in midair, flying westward from the Peaks.

This is a Day cycle lasting 48 hours.

Mr, Red Facemask (Alvron) has come back to the Physical Realm!

Requiem (Drake Marshall) has died and returned to the Cognitive Realm! Here is his autopsy report:

Spoiler

597c18d045e11_DrakeAR.thumb.png.d111f709b1e06f01d938b19afbe45b40.png

And here is his will:

Spoiler

So somebody decided to call my bluff about being killed? Heh.

Well, that was probably smart of you, because I was completely playing up my protective powers, and also somewhat downplaying my investigative ones. The fact that you are reading this proves that I could be killed.

About 80% of the reason I made my reveal quite so flashy as I did was just to avoid getting killed. I figured that if I got Yitzi lynched without claiming, I’d still get promptly killed. So I preempted that with a reason to not kill me. Namely that it wouldn’t work.

But there’s still a great deal of truth to what I claimed. A random good-aligned player will have inherited my role.

I want you guys to be careful though, because I’m guessing the power of my role is balanced out by a powerful eliminator faction. If we are lucky, all that power died with Odium.

Anyways, I’d like to leave all my possessions and all my gold to the next Doctor.

If that isn’t allowed, I’d like them to be given randomly to either Asterion or Aonar (all to one or all to the other, not split up).

I don’t think there’s really much else to say. Except maybe good luck.

Good luck.

Friendly reminder that this may have been tampered with. If this line is still intact that’s IKYK.

Edited by Ecthelion III

The Physical Realm

1. Lucky Duke (Cloudjumper) - handy with a barrel
2. Vulture Sam (asterion137) - a card hustler
3. BrightnessRadiant as Herself - very confused worldhopper
4. Liz Allan (Sami) - terribly confused Marvel fanatic
5. Ister Mo (Manukos) - likes camping
6. Tautali Laust (Megasif) - valiant Radiant on a journey of self-discovery
7. Dr. C (Clanky) - Rickrolling mad scientist
8. Locke Tekiel (OrlokTsubodai) - I feel like this guy's died before
9. Silver Feather (Roadwalker) - deep in thought
10. An Innocent Man (A Joe in the Bush) - definitely harmless
11. Daniyah as Herself - first blackout game!
12. Aralis (Araris Valerian) - former head-thumper back from the dead
13. Mr, Red Facemask (Alvron) - likes to use commas

The Cognitive Realm

1. Jaspian (StrikerEZ) - talks to a stick was Karata
2. Requiem (Drake Marshall) - Kyner from the future was The Doctor
3. Aran (Aonar Faileas) - the hunter was King Eventeo

The Spiritual Realm

1. ppil (STINK) - had some beef with Phil
2. Alvron (Straw) - was a very confusing guy
3. Eobard Thawne (The Flash) - was NOT an evil speedster
4. The Wanderer (Yitzi2) - was definitely not Hoid

bla_1501473600.png

Edited by Ecthelion III

It was raining.  A heavy rain that almost drowned out the thunder that cracked throughout the night.

Ratel worked long into the night and dawn was mere minutes away.  He had had to call in several flavors to acquire the body before him but if it worked then it would be worth the price.  It would be worth any price.

After checking everything was in place, Ratel removed the Heart of the Divine from its protective case.  Taking a quick sip of whiskey from Heatherlocke's flask, Ratel carefully shaved off a sliver of Heart and, with trembling hands, inserted the sliver just under the skin of the body above it’s own heart.

Replacing the Heart and locking it away Ratel next took out a Gold Spike, and with three quick blows, drove it through the sliver and into the bodies heart.

A great clap of lightning lit up the sky quickly followed by a booming peal of thunder.

The body’s hand twitched once.  Ratel held his breath.  It twitched again and a third time.  It wasn’t long until more parts were twitching.

After what seemed like an eternity, Mr, Red Facemask sat up.  His eyes slowly coming into focus.

“It’s alive.  ALIVE!!!!”

The courtroom was mostly silent; everyone waited with baited breath for the results to come in. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the courtroom door opened.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the voting results are in," Elenion said as he walked up to the stand, "The decisions of the jury will now be read to the court."

