A really ridiculous theory: Cosmere Nutella!!!

Steeldancer

So I love nutella, as all people should. If you've never had it, get some. 

Anyway, we know that instant noodles are being developed on Scadrial, Hoid likes instant noodles, and is interested in developing the forces creating instant noodles. Sadly, instant noodles are boring. My question is: is Hoid interested in developing forces that will create a nutella equivalent? I assume it would occur on scadrial, and I would love for someone in mistborn era 3 to be eating a nutella sandwich. :P

2 questions:

1. How do you pronounce it? My brothers wife (originally from south africa) says Newtella. I say Nuhtella. 

2. Do you eat it straight from the jar? I do (judge me all you want, i won't stop!) Ive even started buying the smaller jars because the tea spoon gets to the bottom easier than the larger jars.

3. Bonus question, have you had Nutella with peanut butter? That's also good.

Sorry. I really really like nutella

1 hour ago, Erai Sedai said:

2 questions:

1. How do you pronounce it? My brothers wife (originally from south africa) says Newtella. I say Nuhtella. 

2. Do you eat it straight from the jar? I do (judge me all you want, i won't stop!) Ive even started buying the smaller jars because the tea spoon gets to the bottom easier than the larger jars.

Sorry. I really really like nutella

1. "Newtella." And I'm (mostly) from SoCal...

2. Sometimes, yes. Anyone who answers no to this is obviously a liar.

3. No, actually, but that sounds like a good combination. I'll make a mental note to try that sometime.

Anyways, to address the OP. My one concern is that Scadrial might not have either hazelnuts or coca plants on it. But if it does, I'm sure it will be a thing :P

10 minutes ago, Drake Marshall said:

Anyways, to address the OP. My one concern is that Scadrial might not have either hazelnuts or coca plants on it. But if it does, I'm sure it will be a thing :P

Don't know about the hazelnuts, but we know they have chocolate. Cause Marasi loved drinking some Choc 

5 hours ago, Erai Sedai said:

4 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

3. No, actually, but that sounds like a good combination. I'll make a mental note to try that sometime.

When it comes to a low-prep, high-energy food, I practically swear by the PB + Nutella sandwich. A warning: it's a little drier than your average PB+J, but the carbs in the bread and the oils in the PB and Nutella will keep you going whether it's for a long hike or that one final that you're dreading.

6 hours ago, Erai Sedai said:

Newtella in Utah, both in the city and rural towns. I've lived in both.

Nutella is the liquid manifestation of the Shard that invested in Earth. Nutella is your best friend, but the kind of friend your Dad forbids you from hanging out with. Nutella slays Princesses and beds demons. Nutella is the sleeper pick for next POTUS. Nutella is precious to me. And I won't hear a word against It.

8 hours ago, Extesian said:

Nutella is the liquid manifestation of the Shard that invested in Earth. Nutella is your best friend, but the kind of friend your Dad forbids you from hanging out with. Nutella slays Princesses and beds demons. Nutella is the sleeper pick for next POTUS. Nutella is precious to me. And I won't hear a word against It.

Nutella is the solid investiture of the shard of industry, and grants mystical powers to nutellomancers that consume it.

Also if Lift ever gets ahold of a jar of Nutella it would make her awesome for a looooong time.

I don't remember where the specific WoB is, but at one point he said that if it exists or has existed on Earth, it exists at some point in Scadrial's time line as it is the nearest Earth equivalent in the cosmere, so I think we're good on both hazelnuts and Nutella.

• 1 month later...
On 19/06/2017 at 9:37 PM, Erai Sedai said:

Must just be in Australia that we say Nuhtella. I give my sister-in-law reason to laugh at me this time. 

It isn't just Australia. In New Zealand and England, it is Nuhtella. I never even knew that people were pronouncing it newtella. That's just weird.

4 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

If Hoid likes instant noodles, I imagine Kelsier likes nutella. That would make a great conflict (would probably lead to Brandon creating Era 5).

Oh, and I'm not actually sure if I have ever eaten nutella in my life. Please dont judge me.

Dude. Try it. It's a beautiful thing. 

• 3 months later...
  • Chaos locked this topic