Top 10 theories going into Oathbringer

bdoble97

- Kaladin will have to confront his past as a budding revolutionary leading the darkeyed revolt and his status as a protector of all against the backdrop of an Alethi revolt and the cruelty of Lighteyes like Roshsone, and the waste and callous behavior of the queen. A miserable, beaten down Leral and a angry, bitter Liridin will both play rolls in this.

- Dalinar will discover both his own dark past and the secret that broke the Radiants and have to overcome both

- We will learn that Ishar is a traitor to humanity, either out of madness or despair. He may be either Restares, Tezim, or both. Nalan will confront him 

- Szeth will not progress towards a Skybreaker, instead he will be either a Stoneward or a Dustbringer

- Eshonai will recover herself and swear at least the first oath towards being a Willshaper

- Rysn will swear the first oath in her Interlude. 

Edited by thejopen27

-Dalinar gets rid of another Shardblade, since of his previous pace of one per book. It's not going to be the Stormfather, because that should be the finale of Book 5, when the Final Desolation is over and it's "okay again" to do another Recreance (because I assume they did it without fear since a Desolation wasn't happening)

-Shallan learns how to do sound with her Lightweaving, and Kaladin can Lash without line-of-sight being parallel to the Lash direction. Renarin will Lightweave a vision of his, which will be so bad the people watching it will be rendered catatonic for the next hour.

On 10/12/2017 at 1:03 AM, thejopen27 said:

Hoid and Lyft have already met. Just not on screen. Lyft talks about a man who intentionally got swallowed by a greatshell in merebethia, she says she misses him. Hoid says he once spent time in the belly of a great shell.

I forgot about that. I wish we could've seen that interaction. The next time they meet, Lift and Hoid team up to take over the cosmere. 

Nale and Amaram will meet, and initially Amaram bows down before the herald and rambles on at great length to describe how hard he worked to bring the heralds back. Finally Nale tells him to shut up, rattles of the long list of crimes Amaram has committed in the name of returning the heralds. And then says something like "congratulations on your success... now come on you're going to jail". The irony would just be brilliant.

Edited by Unhinged

3 hours ago, Unhinged said:

Nale and Amaram will meet, and initially Amaram bows down before the herald and rambles on at great length to describe how hard he worked to bring the heralds back. Finally Nale tells him to shut up, rattles of the long list of crimes Amaram has committed in the name of returning the heralds. And then says something like "congratulations on your success... now come on you're going to jail". The irony would just be brilliant.

Yes, please!!!!

On 10/18/2017 at 5:14 PM, Unhinged said:

Oh if this scene happens, there's no way Amaram survives that encounter haha.

On 10/12/2017 at 0:39 PM, Guck said:

1. Kaladin is going to struggle with being a lighteyes

2. A large-scale civil war will break out against those with and those against the Radiants having returned.

3. Odium is somehow going to show up, or reveal his 'champion' (will it be eshonai, or someone new?)

4. Shallan will be forced to choose between Kal and Adolin

5. Lift will make her way to the rest of the Radiants.

I don't think Odium's champion will be Eshonai.  I large scale civil war would be really interesting.  Part of me thinks it's more likely to be related to Taravangian's meddling than the Radiant question though,

• Chaos locked this topic