Skai's Remnant was found Guilty of Assault with a Deadly Weapon against Mr. Red Facemask! He has been fined one essence mark, to be given to the plaintiff.

Phil has been found Guilty of Impersonation of a Public Official! He has been sentenced to public service as a Silverlight errand boy for one year!

Requiem (Drake Marshall) has been found Not Guilty of Slander against Mr. Red Facemask! This charge has been appealed by the prosecutor Mr. Tekiel.

The charges of Murder against Skai's Remnant and Libel against Ecthelion III will be held today!

Edited by Elenion

2 minutes ago, Elenion said:

The charges of Murder against Skai's Remnant and Libel against Ecthelion III will be held today!

Should we not hold that tonight so this cycle can focus on the Lynch?  Night cycles are perfect for Court RP.

13 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@Elenion, we haven't yet brought any evidence against Reqiuem, nor opened the case. Isn't this a mistrial?

See PM.

12 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Should we not hold that tonight so this cycle can focus on the Lynch?  Night cycles are perfect for Court RP.

If both the prosecution and defense are in favor of it, the Head Juror (me) may declare a recess until the night cycle.

The prosecution and the defense have reached an agreement. The court is declared in recess until night 4, where it will hear the following 4 charges:

Murder against Skai's Remnant

Libel against Ecthelion III

Slander against Requiem (appeal by Mr. Tekiel)

Simple Assault against Requiem (new charge)

Edited by Elenion

2 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

Remember that this is a Day cycle, and the primary focus of discussion should be a lynch. Any red text denotes a vote.

Then it looks like we'll need a vote tally with the things in red text...

Guilty (2) - Len, Len

Stink (1) - Ecth

Yitzi (1) - Ecth

Hmm what I find especialy interesting is that his role jumped to an other player this could mean that the same goes for odium's power as well 

Also what I find weird is that he said that he downplayed his investigative power , but  if he can scan all elims then why hasnt he left a list of everyone he has checked

57 minutes ago, Manukos said:

Hmm what I find especialy interesting is that his role jumped to an other player this could mean that the same goes for odium's power as well 

Also what I find weird is that he said that he downplayed his investigative power , but  if he can scan all elims then why hasnt he left a list of everyone he has checked

He can only check for odium, I believe.

Okay....so actual game discussion now haha (I need to catch up on that court case :P otherwise I won't be a very fair juror lol)

I'll need to go back and look through the game thread some, but to avoid placing a vote late in the cycle, as is my fault many times, I will place a vote on roadwalker because he was one of the last player's that Drake told me he was reading oddly when I was discussing with him in pm.

I will be back with analysis later, but from what I can remember, Road, has placed some odd votes without backing them up very well. He has explained, but not very thoroughly.

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

Thmmm something dawned on me last night 

Is it possible that drake is evil and lead the lynch on odium so that we all think he is good ?

I would say that based on his atitude and ecthelion's storytelling it is highly improbable, but still just throwing it out there 

Perhaps not this game but generaly is it a good elim tact?

@Manukos, given this very suspicion was mentioned a number of times, both in the cycle that Drake claimed, and in the following night cycle, why mention this as something you’ve just realised?
Why did you display such hesitancy in putting the idea forward? Do you not agree that your hesitancy gives the impression that you are evil, and want to cast suspicion on Drake without committing to a vote?

Can the people in the cognitive realm come back to the physical realm with another essence mark?

Does anyone in the cognitive realm want an essence mark? I'd be willing to pass one onto a good guy if they need it.

@Megasif, did you ask the GMs about this plan at all before mentioning it in the thread? I did, and got the answer that only items marked as such could be passed into the cognitive realm from the physical realm. 
If you were serious about the plan, why didn’t you ask the GMs about it, and if you did, why did you then give the thread the impression that you could do this?
At present, I can’t help but be suspicious of your actions here, which seem to be only focused on having people think that you’re doing the right things, rather than actually doing them.

