The 17th Shard as the Kandra Nation.

I feel like we here on the Shard are the Kandra. 

The founders and original TWG people are the first Generation.

The big names that have been around here forever are the seconds.

There are some more recent members that are recognizable, and respected, but still feel difference towards the 1sts and 2nds

I lurked for years as a mistwraith, and feel like now I'm an unruly and obnoxious 4th.

You could see it that way... but what about people wielding the awesome power of shaping the forum as they see fit, capable even of unmaking the forum altogether, those who carry the Dawnhammers? What about those who walk between us, whose holy task is to govern and control, who carry the Banhammers?

5 minutes ago, Elenion said:

I'm probably a third-generation user. In terms of longevity I'm a relatively recent member, but post-wise I'm about to crack the top 50 posters of all time.

I appreciate the input of the Thirds. 

Mm, I'd probably fit into the 3rd or 4th generation. I joined about 18 months ago and am not terribly far behind Mestiv in terms of rep count (that matters cos he's always been awesome AND he's a mod now :P), but I figure I'm not a really big name since I don't actually spend much time in the Cosmere-centered subforums.

12 hours ago, Extesian said:

only discovered Sanderson two years ago.

So did I. I read my first Sanderson book (which was Way Of Kings) in April of 2015.

Guys, we can't be all Thirds... I think I'm gonna go be Steel Heraldqusitor or something...

Break it out by book:

• Anyone on the Shard from its inception to AoL is 1st generation. (WoK was out before the Shard came online, right?) TWG members grandfathered in, of course.
  • Between AoL and WoR is 2nd.
  • Between WoR and SoS is 3rd.
  • Between SoS and AU is 4th. (BoM really is part of the same wave.)
  • Anyone after AU is 5th.
  • Once OB is released, we'll be getting the first of the 6th generation.

If I'm wrong, and WoK was released after the Shard had come online, then bump everyone back a generation.

@Pagerunner that makes too much sense to ignore, but you've given me an identity crisis. I'm a third who didn't come out of my shell til the birth of the fourths had passed, and they had come of age.

I feel like I must have lost my blessings for a while. 

Edited by Calderis

7 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

@Pagerunner By that methodology I'd be a 4th, since I joined right after the release of BoM. I've been a Sanderfan longer than that, though; started with Alcatraz sometime before the end of 2011 and began reading Cosmere novels in fall 2013.

When was Brandon announced as finishing WoT? I picked up Mistborn a few months prior to that... 

17 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

So maybe calling myself a Sanderfan when all I'd read was Alcatraz isn't quite accurate.

Nonsense. I was a Sanderfan after the Prologue of TFE.

Edit: Tor announced him finishing WoT on Dec. 10th 2007. So I guess I've been a Sanderfan since summer of 2007.

Edited by Calderis

Wow, guess I'm a Fourth. Did we ever see any Fourths in the books? Are they gits? If they are, do I get upvotes if I'm a git for "role-playing"? 

Kidding, of course.

Edited by Shardmonk