Dragon Reborn

You know you read mistborn when

40 posts in this topic

When you think a roller coaster fell like pushing on metals

When you begin to pay more attention to those around you with piercings or earrings

Heh, the other day I was reading an article about MRI machines. And it mentioned the dangers of metal implants, and I was imagining your pacemaker dramatically flying across the room... and then it talked about causing problems by just moving an inch. And I remember thinking, that's right, it's harder to Pull metal when it's in your body- wait, what did I just say?

When you constantly think about how much more convenient Steelpushing would be then taking the stairs or elevator.

When you have a really boring lesson and finally understand why being a pulser is super useful...

When every time you read or hear "flare", you expect the next word to be the name of a metal.

Wasing the talking when you of in High Imperial, and wasing the understanding High Imperial people the don'ting.

2 minutes ago, HelloMyNameIsDrBloodborne said:

Wasing the talking when you of in High Imperial, and wasing the understanding High Imperial people the don'ting.

Ising the needing of people to learning the knowing of speaking. 

When you're stuck in traffic and all you can think about is getting out of the car and tapping iron and pushing outward with steel...

On 7/2/2017 at 5:34 PM, Rasarr said:

When every time you read or hear "flare", you expect the next word to be the name of a metal.

I do this every time I see the word 'radiant',

When you are late, and wish you could tap steel. Or need to be awake and wish for Bronze.

When you stub your toe and shout "By the lord ruler".

On 7/27/2017 at 9:34 PM, Nathrangking said:

When you stub your toe and shout "By the lord ruler".

Haha I consistently confuse my friends and family with Sanderson profanity, usually without even thinking about what I'm doing.

When your boss tells you to do something and as you get up to do it you suspect that he just burned brass.

...When you start estimating the weight of things around you planning a quick escape from your situation. I have estimated the metal window frames, desk and file cabinets and what is behind them as anchors for a retreat from my office.

When you discover that you have a little more "luck" than usual.

When you start wondering which ancient deities may have actually been homicitally manical crime lords...

When you write all of your important information on tinfoil.

When it's foggy outside so you go out on your rooftop and almost jump off before you realize you're not a Coinshot

When you fall asleep in class and you suspect that soothing has occurred. 

I frequently think about how things go badly when I can handle them but strokes of really vital good luck can come along when really needed and wonder if I'm storing and tapping Feruchemical luck. I'm not sure where my Chromiummind is though 

When you suddenly remember the answers to the test and later take off your penny necklace.

Edited by Nathrangking

When someone says "Miles per hour" and you're confused because they haven't read AoL and

Spoiler

Miles is already dead

LOL happened this week 

Edited by 17th Splinter

When it's late at night and you wish you had a bronzemind on hand

Or when in movies the protagonists seem to dodge bullets like they are burning atium, and yet no such satisfying explanation is provided

When you really don't want to do your assigned projects and you wish that you could soothe your way out of it.

When whenever the mist comes out, you immediately go outside because you feel protected and sheltered by them