I asked ecthelion last cycle he said that you could if you have an action that sais so

@Manukos, what was the wording of the answer? Did Ecthelion specify an action able to move items into the Cognitive realm, or an item able to be moved as such? I’m sure we have some protective actions in the game - an option might be for an individual with this action (if they exist) to claim, relieve protection, and act as a conduit to pass spare essence marks into the Cognitive realm.

Ah I'm glad this came up haha..I just asked that in a pm :P

@BrightnessRadiant, what answer did you get when you asked the question in your PM?

@Drake Marshall quotes @Clanky's following post:

Given the nature of this game all roles are basically secret . But yeah the two roles are likely special in some way, maybe heads of the factions, actual named cosmere characters, or potentially neutrals/those with their own victory conditions. It appears as though we will be getting game related info from the write-ups. I'm not sure what else we can get out of this write-up beyond the role stuff. Rayse is mentioned in the "voice in our heads", I'm leaning towards thinking that means he isn't in the game as one of the special roles.

Drake says the following in response to this post:

I am noting here that Clanky expressed skepticism that Odium was the evil special role in this game.

At face value, this would mean they aren't an elim, because an elim would know who their boss was.

But they could have included that detail deliberately so as to appear not too knowledgeable about things.

This comment is very slightly village leaning imo.

I disagree that we should have a village lean from this post.
@Clanky, my view is that this is more likely to be a distancing action, either trying to present the idea that Odium isn’t a member of the eliminator team if he exists, or making it seem like he isn’t on the eliminator team. I think it was fairly obvious that Odium would be a role in the game (thinking about the “one of them will destroy the world”), which makes me more inclined to read this as a somewhat eliminator leaning post.

@Drake Marshall also addressed @Aonar Faileas, arguing that his offering to give up a mark is a highly village thing to do. I’d point out to the rest of the village that Aonar didn't actually intend to follow through with this promise. 
His suspicion of Yitzi is however alignment indicative, and is more likely to come from village!Aonar.@Roadwalker said the following:

No because whoever has the Ruin role (or the equivalent) can change wills, and I can only give the cipher to people I trust, so the elims who read it or ruin who reads it won't see the true message, only the people I trust.

@Ecthelion III Is there Ruin in this game, or not? The sentence "wills aren't written in metal" tells us that there is a shard, right? Can you tell us this much?

Part of me is minded to think that this could be a distancing attempt, having us think he believes that Ruin, rather than Odium, is the evil special role. 
Also, @Roadwalker, I’m not sure you ever gave a satisfactory answer as to your flip flopping on @Alvron. Do you not agree that it looks like you’re trying to go with the majority to lynch a villager without providing justification.

Drake also brings up the following quote from @Roadwalker:

Yeah, ok. So Phil told me I am an Arelon Villager. ARELON.  Not just villager, a Selish villager, so I am thinking maybe we will be in different planets as well. Maybe the splintering of different shards?

For those of you who don’t know, Arelon Villager was just the basic roleless, so I’m in agreement with Drake that this isn’t alignment indicative.

Drake brings up the following post from Yitzi:

And thereby cause the elim kill to be that much more effective in comparison?  No thank you.  Cloudjumper.

Drake says it reflects on Cloudjumper’s alignment, as he believes D1 bussing to be poor for, and thinks Yitzi to be honourable.
I disagree that this is something we should use to consider alignments, given other players may not consider the same things dishonourable.
I think Yitzi’s immediate retraction is very suspicious, and warrants a great deal of further suspicion being cast on Cloudjumper. It’s entirely possible that Yitzi realised his vote made Cloudjumper a viable lynch target, and withdrew it, not wanting a D1 bus of a teammate.

@BrightnessRadiant, you’ve been much quieter than I’m used to seeing this game. What are your thoughts Drake ruling out Alv, Aonar, Asterion and Cloud as evil? If you agree, why?
Who do you think is likely to be evil?

