Oops forgot to vote on Cloud. Also I would be willing to trade information about lives and stuff with the Ghostblood for information about factions and roles and stuff just cause I'm hoping the GB survives and wins or gets pretty close because that seems fairly unlikely at this point. 

Well. I think this is pretty nearly the end.

Almost everybody has been scanned.

The last Voidbringer is getting lynched today. No arguments there.

The last Son of Honor is getting bladed today. Thank you for not protecting Striker this last cycle, Elbereth.

The Ghostbloods are all dead, to my knowledge.

It looks like everybody else is about to win.

That was kind of anticlimactic, to be honest.

Still a fun game, heh. Faction games are highly interesting.

Well played everybody.

The only case in which the game doesn't end this cycle is if Yitzi is actually a secret faction. If I had to guess I would say he isn't, but if he is, that would make the game last one additional cycle.

1 hour ago, cloudjumper said:

Ok so since I'm going to die anyways this cycle I might as well explain my actions.

So after the hysteria I experienced after I realized that Alv was probably going to backstab me and kill me after they killed everyone else, I assumed that with Striker gone, village would have gone after me next. I wasn't willing to take the chance that there might be more Ghostbloods, so I thought that I was the last secret faction left and would be killed this cycle, resulting in a village victory. I attacked Alv because I was attempting to cripple the village in my death or something. I probably should have chosen Drake instead (sorry Drake) but oh well. In case you haven't noticed this plan was not exactly well thought out and I should have actually thought about it before doing it. Looking back that was really, really dumb but at least I learned something today. Wait what? No I never learn from my mistakes. Forget I said that. 

Look on the bright side though now we know that there is at least one GB out there. Good luck to you whoever you are. Also good luck to the village for finding them. But make sure to kill GB last.

Also Seonid is it possible for Voidbringers to win if they all die? Because if so then Parshendi you should totally go for Voidbringer victory even though I was super mean and stuff.

tl;dr:

I attacked Alv to cripple the village and rid them of their kill but it was not the best of decisions and a massive failure.

What?? :(  I never had any intention of attacking you.  I had no need to.  The village was going to lynch you before there would be any need for me to attack you.  Besides that, I was actually considering helping you get the Voidbringer win.  Not too seriously but it was in the back of my mind.  Guess there's no chance of that now.  Goodbye Cloud.

6 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Well. I think this is pretty nearly the end.

Almost everybody has been scanned.

The last Voidbringer is getting lynched today. No arguments there.

The last Son of Honor is getting bladed today. Thank you for not protecting Striker this last cycle, Elbereth.

The Ghostbloods are all dead, to my knowledge.

It looks like everybody else is about to win.

That was kind of anticlimactic, to be honest.

Still a fun game, heh. Faction games are highly interesting.

Well played everybody.

The only case in which the game doesn't end this cycle is if Yitzi is actually a secret faction. If I had to guess I would say he isn't, but if he is, that would make the game last one additional cycle.

Actually, I am a Son of Honor.  (I believe it is clear from Drake's post that Joe is the other one.)

Now, that raises the point: The unaligned Alethi have the ability to decide whether to win with the Sons of Honor, or with the unaligned Parshendi.  (You have enough protection to ensure we, as well as you, survive long enough to take out both Cloud and Alvron, no matter what they do.)

However, I would request that you consider: I helped you find a Voidbringer the very first cycle.  Striker killed another one the second cycle (admittedly, I don't think that was on purpose).  Brightness Radiant did most of the job of wiping out the Ghostbloods through her Highprince attack.  And we have been pushing to vote for people whose deaths were required for your victory (Ghostbloods and Voidbringers), never once trying to manipulate you into mislynching an unaligned Parshendi (as the game format probably assumed we would).  Conversely, the unaligned Parshendi have consistently attempted to drive the lynch against Sons of Honor instead of even Ghostblood Parshendi.

In other words, we have been working toward your victory with the lynch as well as our own with our shardblade; I request that you consider that when making your decision as kingmakers.

Edited by Yitzi2

9 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

Actually, I am a Son of Honor.  (I believe it is clear from Drake's post that Joe is the other one.)

You are? Interesting.

Well, in the interests of peace, and to ensure both the fastest and least boring victory for all involved... I hope you don't take offense if we lynch you tomorrow.

This gives both unaligned races the highest odds at victory.

9 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

However, I would request that you consider: I helped you find a Voidbringer the very first cycle. Striker killed another one the second cycle (admittedly, I don't think that was on purpose). Brightness Radiant did most of the job of wiping out the Ghostbloods through her Highprince attack. And we have been pushing to vote for people whose deaths were required for your victory (Ghostbloods and Voidbringers), never once trying to manipulate you into mislynching an unaligned Parshendi (as the game format probably assumed we would). Conversely, the unaligned Parshendi have consistently attempted to drive the lynch against Sons of Honor instead of even Ghostblood Parshendi.

