More analysis: Alethi generally want to take out Parshendi, since that way they can be sure they're not hitting one of their own, and are actively helping the secret group whose win condition is compatible with their own.  (And vice versa as well).  Thus, the lynch will always favor the more numerous group, and role identification is more important than alignment identification for non-Ghostbloods (at least until the Sons/Voidbringers are taken out and they have no way to win without taking out the Ghostbloods, or they can wipe out the Ghostbloods and have a significant majority).  The Ghostblood kill will generally favor the less numerous group, since the Ghostbloods want to keep things fairly balanced.  The Ghostbloods are the only ones with a real vested interest in taking out the Sons/Voidbringers (except for Voidbringers with a love of killing using Stormform, of course).

Edited by Yitzi2

On 7/4/2017 at 11:09 AM, Seonid said:

Your devotion to the tenets of Vorinism is absolute, and the degraded influence and state of the modern devotaries is shameful to you, bordering on blasphemous. Through your studies of history, you have realized that the Parshendi are, in fact, the Voidbringers of the old stories - the warriors of a Desolation. And since a new Desolation is the only way you see to return to the rightful order of things, this peace must be stopped at all costs. The Sons of Honor are hidden among the Alethi faction, and may possess additional roles from the Alethi Role List. Like other Alethi, they may create a PM between themselves and another player each cycle. The Sons of Honor have a faction doc to conspire in and may not win with the Alethi win condition.

So the sons of honor have to kill all the Alethi too?

9 minutes ago, asterion137 said:

So the sons of honor have to kill all the Alethi too?

No, they just can't ignore their win condition and win anyways.  If you're a son of honor,  you only win if the Parshendi all die. If there's at least one regular Alethi alive at the end of it, the Alethi faction wins too.

1 hour ago, Seonid said:

No, they just can't ignore their win condition and win anyways.  If you're a son of honor,  you only win if the Parshendi all die. If there's at least one regular Alethi alive at the end of it, the Alethi faction wins too.

So if all the Parshendi die, and there are  two Alethi left, one normal and one son of honor, in that case is it a joint victory for the Alethi faction AND the Sons of honor?

6 hours ago, Megasif said:

So if all the Parshendi die, and there are  two Alethi left, one normal and one son of honor, in that case is it a joint victory for the Alethi faction AND the Sons of honor?

Yes

3 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Let's assume for a second that all Ghostbloods, Sons, and Voidbringers are killed. What would then be the condition for the game to end?

"All Ghostbloods, Sons, and Voidbringers are killed" is one of the conditions for game end.

9 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Let's assume for a second that all Ghostbloods, Sons, and Voidbringers are killed. What would then be the condition for the game to end?

That is a game end condition, and the Alethi and Parshendi win together in such a circumstance.

:ph34r: ninja'ed by Yitzi

Edited by Seonid

1 minute ago, Frozen Mint said:

I haven't read these books, but this looks fun. What are the chances that this game will end by the 28th?

By my calculations that's going to be during C8. With 2 basically guaranteed kills per round, and the potential for more, by that time the game will either be over or down to the last few players. Of course, I could always arrange for your early death...

@Elenion (Take the glasses off before you facepalm.) :P (Or you have to clean your lenses off.)

I will make both a human and a parshendi character:

Human: David Arthur Roadrunner, DA Roadrunner for short. Is an anthropologist who spent his career researching primitive human cultures near the Shattered Plains. About fifty years old, short, salt-and-pepper hair, usually in his khaki uniform. He now makes a fortune betting on slug races. His champion racing slug, Carlos, recognizable by his lime green racing stripes, is usually on his shoulder.

Parshendi: Arbol is a short, studious male who prefers scholarform, and likes to play pranks. His notable scientific achievements include the discovery and labeling of the dirt molecule, the law of lift (commonly used in gliders) that

l 1 m < l 3 m

(The lifting power of one average man.) < (The lifting power of three average men.)

Which led to his theory (not yet proven) that if you put enough m in a bucket, the combined l should be enough to lift them and the bucket they are in, off the ground.

40 minutes ago, Elenion said:

By my calculations that's going to be during C8. With 2 basically guaranteed kills per round, and the potential for more, by that time the game will either be over or down to the last few players. Of course, I could always arrange for your early death...

Thanks for the offer, but no. :P Interesting notion though, player deaths would bring the game to an earlier end. Hmmm.

I want to sign up, but I'll be going on vacation at the end of this month. :(

26 minutes ago, Frozen Mint said:

Thanks for the offer, but no. :P Interesting notion though, player deaths would bring the game to an earlier end. Hmmm.

I want to sign up, but I'll be going on vacation at the end of this month. :(

Do it... do it... I promise not to kill you... 

I will also make two characters:

Rif is an Alendi darkeyes from the camp of Highlord Vamah.  He tends to be shy, except when he has an idea he wants to share.

Ethik is a Parshendi who doesn't think this "alliance" business has much chance of working out.  (Whether that's simply because of how he assesses the chances, or a more sinister motive, and whether he might change his mind...time will tell.)

2 hours ago, Roadwalker said:

@Elenion (Take the glasses off before you facepalm.) :P (Or you have to clean your lenses off.)

As a glasses-wearer myself (I'm legally blind nearsighted), I find the best tactic is to facepalm with them on but put the palm of my hand to my forehead.

Hold on: SE Player facepalms! (inside jokes and past game references)

Amanuensis facepalm: When you post while drunk and accidentally out an elim teammate

Ecthelion facepalm: When you just died C1 again

Araris facepalm: When people forget you're playing again

OrlokTsubodai facepalm: When the village appoints a mayor again

LittleWilson facepalm: When your team decides to pull yet another WGG on you

Elenion facepalm: When you get a vote-manipulation role again (I mean seriously, the RNG is rigged)

TheOnlyJoe facepalm: When someone else uses your signature defenestration kill without asking

Jondesu facepalm: When you pick a random player to lie about, but it's the easily-confirmed neutral role

Alvron facepalm: When someone steals your head/finger/body part again

GM facepalm: When the SK dies early again

19 minutes ago, Elenion said:

TheOnlyJoe facepalm: When someone else uses your signature defenestration kill without asking.

Huh, There's no windows on the Shattered Plains. Alright then! If I am a Parshendi, my character shall be a traveling window merchant. If I am Alethi, I shall be Sani disguised as a traveling window merchant.