Lord Rulers' Motives

Steelheart

9 hours ago, FiveLate said:

/sarcasm Umm wasn't that part of a plot I read somewhere? /

VenDell explains in BoM that the Terris are working to consolidate bloodlines to birth a full feruchemist again. Wax suspected that the Set kidnapped the woman to breed more allomancers, but that hasn't been verified as far as I could tell.

Edited by Spoolofwhool

30 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Wax suspected that the Set kidnapped the woman to breed more allomancers, but that hasn't been verified as far as I could tell.

And the suspects of that assumed breeding program seem to be a likely source of the spikes we see in the Set in BoM

20 hours ago, FiveLate said:

Yet he still had children, and their descendants live on. So he would have had to be willing to kill his own children if they exhibited Feruchemy, or had a way to suppress that from being passed on.

True, but we know Inquisitors had spikes granting F-Gold, and we know that a soul is viable for Hemalurgic theft from conception onward. That's a cleanup policy that enhances his regime.

If you want to be even more morbid, he could turn Feruchemist children into Koloss. If he had a twinborn child with F-Gold, make them an Inquisitor. Hell, he could even have known how to spike out powers without killing the host. Say he spikes in a human attribute to replace that gap in the soul out of remorse or a desire to experiment. He could also spike out their F-Gold and spike it back into them so it's harder to inherit. There are many solutions that could end up with a living descendant that may or may not have access to Feruchemy.

• Chaos locked this topic