Again! Nobody helped me stand on my head with my feet in my mouth, dumping chocolate pudding over myself and singing Hambo the Great in Dutch! Has no one read Alcatraz? Oh well. @Drake Marshall the only way I can translate my gut feel into words is that Alvron has been avoiding mention of him being evil, where he normally talks about how evil he is and how many times he has been evil and adds lots of :ph34r: faces, which is either him being good, or him being evil and trying to throw us off. Dunno.

@Roadwalker, you’ve used your gut as justification for votes and suspicions an awful lot this game. Would you be able to do an analysis on a player or two, so that we can look at your actual thought process? What are your thoughts on @Manukos, and on @Clanky?

sorry I've been away recently so haven't had a lot of time to get on here. Excuse me while I go catch up on the last couple of cycles :ph34r: 

@Sami, you’ve now had three days since this post to catch up on what’s been going on. What are your thoughts on the game? Do you have any suspicions, and if so, who are you suspicious of?

Before that the day (and the last night as well) was too dead of conversation and what you wanted to avoid , more discussion . Well I guess acusations and theories fly a lot more on the first two days , but still . 

I will join you on the lynch of Alvron ofand theoreticaly if we go through everyone one by one it should be an easy game , I d even be willing of lynching myself in the future if the majority asks for it in the future , I already have an rp in mind for that occasion

I suspect that the elims will start going after the five that drake indicated so perhaps revealing roles now wouldnt be  be the whorst of plans, since it would give the elims more targets ,  but I need some feedback on that plan . I dont know how sound it is

@Manukos, I really don’t want to lynch you, as you’ve been far more involved in this game than I’ve seen you previously, which I think is highly commendable, but I really don’t like this post of yours.

Why on earth would we seek to go through every player systematically? Please explain how that is advantageous to us, and how it isn’t merely a ploy to end discussion.

Please also explain why revealing roles is a remotely good idea. If we know the eliminators will target one of those five, it allows us to focus protection. Revealing roles makes it more likely the eliminator kill will get through, and allows the eliminators their choice of targets.

Until you provide satisfactory answers to those, my vote will be on Manukos

Also interesting that @Clanky prevents the lynch of @Manukos following this post:

Manukos, Roadwalker. How about a three way tie?

@Manukos, I suspect he did, and left it buried in his will to make it less obvious, to minimise tampering. I think it entirely possible that he scanned Aonar and Asterion, and left his items to one or the other of them, knowing neither was evil.

In summary, lots of questions, and ideally I’d like everyone to read the questions addressed to all players, and particularly the questions targeting Manukos.

Edited by Orlok Tsubodai

Apparently I can't edit my post, so I apologise preemptively for the double posting.

@Alvron, care to reveal any information on the Cognitive Realm? What actions did you have available? Is there any way in which we might communicate with those still there? Did you find anything out abut the meaning of Ecthelion's suggestion that you might change your outlook on life? How did you get the essence mark that allowed you to return? Was your will changed, at all? If so, in what way?

@Orlok Tsubodai Yeah, I've been way quieter in this game (as I warned I would be) because I'm a bit worn out from keeping up with cycles end times, doing analysis, putting in actions, etc. I'm just coasting a bit more in this game cuz it will be my last for a little while. I did, however, mention in my previous post this cycle, that I will be reading back through the thread and putting up analysis this cycle. So, stay tuned. :P

1 hour ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

@Alvron, care to reveal any information on the Cognitive Realm?
What actions did you have available?
Is there any way in which we might communicate with those still there?
Did you find anything out abut the meaning of Ecthelion's suggestion that you might change your outlook on life?
How did you get the essence mark that allowed you to return?
Was your will changed, at all? If so, in what way?

Sure.  Some of the dead say that Roadwalker is village.
None that I was aware of.  Mostly we sat around doing RP.  Well Flash and Yitzi did at least.
Yes.  There is a role/item/ability that lets someone talk to the dead.  If that person would contact me, I would appreciate it.
I found out nothing.  I sadly didn't ask any questions while dead as I figured I wouldn't be coming back. Oops.
That's a very good question.  I have no idea.  It might have something to do with me having used two Marks before my death though as I was brought back by the one with overlapping circles.
Nothing was changed in my Will.