Inconsistency - assassin fight?

Cloak

This is with respect to Vin's fight against the assassins sent by Cett. 

There were total eight of them - 4 Thugs, 1 lurcher, 1 smoker and two coinshots; one of which was actually a Mistborn. 
First to die was a true coinshot; dagger in his chest.

At some future point, she faced 3 of the remaining 7 : smoker, lurcher and coinshot-Mistborn. A wounded thug had stayed back to protect them.
Vin next killed the thug. That makes 2 out of 8 dead (she attacked this second coinshot as well; thought she killed him, but as he was a Mistborn he did not die)
She killed lurcher. That makes three dead. Then the watcher killed the smoker to give hint to Vin that there was a Mistborn in the team. That's four dead.

By the end of the fight, 4 out of 8 people were dead, one of those being a thug. But the book mentions
''Though their Mistborn paused, the four unfortunate Thugs continued to charge, having no way to know that Vin burned atium.''
implying the total remaining as 5 people instead of 4.

Is that a printing mistake or did I count those deaths wrong? (Though there is a clear mention of a thug dying)
If that's a printing mistake, was it revised in the latter editions?

• 3 months later...

So, I fixed this in the leatherbound a few weeks ago, and it should eventually trickle down to the other editions.

There are three remaining Thugs, not four. Yet after that it mentions four Thugs dying. I went back to the early drafts to figure out what happened. Originally only three Thugs died after that, and I think the phantom fourth Thug got added during Brandon and Moshe's original extensive editing process, when someone miscounted.

2 hours ago, PeterAhlstrom said:

So, I fixed this in the leatherbound a few weeks ago, and it should eventually trickle down to the other editions.

There are three remaining Thugs, not four. Yet after that it mentions four Thugs dying. I went back to the early drafts to figure out what happened. Originally only three Thugs died after that, and I think the phantom fourth Thug got added during Brandon and Moshe's original extensive editing process, when someone miscounted.

That solves it. Thanks! :D

• Chaos locked this topic