If we were comparing the Voidbringers and Sons of Honor, I would definitely agree that you have been a generally more tolerable secret faction. You've played well.

But otherwise, you aren't really making a fair comparison. The unaligned Parshendi had to watch out for their own interests in addition to those of the Alethi. Specifically, we had to watch out for the Sons of Honor.

At the end of the day though, Yitzi is quite right. We have a kingmaker scenario.

Although it isn't actually a kingmaker scenario with the entirety of the Alethi unaligned. It actually all hinges on one person, if you think about it. @Elbereth

If you protect Joe tonight and vote to lynch a Parshendi tomorrow, the Sons and Alethi will probably win.

If you do anything else, the unaligned of both Alethi and Parshendi will win.

At one point, you were interested in supporting the Sons, and you were honest about those intentions. However, you also decided to protect Alvron instead of Striker.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure you get to decide the outcome of this game.

6 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

You are? Interesting.

Well, in the interests of peace, and to ensure both the fastest and least boring victory for all involved... I hope you don't take offense if we lynch you tomorrow.

This gives both unaligned races the highest odds at victory.

If we were comparing the Voidbringers and Sons of Honor, I would definitely agree that you have been a generally more tolerable secret faction. You've played well.

But otherwise, you aren't really making a fair comparison. The unaligned Parshendi had to watch out for their own interests in addition to those of the Alethi. Specifically, we had to watch out for the Sons of Honor.

At the end of the day though, Yitzi is quite right. We have a kingmaker scenario.

Although it isn't actually a kingmaker scenario with the entirety of the Alethi unaligned. It actually all hinges on one person, if you think about it. @Elbereth

If you protect Joe tonight and vote to lynch a Parshendi tomorrow, the Sons and Alethi will probably win.

At one point, you were interested in supporting the Sons, and you were honest about those intentions. However, you also decided to protect Alvron instead of Striker.

-The unaligned Alethi are certain to win either way, unless there's a Ghostblood or two hiding (in which case the victory route that doesn't require finding the Ghostbloods would be the better one, plus if there's no other Parshendi Ghostbloods then your clearing everybody except Joe and myself would preclude that possibility anyway, so killing Parshendi would let us know about the situation sooner; I don't think it's very likely in any case, though.)

-The unaligned Parshendi and the Alethi both had to look out for their own interests as well as those of the Alethi, and did so.  The difference is that we split our resources (Striker's first kill was a known Voidbringer) while letting the Alethi resource (the lynch) look out for the interests of the Alethi, while you used your resources entirely for your own interests, while also splitting the Alethi resource.  (Admittedly, in the early game you really didn't have much of a choice, but it didn't change even once you got a Shardbearer.)

And I don't think it's entirely up to Elbereth; if she does nothing and there's an available guardsman among the unaligned Alethi, that might also be enough to give us the victory if the rest of the Alethi unaligned (or enough) agree to lynch a Parshendi tomorrow.  But yeah, Elbereth is the primary decider here.

5 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Tell me honestly though. Were we wrong to pursue the Sons of Honor the way we did?

Were you wrong?  No.

Is the discrepancy something that will lead the Alethi unaligned (especially Elbereth) to side with us?  I hope so...

18 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

However, I would request that you consider: I helped you find a Voidbringer the very first cycle.  Striker killed another one the second cycle (admittedly, I don't think that was on purpose). Brightness Radiant did most of the job of wiping out the Ghostbloods through her Highprince attack.  And we have been pushing to vote for people whose deaths were required for your victory (Ghostbloods and Voidbringers), never once trying to manipulate you into mislynching an unaligned Parshendi (as the game format probably assumed we would).  Conversely, the unaligned Parshendi have consistently attempted to drive the lynch against Sons of Honor instead of even Ghostblood Parshendi.

In other words, we have been working toward your victory with the lynch as well as our own with our shardblade; I request that you consider that when making your decision as kingmakers.

No. I did that, through convincing you and her to protect me while I soaked kills, two cycles in a row, despite both times (though particularly the first) you being reluctant to do so. 

Why would the game format assume you would try to lynch unaligned Parshendi on grounds that they're Voidbringers? That would be actively against your own interests. The Voidbringers were until the rebalancing the only mechanic with which the Parshendi could kill you. Of course you would want them dead. (Ghostbloods similarly. You needed Jondesu as dead as any of us, since he was Parshendi, so why not kill the more dangerous player first?)

Essentially: everyone in this game, including myself, has been working towards their own victory as best they can with the tools they have. For the Alethi/Sons, that's the lynch and the Shardblade. For the Parshendi/Voidbringers, that's their kills and trying to persuade everyone else to be fair. I don't really view either side as better or worse. 

8 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

I protected Alvron for two reasons: first, my loyalty rested more in BR than the Sons, and she was dead, and they had never made me make any promises of alliance or anything of the sort, so there was no reason for me to hold to my word. Secondly, wouldn't the game be boring otherwise? The Parshendi Shardbearer would be dead, and it'd just be a matter of lynching and killing the rest of the Parshendi and Cloud. Which is absolutely no fun at all, hmm?

