5 minutes ago, Sami said:

@BrightnessRadiant thanks! It sounds really fun so I'm pretty excited to be here.

One thing I don't get is the bit about the unified day and night cycles. How does that work?

It's a blast! :D

Usually it means that everything is rolled together including the eliminator kill, the lynch, and any actions available to each individual... instead of having the lynch during the "day" cycle and the elim kill being during the "night" cycle (and varying actions for each cycle) So just one cycle for everything.

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

1 minute ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

It's a blast! :D

Usually it means that everything is rolled together including the eliminator kill, the lynch, and any actions available to each individual... instead of having the lynch during the "day" cycle and the elim kill being during the "night" cycle (and varying actions for each cycle) So just one cycle for everything.

Aha I get it now! Thanks :D

4 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Signing up as no character, becaise none of my characters are parshendi. I'll choose my character once the game starts.

To all of you who are signing up with actual characters, what are you going to do if you're a parshendi? =P

I purposefully left my race out of the sign-up. Nobody said my significant other wasn't a racist Parshendi.

5 hours ago, Sami said:

I'm in as Samar! This my first game so let's see how I go...... And forgive my newbie mistakes :D but hey we all have to start somewhere!

(Just hoping I don't get anyone significant)

Welcome!  We're glad to have you!  Hope you enjoy this game.

5 hours ago, Sami said:

I'm in as Samar! This my first game so let's see how I go...... And forgive my newbie mistakes :D but hey we all have to start somewhere!

(Just hoping I don't get anyone significant)

Sami! Welcome, my fellow surgefinder. Let's have a good game. :D

8 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

InB4 this game is actually a group of kandra LARPing with bones for costumes.

Storm it, if I wasn't so likely to go on holiday before this game is over, I'd steal this as a character concept.

Actually, @Seonid, how long do cycles take?

Questions:

-Do members of secret factions count as Alethi/Parshendi for the purpose of win conditions?

-If a highprince attacks someone (due to them attacking someone the highprince was protecting), can that be blocked by another highprince?

-Can shardblades/plate be transferred?

-If a Parshendi in Warform is attacked (so they survive), and they change to another form, is there any benefit in changing back to Warform?

-Am I correct in understanding that Sons of Honor and Voidbringers do not have a faction kill?

1 hour ago, Yitzi2 said:

-Do members of secret factions count as Alethi/Parshendi for the purpose of win conditions?

Yes

1 hour ago, Yitzi2 said:

-If a highprince attacks someone (due to them attacking someone the highprince was protecting), can that be blocked by another highprince?

Yes

1 hour ago, Yitzi2 said:

-Can shardblades/plate be transferred?

No

1 hour ago, Yitzi2 said:

-If a Parshendi in Warform is attacked (so they survive), and they change to another form, is there any benefit in changing back to Warform?

Warform retains the ability to target another player and take any attacks directed at them even after the extra life is gone. What you might be able to do with that will be up to players to figure out.

1 hour ago, Yitzi2 said:

-Am I correct in understanding that Sons of Honor and Voidbringers do not have a faction kill?

That is correct, although Voidbringers have faction unique forms with kill abilities.

2 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

And I take it that Parshendi Ghostbloods and Voidbringers have access to the Parshendi doc?

Yes. All secret factions have access to the public faction docs, or else a quick role-call could ferret out all of the elims.

2 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

And I take it that Parshendi Ghostbloods and Voidbringers have access to the Parshendi doc?

Yes.

Just now, Elenion said:

Yes. All secret factions have access to the public faction docs, or else a quick role-call could ferret out all of the elims.

The Parshendi are the only public faction with a doc. But the principle here is sound.

4 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Yes.

The Parshendi are the only public faction with a doc. But the principle here is sound.

Oh, missed that.

Unrelated question: if the Sons of Honor kill all Parshendi, but there is still a Ghostblood among the Alethi, does the game end with a Sons win? If so, that would make a Ghostblood win nigh impossible.

Just now, Elenion said:

Oh, missed that.

Unrelated question: if the Sons of Honor kill all Parshendi, but there is still a Ghostblood among the Alethi, does the game end with a Sons win? If so, that would make a Ghostblood win nigh impossible.

The game does end with a Sons win in that case. However, if all of a faction's members are killed, that win condition is removed from the game. That wasn't explicit in the rules, but it's true. If all the sons of honor die, then the sons of honor can't win, even if all the parshendi are later killed. Similarly with the voidbringers. The Ghostbloods face the same sort of dilemma the serial killer does in a regular game: trying to make sure one side or another doesn't get the upper hand.

So the Sons want to finish the Parshendi before the Ghostbloods and lynches get them, and reversed for the Voidbringers. The rank and file Alethi and Parshendi want their respective Hidden faction to win the game and therefore get their public faction the survival condition. The Ghostbloods need to eliminate the Sons and Voidbringers first, and then finish off the rank and file members.

2 hours ago, Seonid said:

The game does end with a Sons win in that case. However, if all of a faction's members are killed, that win condition is removed from the game.

Does this mean that if all regular Alethi are killed, and then the Sons of Honor take out all the Parshendi, the regular Alethi players do not win?

Or is it only for secret factions?  Or does the win condition still remain for purposes of determining which players win, but no longer have the ability to cause game end?

Just now, Yitzi2 said:

Does this mean that if all regular Alethi are killed, and then the Sons of Honor take out all the Parshendi, the regular Alethi players do not win?

That is correct. A faction must have a member living at the end of the game in order to win.

Just now, Seonid said:

That is correct. A faction must have a member living at the end of the game in order to win.

In which case, the only possible alliances are Alethi/Parshendi, Alethi/Sons of Honor, and Parshendi/Voidbringers.

Just now, Yitzi2 said:

In which case, the only possible alliances are Alethi/Parshendi, Alethi/Sons of Honor, and Parshendi/Voidbringers.

Unless enough people sign up for me to add additional hidden factions, you are correct. 24 players is the minimum for that.