19 hours ago, Seonid said:

Oh, of course. You almost have to if you end up evil.  There are very few people in this world that can win a game as the eliminator faction without telling a lie at all.

Since I'm not willing to lie, I suppose I simply have to manipulate my own meta in such a way as to allow me to do exactly that.

12 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Since I'm not willing to lie, I suppose I simply have to manipulate my own meta in such a way as to allow me to do exactly that.

So lying without lying. Hmm. I was thinking something along them lines.

8 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

I think Joe did that for a while. He swore to tell 100% the truth, but then even village!Joe refused to say anything about his alignment.

9 minutes ago, Elenion said:

I think Joe did that for a while. He swore to tell 100% the truth, but then even village!Joe refused to say anything about his alignment.

I'm of the belief that honesty is the best way to go. Because it also makes it easier to hide the lies :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Elenion said:

Yeah, that's pretty much how you have to do it, and I've been taking that approach from day 1.  The issue is then how to phrase reads in such a way that it doesn't say whether you already know who's an elim.

52 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

Yeah, that's pretty much how you have to do it, and I've been taking that approach from day 1.  The issue is then how to phrase reads in such a way that it doesn't say whether you already know who's an elim.

My solution is to lie a lot, but make it so that when I lie it sounds like I'm telling the truth. Sometimes I'll express suspicion of or even vote on elim teammates.

Edit: Are you choosing not to lie as a preference because you'd just rather be truthful, or because of a religious or social thing?

Edited by Elenion

50 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Edit: Are you choosing not to lie as a preference because you'd just rather be truthful, or because of a religious or social thing?

It is definitely not a social thing.  Whether it quite qualifies as a religious thing, or simply a moral thing, or simply a preference, I'm not quite sure myself.

26 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

This sentence is not true.

Error: Statement inconsistent with any standard truth-value.

Hypothesis: Statement is attempt to cause fatal error in less-sophisticated mechanical minds.

Statement is consistent with standard truth value, " This sentence is not true. " If sentence is not true, then sentence must be lie. Proven: Lie.

If sentence is a lie, then statement " This sentence is not true. " is obviously false and thus the sentence is true. Proven: Truth.

If sentence is truth, then sentence is obviously not true. Thus the sentence is a lie. Proven: Lie.

If sentence is a lie, then statement " This sentence is not true. " is obviously false and thus the sentence is true. Proven: Truth.

If sentence is truth, then sentence is obviously not true. Thus the sentence is a lie. Proven: Lie.

Spoiler

ERROR: Mechanical Mind Overload. Emergency Self Destruct.

Edited by Roadwalker

Btw, are we allowed to share info to other groups? So if you are a Parshendi and Voidbringer in scholar form, are you allowed to share your findings to your Voidbringer friends?

@Roadwalker my mind just got muddled up by that truth-lie thing. I'll be back after I clear it with some good common sense soothing Sanderson book reading

Edited by Sami

3 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

It is definitely not a social thing.  Whether it quite qualifies as a religious thing, or simply a moral thing, or simply a preference, I'm not quite sure myself.

IRL I try to be truthful much like you do, but I suspend that for SE. I look at it as lying being part of the game, just as if you were playing two truths and a lie or any bluffing-based card game.

2 hours ago, Sami said:

Btw, are we allowed to share info to other groups? So if you are a Parshendi and Voidbringer in scholar form, are you allowed to share your findings to your Voidbringer friends?

@Roadwalker my mind just got muddled up by that truth-lie thing. I'll be back after I clear it with some good common sense soothing Sanderson book reading

You're allowed to tell anybody anything. The only thing you can't do is copy-paste or screenshot a PM and put it into the main thread as proof of something.

(Nobody call me out for double-posting. It's the dadgum quote glitch again)

5 minutes ago, Elenion said:

You're allowed to tell anybody anything. The only thing you can't do is copy-paste or screenshot a PM and put it into the main thread as proof of something.

Good to know

Oh, and blue text is when you talk about real life issues like say "I was diagnosed with cancer and thus will not be on for this cycle" or "My grandpa died and as such I will be less active next week." You cannot lie in blue text.

39 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

Oh, and blue text is when you talk about real life issues like say "I was diagnosed with cancer and thus will not be on for this cycle" or "My grandpa died and as such I will be less active next week." You cannot lie in blue text.

Unless the lie is not actually a lie?

Nothing can change the Truth, for the Truth is eternal. Men are of the Physical World, where there is Deceit and Wickedness. Only those who have transcended to the Spirit World by means of death or enlightenment have the full knowledge of the Truth.

I, Sareth, am one of those transcendent beings. The few others I have met have phased on, for reasons I know not, despite my enlightened state. Something keeps me here...

But never mind, this talk of lies and truth has summoned me!