Hi all,

I've been catching up on my Writing Excuses and in my car I heard the podcast that spoke of these plot flashcards. Unfortunately, I can't seem to dig up any information in the liner notes or archives -- especially because I cannot even remember what season I was listening to at the time.

Does anyone remember this episode? Can you help me with what the flashcards are called?

Thanks!

Kristina Lovell

Do you mean the flashcard that give you ideas when you are stuck on your plot? Those cards were called Oblique Strategies. I don't remember the episode though.

The Oblique Strategies is from ep  8.35 Digging Yourself Out of a Hole with Jeph Jaques.

And if you're talking about flashcards to help plot arcs, in general, I don't remember the exact episode but it would be a plotting/planning episode - maybe the one on mystery/suspense writing? If that's what you're looking for, try this: http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2011/01/writers-plot-board-getting-organized.html

The WE website search gives me ep 2.7: Using Writing Formulas with Bob Defendi, which is maybe what you were looking for? I don't recall anything on the topic in the past 2 seasons or so, but I could be wrong there.