At this point, assuming there's no second Ghostblood Parshendi, what I do matters absolutely nothing to my win condition and those of my team. (There could be another Voidbringer, but in that case we've probably already lost.) 

Which players do I think deserve to win more? 

No comment. 

Cloud

20 hours ago, Elbereth said:

No. I did that, through convincing you and her to protect me while I soaked kills, two cycles in a row, despite both times (though particularly the first) you being reluctant to do so.

To be clear; that reluctance was due to misjudging whom the Ghostbloods were more likely to attack.

Day 9: Aggressive Negotiations

Writeup will come later. Probably. I hope.

-------------------------------------

Day 9 has begun! Due to other engagements, the next rollover will be postponed by a couple of hours.

Also, an important note: I will end the game as soon as the victory conditions of one faction or alliance of factions becomes inevitable.

bla_1501387200.png

Corinoc (cloudjumper) was lynched. He was a Voidbringer Stormform!

Rif (Yitzi2) was attacked and killed. He was a Son of Honor Guardsman!

Vote Count:

Cloudjumper (9): Straw, _Stick_, Sami, A Joe in the Bush, Yitzi2, Drake Marshall, Daniyah, Cloudjumper, Alvron,

Alethi Player List:

1. Straw @Straw
  2. Stick @_Stick_
  3. Samar @Sami
  4. TBD @A Joe in the Bush
  5. Unnamed Character 4 @Sart
  6. Kreshela @Elbereth

Parshendi Player List:

1. Kyner @Drake Marshall
  2. Anya @Daniyah
  3. Mint @Frozen Mint
  4. Petyr and Cranium @Alvron

The Dead

1. Plato Anderson (Elenion). Voidbringer Decayform
  2. Arbol (Roadwalker). Voidbringer Decayform
  3. Locke (OrlokTsubodai). Alethi Artifabrian
  4. Aredor (asterion137). Alethi Artifabrian
  5. Raaman (Hemalurgic Headshot). Alethi Guardsman
  6. Zephyras (Megasif) Ghostblood Ambassador
  7. Kintas (Jondesu) Ghostblood Parshendi Warform
  8. Unnamed Character 5 (Crimsn-Wolf) Ghostblood Shardbearer (Plate)
  9. Unnamed Character 1 (BrightnessRadiant) Son of Honor Highprince
  10. Max Mercury (The Flash) Alethi Shardbearer (Plate)
  11. Ethelinar (StrikerEZ) Son of Honor Shardbearer (Blade)
  12. Corinoc (cloudjumper). Voidbringer Stormform
  13. Rif (Yitzi2) Son of Honor Guardsman

Was it not obvious that Yitzi was the kill target for tonight? If I were going to protect anyone I would most certainly have protected him.   

And if anyone's wondering, while I did prefer the unaligned win slightly, I decided whether to protect by flipping a coin. Because, why not? :P 

5 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Was it not obvious that Yitzi was the kill target for tonight? If I were going to protect anyone I would most certainly have protected him.   

And if anyone's wondering, while I did prefer the unaligned win slightly, I decided whether to protect by flipping a coin. Because, why not? :P 

Okay, yes it was obvious. I actually suggested in the Parshendi doc that Yitzi might be preferable to Joe. Although maybe we wanted you to think that and we were actually going to attack Joe :P or maybe Alvron flipped a coin

In all fairness though, I also asked Cloud to attack Joe. Because who doesn't like xanatos gambits? :D Not that this was actually very likely to work, because even if Cloud did put in the order, It looks like the lynch precluded a stormform kill.

So here we are. The gods of RNG hath spoken, and we will have peace.

Yup. IKYK. :P To me it mostly depended on who suggested the kill - you were pretty certain to suggest Yitzi. Alv was unpredictable, because he'd know I'd see past your post in thread but... well, it's an IKYK. So I had a better bet protecting Yitzi, though it was far from certain. 
Fortunately, I didn't have to worry about it. :P 

Uh, it shouldn't have. The lynch and kills are simultaneous. That is clever - I'd forgotten that Cloud had a kill left, though I shouldn't have. >> 

Indeed. I mean, technically the Sons could still win if the unaligned Alethi went for that. 

I don't have any particular inclination to, though. And Joe's been irritating my instincts all game thinking he's acting too obviously Ghostblood, so Joe

51 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

You finally converting to the Gods of Luck and Chance?

48 minutes ago, Sami said:

the fate of the universe rests on the flip of a coin

As it should be.

32 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

So here we are. The gods of RNG hath spoken, and we will have peace.

As it is written so shall it be.  The Gods of Luck and Chance rule us all.

7 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Indeed. I mean, technically the Sons could still win if the unaligned Alethi went for that. 

That would require you to protect Joe tonight as if the Lynch turns, then I'm going to be Blading him.